(Topic ID: 44890)

Mustang Pin for 50th anniversary rumored

By KrustyBurger

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

courtney-force-hd-wallpaper-Optimized.jpg
    2013-04-04_13.25.35.jpg
    2013-04-03_18.47.45.jpg
    green_machine.JPG
    IMG_0633.jpg
    50a.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_2715.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    my_3_Mustangs.JPG
    stang_2.jpg
    stang1.jpg
    1967-mustang-fastback-2-plus-2-rear.jpg
    th-4.jpeg
    There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

One more for you nite owls.

#52 11 years ago

Nice!

#53 11 years ago

LOL, dangerous for Stern to make a hot rod themed game . . . everyone may realize how expensive these NIB pinball machines are when compared to some of these classic muscle cars and say screw the pinball machines and get me a 67 Mustang coupe or something.

O-din himself is already asking why he has the MM and all we are doing is looking at pictures. Ha!

#54 11 years ago

About time I'd say

#55 11 years ago

I thought about this seerieusly today and if they wanted to make it happen on time they could (especially since Mr. Stern likes Fords wiring), but could it possibly be a repurpose of another pin or maybe Star Trek and Metallica are ready to go and this is the next project. Time will tell.

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

get me a 67 Mustang coupe or something.

Fastback please.
    th-4.jpegth-4.jpeg 1967-mustang-fastback-2-plus-2-rear.jpg1967-mustang-fastback-2-plus-2-rear.jpg

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

LOL, dangerous for Stern to make a hot rod themed game . . . everyone may realize how expensive these NIB pinball machines are when compared to some of these classic muscle cars and say screw the pinball machines and get me a 67 Mustang coupe or something.

If it helps to lower the NIB pricing on pinball machines, I say bring it on!

#58 11 years ago

I'll say it again, I'm really impressed and so happy there are so many Mustangers on here!

I've got three right now, a '68 GT/CS, '69 GT Fastback, and a '69 Mach 1 that I've owned for over 20 years. My first car was a '71 six-banger, 3 speed coupe that I had to sell to buy the Mach. I'd give anything to have that car back. It didn't have a single option, but man, I loved that car!!

#59 11 years ago

I take it everyone saw Sterns FB post regarding whats your favorite car?

#60 11 years ago

I've been a Mustang lover since I was born...it's in my DNA I think. I had a '69 Mach 1 for many years and just sold it a few years ago. Had lots of fun with it, but I would rather put my spare time/money into pins at this point.

I have said many times that I would love to see a Mustang pin where you can collect various important models from through the years, just like Corvette. Dream theme for sure.

I'm honestly surprised Stern never went for the The Fast and the Furious license. I'm guessing it would be pretty involved getting the rights to use all the different cars though.

#61 11 years ago

I heard they are just going to re-theme Viper Night Drivin'

#62 11 years ago

With the climbing prices of NIB games this pin might be more expensive than the car.

#63 11 years ago

I'll say it again, I'm really impressed and so happy there are so many Mustangers on here!
    I've got three right now, a '68 GT/CS, '69 GT Fastback, and a '69 Mach 1 that I've owned for over 20 years. My first car was a '71 six-banger, 3 speed coupe that I had to sell to buy the Mach. I'd give anything to have that car back. It didn't have a single option, but man, I loved that car!!

Here's my '71, it needs some work, thinking of selling, how much is "anything" exactly??

Started life as a Red on Red with black top 6 cylinder, became a Red with black interior with white top 8 cylinder. Top needs replacement, will go back to black and would like some red highlights on interior.

stang1.jpgstang1.jpg stang_2.jpgstang_2.jpg

#64 11 years ago

If Stern is really looking for export, I am not sure a Mustang pin would sell well overseas. There are Mustang / Corvette lovers around, but not many!

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

There are Mustang / Corvette lovers around, but not many!

True, but I have seen Corvettes and Mustangs for sale in Europe. I believe the current Corvette ZR1 is distributed throughout Europe.

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

If Stern is really looking for export, I am not sure a Mustang pin would sell well overseas. There are Mustang / Corvette lovers around, but not many!

I just think it was a mis type that got republished in every media.

Neither of the 2 official Ford press releases say anything about pinball, only videogames.

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

If Stern is really looking for export,

Quoted from vid1900:

I just think it was a mis typ

Maybe they are looking for an "expert".

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from flashburn:

JJP will make the 50th anniversary pin in time for their 60th anniversary.

Zing

#69 11 years ago

Ford has sold the Mustang all around the world, Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, South America. There will be lots of merchandise available for the 50th Anniversary. Ford has licensed computer/video games before, with Mustang themes. A pin would be great, maybe it will cost less than a new 50th Anniversary Pony Car.

#70 11 years ago

A nice Saleen or 85.5 you can keep the pin =/

#71 11 years ago

If stern did make it now we've got a variety of pins from movie themed, music, sport, comic book, video/arcade licensed, ect.
    But finally another car pin if its true the last time we had a car themed on was grand pix/ NASCAR/ dale jr/Harley Davidson 1,2 and 3

#72 11 years ago

New Stingray corvette would be better! Pin and car I mean. No reason for backseat in true sports car.

