(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,223 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-game-of-thrones-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-chicago-gaming-attack-from-mars-pinball-mods (resized).png
IMG_5737 (resized).PNG
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
There are 8,223 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 165.
#5201 4 years ago

Yes RZ and AMH do get huge results after they are installed. Here is RZ and I may have an AMH pic too somewhere. Now this one is really dramatic.

0C7FF4CF-DB4F-49BB-835B-2DBBF5C04750 (resized).jpeg0C7FF4CF-DB4F-49BB-835B-2DBBF5C04750 (resized).jpegEFC2FE1C-62ED-4B80-86D8-18D3335B1AF0 (resized).jpegEFC2FE1C-62ED-4B80-86D8-18D3335B1AF0 (resized).jpeg
#5202 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Metallica definitely is brighter than most of the machines but for sure benefits tremendously. Definitely a popular machine for the Pin Stadiums. Love the pics and it looks great mandelbloom
The key is the even and elevated illumination it provides for sure. Then add the UV+Glow to the Sparky show and you are set!

So my machine isn’t nice? Duly noted.

I get a great interactive glow with my Creeping Death rails & lightshow. No slight to your product.

#5203 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

So my machine isn’t nice? Duly noted.
I get a great interactive glow with my Creeping Death rails & lightshow. No slight to your product.

Yes of course yours looks great too. Pin Stadiums or not it’s Metallica!!

#5204 4 years ago

Pics of my TWDLE. With and without Pinstadiums on.

35BCBF43-E272-4C40-A4DD-098E9ECF4A61 (resized).jpeg35BCBF43-E272-4C40-A4DD-098E9ECF4A61 (resized).jpegCE44E334-5C65-42E3-BEED-66EEABDB2363 (resized).jpegCE44E334-5C65-42E3-BEED-66EEABDB2363 (resized).jpeg
#5205 4 years ago

Totes true on rz

2C20B407-FC68-4793-8FB4-CDC486609D0D (resized).jpeg2C20B407-FC68-4793-8FB4-CDC486609D0D (resized).jpeg3C08CD1A-A1C7-4271-BE21-E154ED19D4A2 (resized).jpeg3C08CD1A-A1C7-4271-BE21-E154ED19D4A2 (resized).jpeg
#5206 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Pics of my TWDLE. With and without Pinstadiums on.[quoted image][quoted image]

This seems like it would be achievable with a few spotlights. Pinball Life has some at $2.50 each.

#5207 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Pics of my TWDLE. With and without Pinstadiums on.

That definitely made a difference and looks good. I find that 5-SMD cool white or sunlight towers in the stock sockets brighten up any playfield nicely as well. I just don’t like looking at the LED strip reflections (circled).

5AF0E752-FB88-4671-8381-F3B2105AFBBB (resized).jpeg5AF0E752-FB88-4671-8381-F3B2105AFBBB (resized).jpeg
#5208 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

There you go .. I will say off all my machines Metallica needs it the least .

I’d definitely throw mirror blades in too if not for the CD blades in mine. Your MET looks great with mirrors.

#5209 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That definitely made a difference and looks good. I find that 5-SMD cool white or sunlight towers in the stock sockets brighten up any playfield nicely as well. I just don’t like looking at the LED strip reflections (circled).[quoted image]

You definitely will be a fan of the BLURs when they are released for sure.

#5210 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That definitely made a difference and looks good. I find that 5-SMD cool white or sunlight towers in the stock sockets brighten up any playfield nicely as well. I just don’t like looking at the LED strip reflections (circled).[quoted image]

True. The ramp reflections are, well, distracting while playing.

#5211 4 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

This seems like it would be achievable with a few spotlights. Pinball Life has some at $2.50 each.

This is definitely an option.

#5212 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Just wait for BLUR!!! Haha

#5213 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll check them out at Pincinnati

#5214 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You said it, I didn't

#5215 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’d definitely throw mirror blades in too if not for the CD blades in mine. Your MET looks great with mirrors.

Thanks ! I wasn’t in love with the art that was out there so I went mirror .. came out great. I have modded the heck out of this thing had it for like 6 years .

