By the96stang

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

417789_2805026197802_1023033421_328107.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shane300zx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 12 years ago

[email protected] Get ahold of him. He is THE atari guy besides johns jukes <really expensive>. Cesar repaired my superman and had it back to me in a week. In-fact he had mine repaired the same day he got it. Very reasonable Johns jukes wanted a pretty high rate if it can be repaired and i got a standard flat rate with Cesar. I can not stress enough how good he is.
There are not many that will work on atari pins and parts for them are really scarce. I had a couple of coils out on mine and i can confirm the bally/Williams subs do work on the atari pins.

The problem if i remember right with the younger atari pins were the main boards were mounted in the lower box. There were some metal coil sleeves in them that would produce shavings and short the main board out. Give it a really good cleaning on the main board with air/keyboard duster and re seat all the connectors. I dont have any experience with your machine but heres what i can offer you. [email protected] or his website http://nuatari.com/

1 week later
#8 12 years ago

Awesome! glad it worked. Now check all the coil sleeves and make sure they do not have any aluminum or brass sleeves. I got my superman at a good price and put some work into it an am happy with it. Be extremely careful messing around the ribbon cable going to the score display. It carrys 90 volts and will give you a nice little tickle. Devise a way to keep from getting crap on the main board./

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from JWS64:

What's amazing is this thread. I remember this pin from back in the day, never played it but had seen it a few times in an arcade I would go to. I've never seen one again, until this thread.

I thought I saw a picture of it recently, but it was what's suppose to be the largest pinball machine ever made, the one with the large white ball that looks like a cue ball and the big
black flippers.

I think I've seen the middle earth pin in some movies from the 80's, but I can't remember
which one it was. The backglass art is something I remembered, I think the atari logo is
somewhere on the backglass.

Nice find, good work in getting it up and running.

The game you are talking about is a Hercules. It was ataris last pin and i think to this date is the largest pin. It shares the same mpu as my superman and a few other things but that is it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shane300zx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-new-problem-new-project?tu=Shane300zx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.