#73 11 years ago

Nothing to see here, it was just a misprint.

#74 11 years ago

If JJ to produce it won't ship till the 60th anniversary. It ties into the stern Facebook question: What is your favorite car.

#75 11 years ago

The 1968 Bullitt LE with green powder coat will be the one to own.

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I could see Stern doing a Mustang pin.

Find the Gary Stern interview (somewhere on pinside) where he's asked if Stern will ever do a Mustang car-themed pin and he says NO.

Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Shelby & the SVT team represent the 'best of the best' Mustangs!

I have to agree with that. I have a '96 Mystic SVT Cobra, '01 SVT Cobra, and an '08 Shelby GT500.

Quoted from ctozzi:

Here's my girl (Shelby GT500) that I sold last year.

How could you do a thing like that? my_3_Mustangs.JPGmy_3_Mustangs.JPG

#77 11 years ago

Nice Fords

#78 11 years ago

Very Nice

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#79 11 years ago

I'm in.

IMG_2715.jpgIMG_2715.jpg

#80 11 years ago

my mustang.

// Error: Image 87719 not found // // Error: Image 87720 not found // image.jpgimage.jpg

#81 11 years ago

Who's the old guy?

#82 11 years ago

ha. I get it! 48 years young thank you.

#83 11 years ago

Nice ride!

#84 11 years ago

Very nice mustang

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Mustangs and corvettes have a big following here.

#86 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

This very thought has crossed my mind. I've been looking at what games I own, what games I plan on picking up, etc., and keep wondering why I'm not buying a sweet Mustang or Challenger... Just as fun, and my wife can only give me grief for one thing instead of 10.

#87 11 years ago

Damn... and I said I only had room for one more... Mustang pin wold break that strategy... (unless it sucked)

Love my 'stang. Had a 2006 (loved the throwback styling), but couldnt resist upgrading when they released the new 5.0!

50a.jpg50a.jpg

#88 11 years ago

I have been thinking of selling my 73 Mustang Mach 1 and putting money in the pin fund. It is great and I have had several differnt Mustangs but never seem to have time for it anymore. Here is a link to a few pictures.
    http://s671.photobucket.com/user/limericka/library/73%20Mustang%20Mach%201?page=1
    Andy

IMG_0633.jpgIMG_0633.jpg

#89 11 years ago

We'll I was going to buy an AC/DC Premium. But instead I used part of the funds for that to put a down payment on this bad boy yesterday.

Welcome...."THE GREEN MACHINE"

I'm smiles from ear to ear over it. I've been waiting over 10 years to buy another Mustang. My first car when I was 16 was a 1968 Mustang V8/289. And my second car was a 1987 Mustang LX Hatchback. It was only 4 Cylinders..but it sure was purdy in it's day.

green_machine.JPGgreen_machine.JPG 2013-04-03_18.47.45.jpg2013-04-03_18.47.45.jpg 2013-04-04_13.25.35.jpg2013-04-04_13.25.35.jpg

#90 11 years ago

Mustang version of hulk.

8 months later
    #91 10 years ago

I guess it was confirmed this am. I haven't seen the Stern Facebook announcement but it supposedly exists.

KrustyBurger - insightful post ~ months ago...

#92 10 years ago

#93 10 years ago

YA
    Elanor!!!

Maybe they will put secret code in for focus RS race? Or how the solid rear axle mustang dominated the conti cup

#94 10 years ago

Yea, nice call Krusty.

Allow me to troll for a moment: My sister drove a mustang. Every mustang owner I've known was a girl. I've always considered the Mustang a chick car.

Rain it down

#95 10 years ago

Wow you called this 8 months ago! Well done... this has been a very tight lipped development.

I just finished reading an article in USA Today about the upcoming all-new Ford Mustang to commemorate the car's 50th anniversary. Also in this article, there was reference to pinball machines being made to celebrate as well. ["Ford said today that 50 companies will sell special products such as jackets, shirts, watches and even pinball machines to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Mustang."]
    Does this mean Stern or JJP may be producing these? If so, for general public consumption or simply a few executives? As a proud Mustang owner, I certainly wouldn't mind one of these for my own, just like the previous B/W Corvette themed machine. Group thoughts?
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/03/26/ford-mustang-50th-anniversary/2020433/

#96 10 years ago

Thanks rad, dkpinball & luvthatapex2! I guess getting one lead out of thousands right doesn't feel so bad now! -ha

#98 10 years ago

It's definitely a nice change of pace from all the movie/music based pins. I can't wait to see what kind of game they come up with to go with this theme.

#99 10 years ago

Thanks rad, dkpinball & luvthatapex2! I guess getting one lead out of thousands right doesn't feel so bad now! -ha

Good job calling this a long time ago and not being a dbag saying something like "GUYS Stern is gonna make a non comic/band/movie pin this year"

#100 10 years ago

NNNNOOOoooooooooo!!! Oh well money will stay in my pocket...

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mustang-pin-for-50th-anniversary/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.