I may move these to my black knight when I get my hovers as Met is pretty bright as is .

I will admit I wish pricing was better on these not sure the cost to make . But Scott can charge whatever he wants no one has to buy them or read this thread for that matter . I was sold on these after seeing them in person at TPF not pictures .

#5216 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Don’t tease me. I need to play your vampire in the worst way.

#5217 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Thanks ! I wasn’t in love with the art that was out there so I went mirror .. came out great. I have modded the heck out of this thing had it for like 6 years .
I may move these to my black knight when I get my hovers as Met is pretty bright as is .
I will admit I wish pricing was better on these not sure the cost to make . But Scott can charge whatever he wants no one has to buy them or read this thread for that matter . I was sold on these after seeing them in person at TPF not pictures .

Same. I saw these before they were available for sale and I immediately thought of like 10 games that needed them.

I also hate games that use all the GI and backbox lighting as flashers. (Looking at you DE games). So these if you leave theme set to always on, cure all this.

Pricey, Hell yeah. That’s why I got a set or two and take them game to game as needed.

#5218 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Glad you are going to make it to the event. Last year was extremely well done and this year will be bigger and better. The new area Pincinnati added is huge! Don't let chuckwurt play it down. I have seen it.

#5219 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

This is likely a better angle to demonstrate that they are in and what the playfield looks like. Thanks for the input and this is a perfect example for anyone that may have thought the same thing. This game also has the factory apron lights on it which is like the Black Knight. Take a look![quoted image]

I've had enough of this nonsense.

Unlike the human eye, a camera CANNOT properly expose the darkest and lightest tones in these types of scenes at the same time. Expose for the light tones, such as light bulbs, and everything else in the scene becomes much darker than it actually is. And vice versa. See example pics below.

Anyone making purchase decisions based on these before & after images is either naive about what a camera can do, or very gullible.

20190807_165506 (resized).jpg20190807_165506 (resized).jpg

20190807_165502 (resized).jpg20190807_165502 (resized).jpg

#5220 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Glad you are going to make it to the event. Last year was extremely well done and this year will be bigger and better. The new area Pincinnati added is huge!

Yep. Need more vendors. If anyone wants space. Hit us up. The parts vendors last year did well. Lots of people want to buy, but not many people selling.

#5221 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I've had enough of this nonsense.
Unlike the human eye, a camera CANNOT properly expose the darkest and lightest tones in these types of scenes at the same time. Expose for the light tones, such as light bulbs, and everything else in the scene becomes much darker than it actually is. And vice versa. See example pics below.
Anyone making purchase decisions based on these before & after images is either very naive about what a camera can do, or very gullible.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yep totally agree that cameras are never a good way to capture light accurately, especially when the cameras automatically adjust to try to make the best pic. It's either too dark or too light. Never ever what the human eye sees. Has to be seen to be believed and this is every reason to have these machines at the Pin Stadium booth at events so people can see for themselves.

#5222 4 years ago

I gotta say something too.

Bless this guy and his marketing enthusiasm... but ...

GOT in standard form is maybe the brightest game ever made. Steve Bowden started wearing sunglasses when he played it due to the brightness and bright flasher effects.

This picture on the left is totally misrepresenting the standard game.

Being a “camera guy” for 30 years, I know what you can do with a camera, and the before photos are underexposed to make them look dark.

Maybe if you had bad cataracts the game would look like this. Lol.

In most countries, you can’t advertise false claims like this. You’d be up before the advertising tribunal.

Like I say ... 10/10 for marketing persistence. But these “before” photos are BS.

rd
9D5781A0-76AD-4322-9DE3-DD275827DCDB (resized).jpeg9D5781A0-76AD-4322-9DE3-DD275827DCDB (resized).jpeg

#5223 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I gotta say something too.
Bless this guy and his marketing enthusiasm... but ...
GOT in standard form is maybe the brightest game ever made. Steve Bowden started wearing sunglasses when he played it due to the brightness and bright flasher effects.
This picture on the left is totally misrepresenting the standard game.
Being a “camera guy” for 30 years, I know what you can do with a camera, and the before photos are underexposed to make them look dark.
Maybe if you had bad cataracts the game would look like this. Lol.
In most countries, you can’t advertise false claims like this. You’d be up before the advertising tribunal.
Like I say ... 10/10 for marketing persistence. But these “before” photos are BS.
rd
[quoted image]

This pic is a great example of the camera and what it will focus on. Look at how bright the upper playfield on the pic on the left (Pin Stadium Off) and then compare it to the right (Pin Stadium On).

