(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,198 posts
  • 694 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
lousville_pinball_show_arcade (resized).png
pinball_lighting_mods-pinball (resized).png
jerseyjack_pinball_mods_gunsnroses (resized).png
gnr_pinball_mods_3 (resized).png
IMG_5279 (resized).PNG
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-munsters-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-the-simpsons-party-pinball-mods (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_jurassic_park_-pinball-mods (resized).png

There are 8,198 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 164.
#5151 4 years ago

I look at this objectively. It is clearly not everyone's cup of tea. I personally like it better when the playfield is a bit darker. The flasher effects and the blinking inserts stand out a lot better if the playfield is not over illuminated.

I mean who wants to watch fireworks in the day. There is a reason why they are fired up at the evening or at night when it's dark.

But what bothers me most is the weird lightning on the metal ramps this mod does. It reminds me of a christmas tree. Just too much bling. But to each their own.

#5152 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

There must be a better solution than that. If we still want some information about the product... but don’t want to be reading multiple posts often about the same thing, but drawn out like it was some type of Captain Kirk dialogue... what should we do? I’m just trying to offer respectful, constructive criticism to Scott.

have you met the dude in real life? I dont think it is a schtick. this is whom he is.

Personally, I think many will opt to just drain after this latest bout of behavior.

Many have also woken up to his mods falling the category of "worthless upon resale of a game" which often impacts mod buy decisions.

I know with a colorDMD that I will get most of the money out when selling a game with one or could easily utilize in another game with zero hassle.
With these, you are recouping maybe 10% of the cost and also turning off probably 50% of your potential game buyers that dont want them.

#5153 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

There must be a better solution than that.

Drain it. Then if you want updates go into your list of drained treads and my guess it will be at the top.

#5154 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Drain it. Then if you want updates go into your list of drained treads and my guess it will be at the top.

That is funny!

#5155 4 years ago

Have the before photos been photoshoped to look darker. I have a Willy Wonka , Black Knight , and many more of the games and not one are as dark as your before photos.. Strange.

#5156 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Have the before photos been photoshoped to look darker. I have a Willy Wonka , Black Knight , and many more of the games and not one are as dark as your before photos.. Strange.

Take a photo of them on with the game room lights completely off.

#5157 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

appears to be camera settings/exposure.

I have never seen ANY game as dark as they are shown in his photos.

#5158 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hmmm... I guess the consensus is to drain it. I respect you Erik, and you know it. But I was hoping for some moderation in the spam/bumping rather than the nuclear option. Oh well.

#5159 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Hmmm... I guess the consensus is to drain it. I respect you Erik, and you know it. But I was hoping for some moderation in the spam/bumping rather than the nuclear option. Oh well.

It is what it is man. I currently have over 300 topics in my drain list. So I’m super sensitive to things being over bumped.

#5160 4 years ago

For the record, I’m not draining it... I was just pointing out what the consensus was. But I’ve never been one to follow the crowd anyway.

I do have a feeling some of this discussion will have an affect on the thread anyway. But time will tell.

(Wait... is it against Pinside rules to announce that you’re NOT draining a thread? )

#5161 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I am not sure why he has not been moderated to reduce over bumping. This is essentially a FS thread for his products.

If you, I, or any other user over bumps a thread for a game you are selling or ISO (i.e. not replying to conversation but just stretching out a single post over hours of multiple posts), then you will almost certainly get an immediate warning and reminder that policy is one bump per day.

In the past 48 hours he has made 129 posts in this thread, most of those strategically stretched out over hours of time to keep this thread at the top (likely to try and divert from the backlash and public awareness of his abuse of the marketing on the site.

The OP has made more than 50% of the posts in this thread, with over 2600 to date (averaging 3 bumps per day since it was started)

#5162 4 years ago

He posts multiple times per day to boost his sales, you post several times per hour to boost your ego. All fair and nothing to see here.

#5163 4 years ago

I was one of the original Pin Stadium buyers. I was on the original waiting list and put a set in Rob Zombie. Never has a game needed something like this more than RZ. Overall, I think some games could use these, and some don't need them. So, I ordered a couple more sets a while back.

