9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by -Matt-
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Photo5036.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Hi all in pinside world. My name is Matt and i am an addict. Bought my first pin about 2 weeks ago (F-14) and ive been under her board tinkering and making her run better and smoother every free minute i have. When im not fixing stuff, im constantly playing her. Im already thinking about my next pin to buy. I am a B-1 bomber Crew Chief for my day job, (Active Duty AF for 8yrs now) so the F-14 just fit me perfectly. The technicality and the satisfaction that working on a pin brings me is only comparable to when i work on my race car (I like that i can work on the pin inside in the A/C) Looking forward to learning a lot on here ... heres a pic of me and my pin for you guys...

#2 9 years ago

Forgot pic....

Photo5036.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Welcome. Remember, you can't have only one.
    You should add your pin to "Your Collection" in the "My Pinside" portion of the forum.

#4 9 years ago

last i checked there was a low priced capcom airborne on ebay, congrats on the f-14 though and welcome to the hobby.

#5 9 years ago

Excellent. Welcome to the hobby, I am currently in the market for my first home pin, and just being a member of this pinside community I have been exposed to a wealth of knowledge from its members. Excellent people on here.

#6 9 years ago

Matt,

Welcome to the hobby and the forum!

#7 9 years ago

Welcome aboard Matt, you will enjoy this site, lots of lots of good advice and friendly banter. Your F-14 looks to be in great shape.

#8 9 years ago

welcome matt. f-14 is a great game super fast. its all down hill from one ha ha. enjoy buddy

#9 9 years ago

Welcome fellow addict. You've come to the right place. We're here for support.

#10 9 years ago

Welcome Matt, you must now stand up and quote our motto..."Hi, my name is _____ and I am a pinball addict". It is great isn't it.

and...THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY!!!

#11 9 years ago

"Hi, my name is _MATT__ and I am a pinball addict"

Ive decided what my next pin will be.. im going to be sticking with another Ritchie and go with High Speed.... Let me know if anyone knows of one around central/west texas.

Im having one issue with the flashers on the f-16

See vid:

I know its not the best quality (taken from my phone) but you get the idea

#12 9 years ago

Welcome Matt, congrats on your first pin

#13 9 years ago

Warning!!!! Once you have two they begin to breed.
    Don't believe me?
    I bought one and was fine for 4 years...then I bought another and Whammy...I bought one a month for the next 7 months.
    I just bought another. But I don't want to jinx myself by talking about it before it gets here so. Stay tuned.

You were warned.

Oh, and if your married I hope she likes pinball and if your not....good luck.

#14 9 years ago

Oh, and if your married I hope she likes pinball and if your not....good luck.

We are engaged.... so i have to buy as many as i can before she gets half of my money

#15 9 years ago

We are engaged.... so i have to buy as many as i can before she gets half of my money

Good plan! I bought five games in the first six months of our relationship, so she knew what she was getting into! LOL!! And whattya know....she's still here! A keeper for sure!

Welcome Matt!

#16 9 years ago

Welcome .. can't wait to see your next and next ones.

#17 9 years ago

Flasher issue - could be the drive transistor for that row - I'd have to look at the schematic to see what rows are doing what in the lamp matrix but, I've seen several occasions where if its not the basics like a fuse its the transistor or diode to that row.

#18 9 years ago

Ill look at the schematic for it tonight...

Now im trying to figure out how to sell a kidney for some money to buy some more machines

#19 9 years ago

welcome to pinside,you can't go wrong with Ritchie pins!I have Spiderman,Sttng and black knight.

#20 9 years ago

Welcome,I have a Getaway HS II and of course I like it better than the original Getaway,when this machine is all waxed,new balls etc.,it has some unbelievable and unpredictable ball movement and bounces,like it may contact the glass once in awhile.I had a lighting problem on a PC board that affected bulbs on that board,turns out it was a loose solder joint on a light socket holder,once I found and resoldered that joint,all the lights downstream from there started working,GOOD LUCK

#21 9 years ago

I just like the older school look of the HS over the HS II... i think it will match my F14 nicely

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 110.00
    Boards
    AMCO
    $ 55.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ArcadeArts
    $ 199.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 19.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Led
    3D MODS
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet Parts
    Troxel Repair
    $ 295.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinshakers
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 73.99
    $ 45.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 218.00
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside