(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,218 posts
  • 695 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-game-of-thrones-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-chicago-gaming-attack-from-mars-pinball-mods (resized).png
IMG_5737 (resized).PNG
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
There are 8,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 165.
#5101 4 years ago

This crew interviewed Elwin right in front of his awesome Jurassic Park machine.

3FCC9E00-776F-4D13-A575-37B79DBA10D9 (resized).jpeg3FCC9E00-776F-4D13-A575-37B79DBA10D9 (resized).jpeg
#5103 4 years ago

Ground control headquarters.

1FD7BAFB-5780-4B7F-AA7D-74F1F7C99A2A (resized).jpeg1FD7BAFB-5780-4B7F-AA7D-74F1F7C99A2A (resized).jpeg
#5104 4 years ago

It feels like this thread and the other pin stadium thread are competing to stay at the top of pinside by making back to back posts after each other.

#5105 4 years ago

Boycott pinstadium. Save the children.

#5106 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

It feels like this thread and the other pin stadium thread are competing to stay at the top of pinside by making back to back posts after each other.

pretty obvious why he is spam posting his advert thread now...
and refusing to address (or actually do something like apologize and change it) his spam advertising in the other thread...

#5107 4 years ago

Is this a thread that only the vendor has majority of the posts ....kind of ridiculous

#5108 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Is this a thread that only the vendor has majority of the posts ....kind of ridiculous

Not ridiculous. What’s wrong with a vendor interacting with his customer base? (Especially when the thread is appropriately named and Pinstadium/Scott is the “op”?).

#5109 4 years ago

There’s a drain button at the top right of the thread. You’ll never see it again.

#5110 4 years ago

I have updated the Fusion installation section also so when you get to the end of the first part of the install (Pin Stadium portion) that before going on to the next step be sure to set up your Pin Stadium GI module which is the smaller of the two heat shrunk PCB boards.  This will help to avoid confusion later when connecting to the Wifi connections "LEDNet****". It will now direct you to this link: https://pinstadium.com/app-faqs/ and go to Step 1.

The reason for this is that you will see two "LEDNet****" Wifi networks and can cause some confusion as to which one is the Pin Stadium and the Orion's Belt Flasher portion of the Fusions. Before going on to the next step be sure to set up your Pin Stadium GI module which is the smaller of the two heat shrunk PCB boards.  This will help to avoid confusion later when connecting to the Wifi connections "LEDNet****". The updated Fusion install link is here: https://pinstadium.com/installation-instructions-4-2/

This will make things even easier for everyone. If you skip that step of doing the Pin Stadiums first then you will simply just need to power on and off both connected devices to see which one is which. It's not a big deal but definitely an unnecessary step if you follow the new advice. I hope his helps!!
led_pinball_lights_spotlights (resized).pngled_pinball_lights_spotlights (resized).png

#5111 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

It’s the angle of the pic and a reflection in the camera.

What angle do you have to be at where you can't see it?

#5112 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What angle do you have to be at where you can't see it?

The players position does not show that reflection like that. This was just a side view wide angle shot to demonstrate the Hovers in the raised position.

#5113 4 years ago

Here is a Before & After from the player perspective so you can see what you can expect.

50A265D3-03F0-4E48-B835-4784D99831AC (resized).jpeg50A265D3-03F0-4E48-B835-4784D99831AC (resized).jpegEA3B81C1-9316-4BD4-B443-6355DEE350C2 (resized).jpegEA3B81C1-9316-4BD4-B443-6355DEE350C2 (resized).jpeg
#5114 4 years ago

Here is video of the Pin Stadiums with the UV+Glow flasher (triggered by Sparky) in action on Metallica. You can adjust the brightness and colors to any level you like with the app. You can make it as bright or as dim as you would like from the 0-100% slider just under the color wheel:

#5116 4 years ago

The included app makes it easily adjustable for whatever level of illumination you prefer to add to the game.
Some people just like it really bright.

#5117 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The included app makes it easily adjustable for whatever level of illumination you prefer to add to the game.
Some people just like it really bright.

