(Topic ID: 159269)

New Outrun pin sound file for Judge Dredd?

By JediPimp

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by aeonblack
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm considering getting a Pinsound board in the near future and saw that there is a new pin sound file for Judge Dredd on the pin sound forums called "Outrun.zip".

Has anyone tried this file out, its been active since January of this year. Is it based on audio from the video game? or something else?

For those that have tried it, what do you think of it?

#2 7 years ago

I'd like to know also if anyone has tried it or has a link to preview it

#3 7 years ago

I just installed the out run file this morning. So far, I think it fits the game well. It is more modern and upbeat than the original. It also seems like it was composed specifically for the game compared to the Metallica version (which I also liked). The board itself is great and easy to use. I only bought it because my old dcs board was shot, but I am considering another for my tz because it is nice to be able to switch between soundtracks.

#4 7 years ago

So I've previewed some of the music and it is sounding very, very nice! I like the modern-retro 80's synth music along with some modern sounding beats. Can't wait to try it in my Dredd!

#5 7 years ago

Sounds like I might buy a pin sound board soon

#6 7 years ago

Yep, I put this together, and I would definitely appreciate any feedback any of you can give me. I really wanted to put together a mix that accented the speed and flow of this game, something that would get you pumped to play another ball. I made a brief video of it, but if I get some time I'll put together a video with the glass off showing all of the different music for the modes.

#7 7 years ago

You can try by yourself the mix with visual pinball and pinsound studio

#8 7 years ago

It has definitely given my machine a "1 more game" appeal. Thanks for putting it together!

#9 7 years ago

You can refer to my post here for more information: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone/page/15#post-3145450

But, last night I discovered the reason some of you have been having issues with playback, so here is the updated files. Just delete all the files/folders in the Judge_Dredd_Outrun folder and replace them with these. The reason they are on dropbox and not the pinsound site is that there is a file size limitation on that site (which may have ultimately been the reason for this problem, but who knows).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rgy5r5vilbu1gu/Judge_Dredd_Outrun_V2.zip?dl=0

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-outrun-pin-sound-file-for-judge-dredd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.