Untitled2.png
Untitled.png
roush.png
cobra 2.png
cobra.png
blue stang.png
Mustang, Lori & Me 1989 at Bills.jpg
image-116.jpg
There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

Ok, Just had 1.4 on my Pro for breakfast!! A few quick observations...

Dang, when I try to download it won't work and I get that message.

#53 9 years ago

Play Pro & LE on location. Both good games. Will probably add a HUO one to my collection when they become available. My only complaint is that I dont have enough space/$$/time for a NIB.

#54 9 years ago

After playing a Premium Mustang at Joystix in Houston, TX, add me to the list of people who are interested in obtaining one.

The new code is a bonus!

Marcus

#55 9 years ago

The game is not bad at all...just most people have written it off because they don't care for the theme and code WAS lacking. I had a great time playing it a handful of times at TPF (beat 85vette) on a game to boot. I will say...of the recent releases by Stern, it is the dog....but with MET,IMVE,ST...that's tough to keep up with....my 2 cents

Congrats to all those Mustang owners out there.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Okay, I'm ready to trade my Jackbot for someone's Pro. Let's go.

Are you trying to make Jackbot's value plummet by throwing out a wild trade like that?

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Are you trying to make Jackbot's value plummet by throwing out a wild trade like that?

If that's a joke, it's not even funny.

If it's not a joke, I don't get the logic. I already own a Jackbot. Why would I want or need the value to go down, and how would making that trade do that?

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

We all know Stern doesn't finish or polish code on less than successful titles. WOF, TF, Monopoly, Rollercoaster Tycoon. You can still buy TF NIB after 4 years off the assembly line.

I keep hearing this and it drives me nuts. TF is complete. Some may not like the code but to call it incomplete would be wrong. All features are active, no major bugs and there are multiple wizard modes. They even come back to the game and made some adjustments as requested by the community. Took them almost a year but in code update time that seems standard now.

With Mustang, I don't see anything incomplete with it now too. Never played a Prem/LE though but with the pro it seems pretty complete to me.

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

The game is not bad at all...just most people have written it off because they don't care for the theme and code WAS lacking. I had a great time playing it a handful of times at TPF (beat 85vette) on a game to boot.

That was a killer game. Didn't we all break 100 million on that game? Super fun for sure!

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I keep hearing this and it drives me nuts. TF is complete.

And that's why I wrote or don't polish.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That was a killer game. Didn't we all break 100 million on that game? Super fun for sure!

We did...my closest game after that wasn't north of 40 million....guess I was able to raise my ability around proper competition.

#61 9 years ago

Fully half of the Bally/Williams titles from the 90s are buggy and/or "unpolished".

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Fully half of the Bally/Williams titles from the 90s are buggy and/or "unpolished".

Yup....I'd put NGG in there at #1... I'm just hoping that James Cardona finishes is code for the game.

#63 9 years ago

Still. what's not "polished" Either way, that statement is bogus to me. The code on TF is complete and works perfectly fine. There may be some user requested changes but nothing about the code is unpolished or incomplete.

#64 9 years ago

Yup....I'd put NGG in there at #1... I'm just hoping that James Cardona finishes is code for the game.

So funny when people bring up NGG code as a shining example of being unfinished. I've never noticed anything unfinished about the game...I've loved playing it for 5 or 6 years. It's my girlfriend's favorite game. It's a solid game! I'd like to think I've got an eye for unfinished code...still enjoy NGG a ton and never thought "if only this game had this or that".

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Oh, I don't think getting 5th or 6th gear is easy at all, it's quite difficult. I just wondered if they toned down the SJP at all.

5th gear is obtainable, as for 6th gear, I have never made it.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So funny when people bring up NGG code as a shining example of being unfinished. I've never noticed anything unfinished about the game...I've loved playing it for 5 or 6 years. It's my girlfriend's favorite game. It's a solid game! I'd like to think I've got an eye for unfinished code...still enjoy NGG a ton and never thought "if only this game had this or that".

It's unfinished in that there are glaring, game-breaking bugs in the last version that make it practically unusable for competition (and not as fun as it could be for casual play). The "quick jackpot" feature on the wheel... in 5 years you never noticed the points you actually get are way off from what it claims? Zen question for NGG: "If a feature is printed on the playfield and exists in the code, but awards no points, is it still a feature?"

#67 9 years ago

I played a few games on the new code tonight. I like it, but I liked Mustang before. Not a title I would ever buy, but it's fun to play on route for a few games. Burnout Multiball is the biggest edition, that plus EB being awarded at 2 modes starts...which is ridiculous. It basically guarantees an EB every game. Burnout Multiball is cool though. Worth a lot of points and not hard to start. I never noticed before, but one thing that I got hungup in last night was that I had gear 5 multiball lit, but upgrade scoring took precedence over it and I couldn't start it till upgrade scoring was finished. That sucked, I wanted my multiball and needless to say, I drained before upgrade scoring was over so I never got it.

