(Topic ID: 99961)

New ninja turtle pinball machine from stern?

By V8haha

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by V8haha
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_mz66fwOQJE1r4gei2o3_400.gif
grumpy-cat-no.png
steve.gif
download.jpg
5ab5acd7bf124ef99299ed310f7d5bff_1600x1200.jpg
582b7fa2f522a4c475ae223bcbb5effe.jpg
10336655_10152419344779244_8878368926298761939_n.jpg
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

So its done 65 million in the first weekend and they just announced a 2nd movie in june of 2016.

Im thinking there is a good chance stern may make a new TMNT pinball machine.

i sure hope so I've been a huge turtle fan and i think this would be a good way to try and get the youth back into pinball.

thoughts?

#2 9 years ago

I'd rather they made a pin from a theme that hasn't already been done, and a good movie....like Guardians of the Galaxy...

#3 9 years ago

Maybe they should do a Honda Civic themed game. Last time they ran with the music theme so maybe it's the time of the car.

#4 9 years ago

Fail...

#5 9 years ago

Is Stern making games for XBox One and PS4 now? Otherwise, kids won't be into it.

#6 9 years ago

Ghostbusters or Bust…

#7 9 years ago

PLEASE NO!!!!

#8 9 years ago

I know the movie is probably going to be horrible but I can't not go see it.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Is Stern making games for XBox One and PS4 now? Otherwise, kids won't be into it.

thats a terrible attitude!
give them a game they can relate to there is no reason why kids couldn't be into pinball...

i mean its not like there gonna jump for joy over ACDC or metallic or star trek for that matter, they can't drive so thats a no go for mustang

#10 9 years ago

the movie was actually great! if your a turtle fan you will love it! if your expecting transformers then you may not but thats not the way the turtles are you can't take it to seriouse

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

thats a terrible attitude!
give them a game they can relate to there is no reason why kids couldn't be into pinball...
i mean its not like there gonna jump for joy over ACDC or metallic or Star Trek for that matter, they can't drive so thats a no go for mustang

If you want kids to be into it, base it in the current Nick series. Visually it will be more appealing, as well.

A better bet for kids to go crazy and run up to a pinball machine would be Despicable Me/Minions - plus, adults really enjoy those movies & characters. Adventure Time would be a sure bet as well. Hit show that kids and adults love.

Regardless of a great theme, it's unlikely that kids would get so into pinball from seeing one on location that it would change the industry. The arcade is dead for gaming - it's all redemption now.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

the movie was actually great! if your a turtle fan you will love it! if your expecting Transformers then you may not but thats not the way the turtles are you can't take it to seriouse

It's far from a great movie. I actually really enjoyed the turtles themselves within the movie...their personalities were spot on and the action was cool...but as a movie? Pretty fucking terrible. Terrible writing & storytelling. I could go deeper into it, but just check out Rotten Tomatoes. I'm gonna be naive and hope they get their shit together for the sequel.

#13 9 years ago

Guardians of the Galaxy is coming. Just look at the recent lineup from Stern.

Spider-man, Iron Man, Transformers, Avengers, Indiana Jones, Batman, Lord Of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean.

1 thing they all have in common - They are big movie franchises.

The second thing, they pretty much have in common - mostly Disney.

It seems like they have a good relationship with Disney...hard to imagine them not doing more pins based on Disney property.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you want kids to be into it, base it in the current Nick series. Visually it will be more appealing, as well.
A better bet for kids to go crazy and run up to a pinball machine would be Despicable Me/Minions - plus, adults really enjoy those movies & characters. Adventure Time would be a sure bet as well. Hit show that kids and adults love.
Regardless of a great theme, it's unlikely that kids would get so into pinball from seeing one on location that it would change the industry. The arcade is dead for gaming - it's all redemption now.

Ninja turtle is a Nick series they bought the rights years ago and the current TV hit is their version

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Guardians of the Galaxy is coming. Just look at the recent lineup from Stern.
Spider-Man, Iron Man, Transformers, Avengers, Indiana Jones, Batman, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean.
1 thing they all have in common - They are big movie franchises.
The second thing, they pretty much have in common - mostly Disney.
It seems like they have a good relationship with Disney...hard to imagine them not doing more pins based on Disney property.

That's right, so guessing a new star wars pin to be in the future...

#16 9 years ago

saw the movie original is better

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

saw the movie original is better

Secret of the ooooooooozzzzze. Go ninja go ninja go!!!!

#18 9 years ago

The "new" turtles look pretty f'ing lame! From the crappy nostrils out faces to the roided out body types. Just f'ing stupid. I feel sorry for the people who have kids that want to see this bag of shit.

I would prefer watching "my best friends wedding" followed by being pepper sprayed in the face followed by "the notebook" then peppered sprayed again until vomiting ensues followed by a healthy dose of tazering my balls then followed by watching "pearl harbor" than to support this new turtle shitbag movie.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Maybe they should do a Honda Civic themed game. Last time they ran with the music theme so maybe it's the time of the car.

Or they could do a Phil Collins pin....

#20 9 years ago

Just a Shrek re-theme!

#21 9 years ago

Or how about they base it off the Nick reboot?

The reboot is as popular as the original 1987 series so it would be awesome if Stern could make a machine based off of it. Like Adventure Time, TMNT appeals to all types of audiences and could have some even better toys and theming than the original 1991 release by Data East. I'm sure it would be a best-seller after Mustang.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Ninja turtle is a Nick series they bought the rights years ago and the current TV hit is their version

That's what Rarehero said.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

That's right, so guessing a new Star Wars pin to be in the future...

Let's hope that Stern makes a great Star Wars game.

If they did a limited edition, based solely on the original trilogy AND the game was pretty good, I'd be the first in line to buy it.