Yep that's the beauty behind them and you can go from a crazy insane blinding light show to a mellow evenly lit factory look, or somewhere in between. Tons of versatility and you can change it on the fly, even have presets for different player's preferences.

#5118 4 years ago

[self censor]

#5119 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

How about you go into EACH one of your ads and remove the games you aren't compatible with?

Can't you see? He's been too busy posting videos and pictures here.

#5120 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Can't you see? He's been too busy posting videos and pictures here.

I know so busy keeping this thread at the top of the pile that he's got no time to scrub the links to his games.

#5121 4 years ago

Inside the app you will have this type of interface that allows complete control of the colored lights and white lights which are independently adjustable. It all connects through Wifi and you don't even need an internet connection to control them since they generate their own hotspot.

pinstadium_interfact_pinball_lights (resized).pngpinstadium_interfact_pinball_lights (resized).png
#5122 4 years ago

bump

#5123 4 years ago

Now that Wonka is shipping there are a lot of collectors. I have and several asking for some Before and Afters. Check them out!

AE0DDE63-B65B-4006-B27B-21C65DD6C090 (resized).jpegAE0DDE63-B65B-4006-B27B-21C65DD6C090 (resized).jpeg9ABFFBCC-D25F-4340-B4F7-118CF0CDD169 (resized).jpeg9ABFFBCC-D25F-4340-B4F7-118CF0CDD169 (resized).jpeg
#5124 4 years ago

Is there a link for install instructions on the Hovers you sent out? I’m installing on TWDLE.

#5126 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Here is a Before & After from the player perspective so you can see what you can expect.[quoted image][quoted image]

Why are the factory spot lights off in the before pic?

IMG_9254 (resized).PNGIMG_9254 (resized).PNG
#5127 4 years ago

Great! Thank you PinRob!

#5128 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

Why are the factory spot lights off in the before pic?[quoted image]

Because he actively edits and works to try and show a difference in light when the reality is few modern games need any additional light and a spot light does the trick

#5129 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

Why are the factory spot lights off in the before pic?[quoted image]

They are on just the one of the left is loose in the pic and shifted to the side.

#5130 4 years ago

Here is a current pic of them straightened and they are definitely on. Not much of a difference other than the trough lighting has been blocked off since as it was causing reflections on the DMD. I hope this helps.
252054F6-AB6D-40D3-9D59-05E66C3C8018 (resized).jpeg252054F6-AB6D-40D3-9D59-05E66C3C8018 (resized).jpeg

#5131 4 years ago

This is likely a better angle to demonstrate that they are in and what the playfield looks like. Thanks for the input and this is a perfect example for anyone that may have thought the same thing. This game also has the factory apron lights on it which is like the Black Knight. Take a look!

E62DA708-9321-4DA4-A9B7-B8082080F8D0 (resized).jpegE62DA708-9321-4DA4-A9B7-B8082080F8D0 (resized).jpeg
#5132 4 years ago

So that's what a pinball machine with zero - 3 insert lamps looks like.

#5133 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

They are on just the one of the left is loose in the pic and shifted to the side.

That never happens, you must have purposely made them pop loose and moved it to the side.

#5134 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

BLINDING!!!!!!

I put my uv glow flasher on the cannon flasher on my t2. So blinding that it actually makes it difficult to hit the tatget (because you can't look directly at the playfield).

#5135 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So that's what a pinball machine with zero - 3 insert lamps looks like.

Good point to bring up as that is a common misconception which makes for a great opportunity to discuss this.

One thing that is very important to remember is that insert lights do not illuminate a playfield. This is what the GI lights are there for and what makes them a GI (General Illumination) is they must be raised above the playfield in order to light it up. In many cases they are the exact same bulb with the same base or a slightly altered one. The difference is elevation.

Insert lights are under the playfield and upgrading those to brighter LEDs or turning them up (if your machine allows it) will actually make the contrast of dark to light even worse for visibility and ball tracking.

I used to think the same way too and then I decided there must be something more to this than just thinking brighter inlays meant better playfield visibility. Inlays and insert both start with "in" so it hit me that its below the playfield and I was fooling myself.