I was originally a defender of Scott and didn't understand why people ragged on him so bad. I chalked it up to being all the old men that still like incandescent bulbs. Just because 75% of LED / Pin Stadium users overdo it and make their games look like shit, doesn't mean the product can't produce great results when used correctly.

All that said, Scott's behavior over the last while has so turned me off, I can't see myself ever buying his products again, and I can no longer try and defend his actions. As much as Whysnow wants to say the product is shit, it isn't. It's a quality product, with shortcomings (ex. candy-striping). That said, the margins are INSANE and the tactic of making everything a $40+ add-on is insulting.

However, the real final straw has been the "marketing" he's doing. Blatant over-linking of his ads, denial that he can do anything about it, and constant spamming of this thread to try and keep it higher in the results than the Pin Stadium pitchfork thread. Scott claimed in this thread (over a month ago) that the over-saturation is a "normal" part of the new ad process, and not anything he can control. BS! I'm done with this product.

For any of the devoted Pin Stadium people reading this, I have 2 unopened, unused sets of Pin Stadiums with UV+Glow that I'll sell. PM if interested.

#5164 4 years ago

Hey Scott, as people have mentioned candy striping, have you tried the frosted epoxy coated strips for diffusion?

#5165 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Hey Scott, as people have mentioned candy striping, have you tried the frosted epoxy coated strips for diffusion?

Yes I have tried those and every diffuser on the market that you can buy. They don’t work because of the application and close tolerances as far as fitting it in a light bar to diffuse the light properly.

So what I am doing is 3-D CAD designing a custom diffuser lens system that will perform the job. One of the biggest challenges is the fact that it’s an RGB and white LED system so merging these light sources together at such a short distance is what takes a lot of engineering.

#5166 4 years ago

Quickly responding to positive posts with long answers and ignoring the negative posts looks completely tone-deaf.

(edit: grammar)

#5167 4 years ago

I found this kinda ironic. Nothing against the product just the way it’s always brought to the top of the page every day.
B3578DF9-C04E-4C1F-BB44-0A7A3C1BCAF8 (resized).jpegB3578DF9-C04E-4C1F-BB44-0A7A3C1BCAF8 (resized).jpeg

#5168 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

To each his own. But I really like the Candy Striping effect. Especially on Wonka.

#5169 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

He posts multiple times per day to boost his sales, you post several times per hour to boost your ego. All fair and nothing to see here.

Okay I actually LOL'd at that!

#5170 4 years ago
A5EFB2C7-307A-4C8E-BA37-EC3215F192A0 (resized).jpegA5EFB2C7-307A-4C8E-BA37-EC3215F192A0 (resized).jpeg
#5171 4 years ago

Hey it’s all good and I really appreciate the feedback and input from all avenues for sure. I will surely take this into consideration to improve this thread with valuable and worthy content at a balanced level.

All good and love how active this thread is now too. Good conversations back and forth. Free advice is the best advice.

Just like the product I will continually work to improve all the way around. Love it and thanks all!!

#5172 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I found this kinda ironic. Nothing against the product just the way it’s always brought to the top of the page every day.

mods are trolling me for making a joke I think

#5173 4 years ago

Got to hand it to Scott. He always stays positive and doesn’t let it get to him.

#5174 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

To each his own. But I really like the Candy Striping effect. Especially on Wonka.

PBman - I love you but you actually like the candy striping effect? I think it's absolutely terrible. I cringe when I see Iron Maiden and others.

Pinstadiums look great on some games (WOZ, GB, etc) absolutely terrible on others (IMDN, DP) and have no place on some (Alien - completely kills the mood).

Scott knows all this and is the quickest in customer service I've seen in pinball. I welcome his product to the hobby as it's made some of my games even better. I think he knows the guerrilla marketing tactics have to be changed (w/200+ upvotes, wow, you can't miss it) along with not using modded games to hide the candy stripes in is comparison pics (DP chrome katana comes to mind).

