Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0424.jpg
IMG_0423.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdoz2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I picked this game up last night. Im sooo lucky I brought a tarp with me because about half way there it started pouring.

The GI on the game comes up and some speech plays. Here is a terrible video of what it does: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jdoz2/9301391366/

It just says the same thing over and over. None of the insert lights or displays are working either. I plan on reseating the chips and connectors later tonight and check fuses later tonight, but does anyone else have a suggestion?

I've never had a gotlieb so this should be a nice learning experience. The game did come with the schematics and the This Old pinball system 80 dvds.

IMG_0423.jpgIMG_0423.jpg IMG_0424.jpgIMG_0424.jpg IMG_0425.jpgIMG_0425.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Will do. Im hoping those dvds help a lot too. And thanks for the fast reply on your ask Lloyd section.

When I bought this, I figured I would have to spend the 400 for the all in one board. It doesnt seem like I need to, but I figured this would take quite a bit to get going.

#5 10 years ago

Yeah, Ill do that for sure. If i drop money on a board, the connectors would still be crap so it would be in vain possibly. Plus Im super cheap and I would rather throw my time at it than money.

Im thinking check fuses and voltages, then connectors and see how it does.

Thanks for your all you help!

#9 10 years ago

Thanks for all the advice. I have to get my FT finished up in the next week or so and then Ill be able to dive into this one. Im sure Ill have the urge to fiddle with it before then though.

#15 10 years ago

Thanks for all the help. Im a little more confident about this now. Ill be sure to keep you all posted.

#16 10 years ago

I took a closer look at the back box and it looks like I've got a mess on my hands. A lot of spliced wires joined by tape. It does look like the ground mods were added. The batteries were removed but not before some damage was done. A trace was lifted also.

Hopefully these photos don't break the Internet because I'm uploading them from my phone.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#18 10 years ago

Thanks! Ill check those pins and give them a reflow either way.

That red jumper goes to absolutely nothing, so Im really curious to see what that was going to. Ill have to bust out the schematics.

It does look like there isnt any power getting to the MPU, so I have a feeling you are right. When I powered up without the mpu connected, there wasnt any sound. Im assuming some sort of power is going through the mpu to the sound board? Im probably showing how little I know with that last statement haha.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Put the board in your Fish Tales and see what happens

Already did. I created an adapter out of paperclips and tinfoil.

#24 10 years ago

I finally broke out the multimeter and checked those test points. All of them are good except for the 60v. I get absolutly nothing from that test point.

#26 10 years ago

I double checked and I'm still getting nothing from 60 and 46 from the 42 test point. Am I doing something wrong or could something else be wrong?

#28 10 years ago

Got all voltages this time. Idk what I did differently. Thanks

The board is getting 5v so I guess the ps is fine.

#29 10 years ago

Reseated connectors again to see if I could get the displays to light up. The player 4 display had a solid 8 in the first position. Thats it. I couldnt get that to happen again though. I also noticed while swinging the backboard open, that the top header pin cuts the 5v when jostled. Im assuming the solder joint is cracked.

My first reaction to all this is to jump ship, but Im really trying hard to see this game through.

#32 10 years ago

I watched the CPU section of the this old game DVD so were ok now. The panic is gone for now I'm sure the clock and reset section are toast, but im going to follow their steps to see if I can trace back from pin 40 and see how it goes from there.

#34 10 years ago

I think it will. The vid says to use one, but if one is not available, look for 4.5v at pin 40 on the cpu to see if the reset circuit is working. I think that comes in handy when checking out the chips to the left of the cpu

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdoz2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-mars-god-of-war-nonworking?tu=jdoz2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.