This means the the GI needs to be upgraded also to balance it out and is exactly why the Pin Stadiums do so well for this scenario. That was the driving force behind creation in fact.

#5136 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I put my uv glow flasher on the cannon flasher on my t2. So blinding that it actually makes it difficult to hit the tatget (because you can't look directly at the playfield).

I agree that’s a bad location for the UV+Glow on that machine. I would move it somewhere else as that flasher you connected to has a very power pulse.

#5137 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I will help you to find a much better alternative. The good news is that you have 11 options on that machine to trigger from for flashers. Take a look at this as I highlighted the section for your available flashers #17-28.
528B02D4-2D22-46D0-A1A1-1B3A879A14D7 (resized).jpeg528B02D4-2D22-46D0-A1A1-1B3A879A14D7 (resized).jpeg

#5138 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

One thing that is very important to remember is that insert lights do not illuminate a playfield.

So if I remove all my GI bulbs, and turn on my game in attract mode, even with all the inserts flashing, I won’t be able to see the PF at all... since they don’t provide any light to a playfield?

#5139 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Because he actively edits and works to try and show a difference in light when the reality is few modern games need any additional light and a spot light does the trick

I don't know man. Just was at a bar last week and played Black Knight sor for the first time. For all the damn rgb lights in that thing there doesn't seem to be much gi. It was in a dark room and at times was almost unplayable because the game got so dark (and not in a "part of the game" a la jd blackout mode kind of way). Didn't realize how spoiled by my pinstadiums I have become. They are the perfect cure for the dark spots in my jm, jd and dm that spotlights never came close to fixing. Just saying. They have their purpose. In my opinion people who accuse scott of exaggerating its value seem to be grossly downplaying their value in an equally exaggerated way.

#5140 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I will help you to find a much better alternative. The good news is that you have 11 options on that machine to trigger from for flashers. Take a look at this as I highlighted the section for you flashers 17-28.[quoted image]

thanks for the advice. I will probably move it to the skull upkicker next time I put it through the shop. However I was trying to say that on that machine I intentionally put it in the most annoying place as to mess with my un-expecting friends that walk up to that machine talking snack about how easy it is. They're is nothing funnier than when that thing fires up on a cocky pinhead for the first time.

#5141 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

So if I remove all my GI bulbs, and turn on my game in attract mode, even with all the inserts flashing, I won’t be able to see the PF at all... since they don’t provide any light to a playfield?

You will be dependent on whatever lighting you have coming from the ambient light in the room and sometimes the backglass lighting can help. But the backglass also creates massive glare on the glass and the playfield (search this thread for “glare” to see posts discussing this topic of bi-level glare as it goes really in depth on this subject). Then combine that with no GI and glare will be the only thing lighting up your machine and your worst enemy in this scenario.

The best way to see what I am saying is to pull the GI fuses out (because each bulb would be a pain) and turn all the lights off in the room. Then this will demonstrate insert lighting does not provide lighting to the playfield.

I had to do this just to prove to this to myself also during development of what would later be Pin Stadiums. I know where you are coming from believe me.

The good news is that this will change your world and how you see pinball illumination if you do this. Also it will save you a lot of money on insert lighting if your intention is to illuminate the playfield with it.

#5142 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

You will be dependent on whatever lighting you have coming from the ambient light in the room and sometimes the backglass lighting can help. But the backglass also creates massive glare on the glass and the playfield (search this thread for “glare” to see posts discussing this topic of bi-level glare as it goes really in depth on this subject). Then combine that with no GI and glare will be the only thing lighting up your machine and your worst enemy in this scenario.
The best way to see what I am saying is to pull the GI fuses out (because each bulb would be a pain) and turn all the lights off in the room. Then this will demonstrate insert lighting does not provide lighting to the playfield.
I had to do this just to prove to this to myself also during development of what would later be Pin Stadiums. I know where you are coming from believe me.
The good news is that this will change your world and how you see pinball illumination if you do this. Also it will save you a lot of money on insert lighting if your intention is to illuminate the playfield with it.