For me, I just really hope these "additions" that make his original product operate better (like Hover) don't continue to be priced as high b/c it's really beginning to get crazy but I'll hold off until Blur is released (which is expected to remove candy stripes). If they are priced at 50 each I'm going to flip but I think Scott gets it, he understands people like me don't mind spending a little more for the product but not to get THAT greedy. We'll see.

I think both topics make sense. Users calling out the marketing which needs to change and Scott representing his product which I definitely find value in and appreciate his ultra responsiveness.

#5175 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Speaking of Black Knight Swords of Rage here are some before and after pics![quoted image][quoted image]

Cmon man... i have this machine and its not nearly that dark.

#5176 4 years ago

Is the candy striping included in the base price or is that an add-on?

#5177 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Cmon man... i have this machine and its not nearly that dark.

I stare at this game in a dark bar all the time and it is indeed dark in the middle. I can play it fine, but the contrast of the light shows definitely get to me at times. Precisely why i love to play with extra room lighting or additional lighting on the game whether it be from Pinstadium (always on, no flashers) or another light source.

#5178 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Base price.

#5179 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Good topic and one of the great features purposely designed in the Pin Stadiums is that you can turn off the RGB portion of the lights. This is what can cause this effect on certain machines when there are certain ramps and plastics that cause this. You will then be left with a natural factory looking warm white. It is the second slider bar below the color wheel in the app.

This is what chuckwurt is referring to as it's a great setting. I use it on some machines myself too. Depends on how it looks and if there are plastics in certain areas and on most machines it is not an issue but when it is you have this in your arsenal.

#5180 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Free advice is the best advice.

I'm not sure that is a correct statement.

#5181 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

I’m in the candy striping club. It’s an awesome effect that Scott accidentally invented.

#5182 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Good point to bring up as that is a common misconception which makes for a great opportunity to discuss this.
One thing that is very important to remember is that insert lights do not illuminate a playfield. .

How aboot this classic?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/29#post-4217107
bwa (resized).jpegbwa (resized).jpeg

#5183 4 years ago

Just install them facing the player not the playfield .

Problem solved no candy striping.

5691703D-1BE5-454F-BD9A-43F858FD9911 (resized).png5691703D-1BE5-454F-BD9A-43F858FD9911 (resized).png
#5184 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I’m in the candy striping club. It’s an awesome effect that Scott accidentally invented.

Yes you were an early adopter too. Your support for the product is always appreciated.

#5185 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not sure why he has not been moderated to reduce over bumping. This is essentially a FS thread for his products.

Scott is the best at being responsive to his customers. Someone asks for the best place to connect a flasher? Scott posts the information. Someone asks where to position the six new hover standoffs (3 per side) in a particular game (mounting locations will differ from title to title)? Scott posts several pics with arrows pointing out suggested locations. Someone asks him when their order of hovers will ship? Scott responds with the current product status.

Yes, it amounts to a lot of posts. And the nature of the posts result in half the posts being made by Scott.
It is the Pinstadium thread after all. But it is just one thread and nobody has to look at it if they don't want to.

#5186 4 years ago

It is weird how the thread (that got 200+ upvotes) discussing Pin Stadium's questionable market abuse got closed, but the one where the Pin Stadium guy advertises his products and bumps his thread on average 3 times a day stays open. . . #moneytalks

#5187 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

It is weird how the thread (that got 200+ upvotes) discussing Pin Stadium's questionable market abuse got closed, but the one where the Pin Stadium guy advertises his products and bumps his thread on average 3 times a day stays open. . . #moneytalks

The OP of the other thread asked them to close it, thankfully.

#5188 4 years ago

Delt31. Love you bro. Yes love the shimmer. Only had PS on following games. Clearly not every pin needs them. These I felt definitely did.

DP - Shimmer looked great
Munsters - Goddam was that game dark. No shimmer brushed ramps
Monster Bash Remake - I think they forgot to put lights in that Playfield. Shimmer great
Wonka - It plays very well into the theme

I play room lights off.

#5189 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The OP of the other thread asked them to close it, thankfully.

Thankfully? I'd rather see that thread then this spamfest continue.