The scoring is more balanced, but they didn't drop the Super Jackpot values. I still got a 100 million (50 doubled) last night. I played 3 games and dropped a 391 million on the one on route here and that was with not finishing my last mode, so no Drift or Silverball Stampede during that game.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

upgrade scoring

That Upgrade Scoring is tough to do. I have only made it to 4 levels on it. NO2, Top Ford, RPM, and POP Bumpers.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

That Upgrade Scoring is tough to do. I have only made it to 4 levels on it. NO2, Top Ford, RPM, and POP Bumpers.

Right...which is why I didn't want to play it. High risk, not enough reward compared to 5th gear multiball. They should stack if anything.

#70 9 years ago

Good news. Thx Stern!

#71 9 years ago

I agree that the extra ball at 2 starts is not right but it is very adjustable in the menu,I put mine at extra ball lit at 3 modes finished.i am likeing it even more now,most will never get to play a boss
Or le,I am thinking the boss will be one of the rarest sterns ever I can't see them making very many I have # 39 and I own a 2102 boss 302 so it was a done deal for me

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

It's unfinished in that there are glaring, game-breaking bugs in the last version that make it practically unusable for competition (and not as fun as it could be for casual play). The "quick jackpot" feature on the wheel... in 5 years you never noticed the points you actually get are way off from what it claims? Zen question for NGG: "If a feature is printed on the playfield and exists in the code, but awards no points, is it still a feature?"

Nope...but I don't play in tournaments...and the game moves so fast I haven't been able to study the way the points are adding up. My game has never broken from playing it. So, is that it - Quick Jackpot gives you different points? What else am I missing?

#73 9 years ago

Quick Jackpot can be lit for six million and give you zero. Or lit for one and give you three. That can be huge in a close game.

Other bugs?

- Bud getting stuck up during Ripoff (and sometimes during gameplay).
- Getting "free lock" on 2nd multiball under certain conditions results in 2 ball main multiball
- Possible to completely skip hole-in-one challenge if HIO shot on 9th hole starts multiball instead
- Ripoff sometimes not awarding additional ball on captive ball completion (despite playing vocal and lamp effect)

Those are what I've experienced.. I've also heard from multiple sources about a 100M cart attack shot, double-skillshots worth zero, etc. The game is a mess, but still pretty fun.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Quick Jackpot can be lit for six million and give you zero. Or lit for one and give you three. That can be huge in a close game.
Other bugs?
- Bud getting stuck up during Ripoff (and sometimes during gameplay).
- Getting "free lock" on 2nd multiball under certain conditions results in 2 ball main multiball
- Possible to completely skip hole-in-one challenge if HIO shot on 9th hole starts multiball instead
- Ripoff sometimes not awarding additional ball on captive ball completion (despite playing vocal and lamp effect)
Those are what I've experienced.. I've also heard from multiple sources about a 100M cart attack shot, double-skillshots worth zero, etc. The game is a mess, but still pretty fun.

DAMN YOU STEEEERRRRNN!!!!! Oh...wait.

I've heard of an elusive home rom but it's under lock & key...if anyone has it, they're not sharing.

I haven't kept up with the guy who's doing the code update....I hope it sticks with the music & voices of the original and doesn't redo everything from scratch. NGG has one of my favorite pinball soundtracks.

#75 9 years ago

Yea, despite the bugs, it's still a really fun game. Bought ours brand new (closeout) in 1999, still have it. New code would be great!

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yea, despite the bugs, it's still a really fun game. Bought ours brand new (closeout) in 1999, still have it. New code would be great!

I got mine from the voice of Pac-Man, who probably got it on closeout!

#77 9 years ago

Thanks for the update Stern! I love this machine!

#78 9 years ago

Pretty solid update. Worked out a few bugs and added some new stuff.

The random awards are cool. I like how if you don't get what you want, you can hit the ramp again for another spin.

The extra ball should default to after starting 4 modes, not two. Easy change.

Burnout multiball is a cool new feature.

Scoring is still unbalanced for 5th or 6th gear gearshift multiball. This should be dialed back a bit, especially with the gimme extra ball.

All around nice update ..... one more should finish it off!

#79 9 years ago

Any video of the new code?

#80 9 years ago

Now says page is no longer available. Any ideas? I just got back from vacation and I'm dying to try it.

#81 9 years ago

Great game that cops too much of a bad wrap IMO. Great job Stern. Thinking carefully now about getting a pro version. I've just sold my ST so need to fill a space. ST has the best flow and shots I've played on a stern but the gameplay is still "wood chopping" with no real risk reward shots that I love so I had to say bye to ST. May get it again one day but mustang is looking like a great replacement with that awesome risk reward setup.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Great game that cops too much of a bad wrap IMO. Great job Stern. Thinking carefully now about getting a pro version. I've just sold my ST so need to fill a space. ST has the best flow and shots I've played on a stern but the gameplay is still "wood chopping" with no real risk reward shots that I love so I had to say bye to ST. May get it again one day but mustang is looking like a great replacement with that awesome risk reward setup.

