Untitled2.png
Untitled.png
roush.png
cobra 2.png
cobra.png
blue stang.png
Mustang, Lori & Me 1989 at Bills.jpg
image-116.jpg
There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 9 years ago

New Mustang code 1.40 is out for pro, premium, and LE - Mystery Light now works - Enjoy!

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-mustang-boss-premium

Boss premium read me:

V1.40 - October 2, 2014
=======================

- New Burnout multiball. Spelling 1-8-0 lights Burnout multiball.
The sequence of shots in Burnout MB is:
1) Shoot 3 jackpots
2) Shoot bowl to spell BURNOUT -OR- Collect your super JP @ captive ball
3) If you spelled BURNOUT, shoot L.RAMP followed quickly by captive ball for 360 jackpot
4) Pop bumpers relight jackpots.
- New Mystery Ford rule.
- Mystery Ford is lit by completing a race (qualifying race for Silverball Stampede).
- Shoot the bowl to collect an award.
- Awards include: Upgrades, Gears, Multiball, Extra Ball, 3x scoring, progress towards drift
- New SHIFT skill shot.
- Shooting the lit GEARS letter, without making any other switches, gives an award.
- Shooting letter A while the white column is lit awards up to two gears (!).
- Shooting letters G or E while the red column is lit awards points.
- Shooting letters R or S while the blue column is lit awards points.
- New R-P-M Spinner rule.
- Spelling RPM lights RPM spinner scoring.
- Shoot RPM targets to extend RPM spinner scoring.
- Spinner score is based on #upgrades.
- New powershift rule for Boss and LE machines.
- Powershifts awarded from sneak in skill shot and caution targets.
- Hit the center button during a race for a race shot award.
- New Extra ball qualification.
- EB now lights after qualifying two races for drift.
- New speech.
- Score balancing.
- EB now will appear in Toolbox if not enough extra balls are being awarded.
- Fixed new car lamp not always turning on.

#2 9 years ago

Last update ever on this stinker.

#3 9 years ago

Okay, I'm ready to trade my Jackbot for someone's Pro. Let's go.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Okay, I'm ready to trade my Jackbot for someone's Pro. Let's go.

Someone please take Frax up on this so that I can take the machine from him when he gets bored of it

Looking forward to playing this again with new code. Last time I played one was at TPF last year so I've missed a couple of updates. Really liked the game and want to get one some day.

#5 9 years ago

Way to go Stern!

#6 9 years ago

I had a good time playing it when I did.

#7 9 years ago

Loading my boss now,was a ton of fun before this very nice
Update

#8 9 years ago

Excellent!! I thought this game would NEVER be updated at all! So, if you disable the turntable motor, do the MUSTANG letters change automatically now? I'm not home to upgrade the firmware and find out for myself, but I'd love to know!

#9 9 years ago

Any other code update thread an hour and a half old has a few more than seven posts.

#10 9 years ago

I'm quite serious. But I'm not adding cash.

#11 9 years ago

Good news. Need to go find one to play.

#12 9 years ago

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Last update ever

Most likely. Hope its where it needs to be for the owners.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Any other code update thread an hour and a half old has a few more than seven posts.

They should have made Camaro.....then there would be at least 10... ...............Joey

#15 9 years ago

Why is it this game gets no love...???....surely it can't be that bad...!!!.............Joey

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Why is it this game gets no love...???....surely it can't be that bad...!!!.............Joey

Can't be worse than Star Trek.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

really? STLE is 10X the game MustangLE is.

we're a Stern Dist. and we sold a grand total of..... [drumroll please]..... 1 LE.
To a customer that buys every single Stern release.

#18 9 years ago

This is great news. I thought this game was fun before the update. I think this game is very underrated.

#19 9 years ago

I played mustang on location. It was fun.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Here we go.....(Joey sits back with his...)
image-116.jpgimage-116.jpg

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

really? STLE is 10X the game MustangLE is.
we're a Stern Dist. and we sold a grand total of..... [drumroll please]..... 1 LE.
To a customer that buys every single Stern release.