#5190 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I see this thread as more of a support thread. A few people moan about this thread as spam, an easy solution is to drain it. Super easy, takes you a few seconds. Problem solved. Right?

#5191 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Use the drain feature Luke. (To be read in Alec Guinness's voice)

Seriously why bitch about something you can so easily avoid???

#5192 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I agree, there was a lot of enLIGHTening discussion about how Pin Stadium spams marketplaces, gouges on prices, are unnecessary, products dont make sense, and how the owner, who has numerous aliases, may have had various lawsuits brought against him for a prior business.

But to the other guy, you're right, maybe this thread is better for all that too.

#5193 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

Why are the factory spot lights off in the before pic?

Quoted from TheLaw:

So that's what a pinball machine with zero - 3 insert lamps looks like.

Quoted from pinstadium:

One thing that is very important to remember is that insert lights do not illuminate a playfield.

I do not have any skin in this game, as I have never bought one of your products, but have seen them around. I personally do not like the reflection from the light strip (candy stripe) that you get on the sides of the game or on the playfield with PinStadium kits.

That being said, I do like accuracy. And I would want an accurate depiction of a game for comparing your product.

Below is the MET picture (1st pic) which you had posted and people commented on, and below that (2nd), a picture of my Metallica with only the playfield GI on in my darkened game room, with no inserts lit.

It does not even compare to the picture you posted. The center of mine is much brighter. It actually looks like some of the GI is out on your game, or the spots are missing bulbs.

CA594EB7-F3FE-4E52-B1E4-DAA494A94C3F (resized).jpegCA594EB7-F3FE-4E52-B1E4-DAA494A94C3F (resized).jpeg379ABFA3-735F-43C0-906E-7D3AB5F9834B (resized).jpeg379ABFA3-735F-43C0-906E-7D3AB5F9834B (resized).jpeg
#5194 4 years ago

Pics are bs. Draining the thread!!

#5195 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I do not have any skin in this game, as I have never bought one of your products, but have seen them around. I personally do not like the reflection from the light strip (candy stripe) that you get on the sides of the game or on the playfield with PinStadium kits.
That being said, I do like accuracy. And I would want an accurate depiction of a game for comparing your product.
Below is the MET picture (1st pic) which you had posted and people commented on, and below that (2nd), a picture of my Metallica with only the playfield GI on in my darkened game room, with no inserts lit.
It does not even compare to the picture you posted. The center of mine is much brighter. It actually looks like some of the GI is out on your game, or the spots are missing bulbs.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yours is a pro ... has more white GI maybe .. tell you what gonna do do this now on iPhone standard settings .

#5196 4 years ago
8D2EB3D3-3044-4443-98D5-42F7BC9569EE (resized).jpeg8D2EB3D3-3044-4443-98D5-42F7BC9569EE (resized).jpegDE60E5AB-DCB6-4278-B2CC-E6A82F2D0E24 (resized).jpegDE60E5AB-DCB6-4278-B2CC-E6A82F2D0E24 (resized).jpeg
#5197 4 years ago

There you go .. I will say off all my machines Metallica needs it the least .

#5198 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

There you go .. I will say off all my machines Metallica needs it the least .

Metallica definitely is brighter than most of the machines but for sure benefits tremendously. Definitely a popular machine for the Pin Stadiums. Love the pics and it looks great @mandelbloom

The key is the even and elevated illumination it provides for sure. Then add the UV+Glow to the Sparky show and you are set!

#5199 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

tell you what gonna do do this now on iPhone standard settings .

Yours is still brighter than what was posted. Like I said, I am not here to slander a business or product, or to serial downvote anybody. I would just like an accurate depiction of the games when they are being compared.

Anybody that has stared at or played a new game in this hobby knows (or should) that they are not as dark as some pics of the newer Stern titles being posted.

Someone earlier mentioned RZ. Now that is a dark goddamn game out of the factory box. So was AMH.

#5200 4 years ago

I will admit makes a bigger improvement in person . I do look forward to the blur as the one thing I don’t love is the reflections.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball
Protection
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 22.50
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
There are 8,198 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/104 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.