So many dislike it because of the theme. I'm having fun modding and playing my Pro.

#83 9 years ago

does anybody with a le or boss tell me what this means and how it works

- New powershift rule for Boss and LE machines.
- Powershifts awarded from sneak in skill shot and caution targets.
- Hit the center button during a race for a race shot award.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

- Powershifts awarded from sneak in skill shot and caution targets.
- Hit the center button during a race for a race shot award.

The 'Sneak In Skill Shot" is getting the ball into the skill shot target during play not on the plunge. This is do-able and can score 500,000 to 1,700,000 points that I have seen so far. It scores higher ever time it is hit.

The center button is what Stern calls the "Power Button", the one on the lock down bar. I have not loaded the new code yet. Hopefully hitting the Button during a race will light a target to hit, for higher scoring, or finishing the race.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

. . . plus EB being awarded at 2 modes starts...which is ridiculous. It basically guarantees an EB every game.

Big +1 - I suppose the EB difficulty could be adjusted in the settings, but otherwise Stern should correct this on the next (fingers crossed) update.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Big +1 - I suppose the EB difficulty could be adjusted in the settings, but otherwise Stern should correct this on the next (fingers crossed) update.

Feature adjustment # 8. Changing it to 4 seems about right to me.

#87 9 years ago

WOW! New code is great. 360 degree working fine. Lots of extras to learn. Thanks Stern.

#88 9 years ago

Dang I gotta get a drive so I can get the new code. Never updated a code before.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dang I gotta get a drive so I can get the new code. Never updated a code before.

Hurry up there Paul, "Get With the Game", LOL LOL. The update takes almost an eternity,, well 7 to 10 minutes. Find a big enough flash drive, and go for it.

#90 9 years ago

Glad this code update made the mustang owners happy. Sounds like this game has come together nicely code wise, hopefully TWD gets some code love as well.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Hurry up there Paul, "Get With the Game", LOL LOL. The update takes almost an eternity,, well 7 to 10 minutes. Find a big enough flash drive, and go for it.

I know, I know but I'm a Mac guy and this PC is driving me crazy trying to figure out how to do things.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Glad this code update made the mustang owners happy. Sounds like this game has come together nicely code wise, hopefully TWD gets some code love as well.

I have to say thank you Tiger, you and maybe one or two other non Mustang owners have taken the time to send us owners a positive message about our game. It's no wonder Robin made you a mod. If I could give your post more then one thumbs up I would.

#93 9 years ago

Going to have to figure out all of the updates in the next few days

#94 9 years ago

I've been figuring it out in the past few days too, and been having a blast! Other things I've noticed are...
- Increased values in Drag Race mode must be part of the score balancing. I'm sure there are other scoring increases in spots, but this one really stands out. I've noticed it seems I'm getting higher scores.
- The Mystery Ford "progress toward drift" award is huge. It spots a mode. Not completely, but it starts a mode flashing making it easier to complete.
- New explosion type sounds has got me thinking I'm gonna have to upgrade the speakers!
- Haven't done the new Shift skill shot yet... I keep forgetting to go for it! Seems hard though, as getting a clean shot at the targets without hitting the spinner or something else seems impossible.
- And changing the extra ball lit after 4 modes does seem about right (for me).

#95 9 years ago

Got the update and love it! My previous high score was 72 mil and with v1.4 installed I cracked 95 mil right away! Better callouts, more multi-balls and mystery Ford works! Hurray!

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Burnout Multiball is the biggest edition, that plus EB being awarded at 2 modes starts...which is ridiculous. It basically guarantees an EB every game.

Many games have a 95% guaranteed multiball, like AFM.

You count on the EB as part of your strategy.

#97 9 years ago

How are the pop up targets used in the rules?

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Many games have a 95% guaranteed multiball, like AFM.
You count on the EB as part of your strategy.

Once again ,you can change it to what ever you like

#13 extra ball qualifier ,number of races completed or number of races started
#14 number of races to light extra ball 1-6

Great game,people need to have an open mind

#99 9 years ago

Played the new code on location Friday night. Really enjoyed it, love the ability to abort the multiball to go for a higher value multi.

A couple small complaints about the new code, it spits out too many extra balls and the scoring is a little unbalanced with the supers on 6th gear multiball worth 100 mil if doubled.

I don't understand all the hate for this game?

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Once again ,you can change it to what ever you like
#13 extra ball qualifier ,number of races completed or number of races started
#14 number of races to light extra ball 1-6
Great game,people need to have an open mind

I agree, If a "guaranteed" extra ball is really this game breaking issue, then Metallica (what, ~7 captive ball hits on default?) and ST (ooo... 3-4 warp ramp shots?) also suffer from this. So those games are obviously garbage too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mustang-code-140-released/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.