Here is the bi-level glare posts that will really explain this in depth: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/86#post-4964196

pinball_playfield_glare (resized).pngpinball_playfield_glare (resized).png
#5143 4 years ago

And the "After" but read the link and it will explain it in detail.

pinball_playfield_glare_after (resized).pngpinball_playfield_glare_after (resized).png
#5144 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

thanks for the advice. I will probably move it to the skull upkicker next time I put it through the shop. However I was trying to say that on that machine I intentionally put it in the most annoying place as to mess with my un-expecting friends that walk up to that machine talking snack about how easy it is. They're is nothing funnier than when that thing fires up on a cocky pinhead for the first time.

Sure thing and glad to help. I am guessing you are currently on flasher #21 Gun Flashlamps on your T2. I think your idea to move it to the new location will be much better.

Hey you've got tons of options and what helps a lot to see the available flashers is to go to Settings/Test/Lamps/Flashers and cycle through them. Be sure to pull the white high voltage disable switch out so that they will flash for you. That makes finding them much easier.

#5145 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Oh that’s funny I didn’t get that until now. Well it made for a good discussion.

Regarding flasher brightness control:

The flashers are driven by the pinball machine and the brightness is determined by how the machine pulses them.

The general rule is that if the pulse is short and fast then the characteristic behavior of the LED is to load fast and then fade quickly thus resulting in a bright flash. In the scenario that the pulse is slow then the effect is more of a softer glow. Different machines pulse differently and inside of those machines each flasher is controlled uniquely too.

#5146 4 years ago

Speaking of Black Knight Swords of Rage here are some before and after pics!

307B3E0C-A3C0-4415-A874-90E9F1861B64 (resized).jpeg307B3E0C-A3C0-4415-A874-90E9F1861B64 (resized).jpeg45AC8AB1-5B2F-4908-A1D2-7B7E19B2AF1C (resized).jpeg45AC8AB1-5B2F-4908-A1D2-7B7E19B2AF1C (resized).jpeg
#5147 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Not ridiculous. What’s wrong with a vendor interacting with his customer base? (Especially when the thread is appropriately named and Pinstadium/Scott is the “op”?).

There’s really nothing wrong with trying to communicate... and from what i can tell, Scott’s customer service is top notch. I don’t have any pinstadiums, but like to stay in touch with the thread to see what innovations/improvements are being made. I don’t want to drain the thread because the topic has a non-zero interest value to me, and I haven’t ruled out the product in the future.

But Dude... Scott... you know you are spamming and overbumping the thread for marketing purposes and that is just plain wrong.

I mean... come on man. I’ve read the last 10 pages or more and on several occasions you’ve taken 40 minutes to post 4 different photos in four different posts of mounting positions for your product for a specific game. Strategically taking 8-10 minutes between posts. That’s just bullshit. Put it in one post so we can log on, read it and move on. This isn’t a murder mystery novel that we need to be on the edge of our chairs for. You’re a master of marketing.... don’t claim innocence here.

And really? On multiple occasions you’ve posted something along the lines of “take a look at this beautiful photo of my product in this game setup”... then... wait for it... no really, wait for it... 10 minutes later you post the damn photo. Accidental? I was born on a day, but not yesterday.

Well, here’s another bump for your thread... but if you listen to any feedback... please respect your potential customer base and try to communicate more efficiently and respectfully in the forum so we can more easily follow.

#5148 4 years ago

His thread bumping has gotten out of hand. Something does need to be done to control this nonsense.

#5149 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

His thread bumping has gotten out of hand. Something does need to be done to control this nonsense.

He only bumps his own thread, drain that if you don't want to see it.

#5150 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

He only bumps his own thread, drain that if you don't want to see it.

There must be a better solution than that. If we still want some information about the product... but don’t want to be reading multiple posts often about the same thing, but drawn out like it was some type of Captain Kirk dialogue... what should we do? I’m just trying to offer respectful, constructive criticism to Scott.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

2,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, OH
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 8,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/103?hl=majicman110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.