The upper playfield appears much dimmer on the right and it has way more light on it in person. This is due to the auto adaptation features of cameras, all those chips do instantaneous calculations. The right playfield now has really nice even lighting and no hotspots to distract the AI in the camera

It will make the opposing areas darker and others lighter. The Pin Stadium is lighting up the upper playfield even more and it’s darker. Crazy!!

Bottom line is that we all will chase our tails all day long with these new cameras and pics of the playfields. Just see them in person to believe is the solution for sure.

Oh man I have to agree that on that GOT where the flasher is hooked up it’s super powerful and even I would wear sunglasses for that. Dwight loves a good light show and there’s no denying (he’s a customer too go figure lol)

Moving it to another location to a flasher that does not pulse as hard would be recommended if it’s too much. Additionally you can just disable it so you have GI benefits only. So there is tons of versatility. Very good topic to bring up.

#5224 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don’t tease me. I need to play your vampire in the worst way.

This thing doesn’t need more lights. You know I’ll bring it. Here’s some clear, actual shots.

521E42E6-6020-4792-91B6-5CB3D7FF0AAE (resized).jpeg521E42E6-6020-4792-91B6-5CB3D7FF0AAE (resized).jpegFBDB7609-BE05-4872-8E62-3A04E9539DCE (resized).jpegFBDB7609-BE05-4872-8E62-3A04E9539DCE (resized).jpeg
#5225 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

This pic is a great example of the camera and what it will focus on.

The camera is not like your eyes.

Your eyes are much more receptive to light than a traditional camera.

Go out at dusk today and look around. Now take a photo of it. The photo is black.

A skilled photographer opens the iris to let more light in, to illuminates the subject for the photo.

I really doubt you are just “point and shoot” at these photos.

If you genuinely are, I would recommend a course in photography. Because these “before” photos look nothing like any of the machines I have ever seen. And my eyes are almost 50 years old.

rd

#5226 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The camera is not like your eyes.
Your eyes are much more receptive to light than a traditional camera.
Go out at dusk today and look around. Now take a photo of it. The photo is black.
A skilled photographer opens the iris to let more light in, to illuminates the subject for the photo.
I really doubt you are just “point and shoot” at these photos.
If you genuinely are, I would recommend a course in photography. Because these “before” photos look nothing like any of the machines I have ever seen. And my eyes are almost 50 years old.
rd

Seeing is believing. I’m definitely not a pro photographer also haha!!

But guaranteed the results are night and day. Or dusk and day for sure lol.

I really appreciate you and your feedback on this. Always a popular discussion when it comes to trying to capture LEDs on machines. It’s a struggle for sure.

#5227 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

This thing doesn’t need more lights. You know I’ll bring it.[quoted image][quoted image]

That thing is sweet and I will definitely get some Before & Afters of that. Dracula at Pincinnati woohoo!!

#5228 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

This thing doesn’t need more lights. You know I’ll bring it. Here’s some clear, actual shots. [quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa baby! Can’t wait.

#5229 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Whoa baby! Can’t wait.

Pin Stadium will be there with several machines and I do recommend any vendors considering this event to go. You will sell well.

#5230 4 years ago

All right, I'm going to chime in on this real quick. Forgive me, I am currently out of town on behalf of active duty military obligations, so my access to resources is limited.

I do not have this product. I have made my opinion on it known (Nay).

Here is GOT Pro with PinStadium installed:

Focusing around 0:15-0:20 mark, it is perceived that the stock lighting is horrible.

