image (resized).jpg
FE7CD8AD-434F-45F0-8B3C-C424F88D5832 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
6 Targetdecals Vargas R (resized).JPG
5 Targetdecals Vargas L (resized).JPG
E344D834-35F6-4513-B92F-489B2FB5979B (resized).jpeg
03A07F94-90C2-4D4C-BC69-E82197153ACD (resized).jpeg
616010740 (resized).jpg
There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

Thanks, all!

#52 3 years ago

So, apparently the MPU is not at fault because it does not have the capability to only have one inoperative switch I was told by KS Arcade that it is going to be a playfield or wiring issue! Any ideas on why the dip switches may not be working? For example, I can’t turn on my matching feature?

#53 3 years ago

Good news! I found a broken ground wire that might contribute to the issues. Should I solder it back?

FE7CD8AD-434F-45F0-8B3C-C424F88D5832 (resized).jpegFE7CD8AD-434F-45F0-8B3C-C424F88D5832 (resized).jpeg
#54 3 years ago

I’m actually not sure where this broke off

#55 3 years ago

Follow that wire to it's other end. Might just be a ground wire, Gottlieb games from this generation often require some additional ground connections to keep them reliable.

#56 3 years ago

Well now we have it running perfectly! Except you have to hit the test button on the sound board to fix the sound issue every time you turn it on. Any ideas?!

#57 3 years ago

Could that ground go to the sound board?!

#58 3 years ago

Never mind, I think that was just an extra ground

#59 3 years ago

Looks like hitting the test button on the sound board manually resets the board. The voltage from the MPU to the sound board is the issue?

#60 3 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#62 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah and I don’t think you can get them too long. It would just go down into the cabinet more.

Story of my life.

#63 3 years ago

I have found the sounds issue! Pin 24 of the 24-pin connector is broken! Is this the correct replacement? https://www.docentelectronics.com/httpdocs/AmusementGames/Pinball/Gottlieb/System%20One.htm

#64 3 years ago

That’s a link to system one games.

#65 3 years ago

True! But it is nearly identical haha. I think Marco is out of stock

#66 3 years ago

Ahh, true. I wonder if anyone has the system 80b 24-pin connectors?

#69 3 years ago

Hey so it turns out that the head bolt size is a little too thick. Any other size suggestions? Thanks!

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Hey so it turns out that the head bolt size is a little too thick. Any other size suggestions? Thanks!

Take the current head bolt you have to the hardware store and get something a tad smaller.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Take the current head bolt you have to the hardware store and get something a tad smaller.

That’s true haha they’re pretty cheap so I’ll probably buy a few sizes. Thanks

#72 3 years ago

That’s true haha they’re pretty cheap so I’ll probably buy a few sizes. Thanks

Not home to confirm, but pretty sure they are 3/8 x 16 course threads. This table may help.

3E2A2CC8-79EB-4274-8484-711B1CA6A35C (resized).png3E2A2CC8-79EB-4274-8484-711B1CA6A35C (resized).png
#73 3 years ago
Quoted from rocketman:

Not home to confirm, but pretty sure they are 3/8 x 16 course threads. This table may help. [quoted image]

Thanks! I may go with 5/16ths because the current bolts are just too large

1 week later
#74 3 years ago

It appears the “10” insert light is out. I have discovered that there is indeed continuity from the socket to the driver board in the backbox. The driver board is a new Rottendog board. Any ideas?! Thanks

#75 3 years ago

Bad socket?

#76 3 years ago

It appears the “10” insert light is out. I have discovered that there is indeed continuity from the socket to the driver board in the backbox. The driver board is a new Rottendog board. Any ideas?! Thanks

Bad socket or transistor at the driver board. And yes the rottendog could be bad even though it’s new. Haha.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bad socket or transistor at the driver board. And yes the rottendog could be bad even though it’s new. Haha.

Thanks, man! I’ll have have to test the transistor haha.

#78 3 years ago

HUO Diamond Lady...

diamond (resized).jpgdiamond (resized).jpg
#80 3 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

HUO Diamond Lady...
[quoted image]

That yours?! chuckwurt and I are part of the Diamond Lady movement and we need to recruit, man haha

#81 3 years ago

I am currently its guardian. Long story short... it has been in storage for many years... the owner said shop it out and and enjoy it as long as I want. Can do! Crazy how addicting this game is.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

I am currently its guardian. Long story short... it has been in storage for many years... the owner said shop it out and and enjoy it as long as I want. Can do! Crazy how addicting this game is.

Dude it is! It’s so dang difficult, with a deep ruleset. Many ways to rack up a score! That is awesome!

#83 3 years ago

I wish the multiplier was a playfield multiplier and not just a bonus multiplier. That and the left ramp is pointless. Other than that, I like the game a lot too.

Getting a big jackpot hurry up collect Never gets old.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wish the multiplier was a playfield multiplier and not just a bonus multiplier. That and the left ramp is pointless. Other than that, I like the game a lot too.
Getting a big jackpot hurry up collect Never gets old.

For sure. Don’t you collect that jackpot on the left ramp though? When you light it?

#85 3 years ago

For sure. Don’t you collect that jackpot on the left ramp though? When you light it?

It’s worth maybe 300k. That might as well be zero. Haha

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s worth maybe 300k. That might as well be zero. Haha

Haha true

#87 3 years ago

So I have ruled out that it is a connection issue for the sounds reset. Followed the wire all throughout the board and got nothing. Could it be the Swemmer MPU is not sending the reset?

1 week later
#88 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can get chrome T-Molding for her?!

2 weeks later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-diamond-lady/page/2?hl=pinball-dood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.