Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Boof-Ed
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you be interested in a new Spinning Bumper replacement unit? Estimated price $200”

• One Spinning Bumper replacement unit 3 votes
    9%
  • A pair of replacement units 7 votes
    21%
  • Interested in foam bumper replacements rather than the whole unit 8 votes
    24%
  • Spinning bumper replacements & spare foam bumpers too 12 votes
    35%
  • Not interested, not a justifiable expense 4 votes
    12%

(34 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E921F0DA-06B4-4299-90B0-F39A861AC259.gif
O1 Motor Bracket Assy R0.pdf (PDF preview)
O1 Motor Bracket (resized).jpg
vsu (resized).png
tp104-01-00 (resized).jpg
178120D4-0004-43CB-A53F-25473C9CA7D2.jpeg
D2DBF088-7792-4E90-AC68-7741A40C51E7.jpeg
FB_IMG_1588701498916 (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).JPG
IMG_1902 (resized).JPG
IMG_1901 (resized).JPG
IMG_1885 (resized).JPG
IMG_1884 (resized).JPG
D7305A19-0B9E-4777-9C92-F324A1013900.jpeg
419D9705-81BE-483A-9638-866D2E7095E2.png
4F8A6603-3A80-4414-B587-2D9A06B6F44E.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago

I would buy 4 units and 8 foam replacements.

Foam replacements are an immediate need. The units are something I will buy to support and love the 2 way spin option

2 months later
#19 4 years ago

Any update on this happening?

4 weeks later
#20 4 years ago

bump

any word?

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Apologies, didn’t mean to leave anyone hanging.
I guess I should be a responsible thread owner and give you folks an honest update:
As of yet, no tangible progress has been made. I’ve spoken with different shops and tradesmen in the business to try and find the best, most efficient method.
After factoring in costs, I’m pretty confident I won’t really make any money on these. Regardless I am still dedicated to producing these *hopefully* this year. Without me reproducing them I doubt anyone will EVER make them. In the interest of inevitable future maintenance existing Orbitor 1’s will undoubtably require, having these available should come in handy, comparable to the guy who reproduced the tube dancer for BBB.
On another peripheral note, I have started operating locally with a local arcade owner.
There is also even bigger news I’m not able to disclose just yet.
The purpose of my mentioning this is because while juggling these two business ventures this year I will be working out these spinning bumper replacements in the background.
This is not to discourage any of you who responded and are waiting. I want to be honest and open that this is a real project I’m working on, and progress will most likely be intermittent but I will do my best to keep you informed moving forward.

Thanks very much for the honest and open reply. I am VERY thankful that you are doing this.

If you need any help from the community then just ask. If you want to; then I am guessing we could put out the information you already have and ask the larger community for help. There are all sorts of smart minds and connections here.

If you know the material, size, specs, process it will take; then I bet there is a pinsider that has the ability to assist getting these made.

3 months later
#39 3 years ago

Thank you! That thread reminded me to announce, Opto board is out will be duped soon! Orbitor replacement bumper assemblies are moving forward!

awesome news!!!

1 week later
#43 3 years ago

How much (even a general range) are you expecting this to be?

I would think that the red bumpers could be justified.

Seems like pretty good amount of interest. I would guess that at least 100 game owners would happily buy a pair and some (like me) would happily buy 2 sets.

#45 3 years ago

If we make 1000 and we had 100 owners interested in at least a set, that still leaves 800 of them extra.
If some people buy extras, at best maybe 300 are accounted for, so 700 extra.
How many Orbitors do we think still exist? Surely less than half of them. So the unfortunate bit is that no matter what, there will be a lot of extra bumpers laying around.

I misunderstood. I thought pbr need $1000 worth, not 1000 pieces.

I can see many people buying a pair of full set ups PLUS extra bumpers

I would buy four full sets and 10 bumpers

1 month later
#53 3 years ago

Awesome!!!!

5 months later
#67 3 years ago

Link to where to buy? I can’t find them/ must be looking in wrong spot?

#69 3 years ago

thanks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-orbitor-1-spinning-bumper-replacement-interest-check?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.