• Grave Yard mod 1 vote
    3%
  • Green Mist Ball mod 6 votes
    21%
  • SDTM mod 1 vote
    3%
  • All of them 16 votes
    55%

(Multiple choice - 29 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150208_174458.jpg
image-313.jpg
20150205_155031.jpg
20150205_155139.jpg
20150205_155230.jpg
20150205_172049.jpg
20150205_171937.jpg
20150205_172037.jpg
20150205_172118.jpg
20150205_171935.jpg
20150205_171800.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I purchased a very nice BSD to develop some custom mods for this title and I am looking to see if there's any interest in them for me to offer them to everyone.

I am still figuring out prices for them, but here is a list of what I have came up with and pictures are in the same order

1) Dracula's coffin, red and UV lighting effects.
2) Crave Yard flasher and UV rear lighting to glow this area.
3) Green Mist Ball mod.
4) Straight down the middle lighting.

Most of these will be plug in for installation.... Please post if you are interested in these mods...

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

20150205_171800.jpg20150205_171800.jpg
20150205_171935.jpg20150205_171935.jpg

20150205_172118.jpg20150205_172118.jpg
20150205_172037.jpg20150205_172037.jpg

20150205_171937.jpg20150205_171937.jpg
20150205_172049.jpg20150205_172049.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Here are some videos of the machine in the over all game play, attraction mode, and SDTM mod....

#4 9 years ago

Hello,

I would be interested in 3 and 4, even though they all look pretty sweet to me. Let me know when you start rolling them out. Thanks !

#5 9 years ago

they all sound cool - is the mist mod green lights coming from where the balls exit?

#6 9 years ago

Yes, yes, yes, and yes

#7 9 years ago

i like the green mist lights idea, if you make a plug n play id buy one

#8 9 years ago

Would be very interested in all of these if you are willing to ship overseas.

#9 9 years ago

Amazing lighting effects! I really like the attract light show, very cool interaction. I dig the speaker lights as well.

#10 9 years ago

you need the proto slingshot plastics...!!

#11 9 years ago

These all look good.....dracs coffin has been done before and I have it installed on mine...I like it. The graveyard can be lit up with other LED strips on the market but I do like yours. The green mist ball lighting and STDM lighting have the most potential IMO. The green mist ball lighting is definitely a keeper. With the SDTM lighting it needs to be something other than just white....like a really nice red that lights it up to signal blood/death/end of ball if you drain. I'm sure some other colors would be fun too.

I've always thought the left ramp that loops around the whole PF needed something.....like a small toy to trigger or maybe something on the right side of the ramp as the ball makes its way to the end.....like going through a few bats or sets of draculas teeth as they lit up.

Looks good guys!!

#12 9 years ago

Which speaker led kit is that? Looks good.

#13 9 years ago

does the mist only light when the ball is on the magnet? If so, I'd be in on that.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

does the mist only light when the ball is on the magnet? If so, I'd be in on that.

Looks like it is just tapped into the flasher for mist ball as you can see the green going off at other times during gameplay.

#15 9 years ago

I really like the green mist light! That would be awesome if it only comes on during mist.

#16 9 years ago

I've done all of these mods to my BSD already, except the UV lighting. I don't really like the look of this game with purple lighting, and I'm also not crazy about BSD in all blue. I tied my green mist lighting in to the mist motor, so it only comes on when the motor is running and the mist ball is in action. The green light being on or flashing any other time during game play doesn't look right.

#17 9 years ago

They look pretty cool

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from gtown:

they all sound cool - is the mist mod green lights coming from where the balls exit?

The Green mist lights are the spotlights on the sling shots and shine out towards the pinball when the mode starts. I can also add lighting to where the ball exits as well....

Steve

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

i like the green mist lights idea, if you make a plug n play id buy one

Yes the green mist lighting will be a plug n play mod... as well as all of the others.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

Would be very interested in all of these if you are willing to ship overseas.

Yes, I will have them on my website, Pinball Refinery and will ship overseas

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Amazing lighting effects! I really like the attract light show, very cool interaction. I dig the speaker lights as well.

Thanks Rock for your input and the PM...

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

These all look good.....dracs coffin has been done before and I have it installed on mine...I like it. The graveyard can be lit up with other LED strips on the market but I do like yours. The green mist ball lighting and STDM lighting have the most potential IMO. The green mist ball lighting is definitely a keeper. With the SDTM lighting it needs to be something other than just white....like a really nice red that lights it up to signal blood/death/end of ball if you drain. I'm sure some other colors would be fun too.
I've always thought the left ramp that loops around the whole PF needed something.....like a small toy to trigger or maybe something on the right side of the ramp as the ball makes its way to the end.....like going through a few bats or sets of draculas teeth as they lit up.
Looks good guys!!

