DSC02486.JPG
DSC02485.JPG
DSC02484.JPG
DSC02483.JPG
DSC02482.JPG
DSC02481.JPG
DSC02480.JPG
DSC02479.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedefog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Well today i found another neat issue. It appears that the bulbs in my backbox aren't standard. They are supposed to be 555, and mine are all bayonet style (47 etc). also i have some of the large #89's. Nice another thing not correct. I'm so glad i paid what i did...NOT..oh well, live and learn... I also observed that my display lost the score, without it being multiball. I check the bridge rectifiers, i believe they are good...

That is a good thing. 555 sockets suck! As do the flasher bulb equivalents.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

But when you order a "bunch"(term loosely used) of led's based on your game, and they come in different then what you have, it sucks. Not big money or anything, just the principal.

Yeah, missed the LED part. That sucks... I can't think of other games that use them other than Bally games, which you can't use LEDs on anyway without modifying things.

#52 8 years ago

Mine has the mixture as well. Socketed 555s for banks of inserts, 47 on individual inserts, 89's. I've been shopping mine all last week and this week so far, if you want me to share some pictures to help you compare, I'll upload mine.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Always like seeing pictures, lets me also see if something has been hacked. I found today that the rocky coil has been disconnected??? I measured the resistance, same as the other 2. Also found a connector near where the back of the coin box would be with nothing connected. Don't know what that goes to.

Mine was hacked as well. Bad TIP36 and diode on the flipper board, so what did they do? Wired both flippers together. Real nice for ball control. I cringed when the dude explained that to me. Now for those that hit both flippers at once and don't realize you can use them separately, you can just hit 1 button for both. It was an easy fix at least.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Fuse was correct value. which transistor do i need to check?

Test all those Tip36cs on the PPB. Look for little burn holes in them. Set your meter to diode test and just probe all of them and replace any that are shorted. Q4 & Q5 I think deal with the hat trick. I was just working on mine myself, fixing the hat trick section.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Any good suggestions on where to get the varistor?

Yes. PM me your mailing address and I will just mail you one.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

I appreciate the offer, but I went down to the local industrial electronic supply house and got one, I also think I was raped in the backside... They are NTE so I know i'm going to pay a little more. The varistor's were $3.00/ea, which by the time I figure in shipping if ordered online, isn't completely outrageous. But while I was there I decided to get a box of 4A slo-blo fuses to make sure I had the right size. Box of 5...$10.00. OUCH...so for 2 varistors, 5 fuses and tax was $16.96. remind me again why I should support the local bricks and mortar stores... According to the NTE interchange their pn is 2V030. now I just have to put it in and see if I messed anything else up. Any thoughts as to why the Rocky coil would have been disconnected? it OHM'd out the same as the other coils. So I think the coil is fine. I'm just wondering if it was disconnected for some other reason.

This is the only way these electronic stores can stay in business now, so I look at it that way if I pay $7 for a 7400 series logic chip I want right away.

As for fuses, time to get some mini-breakers. I have a 5a and a 3a mini breaker I stole out of junk I wired blown 3ag fuses to. You'd be surprised where you'll find those little reset-able black ones.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

i checked all the transistors (TIP36CS's) on the PPB board. They all measured the same, so i assume they are all good. Is there another transistor that i need to check?

Not that im aware of. U should be good.

#75 8 years ago

I just replaced about 10 fuses clips on my R&B, between the PCP board & PSU.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
$ 18.00
$ 29.50
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

3,900 (OBO)
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedefog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pickup-rocky-and-bullwinkle-with-questions?tu=thedefog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.