Now here is my GOT Pro bare-bones stock maybe....the week I bought it NIB from GEX:

20180216_141013 (resized).jpg20180216_141013 (resized).jpg

It's no secret that the lights in the house are on (which, there is one single bulb hanging on the ceiling fan where the games are in the gameroom as seen in this pic below):

20181209_131334 (resized).jpg20181209_131334 (resized).jpg

Here is a picture my fiancee and step-son playing GOT Pro, in a dark room, with stock lighting from the side:

20180323_184025 (resized).jpg20180323_184025 (resized).jpg

Now I get it, it's not an optimal shot of the PF, but .....come on.....look at the factory lighting radiating excess light all over the place. Even from that angle, the shield with all the modes, which video focuses on as a dark area, is clearly visible on my game. There is no way the "before" picture in that video is accurate.

I respect someone creating a product out of passion and working hard to get ahead and make a profit. That's cool - no qualms with that. What I do not like is what I perceive to be some really deceptive marketing to make PinStadium some kind of undeniable necessity.

In extremely stark contrast, take ColorDMD - while not a necessity - flat out shows you the end product, and there's no denying that their product is a MASSIVE improvement over stock hardware. There's no trickery with camera settings, WYSIWYG. I can't say the same about PinStadium, and I feel that there is some decent hoodwinking to get people (with money to burn) to believe they must have this product, when really, the right LED bulbs and maybe 2-3 spotlights would do everything PinStadium does - for a lot less.

In conclusion, I tried my best to keep this from being perceived as a personal attack; it really is not. My bottom line: yay capitalism, but be honest about it, and I feel there's a lot of grey in some of these marketing tactics.

#5231 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

All right, I'm going to chime in on this real quick. Forgive me, I am currently out of town on behalf of active duty military obligations, so my access to resources is limited.
Focusing around 0:15-0:20 mark, it is perceived that the stock lighting is horrible.
Now here is my GOT Pro bare-bones stock maybe....the week I bought it NIB from GEX:
[quoted image]
It's no secret that the lights in the house are on (which, there is one single bulb hanging on the ceiling fan where the games are in the gameroom as seen in this pic below):
[quoted image]
Here is a picture my fiancee and step-son playing GOT Pro, in a dark room, with stock lighting from the side:
[quoted image]
Now I get it, it's not an optimal shot of the PF, but .....come on.....look at the factory lighting radiating excess light all over the place. Even from that angle, the shield with all the modes, which video focuses on as a dark area, is clearly visible on my game. There is no way the "before" picture in that video is accurate.
I respect someone creating a product out of passion and working hard to get ahead and make a profit. That's cool - no qualms with that. What I do not like is what I perceive to be some really deceptive marketing to make PinStadium some kind of undeniable necessity.
In extremely stark contrast, take ColorDMD - while not a necessity - flat out shows you the end product, and there's no denying that their product is a MASSIVE improvement over stock hardware. There's no trickery with camera settings, WYSIWYG. I can't say the same about PinStadium, and I feel that there is some decent hoodwinking to get people (with money to burn) to believe they must have this product, when really, the right LED bulbs and maybe 2-3 spotlights would do everything PinStadium does - for a lot less.
In conclusion, I tried my best to keep this from being perceived as a personal attack; it really is not. My bottom line: yay capitalism, but be honest about it, and I feel there's a lot of grey in some of these marketing tactics.

I have to agree with what your saying... no disrespect to the creator, but those video clips are definitely deceptive simply because the before is pushed in the worst possible direction.

Whether or not people like installing these things is neither here nor there for me. I tried them on my WOZ and couldn’t wait to take them off. And the OP was really gracious in helping to send necessary parts and materials to the guy that bought them from me. So each to their own on spending money on them and using them.

But for the amount of dramatic effort put into that video, it’s easy to see how one might assume the before images are reliable representations.

#5232 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thank you first and foremost for your service as we are a military family also.

Overhead lighting can really change how it looks and so does having no lights at all. I literally take pictures in a pitch black room. Always difficult to capture it accurately as it’s sometimes brighter than it should be or really dark.

Regardless, your first pic is a nice example of especially how the center area will benefit very nicely from the Pin Stadiums. GOT is extremely popular for Pin Stadiums and by no means does it need them but wow what a huge difference. If you look closely at the brightest areas near the slingshot plastics, imagine that level of illumination evenly across the entire playfield.

Thanks for taking the time to post this and you have an out of this world collection too!

#5233 4 years ago

Guys, just go see a set in person, with your own eyes. If you like them, buy them. If you don't like them, don't buy them. You can debate back and forth until the day you die, but the fact is, you don't know until you see them for yourself. Some people don't like it, some do. I have them on 2 machines, soon to be 3. I love them. Friends who have actually seen them and played my machines have bought them for their machines. However, you may hate them. I guess I'm just saying, don't accuse the guy of misrepresenting his product, when they really do make a huge difference in the lighting. Even if you don't particularly like the end result of the product.

#5234 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I have to agree with what your saying... no disrespect to the creator, but those video clips are definitely deceptive simply because the before is pushed in the worst possible direction.
Whether or not people like installing these things is neither here nor there for me. I tried them on my WOZ and couldn’t wait to take them off. And the OP was really gracious in helping to send necessary parts and materials to the guy that bought them from me. So each to their own on spending money on them and using them.
But for the amount of dramatic effort put into that video, it’s easy to see how one might assume the before images are reliable representations.

Nice to see you here on this thread and I remember working with you on your set back in the early days. I truly do back the product up 100% and if you are not blown away by the results then I’ve got you covered. WOZ is one of the most popular machine for these historically and even Jack from JJP loves them. However this is a good example of how they are not for everyone. Thanks for posting!!

#5235 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Guys, just go see a set in person, with your own eyes.

We have seen it, this is nothing new.

Some people don't like it, some do.

Absolutely, and as I keep repeating good luck to him and many happy costumers.

I guess I'm just saying, don't accuse the guy of misrepresenting his product....

Ha...yeah well no one is accusing Pinstadiums of not making a bunch of fucking light, We are accusing him of misrepresenting the before pictures.
Can you see this picture? Do you think this is accurate? Do you think this is a correct representation of what a Champion Pub looks like?
bwa (resized).jpegbwa (resized).jpeg

#5236 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yep totally agree that cameras are never a good way to capture light accurately, especially when the cameras automatically adjust to try to make the best pic. It's either too dark or too light. Never ever what the human eye sees. Has to be seen to be believed and this is every reason to have these machines at the Pin Stadium booth at events so people can see for themselves.

I respect your reply and agree with you. Definitely best to see the difference in person.

#5237 4 years ago

I know my before pic of my ST(which I thought was one of the brightest games out there) captured what it really looked like, as well as the after.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/90#post-5025797

I love the light show and the way it looks with Pin Stadiums so much better. When I turn them off in the app, the game just looks so much darker(obviously). I could never go back. It's a preference, but I'm glad that there's someone out there like Scott who has worked hard on making a product like this. It's a high quality product and I don't think it's oversold cause there is no way that I was going to try and do it myself. It's my machine, in my home, and I like it. #PinStadiums4Life!

#5238 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

I know my before pic of my ST(which I thought was one of the brightest games out there) captured what it really looked like, as well as the after.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/90#post-5025797
I love the light show and the way it looks with Pin Stadiums so much better. When I turn them off in the app, the game just looks so much darker(obviously). I could never go back. It's a preference, but I'm glad that there's someone out there like Scott who has worked hard on making a product like this. It's a high quality product and I don't think it's oversold cause there is no way that I was going to try and do it myself. It's my machine, in my home, and I like it. #PinStadiums4Life!

Stern Star Trek is one of those machines that is a prime example in the early days of Pin Stadiums that I questioned myself as to what kind of effect they would have on that machine.

I appreciate how much you are enjoying and that is what makes the hard work and time involved in developing these things on a commercial grade level for you all to be able to put them in your expensive machines.

Yes the GI benefits of illumination do make a huge impact on any machine (of course some even more than others) for visibility of artwork and ball tracking but the light show you refer to is thanks to the solid state Bally/Williams quality GI module which is the brains behind the operation. That’s something videos can only capture and this is what allows them to perfectly sync with any machine and it’s modes. The fading and turning on/off is exactly what the original designer intended as the machine is gaining control of the Pin Stadiums in perfect union.

