(Topic ID: 44890)

Mustang Pin for 50th anniversary rumored

By KrustyBurger

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

courtney-force-hd-wallpaper-Optimized.jpg
    2013-04-04_13.25.35.jpg
    2013-04-03_18.47.45.jpg
    green_machine.JPG
    IMG_0633.jpg
    50a.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_2715.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    my_3_Mustangs.JPG
    stang_2.jpg
    stang1.jpg
    1967-mustang-fastback-2-plus-2-rear.jpg
    th-4.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krustyburger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I just finished reading an article in USA Today about the upcoming all-new Ford Mustang to commemorate the car's 50th anniversary. Also in this article, there was reference to pinball machines being made to celebrate as well. ["Ford said today that 50 companies will sell special products such as jackets, shirts, watches and even pinball machines to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Mustang."]

Does this mean Stern or JJP may be producing these? If so, for general public consumption or simply a few executives? As a proud Mustang owner, I certainly wouldn't mind one of these for my own, just like the previous B/W Corvette themed machine. Group thoughts?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/03/26/ford-mustang-50th-anniversary/2020433/

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from flashburn:

JJP will make the 50th anniversary pin in time for their 60th anniversary.

You're not playing nicely, flashburn! -ha

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cidco:

Assuming an actual pin does get made I have a feeling the Mustang II won't be represented anywhere on the machine.

I'm sure you're right about that. Much like the Pinto, they still can't distance themselves enough from those cars! (you can probably throw the Edsel in there as well)

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I owned a 04 Mach 1 and loved it. Was fun as heck on the Autobahn. Only sold it because I never got to drive it in Alaska.

I bought my '04 Mach 1 back in late 2003. I still have it & love it! Only 8,300 miles to date & I plan to keep her a long time. (I use it just as a fun car for nice weekends, etc.) I can imagine the limited use of a car like this in Alaska, so I understand you selling yours - but to drive one on the autobahn must have been a blast!

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

I LOVE my 04 GT.

The GT's are great fun as well. So easily modified & great performance bargains to begin with. A S/C works wonders with the 4.6, but if you really want a boost in performance, go for a new, crated 'coyote' 5.0. With little modification, fits in the engine bay easily and will make your ride REALLY quick as the older Fox body 'stangs are much lighter than today's cars with all of their extra safety gear, etc. (or leave her alone, save some cash & simply enjoy as is!)

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Doc:

Having owned well over 300 1964-68 Mustangs (last count 328)

Your last name happen to be Ford, by any chance?

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I could see Stern doing a Mustang pin, but there better be some Shelby's on there.

In full agreement. Shelby & the SVT team represent the 'best of the best' Mustangs!

Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Torch red 03 mach 1 owner here. I hope the rumor is true.

Great to hear from another Mach 1 owner! Let's hope this does come to fruition and a Mach 1 (retro or current) is prominently displayed on the backglass.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The "pinball machines" they are referring to will probably be marble toys.

I hope that you're wrong, but that could be the case....

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Either that or a USA today reporter assuming a "video game" is a pinball machine.

Quoted from vid1900:

I just worry that someone at USA Today wrote "Pinball Machine" instead of "Video Game", and then the rest of the world printed the misquoted story too.

Now you guys have me worried! I could easily see that happening, unfortunately...

#33 11 years ago

Thanks DCFAN - there's still hope!

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

But they have until mid 2014 to get it done.

As Stern churns out 3-4 new titles per year, this would seem very possible for them to add to their 2014 agenda.

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

LOL, dangerous for Stern to make a hot rod themed game . . . everyone may realize how expensive these NIB pinball machines are when compared to some of these classic muscle cars and say screw the pinball machines and get me a 67 Mustang coupe or something.

If it helps to lower the NIB pricing on pinball machines, I say bring it on!

8 months later
    #96 10 years ago

Thanks rad, dkpinball & luvthatapex2! I guess getting one lead out of thousands right doesn't feel so bad now! -ha

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krustyburger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mustang-pin-for-50th-anniversary?tu=krustyburger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.