(Topic ID: 714)

New number one on the top 100?

By B9

14 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bo3.jpg
    mckenna-runsc.jpg
    #1 14 years ago

Bobby Orr's Power Play (Bally, 1977) is now number 1 ?

#3 14 years ago

Maybe the guy that's trying to unload the one ebay for 12K manipulated the rankings.

#4 14 years ago

I saw several of these for sale a half year ago in Indianapolis ... some were partial and some complete (the guy with that business there has been in and out of it for years and Wolfman warned me not to deal with him). I also saw one for sale that was decent in Michigan. Not my cup of tea.

#5 14 years ago

Good to see movement at the top then stagnation,
    means people are active and into this site.

#6 14 years ago

Haha, that's funny - just checked the top 100. While it's not a #1 game, I love it. I missed out on one locally for $550. Drat. How did it make the top 1???

#7 14 years ago

Sounds like some Canadian hi-jinks are involved. =P

#8 14 years ago

Sometimes this will happen. Currently, 6 votes are needed for a machine to be top 100 eligible. Machines like this are rather low-profile so the only people who seek it out to rate it are "fans" of the game. Chances are many people have and the game will probably receive some more abstracted ratings. I have never played the game myself, is it any good?

#9 14 years ago

So now Bobby Orr's Power Play will have the same insane high price as a Medieval Madness.......and maby the Medieval Madness price will fall

#10 14 years ago

Ha! That's pretty funny. I've played it, and I do think it's a fun game, but it's not super special or anything. These are usually beat to pieces if you find them because they were played pretty heavily on location. I should rate it to give it some balance...

#11 14 years ago

Yes please do ..... i hate to see my Twilight Zone leave the first place

#12 14 years ago

A little follow up on my previous post:

I did a bit of poking around in our ratings database tonight, and concluded that I can increase the number of ratings required for a machine to appear in the top 100 to a minimum of 8 ratings. This means that a game will now need 8 approved ratings before it is eligible for our Top 100.

The number was previously set to a value of 6 minimum votes beause we simpy didn't have enough ratings. With our current ratings count of 13,225 approved ratings, this is no longer the case and the number can be upped to 8 minimum votes while still having over 200 games for our Top 100 and the "follow up" 100.

This will cause a couple of games to dissapear from the list:

Ratings Title Score
    7 Bobby Orr's Power Play 9.017
    6 Alien Poker 7.944
    6 Dolly Parton 7.221
    7 Spirit of 76 7.104
    7 Mario Andretti 7.028
    7 Star Trek 7.004
    7 Flight 2000 6.823
    6 Flipper Football 6.663
    6 Robocop 6.651
    7 Sinbad 6.545
    7 Motordome 6.489
    7 Harley Davidson 6.402
    6 Barb Wire 6.173

I will be re-running the ratings calculation for this week because I'm affraid that the current #1 position of "Bobby Orr" will cause it to get many 'down' votes against it (I'm already seeing some). I will be removing todays down votes and comments as well. I have always tried to keep the list as fair as possible so I hope everyone will understand this decision.

I do invite people who have played this game to give it your honest vote!

#13 14 years ago

That makes sense Robin.I am for keeping it fair, on the positive side Go SPIDEY!!

#14 14 years ago

I think we should move Big Buck Hunter to the top position

#15 14 years ago

I think we should move Big Buck Hunter to the top position

mckenna-runsc.jpgmckenna-runsc.jpg

#16 14 years ago

Oh no, can't drop Dolly Parton. lol

#17 14 years ago

One day he will be back on the top 200,
    and when that day comes you will hail him as your hero
    -ha ha

bo3.jpgbo3.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-number-one-on-the-top-100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.