I will admit, that Episode 1 was a pretty good pinball machine…but it's Episode 1.

#24 9 years ago

Stern posted this on their facebook a few weeks ago and said "Coming Soon!" .. which makes me think their may be some substance to this.
10336655_10152419344779244_8878368926298761939_n.jpg10336655_10152419344779244_8878368926298761939_n.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152419344779244

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Agreed - enough about what "kids" would like in pins.
They should not even be considered a target market anymore, since it's kids age 25-65 who play pins mostly, and those are the people who have the cash to buy them - not 9 year olds.

And even if kids did like a certain pin, mostly all operators would rather put redemption machines in then pins.
Terribly sad, but completely true.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Agreed - enough about what "kids" would like in pins.
They should not even be considered a target market anymore, since it's kids age 25-65 who play pins mostly, and those are the people who have the cash to buy them - not 9 year olds.
And even if kids did like a certain pin, mostly all operators would rather put redemption machines in then pins.
Terribly sad, but completely true.

True - but still - multi age/gender worldwide appeal is something that doesn't hurt sales & location play, that's for sure. Ninja Turtles is a theme that dads have nostalgia for & is also relevant for today's kids. Wouldn't be a bad idea for a pin at all. Basing it on the Nick show would be a better idea than the movie, IMO. The exec producer of the show is a huge pinball fan (they have a Creech at the studio) & I'm sure would get everyone on board for custom art & voices from the cast.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Guardians of the Galaxy is coming.

I'm interested, but only if John C. Reilly's character is in it.

582b7fa2f522a4c475ae223bcbb5effe.jpg582b7fa2f522a4c475ae223bcbb5effe.jpg

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Sad, but true.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I'm interested, but only if John C. Reilly's character is in it.

582b7fa2f522a4c475ae223bcbb5effe... 11 KB

Prinball! CHECK IT OUT!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

The "new" turtles look pretty f'ing lame! From the crappy nostrils out faces to the roided out body types. Just f'ing stupid. I feel sorry for the people who have kids that want to see this bag of shit.

I would prefer watching "my best friends wedding" followed by being pepper sprayed in the face followed by "the notebook" then peppered sprayed again until vomiting ensues followed by a healthy dose of tazering my balls then followed by watching "pearl harbor" than to support this new turtle shitbag movie.

But tell us how you really feel,,,LMAO! He said SHITBAG!

#31 9 years ago

Didn't you all know most ninjas use Steroids and have highly muscular frames and can throw cars?

#32 9 years ago

Wait. You're being so veiled in your comments that I can't quite tell if you like the new turtles or not.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Wait. You're being so veiled in your comments that I can't quite tell if you like the new turtles or not

I'm getting that mixed message, too, LOL!

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Didn't you all know most ninjas use Steroids and have highly muscular frames and can throw cars

The turtles throw cars in the new movies?!

Is Ninja Rap in this movie? If not, someone get Jared on it.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

The turtles throw cars in the new movies?!
Is Ninja Rap in this movie? If not, someone get Jared on it.

I saw the movie. They never throw a car.

No Ninja Rap. "Happy Together" by The Turtles.

#36 9 years ago

Does Corey Feldman make a cameo?

#37 9 years ago

Nope, but he (and many other old school Turtle peeps) have cameos in the new Nick cartoon. Corey Feldman is Slash! Robbie Rist (original movie Mikey) is Mondo Gecko.

#38 9 years ago

How was the movie? Was about to go see it, then backed out when I saw the 1 star reviews.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

How was the movie? Was about to go see it, then backed out when I saw the 1 star reviews.

It's a piece of shit, but the Turtles themselves are really cool. Just depends what your expectations are. If you want to see the most "real" turtles ever being funny & having really cool fights with Shredder…check it out. If you want good writing & an actual story that makes sense, pass.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a piece of shit, but the Turtles themselves are really cool. Just depends what your expectations are. If you want to see the most "real" turtles ever being funny & having really cool fights with Shredder…check it out. If you want good writing & an actual story that makes sense, pass.

I think I will just rent it when it comes out

#41 9 years ago

Megan's mouth is stuck open...what did those turtles do to her?

5ab5acd7bf124ef99299ed310f7d5bff_1600x1200.jpg5ab5acd7bf124ef99299ed310f7d5bff_1600x1200.jpg

#42 9 years ago

More like Ninja Turd-le

download.jpgdownload.jpg

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Prinball! CHECK IT OUT!

"What the heck you gonna do if you’re on a picnic and have an ice cream and the ants crawl on the ice cream, what are you gonna do? You’re gonna eat the ants because it’s made out of protein."

steve.gifsteve.gif

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from kmk68sin:

Megan's mouth is stuck open...what did those turtles do to her?

5ab5acd7bf124ef99299ed310f7d5bff... 32 KB

Don't know what the turtles did to her, but I'm sure many producers have seen this face over the years

#45 9 years ago

followed by a healthy dose of tazering my balls

I just laughed so hard I cried a little. You forgot the part where you shit your pants after losing control of your bowels from being repeatedly tazered in the nards.

The women of pinside have been awfully quiet on this thread. I think they must not like turtles.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Don't know what the turtles did to her, but I'm sure many producers have seen this face over the years

Hey now - Megan Fox & David Austin Green are pinball fans - one of us, one of us…be nice!

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hey now - Megan Fox & David Austin Green are pinball fans - one of us, one of us…be nice!

Just replace "Her" with "David Austin Green" above then.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yea if Megan wants to play pinball over at my place I wouldn't kick her out for starting multiple games, greasy hands, or farting!

#49 9 years ago

Is Ninja Rap in this movie?

Damn that Michael Bay!!!!!

#50 9 years ago

Damn that Michael Bay!!!!!

He's not the director.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
$ 5.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-ninja-turtle-pinball-machine-from-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.