Sounds like I have a Jackbot with your name written all over it.

#22 9 years ago

Some one was paying attention. Thanks!

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from ckorth:

New Mustang code 1.40 is out for pro, premium, and LE - Mystery Light now works - Enjoy!
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-mustang-boss-premium
Boss premium read me:
V1.40 - October 2, 2014
=======================
- New Burnout multiball. Spelling 1-8-0 lights Burnout multiball.
The sequence of shots in Burnout MB is:
1) Shoot 3 jackpots
2) Shoot bowl to spell BURNOUT -OR- Collect your super JP @ captive ball
3) If you spelled BURNOUT, shoot L.RAMP followed quickly by captive ball for 360 jackpot
4) Pop bumpers relight jackpots.
- New Mystery Ford rule.
- Mystery Ford is lit by completing a race (qualifying race for Silverball Stampede).
- Shoot the bowl to collect an award.
- Awards include: Upgrades, Gears, Multiball, Extra Ball, 3x scoring, progress towards drift
- New SHIFT skill shot.
- Shooting the lit GEARS letter, without making any other switches, gives an award.
- Shooting letter A while the white column is lit awards up to two gears (!).
- Shooting letters G or E while the red column is lit awards points.
- Shooting letters R or S while the blue column is lit awards points.
- New R-P-M Spinner rule.
- Spelling RPM lights RPM spinner scoring.
- Shoot RPM targets to extend RPM spinner scoring.
- Spinner score is based on #upgrades.
- New powershift rule for Boss and LE machines.
- Powershifts awarded from sneak in skill shot and caution targets.
- Hit the center button during a race for a race shot award.
- New Extra ball qualification.
- EB now lights after qualifying two races for drift.
- New speech.
- Score balancing.
- EB now will appear in Toolbox if not enough extra balls are being awarded.
- Fixed new car lamp not always turning on.

Wish it was for the Pro also. Hopefully it won't be far behind.

#24 9 years ago

Because the haters all drive Chevy's or Honda's with fart cans. They just can't stand others having fun with Mustang, drives um crazy.

#25 9 years ago

Troll

#26 9 years ago

Depends on your expectations. If you are looking for something different and challenging it's worth a shot. If you are looking for a title that will bout for an "A" contender you'll be disappointed. Not a whole lot to do but even with it's simplicity it can still get the blood going. I love the ability to select when I want to do my MB as a risk motive. I can't wait to play one again. Just bummed there isn't one locally I could dump some change in.

#27 9 years ago

I'm sure Star Trek will get at least one more update.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I'm sure Star Trek will get at least one more update.

ZING!!!!!!

DISCLAIMER: I own a STLE and am not a fan of Mustang at all but that comment was witty...

#29 9 years ago

Yeah and I had such great respect for Captain Kirk too. He has to sink to trolling to boost his Karma points.

#30 9 years ago

how is the new code guys?

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

ZING!!!!!!
DISCLAIMER: I own a STLE and am not a fan of Mustang at all but that comment was witty...

I've had a STLE and 2 different Pro's. Don't miss it at all but I'm glad those that own it are happy. That other guy though seriously needs to quit slobbering all over ST's balls.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Wish it was for the Pro also. Hopefully it won't be far behind.

It is for the pro. Go get it now!

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

It is for the pro. Go get it now!

When I go to the Stern site and click on it I get the message "The page your looking for can not be found or is no longer available.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

When I go to the Stern site and click on it I get the message "The page your looking for can not be found or is no longer available.

It took me a few tries to get it to click on.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Really? I just downloaded it. MTV140.zip. I don't need it, mind you, but just testing.

#36 9 years ago

I think I got it too. 50MB on a thumb drive for breakfast! If I install it now, I might be up all night!!

I'll report on it in the morning....

