Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by BobC
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jungle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a slightly fair comparison, but these products are from two different worlds. Say what you will about PS1 in retrospect, but at the time was unbelievably advanced compared to the other home consoles, had the full weight of Sony marketing behind it, and the launch games were impressive and fun at the time. I played Toshinden, Wipeout, Rayman, and Ridge Racer for hours on end. Plus, it was a $200 console vs. a $10,000 pinball machine. It's much easier to get a solid user base with a console vs. a pinball machine. P3 is going to have a tough time building enough of a user base to attract quality 3rd party support.

The P3 price may be in line with other pinball manufacturers. That's the problem. You are only going to sell to pinball people in the short and medium term and probably long term as well. Who else is going to spend $10,000 ?

#52 9 years ago

I wish this venture all the best and what has already been done technically has to be admired. But playing devil's advocate I don't think it's going to make enough appeal either to the collector , the non-pinhead home owner or the operator.

You can make these games as portable/changeable as you like but you have to get people on location to put money in the machine. This has got difficult over the years. Everything will have to be just right. If people want to pay to play a pinball machine it must be the best of the best in every respect. Anything that is a video game with a ball won't pull in the money.

#56 9 years ago

Very optimistic replies and there's certainly nothing wrong with that. My view is that for the home market non-pinball customers to get sales in the low thousands you would have to be little more than $2000. So if I am right the figure of $10,000 is not just too much but way too much. It's nearly all pinheads that pay current pinball prices. Gerry at the TPF said they are looking to build around 100 machines for the first run. Clearly there aren't many orders from the "outside world "

The bottom line is the pinball community have to like this in a big way for the momentum to be built. They largely gave the thumbs up and their money to JJP. But there are beautiful pinball playfields and toys under the backbox LCD. The P3 hasn't yet got the latter but would need one for operators and that's more money.

#58 9 years ago

Gerry , best of luck with the project. I do believe in the product if all the numbers can be made to add up. Of course it will depend on how many people that didn't ever want a Stern (or JJP ) pinball in their house will want a P3 for at least the same initial outlay.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jungle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-multimorphic-video?tu=jungle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.