The coolest thing about that feature was that it was because of you all suggesting this feature to be built into them prior to the first production run several years ago.

What a cool thing to have everyone making suggestions and helping to improve this product. I’m very thankful for that and that it is always great to get feedback since it allows me to make something that you love also.

Thanks for your kind post and I’m very grateful for your support always. As I start my day building more of these beasts to fill the orders from you wonderful collectors I think about what your reactions are going to be each time you install these on your machines. Some for the first time and others for multiple machines.

I still get excited to put a set on a new machine that lands in my collection. It’s the first thing I do before a ball even comes out of that trough.

Thanks again!!

AD771933-909F-4C14-A6F1-23F69E20E044 (resized).jpegAD771933-909F-4C14-A6F1-23F69E20E044 (resized).jpeg0EDB81DF-1CAD-485E-A885-1FBDAD045B7C (resized).jpeg0EDB81DF-1CAD-485E-A885-1FBDAD045B7C (resized).jpeg
#5239 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We have seen it, this is nothing new.

Absolutely, and as I keep repeating good luck to him and many happy costumers.

Ha...yeah well no one is accusing Pinstadiums of not making a bunch of fucking light, We are accusing him of misrepresenting the before pictures.
Can you see this picture? Do you think this is accurate? Do you think this is a correct representation of what a Champion Pub looks like?
[quoted image]

This is a good one to post as that is a customer submitted pic and one that was debated about a long time ago. Brings back memories of this same discussion.

Prime example of just how big of results you can get. This pic was after he installed his first set of 5 Pin Stadiums. Within 2 weeks he ordered 27 more and I believe holds the record for 2nd or 3rd place still.

What was even cooler was that this was a very seasoned veteran collector of many many years and wasn’t even on Pinside until he heard about these from other collector friends. He was old school and questioned the results too coming from the incandescent era like me. Great dude!! dewski24

Here is his official review: “My first purchase was for 5 sets with uv flashers...as a natural skeptic, I purchased for 5 different types of machines. ss,woz,tafg,cp,rz.....All I can say is WOW!!! My game room is dark and playing some of these games without extra lighting was almost impossible. I've had flashlights, light towers , led flush mounts, 2x2 ceiling panels.....Glare was putrid....Now these....below the glass, don't have to keep them the same color all the time ( although rz will be red!)..Can't say enough about the product or ESPECIALLY the support...A Text or email pretty much any day or time and fast response..ALL of my machines will have these now”

It’s another response like this that fuels the Pin Stadium factory! These last few days I got slammed with orders more than usually and not it’s time to catch up.

Also more Hovers will be shipping out every day and I will email tracking on those to you when they leave out of here. Thank you for your patience. I’m cranking away.

#5240 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

There is no way the "before" picture in that video is accurate.

But neither is your picture of your game. Look at the translight. The lighting of the translite is not completely washed out like that in person.

If Scott used the stock settings on his camera to focus the exposure on a bright area of the game (make the overall pic darker), you did the opposite.

If you’re translite actually looked like that in person, no one would complain about how horrible the art is because they wouldn’t be able to see it.

For streaming and recording video, you have to dumb down exposure settings to get smooth video. This makes the game look darker than it actually is. Then you add separate lighting to get the same smooth action on the recording, and also have a well lit playfield.

Normally streamers would put a separate light on a stand to light up the playfield. But pinstadiums do the same thing, within the game putting even light over the whole playfield.

At the end of the day most people that buy these saw them in person and liked the change and bought them. Not sure I’ve talked to a single person that said they bought these based on pictures alone. Way too expensive to do that.

Most common comment I hear people say about these at shows is, “why doesn’t my GOT or Addams Family look like that?”

#5241 4 years ago

Imo the only before and after Scott needs to show is RZ. That game is impossibly dark, and has a crazy improvement in visibility with these.

Most of the before and afters are from customers. When I sent some to Scott of my games, all he did was ask me to make sure it was a dark game room so that only the game lighting was at work. I obliged. I tried to get them as accurate as possible, but it was hard.

