Untitled2.png
Untitled.png
roush.png
cobra 2.png
cobra.png
blue stang.png
Mustang, Lori & Me 1989 at Bills.jpg
image-116.jpg
There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

geez im close to buying one of these guys. Any opinion on the pro or premium etc?
Here in Australia there are next to no premiums or le's floating around so it would ne nice to have one.

Finally saw both the Premium and LE at Expo. I have to say that the Premium is by far the best looking of the bunch, but for game play I saw very little difference between the three versions. There are some, but they're so subtle that it couldn't justify the added cost.

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

geez im close to buying one of these guys. Any opinion on the pro or premium etc?

I would go for the Pro. With the $ saved, have it modified to your taste, put your favorite car replica in it... even add a custom-made translite?

#153 9 years ago

The way I have my Pro bling'd out there is no way I upgrade. My Pro looks so bad ass now, the only thing I'm missing that I can think of is a matching candy red coin door, shaker and a red lit shooter knob.

#154 9 years ago

Has anyone approached joe to make a custom mustang topper?

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Not that I've heard of.

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Yes, it carries over from player to player and game to game (sadly). I hope this can be changed, or at least given the option to change, in future updates.
Really strange when you start a game only to hear MUSTANG MULTIBALL IS READY!! before you plunge your first ball. Then, you are locked into playing it, and only it (can't start a mode or gear shift multiball).

Just hold in the left flipper button before starting a multi-player game to put it into competition mode. Then the Mustang letters do not carryover. That is what we do in league. We do that with all Sterns that have that feature. Some older Sterns like RBION and Monopoly don't have it.

#157 9 years ago

I got to play a mustang pro at EXPO in the free play area Friday. I really like the play. Not sure what code it was running, but it played fast and pretty smooth. I like it much more than The Walking dead in terms of smoothness and flow. What would be a good price from a distributor?

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

I got to play a mustang pro at EXPO in the free play area Friday. I really like the play. Not sure what code it was running, but it played fast and pretty smooth. I like it much more than The Walking Dead in terms of smoothness and flow. What would be a good price from a distributor?

Love mine, glad you like it too, you must be a car guy. I got mine from Melissa at Coin Taker for $4700 delivered. Give her a call and tell her I sent you. She may throw in a couple of extras.

#159 9 years ago

Believe or not, my first car was a new 68' RS Camaro, 350, 295 HP (short block version), 10.5 compression engine, 3.73 Drive train. Premium (leaded) was $0.30 a gallon then before the oil embargo/energy crisis of 73-73. Paid $3,500 for it. It was yellow with black hood striping body side pinstripes. (yeah I am an ole fart!). One of my pals had a 69' Mach I, powder blue. We loved these cars. I got my camaro, then went active duty and my dad would drive it once a week to keep it going for over a year and half while i was gone. Sold it in 1974 during energy crisis. Bummer!!

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

In North America there are tons of Mustang related items in the market place. Adding a topper that can be made from car models or car parts purchased from Ford Dealers, on line, even Wal-Mart. Would be easier than trying to get Ford Motor Company to authorize the design, and sale of a topper.

#161 9 years ago

I played several games on the LE in the free play area at Expo. I thought it wasn't a bad game at all. I didn't really get a chance to explore the rules, but it shot well.

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Believe or not, my first car was a new 68' RS Camaro, 350, 295 HP (short block version), 10.5 compression engine, 3.73 Drive train. Premium (leaded) was $0.30 a gallon then before the oil embargo/energy crisis of 73-73. Paid $3,500 for it. It was yellow with black hood striping body side pinstripes. (yeah I am an ole fart!). One of my pals had a 69' Mach I, powder blue. We loved these cars. I got my camaro, then went active duty and my dad would drive it once a week to keep it going for over a year and half while i was gone. Sold it in 1974 during energy crisis. Bummer!!

Oh man you should have kept it. So glad I kept mine.

#163 9 years ago

Just a quick question guys. What's the finish on the boss premium armour. In the fliers it looks like a normal basic black stern powdercoat? Or does it have a smoother nicer finish?

#164 9 years ago

On the pro vs LE/prem debate, I have a question about the MUSTANG letter collecting on the pro. I really love how the turntable works on the LE. The letters are around the base of the turntable and each letter is collected by hitting the scoop when that letter rotates around to the front. It adds a really cool hurry-up / timing factor in my opinion. It's sure a far cry from all of the whining that "the turntable doesn't do anything" that I've read. How does collecting the letters work on the pro?

The other thing I will say about that turntable...lots of people have complained that you can't see the pop bumpers because it is so big. What I didn't realize until seeing it in person is the turntable is clear and you actually have a better view of the pops than you do on the pro. I did have a little more trouble seeing the lanes in the LE...but then again I'm short. If I were a couple inches taller I don't think it would have been a problem. It really wasn't a big deal though...I just had to stretch a little when I needed to see what lanes were lit.

If I had the money, I would order a BOSS right now over everything else on the market. I liked the pro alot the little I've gotten to play it in the past, but I really fell in love at Expo. Premium would be my preference, but all 3 models are pretty awesome. The pro cabinet is gorgeous...

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Just a quick question guys. What's the finish on the boss premium armour. In the fliers it looks like a normal basic black stern powdercoat? Or does it have a smoother nicer finish?

Only the LE has powder coat. The Premium has a textured paint. Which kind of echoes the black wrinkle finish on the 289 Hi-Po valve covers. The Premium does have a powder coated lower apron.

#166 9 years ago

I switched my Pro armor over to candy red and it REALLY changes the appearance of the game for the better. Now to save up for a candy red coin door and a red lit shooter knob.

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

On the pro vs LE/prem debate, I have a question about the MUSTANG letter collecting on the pro. I really love how the turntable works on the LE. The letters are around the base of the turntable and each letter is collected by hitting the scoop when that letter rotates around to the front. It adds a really cool hurry-up / timing factor in my opinion. It's sure a far cry from all of the whining that "the turntable doesn't do anything" that I've read. How does collecting the letters work on the pro?

Mustang letters on the Pro, AFAIK..... shoot the left ramp to light the scoop for a letter. Shooting the scoop awards the next letter, which is displayed on the DMD, Spell the word Mustang and the large white insert flashes at the scoop to let you know Mustang MB is ready to start.

#168 9 years ago

On the pro Mustang letter collection...

I haven't totally figured it out, but it seems you collect a letter the first time you land in the scoop. After you get the first letter, you need to complete something before it's enabled again. Also, it doesn't seem to award a letter during modes or multiball. There's no real indication that it's lit, but that's sort of the cool mystery about it and makes hitting the scoop when not much else is going on a reward. I wonder if you can collect letters on the premium this way too. I think on the premium, hit the "A" drop when the letter is rotated over it?

My favorite strategy lately is trying to complete Cruisn' mode. Work the shots & drops. Wait to start multiball until the 3rd wave when the shot is moving.

Also, on the light extra ball setting, it's adjustable to light when "X" mode is lit -or- light after "X" mode is completed. Having it set to after the 4th mode is completed, seems to work well.

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Mustang letters on the Pro, AFAIK..... shoot the left ramp to light the scoop for a letter. Shooting the scoop awards the next letter, which is displayed on the DMD, Spell the word Mustang and the large white insert flashes at the scoop to let you know Mustang MB is ready to start.

I'll have to check that out. For a fairly simple game, there's still a few things I haven't figured out!

#170 9 years ago

A little off topic but what do you guys think of the new Pingrafix Mustang Pinblades?

#171 9 years ago

It seems the pin graphics color scheme would suit the pro more than the other models. Looks cool to me and is a bit of a change from mirror blades

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I played several games on the LE in the free play area at Expo. I thought it wasn't a bad game at all. I didn't really get a chance to explore the rules, but it shot well.

Ask Lonnie the pinball record holder how it plays. He sat in front of one with the new code for 50 hours straight so he should have a good idea.

#173 9 years ago

Mustang has gone from a decent game to a really good one. It will take some time for the masses to catch up. It is a well kept secret right now what a good playing game it is!

#174 9 years ago

Ya'll hush now with the praise of this title. I want one down the road and I don't need it pulling an Iron Man on me cost wise (pre-VE)

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Mustang has gone from a decent game to a really good one. It will take some time for the masses to catch up. It is a well kept secret right now what a good playing game it is!

I knew it was a good game after just a few games, very fast and fun. It's a keeper for me.

#176 9 years ago

The smell of burnt rubber

#177 9 years ago

For a game that started out with almost no interest. It has actually turned into a fun game!!

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

The smell of burnt rubber

You got the ball bouncing off the rubbers so fast they are startin to burn?

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

For a game that started out with almost no interest. It has actually turned into a fun game!!

I think it's ALWAYS been a fun game and gotten better with the 1.40.

1 year later
#180 8 years ago

Hello,
I just bought a mustang.
I do not understand Multiball.
The insert "multiball" is on. I put the ball, but it does not start right away.
We must put the ball several times.
Is this normal?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mustang-code-140-released/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.