#37 9 years ago

Mustang rocks,the code update made it even better

#38 9 years ago

GEAR SHIFT MULTIBAWLLLLL

Glad to see the 360 bowl finally got some use. Burnout's bowl rules remind me a bit of the bowl rules in CFTBL. Hopefully it will be stackable with Gear Shift and other modes like Upgrade Fast Scoring and the races.

#39 9 years ago

Nice to see Mustang owners are not forgotten.
Enjoy.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Enjoy.

Agreed; congratulations, assuming the other code versions are posted soonish...

#41 9 years ago

I wonder if "score balancing" is going to lower the value of the super jackpots for Gearshift MB. If it does, it will finally make the game not ALL ABOUT getting a 5th or 6th gear MB. That would make it a much better game for league and tourneys.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Enjoy.

After this I'm afraid they will be.

But there is no sweat, if you like to game that's all that matters. I really enjoy Transformers when I owned mine...and from the looks of it I will probably be getting another one to fill the void it created when it left.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

After this I'm afraid they will be.

What makes you say such a thing? Do you have some insider info or are you just talking out your ass?

#44 9 years ago

Mustang is a tough game with rather short ball times as there aren't many safe shots. And like LOTR_breath said, 5th and 6th gear multiball needs to be balanced more scoring-wise. Hopefully this update addresses some of the (many) bugs too.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Enjoy.

Thank you for your kind post. Why can't others be as nice and wish us well like you. You sir are a gentleman.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What makes you say such a thing? Do you have some insider info or are you just talking out your ass?

We all know Stern doesn't finish or polish code on less than successful titles. WOF, TF, Monopoly, Rollercoaster Tycoon. You can still buy TF NIB after 4 years off the assembly line. Mustang is in stock anywhere you call. You think mustang is gonna be any different ? I'm not talking out of my ass, I'm taking a calculated guess from past experience.

With that said... I do feel bad about people that buy these games and then are left in the dirt with a game that could have been so much more. For this specific Title i think Stern shot themselves in the foot by over promising and under delivering (songs are one of those things).

#47 9 years ago

and that was how many years ago? How do you know to make such a statement as that, Stern may have changed. You yourself just now said it was your "calculated GUESS" but you didn't word it that way in your original statement, you stated it as if it were fact. With today's tech the songs are not a big concern or a deal breaker anymore, everyone knows that and some are already changing out sons to their liking for Mustang. If you don't have the game why are you even posting your crap here? Just leave us Mustang owners alone or is that to difficult for you.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

We all know Stern doesn't finish or polish code on less than successful titles. WOF, TF, Monopoly, Rollercoaster Tycoon. You can still buy TF NIB after 4 years off the assembly line. Mustang is in stock anywhere you call. You think mustang is gonna be any different ? I'm not talking out of my ass, I'm taking a calculated guess from past experience.
With that said... I do feel bad about people that buy these games and then are left in the dirt with a game that could have been so much more. For this specific Title i think Stern shot themselves in the foot by over promising and under delivering (songs are one of those things).

Well, you are giving examples of games that were not made recently, with the exception of TF, which was still 3 years ago. Seems like Stern does a much better job of updating code these days. I don't even see how pins made in 2001 and 2002 are even relevant to how Stern are doing things today.

#49 9 years ago

Ok, Just had 1.4 on my Pro for breakfast!! A few quick observations...

- Mystery car is now there for sure, and tied into the bowl nicely.
- Burnout multiball puts the 180 shot to good use.
- The new voice prompts for when time is running out help a lot.
- Rally Race seems to need more shots to complete.
- The requests for the songs haven't changed and I was able to install my songs easily!

I think 5th & 6th Gear Multiball is fine and the risk/reward is just about right. Having to hit the targets behind the drop targets before the targets reset (causing you to try again) isn't as easy as it seems!

Now back to "testing" before the phone rings and life gets in the way!!

#50 9 years ago

Oh, I don't think getting 5th or 6th gear is easy at all, it's quite difficult. I just wondered if they toned down the SJP at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mustang-code-140-released and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.