Thanks for your input... I am still going to off the coffin with Red and UV lights, it makes the playfield and ramps glow when Dracula talks, it's a cool effect. As for the SDTM lighting I will offer all of the colors when you place your order. I used purple in the video.

Here are a few pictures of what the different colors will look like.

1) Blue
2) Purple
3) White
4) Red

20150205_155230.jpg20150205_155230.jpg
20150205_155139.jpg20150205_155139.jpg
20150205_155031.jpg20150205_155031.jpg

20150208_174458.jpg20150208_174458.jpg

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Which speaker led kit is that? Looks good.

These are some speaker lighting that I did for this machine... Not sure if I will offer them, but I might.

Also this machine has Pinball Pro speakers, so that's why they look a little different, it's the 2 way tweeter that you are seeing in the middle of the picture.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

These are some speaker lighting that I did for this machine... Not sure if I will offer them, but I might.
Also this machine has Pinball Pro speakers, so that's why they look a little different, it's the 2 way tweeter that you are seeing in the middle of the picture.

I'm digging the speaker lights as well.....I haven't seen a product yet for the BSD speakers that light them up so nicely. I have flipper fidelity speaker system in mine...dunno if that would work with the lights but I'd be in for a set of these bad boys if you went ahead and made them.

#25 9 years ago

I'll let you know if I decide to do them... Is anyone else interested in the interactive speaker lighting?

Thanks,

Steve

#26 9 years ago

I would be interested in the speaker lights also.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

I would be interested in the speaker lights also.

Yes + 1more

#28 9 years ago

Could the lamps for Mist be tied into the magnet motor?

#29 9 years ago

Where's the "none of them" choice?!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

yes, it could be similar to the bigfoot spot light mod PBL sells

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I will look into this and let everyone know... It is possible. If so, I will post a new video of what it looks like.

Thanks for your input,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Mrhide:

Well.... I guess the option is not to vote if you are not interested in them. Or I am open to some input.

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Mrhide:

Right here.......

image-313.jpgimage-313.jpg

#34 9 years ago

Super Nice, Steve!

Great Plug and play improvements for BSD!

#35 9 years ago

I would probably be interested in all of these mods.

#36 9 years ago

Id like something tl lite my graveyard up its darknthere

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I added the 4) picture of the red LEDs for the SDTM...

Yes, I rewired the green mist ball mod to the motor, so it's only on when the mist ball mode is, but the downfall is it will be a solder in mod, there's no plug for the motor. I had the light on the camera, it's a lot greener then what the video shows and a cool look to it.

Here's a video of the mist ball...

#38 9 years ago

Yes, I rewired the green mist ball mod to the motor, so it's only on when the mist ball mode is, but the downfall is it will be a solder in mod, there's no plug for the motor. I had the light on the camera, it's a lot greener then what the video shows and a cool look to it.
» YouTube video

So is the mist ball light the spotlight over the left sling or is it installed in the mist ball trough?

#39 9 years ago

Steve - you might want to connect the mist lights to the power for 44 lamp socket that moves with magnet under the playfield. You should be able to tie in before the phone cord looking magnet harness so your wiring doesn't move with the magnet. I think there is a plug for that lamp, which would eliminate the need to solder. Hope this helps.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Steve - you might want to connect the mist lights to the power for 44 lamp socket that moves with magnet under the playfield. You should be able to tie in before the phone cord looking magnet harness so your wiring doesn't move with the magnet. I think there is a plug for that lamp, which would eliminate the need to solder. Hope this helps.

That's where I first had it connected in the machine, but it wasn't very bright. So now I am using the motor circuit to light up the mist ball LEDS and it looks a lot better.... thanks for your your input...

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

So is the mist ball light the spotlight over the left sling or is it installed in the mist ball trough?

I'm using 2 spotlights on the sling shots...

#42 9 years ago

What about a green light mod under the coffin ramp?

Axl

2 months later
#43 9 years ago

Bump !! Hows these mods coming along Steve ?

#44 9 years ago

I should have some time later this week to release them, write the directions, and get them up on the website to be purchased....

Sorry for the delay on making them available,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#45 9 years ago

» YouTube video

I love that you missed the Mist ball, even with the glass off!! Then you missed it again!!

Mod looks awesome. Thanks for the laugh in the video!

#46 9 years ago

These mods are awesome!

Steve did a great job. I actually bought this pin from Steve.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I love that you missed the Mist ball, even with the glass off!! Then you missed it again!!
Mod looks awesome. Thanks for the laugh in the video!

No problem .... It's hard to hold the camera, look at the screen, and roll the pinball around...

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

These mods are awesome!
Steve did a great job. I actually bought this pin from Steve.

That was ONE SWEET BSD machine that you bought from me

Steve
Pinball Refinery

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mods-for-bsd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.