All I know is when I saw them on RZ, I knew my streams could benefit from these and allow me to punt on my external lighting. I was lucky enough to buy some early versions that were scrapped as all I needed them for was to be always on and have brightness and color control.

I’m priced out of the current versions like many right now, but if you need a dark game brighter, these definitely help with that. It’s one of many options out there to take care of that issue.

Any picture/video of lighting, especially LED, is impossible to get exactly right.

#5242 4 years ago

Great talk with Kaneda!

#5243 4 years ago

First two pics are lights off in my basement. One with Pinstadium on and one off. I have an iPhone XR. I opened the camera app, then clicked the button to take a pic. I held the pic side by side with the game to make sure it was a fair representation. I have all frosted warm white comet smd bulbs in the game.

955B2D15-8BF1-4B00-A151-5BF049880C56 (resized).jpeg955B2D15-8BF1-4B00-A151-5BF049880C56 (resized).jpeg99C9AB56-586D-41B1-88AB-B1D37FFB93BF (resized).jpeg99C9AB56-586D-41B1-88AB-B1D37FFB93BF (resized).jpeg
#5244 4 years ago

Basement lights on. Same picture taking process.

A737E9D4-E115-4907-8BA0-2AD09B06A4A7 (resized).jpegA737E9D4-E115-4907-8BA0-2AD09B06A4A7 (resized).jpeg327C50D7-0A0E-4E73-B70C-B1EE50D4BEEB (resized).jpeg327C50D7-0A0E-4E73-B70C-B1EE50D4BEEB (resized).jpeg
#5245 4 years ago

These aren’t for everyone. They aren’t for me in most cases. But like any other mod you probably should see it before you buy it.

#5246 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

These aren’t for everyone. They aren’t for me in most cases. But like any other mod you probably should see it before you buy it.

Can you take the same photo with 2 spotlights added to slings?

If just a little more light is your goal then you can do it for ~5% of the cost, with less effort, and better overall effect (bonus of no zebra stripes, no worry of parts falling into game while playing, and the ability to not detract from a future game sale by turning off potential buyers)

#5247 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Great talk with Kaneda!

Thanks man and I didn’t even know the episode was up yet. He’s a customer and asked me to come on the show to talk about things and I obliged. I’ll have to check it out today myself

#5248 4 years ago

I think it's a nice product and needed on a few machines certainly not all as he suggests.
but he's a good salesman he's not confrontational, No matter the criticism. he's trying to move units and at 400+ each he need to show some dramatic perceived value for the product.He would make a great car salesman. lol If they ever make it to about half that price I would consider them. till then there's always plan B
B
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poor-mans-stadium-lighting

#5249 4 years ago

Yes the upper end Fusions are $399 (these come with the WiFi controllable flasher system Orion’s Belt) and then a much more budget friendly version at $279.

I remember the good ole days of my prototype versions with over the counter off the shelf LEDs and relays (non solid state).

I had to make remake and re-engineer everything from the ground up to make these perform well and to hold up in these several thousand dollar collector machines to exceed the life expectancy of the machine.

Wow what a great journey and learning experience this has been from a manufacturer’s and designer’s perspective.

#5250 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can you take the same photo with 2 spotlights added to slings?
If just a little more light is your goal then you can do it for ~5% of the cost, with less effort, and better overall effect (bonus of no zebra stripes, no worry of parts falling into game while playing, and the ability to not detract from a future game sale by turning off potential buyers)

Except for people like me who hate the look of spotlights especially if you have to tape the LEDs in to keep them from popping out, unless of course you want to risk the part (LED) falling into the game. They can also be easily removed and moved to another game in minutes. I've had a set on WOZ for a couple years and a set on PM for about a year (HUGE difference in both of those games), put a set on my STTNG for two shows now and have never, ever had them fall off even when transporting the games. Shit happens, things in pinball machines break and you don't like the product - we get it.

Edit: to be clear I also have games like MM, Xenon, SM and CV I keep with just incandescent bulbs. I don't believe every game needs them and yes, they are expensive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

There are 8,223 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/105?hl=hollywoodbone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.