Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by tpn2011
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Picked up a sweet NGG from a really great guy (Twinmice). I'm loving it as I'm a big Lawlor fan and it's nice to have a machine with a goofy/less dramatic theme (dance party cracks me up) to balance some of my other pins. I never got an opportunity to play Gofers more more than one time so I am also really enjoying having a machine that is totally fresh to me.

A few questions:

I love that this machine has a backglass instead of a translate but I'm surprised Williams spent what must have been extra money doing this. Is there any history on why it is the odd man out with a backglass in late era Willams games?

The slingshot rubbers on the game were thick + were slowing down the ball in the inlaces too much and in the case of the right inline the ball would sometimes stick in the lane. I replaced them with some other thinner rubbers of the same diameter I had around and now everything flows better and shots are easier to hit with the ball moving faster out of the inlaces. I guess I never realized there were different thicknesses- I know it's a 2" (50mm) ring but what is the proper thickness not diameter of the rubber I should be looking for to order. The one on marcospec looks like it is too thick but it's hard to eyeball from an online pic obviously.

I can plunge the ramp no problem but it sounds like the auto plunge should also make the ramp to feed the left flipper at multi ball start. I think it might be that the shooter needs to be aligned on center more before I look at the coil - is there any trick to doing this? Just loosen and slide the assembly over a bit?

Thanks

#2 11 years ago

Most NGG's I've played the auto plunge does not make the ramp. One trick is to manually plunge the ball before the auto plunger fires.

The game does have an adjustment that can help. At the top of your shooter lane there is a metal ball guide. You can adjust this guide from under the playfield to give the ball a better angle at the ramp.

No idea why they did a real backglass on this one. I'm curious now as well.

#3 11 years ago

Mine always made the ramp..now I am sad should never have sold that game :,(

#4 11 years ago

My first NGG always manual plunged to the ramp, but then one day decided not to...I could never figure out why.

My new one doesn't either. I'm going to fully shop it out though, so maybe I can figure out some tweak to make it work 100%

#5 11 years ago

Mine will manual plunge the ramp fine and auto just wont make it up.

#6 11 years ago

Mine auto plunges the ramp no problem. Never had an issue with it.

#7 11 years ago

Mine auto plunges and makes the ramp.I have also been very curious since getting gofers why they went with a actual backglass???Hopefully someone can anwser this??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-ngg-owner-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.