8%
  • Iron Man 1 vote
    2%

(50 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7227 (resized).JPG

#1 5 years ago

Recently picked up a few machines. My wife has limited our space to three pins. She loves NBAFB and TOM so they're likely staying for awhile. That leaves GOT as the likely machine leaving. I love the theme and sound but she dislikes GOT and my family struggles to make any progress in the modes.

We're debating on what to pick up next. We considered going back to something we've loved and owned before: IMv, MMr, or AFMr. I enjoyed and miss all three.

However, we're also seriously considering a Hobbit, Dialed In (have played both) or trying something brand new we haven't played like a Houdini or GOTG (really enjoy Metallica but my wife disliked the electric chair, GOTG appears to be similar) or holding the GOT for awhile and waiting to try out the new POTC.

Hoping to get some pros and cons / suggestions for all of the above or a recommendation on something I haven't considered.

#2 5 years ago

MMr and AFMr would be my recommendation, especially since you miss them. A game that isn’t listed but is fun and worth considering is BM66.

#3 5 years ago

Ditch ToM and get a Houdini. Same magic theme, better magic, more challenge. That change would give you a better lineup than ditching the Game of Thrones.

Are you playing GoT in advanced mode where you choose a house to play or casual mode?

#4 5 years ago

I had a chance to play BM66 at an arcade in Colorado Springs and found it surprisingly enjoyable. I had stuck it and TDK on my wishlist after that but I've never seen anything local.

I'll have to convince my wife on the TOM. She's emotionally attached.

Definitely playing GOT in advanced mode. Still trying to dial it in correctly - I keep having trouble making the left ramp from the left flipper. The flipper just doesn't have the power to consistently get the ball up the ramp. Currently right at 6.5 degrees.

Looks like Dialed In has a lot of support. Played one in South Dakota last summer on our way to Mt Rushmore and really enjoyed it.

Keep the suggestions coming!

#5 5 years ago

Family wise - a Dialed In would be a pretty good bet for everybody liking the game. All your choices and more would be good. There are so many choices out there. Good luck and have fun with your next game.

#6 5 years ago

Batman 66 is one to consider too. I wish they were cheaper.... I'd probably get one of those if they were less money.

#8 5 years ago

Looks like Dialed In is a clear favoritr with a lot of fans.

Any other pins I should be considering? Love the thoughts.

#9 5 years ago

I recommend checking out Total Nuclear Annihilation (TNA). It's going to be my first nib game, and I'm really pumped to get it. It's kind of a throw-back to early 80's solid state pins, with all the newer technological advances to bring it into the 21st century. The designer of the game is actively adding new features and code updates, and actually composed the soundtrack for it. I'm admittedly a big fan of the game, so my opinion is obviously a bit biased.

Happy hunting, and good luck whatever you decide to go with!

#10 5 years ago

The Mrs. and I both really liked Dialed In at the Ohio Pinball Show -- waited in line several times just to play again.
She has her cell phone in hand at all times so I think there was some kind of connection there. . .

IMG_7227 (resized).JPGIMG_7227 (resized).JPG

#12 5 years ago

I like Houdini and Dialed In. There are a couple on your list I haven't played yet so I can't comment on POTC or GOTG. Altough MMr and AFMr are both great games, they just feel old to me. You already know about DI so I'll tell you what I love about Houdini - best magic theme integration, great toys and mechs, very deep rules that really tie into the the magic theme... you are really working through steps of the illusions, not just shooting blinking lights. The sounds and music are nearly as good as TNA.

I know a lot of people don't like the Hobbit but I do. If it works for your family, I'd consider that one.

I would also throw TNA into the mix. It is a blast and really very different than anything out on the marketing NIB.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Roseville, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-recommendations and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.