(Topic ID: 44890)

Mustang Pin for 50th anniversary rumored

By KrustyBurger

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

courtney-force-hd-wallpaper-Optimized.jpg
    2013-04-04_13.25.35.jpg
    2013-04-03_18.47.45.jpg
    green_machine.JPG
    IMG_0633.jpg
    50a.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_2715.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    my_3_Mustangs.JPG
    stang_2.jpg
    stang1.jpg
    1967-mustang-fastback-2-plus-2-rear.jpg
    th-4.jpeg
    There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

I just finished reading an article in USA Today about the upcoming all-new Ford Mustang to commemorate the car's 50th anniversary. Also in this article, there was reference to pinball machines being made to celebrate as well. ["Ford said today that 50 companies will sell special products such as jackets, shirts, watches and even pinball machines to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Mustang."]

Does this mean Stern or JJP may be producing these? If so, for general public consumption or simply a few executives? As a proud Mustang owner, I certainly wouldn't mind one of these for my own, just like the previous B/W Corvette themed machine. Group thoughts?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/03/26/ford-mustang-50th-anniversary/2020433/

#2 11 years ago

JJP will make the 50th anniversary pin in time for their 60th anniversary.

#3 11 years ago

I was just thinking about this the other day. It could be the closest thing to a new version of High Speed if Steve Ritchie designed it. Of course Ford would have to sign off on their highest profile car running red lights and evading the police. Assuming an actual pin does get made I have a feeling the Mustang II won't be represented anywhere on the machine.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from flashburn:

You're not playing nicely, flashburn! -ha

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cidco:

Assuming an actual pin does get made I have a feeling the Mustang II won't be represented anywhere on the machine.

I'm sure you're right about that. Much like the Pinto, they still can't distance themselves enough from those cars! (you can probably throw the Edsel in there as well)

#6 11 years ago

Interesting to see what more we'll learn about this. I'd guess Stern will make this machine.
    Just hope it's not a rethemed harley davidson playfield they'll use

#7 11 years ago

This is the only Mustang pinball I'd like to see:

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=mustang&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#1645

Now as to the car, I hate them. They ruined modern cars.

#8 11 years ago

I owned a 04 Mach 1 and loved it. Was fun as heck on the Autobahn. Only sold it because I never got to drive it in Alaska.

I wonder if this is the rumored Hot Wheels pin but was rethemed due to licensing issues?

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I owned a 04 Mach 1 and loved it. Was fun as heck on the Autobahn. Only sold it because I never got to drive it in Alaska.

I bought my '04 Mach 1 back in late 2003. I still have it & love it! Only 8,300 miles to date & I plan to keep her a long time. (I use it just as a fun car for nice weekends, etc.) I can imagine the limited use of a car like this in Alaska, so I understand you selling yours - but to drive one on the autobahn must have been a blast!

#10 11 years ago

I LOVE my 04 GT. Been slightly modified but still have not sucked it up and stuck the S/C on it.

#11 11 years ago

Having owned well over 300 1964-68 Mustangs (last count 328) and 4 of the new generations (2005-2011) I am MOST DEFINITELY on board for this no matter who produces it!!
    Doc

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

I LOVE my 04 GT.

The GT's are great fun as well. So easily modified & great performance bargains to begin with. A S/C works wonders with the 4.6, but if you really want a boost in performance, go for a new, crated 'coyote' 5.0. With little modification, fits in the engine bay easily and will make your ride REALLY quick as the older Fox body 'stangs are much lighter than today's cars with all of their extra safety gear, etc. (or leave her alone, save some cash & simply enjoy as is!)

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Doc:

Having owned well over 300 1964-68 Mustangs (last count 328)

Your last name happen to be Ford, by any chance?

#14 11 years ago

Boing Boing Boing. Whats that you ask? The sound of my check bouncing its way to the bank because this pin would be a "must have" while my bank account is saying "dont have". I think its a little ironic that if this pin were actually built-I would have to sell off a real Mustang in order to be able to buy it. Whats a pinhead that bleeds Ford Blue to do? Cobras and Shelbys and Mach Ones...Oh My.

#15 11 years ago

I'm in!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#16 11 years ago

That would be an interesting pin. I've owned a shitload of Mustangs ('641/2 coupe, '67 coupe, '69 convt, '69 428CJ Mach1, '69 351 Mach1, '89GT, '71 Boss 351, '71 Mach1 all tube car..still have the last 2). Sadly I've lost interest in cars in general. Not real sure how I'd feel about the pin.

