Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FC28703B-DC7A-4680-8EA6-469F3B294E24 (resized).jpeg
AEFDF3F9-82B0-4436-97CA-548A78CB104D (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

Just set up my GZ Prem and the balls are getting stuck at the bottom of the 360 loop out of the right side of the building. When comparing pictures online to my machine, it looks like the right bottom wire brace is set further to the right on my build. Any ideas?

AEFDF3F9-82B0-4436-97CA-548A78CB104D (resized).jpegAEFDF3F9-82B0-4436-97CA-548A78CB104D (resized).jpeg
#2 1 year ago

You can add flat washers to raise the wireform up at that mounting point. (Lower yellow arrow). The rails need to be lower then the ball drop out of the building. (Upper yellow arrow.). Cant tell from the picture, but see if the rail is level or leaning downward on the right side rail. The bracket can be bent to make it level if needed. Its either mounted too low (needs washers) or bracket has rails leaning down on right side and not leveled. It could also be the wireform was bent at Stern. You can remove the wireform and pull the wireform apart a little at that circle point. Moderate pressure away from each other.

FC28703B-DC7A-4680-8EA6-469F3B294E24 (resized).jpegFC28703B-DC7A-4680-8EA6-469F3B294E24 (resized).jpeg

#3 1 year ago

Good suggestions Loganpinball.

Every Godzilla I've unboxed needed work to get it 'tuned in' and 'playing right'.

I understand that people want to buy new in the box, and unbox it themselves, but from my point of view that's just a guarantee that you personally will deal with the problems every machine comes with.

I've got a dog in this race. I unbox things, fix them up, get them playing good, and THEN I deliver, set up and service them through the years. That's my business.

But pretty much everyone will tell you that pinballs don't come new out of the box without a substantial chance of some little thing not being right. Mostly it's small stuff. Sometimes it's serious enough that the machine isn't playable.

I'm glad that this looks like it is a fairly easy fix!

1 week later
#4 1 year ago

Update: Stern had me loosen the nut in Logans picture and bring the wireform to the left. That solved the original problem but created the new problem of the ball getting stuck further down the wireform. Adding a flat washer under the nut and bringing it back to the original spot solved all problems. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 200.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln, NE
$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Satellite Beach, FL
$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-out-of-box-ball-stuck-on-wireform- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.