Edit: my shitload certainly doesn't compare to Doc's

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

The GT's are great fun as well. So easily modified & great performance bargains to begin with. A S/C works wonders with the 4.6, but if you really want a boost in performance, go for a new, crated 'coyote' 5.0. With little modification, fits in the engine bay easily and will make your ride REALLY quick as the older Fox body 'stangs are much lighter than today's cars with all of their extra safety gear, etc. (or leave her alone, save some cash & simply enjoy as is!)

Here in Commiefornia, my best bet is to buy a 03/04 Cobra motor, that way smog won't be such a pain.

As it is, I have the SC in my garage, just need a few parts to buy and slap it on the car. Would like to keep the tune safe, so around 300-350 RWHP would be fine

#18 11 years ago

Oddly, the actual press release from Ford does not mention Pinball at all (only video games):

=================================================

Ford Marks Countdown to 50 Years of Mustang with All-New Licensed Products

A select group of licensees will produce merchandise and apparel to celebrate 50 years of continuous Mustang production

Celebrating its centennial this year, Union, N.J.-based Schott NYC was one of the first manufacturers to sign on for the 50 Years licensing program, designing a one-off Mustang jacket to commemorate the occasion

NEW YORK, March 26, 2013 – The Ford Mustang will soon become the newest member of a very exclusive club – vehicles in continuous production for 50 years. To help mark this milestone, 50 companies will sell products including watches, T-shirts, model cars and more that celebrate the Mustang's first 50 years.

"During its first 49 years of production, Mustang has come to evoke a variety of emotions in our customers – freedom, independence and being true to one's self – just to name a few," said John Nens, Ford's team lead for Global Brand Licensing. "We're marking this Mustang milestone with a distinctive collection of licensed products from select manufacturers that will carry the unique Mustang 50 Years logo."

All of the new merchandise will be easily identified with a custom logo that celebrates 50 years of Mustang.

The logo was crafted by Ford designer Michael Thomson. It features the Mustang's trademark galloping pony in silhouette over the characters "50 YEARS." This new icon has a clean and sophisticated appearance in either white on black or black on white. Only 50 companies will be licensed to create products bearing this special logo including high-quality die cast models, videogames, watches and apparel.

"We're working closely with our licensees to ensure every item reflects the unique qualities of Mustang," said Nens. "Like the car itself, we want our licensed products to convey an attitude of strength, passion and the highest quality."

Over upcoming weeks and months, other Ford licensees will reveal a variety of Mustang products featuring the Mustang 50 Years logo to mark this special moment in automotive history and kick off the next 50 years of Mustang.

From the Tuskegee Airmen to 50 Years of Mustang

Celebrating its centennial this year, Union, N.J.-based Schott NYC was one of the first manufacturers to sign on for the 50 Years licensing program. Irving and Jack Schott established their company the same year Ford began producing the Model T on the first moving assembly line. Great-grandson and COO Jason Schott runs the family business today, along with his mother Roz Schott, president, and his uncle, Steven L. Colin, CEO, producing premium jackets, shirts and accessories.

During World War II, Schott NYC dedicated its entire capacity to making sheepskin bomber jackets, leather flight jackets and peacoats for American soldiers, sailors and pilots fighting overseas. Among those who went into battle in Schott jackets were the pilots of the 332nd Fighter Group, better known as the Tuskegee Airmen.

"I can't think of a better partner with whom to celebrate our 100th anniversary," said Jason Schott. "We are honored to collaborate with an iconic family business that shares our commitment to domestic production."

While the Ford Mustang is classically identified with the wild horse of the American West, it was actually named for the famed North American P-51 fighter plane, the preferred mount of the Tuskegee Airmen in the final year of the war.

Over the next half-century, the Schott Perfecto leather jacket figured prominently in iconic images of Marlon Brando, James Dean, Peter Fonda, the Ramones and Bruce Springsteen. Today Jay-Z, Lady Gaga and Adam Levine can all be spotted in Schott jackets.

Later this year, Schott NYC will reveal a limited-edition leather jacket celebrating 50 years of Mustang.

"The Mustang attitude of freedom and mobility is universal and enduring, and fans around the world will be honoring that heritage with numerous celebrations as we move forward," said Steve Ling, Ford Car Marketing manager.

#19 11 years ago

This would be flipping fantastic. Hope the pin turns out great! Ya, I have owned Mustangs. Now to decide to buy a 1967 Convertible, or wait for this pin? I'll be at car shows soon, as the snow here is now melting. HA HA HA, Yippee!

#21 11 years ago

I could see Stern doing a Mustang pin, but there better be some Shelby's on there.

#22 11 years ago

Torch red 03 mach 1 owner here. I hope the rumor is true.

#23 11 years ago

["Ford said today that 50 companies will sell special products such as jackets, shirts, watches and even pinball machines to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Mustang.

The "pinball machines" they are referring to will probably be marble toys.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I could see Stern doing a Mustang pin, but there better be some Shelby's on there.

In full agreement. Shelby & the SVT team represent the 'best of the best' Mustangs!

Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Torch red 03 mach 1 owner here. I hope the rumor is true.

Great to hear from another Mach 1 owner! Let's hope this does come to fruition and a Mach 1 (retro or current) is prominently displayed on the backglass.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I hope that you're wrong, but that could be the case....

#26 11 years ago

I hope that you're wrong, but that could be the case....

Either that or a USA today reporter assuming a "video game" is a pinball machine.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I just worry that someone at USA Today wrote "Pinball Machine" instead of "Video Game", and then the rest of the world printed the misquoted story too.

Can anyone find another source for Ford Mustang Pinball Machine that does not quote the USA Today article?

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Either that or a USA today reporter assuming a "video game" is a pinball machine.

Quoted from vid1900:

I just worry that someone at USA Today wrote "Pinball Machine" instead of "Video Game", and then the rest of the world printed the misquoted story too.

Now you guys have me worried! I could easily see that happening, unfortunately...

#29 11 years ago

We would have heard of this pin before Ford would have.

#31 11 years ago

From Face Book NIB Mustang Available now.

250491_427999323931550_1158833305_n.jpg250491_427999323931550_1158833305_n.jpg

#32 11 years ago

But they have until mid 2014 to get it done. Most everybody should have their WOZ by then.

#33 11 years ago

Thanks DCFAN - there's still hope!

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

But they have until mid 2014 to get it done.

As Stern churns out 3-4 new titles per year, this would seem very possible for them to add to their 2014 agenda.

#35 11 years ago

Would Gary Stern alter his catchphrase then to "more wire than a ford mustang"?

#36 11 years ago

I've emailed Ana about the source of her information.

Let you know as soon as she replies!

#37 11 years ago

Count me in, I am one of the dreamers

IMG_0147.JPGIMG_0147.JPG

#38 11 years ago

You could say I'm interested. Would love to have one of those and a Corvette pin.

IMG_0944.jpgIMG_0944.jpg BradCar1.jpgBradCar1.jpg RoushSignCar.jpgRoushSignCar.jpg 1954650118_medium.jpg1954650118_medium.jpg

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

You could say I'm interested. Would love to have one of those and a Corvette pin.

The Cat in the Hat. Very cool.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

The Cat in the Hat. Very cool.

Thanks. Jack did an event in Houston last year so I drove my car down and got it signed. Was awesome meeting one of the great car guys that are still around. I've had a goal to meet Jack Roush (done), Chip Foose (done), Carrol Shelby (God rest his soul) and Dave Hill (still hoping to do so).

#41 11 years ago

o-dins favorite mustang

1967-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-eleanor.jpg1967-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-eleanor.jpg gt500kr_test.jpggt500kr_test.jpg

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Thanks. Jack did an event in Houston last year so I drove my car down and got it signed. Was awesome meeting one of the great car guys that are still around.

I've met him a few times. I used to do repair on data acquisition instruments and various sensors/vision systems for his company. He has many different buildings around the Livonia MI area. Really nice guy.

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from flashburn:

LOL, here's my girl I sold last year. image.jpgimage.jpg

#44 11 years ago

One more for you nite owls.

#45 11 years ago

Not the best pic but here is my old Mustang. Sold it and bought a Raptor.

Mach1.JPGMach1.JPG

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

o-dins favorite mustang

I owned a 68 GT350 in the 80's. Man I wish I had it.

#47 11 years ago

How's this one?

mdmp_1002_15_+boss_429_mustang+1970_mu.jpgmdmp_1002_15_+boss_429_mustang+1970_mu.jpg

#48 11 years ago

Could be all the rumors about Metallica are bogus and Stern is going to pull a surprise theme like this in April. Wouldn't be the first time they did a little mis-guidance on everyone regarding a theme.

The question is, how well would a game about the iconic American muscle car sell outside of the US? Would the European operators be interested in the theme and order? If not, the theme is unlikely to happen and Stern will continue on with the Sci Fi, Music, Super Hero line up that is doing so well for them in the market right now.

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from DougPiranha:

I owned a 68 GT350 in the 80's. Man I wish I had it.

Me too!!

#50 11 years ago

My buddys got one of these, and it's for sale! So WTF am I doing with a MM?

th-3.jpegth-3.jpeg
    (69 mach 1 428 Super Cobra Jet)

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mustang-pin-for-50th-anniversary and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.