(Topic ID: 171884)

*New Mod* wooden barrel flasher for GOT, POTC, Hobbit ...

By beatmaster

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by beatmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0722 (resized).JPG
IMG_0723 (resized).JPG
IMG_0719 (resized).JPG
IMG_0718 (resized).JPG
IMG_0717 (resized).JPG
IMG_0716 (resized).JPG
IMG_0715 (resized).JPG
Spike socket (resized).JPG
Spike socket3 (resized).JPG
Spike socket2 (resized).JPG
Barrels (resized).JPG
player view (resized).jpg
barrel vs stock (resized).JPG
wooden barrels2 (resized).JPG
wooden barrels (resized).JPG
wooden barrels with leds (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ls1chris.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#26 7 years ago

Installed two on the right side of my hobbit today , will post up pics tomorrow afternoon. They look so great on the machine, easy to form / bend the mount as you see fit. Some work is needed to use these on a hobbit as the connector supplied is a trifurcation style , TH takes a 2 pin molex (I think .93 you will need 2 male per barrel , I re-used the existing 2 pin molex) , the upper right side I had to move from the post mount at the habitrail (they don't clear the habitrail on that mount point) to the post mount just above the right flipper. The lower light you will have to add about 6" to the leads , you could possibly re-route the supply but adding length to the leads was easier for me. I pulled all the fasteners from the plastic so I could route is as best as I could .The lack of reflective material on the inside is a moot point , I see no light loss what so ever . They are very sturdy and well built , I like that black zip ties (x2 per barrel) are included and the leads are also shrink wrapped for a cleaner look than the original vinyl braid . nice addition to any TH, highly recommended mod , quick to ship, great communication. Added bonus for me the spots from TH match exact to my RRWOZ and I will re-purpose them there for a 6 spot enhanced GI.
Chris.

#29 7 years ago

Bob add 6'' and they will be fine , only need 2 black zip tie for the top (right side) 4 black zip ties for top (left side) and 5 white zip ties per side for the bottom ( 2 or 4 spots , is the same as you have to cut 5 per side) leave the molex connector off in a separate bag so the wires can easily pass through the playfield and then the customer can push the MALE .93 pins into the connector ( connector is FEMALE ) i have a .93 extractor so i reused mine, and removing it made it easy to remove the original. polarity is a moot point. if the bulbs don't work, pull the bulb , rotate it 180 and it will work.
left side i removed all the hardware holding the habitrail down to feed the wires for the lower spot. the bracket on the lower spot remove it , flip it around and re-install it on the barrel. it drops the barrel abit into a better position and most importantly the ball will clear the bracket on the habitrail on the way to the kickback, it doesnt clear it they way it comes in the box.
i will post pics after work tonight.
Chris.

#32 7 years ago

IMG_0715 (resized).JPGIMG_0715 (resized).JPG

IMG_0716 (resized).JPGIMG_0716 (resized).JPG

#33 7 years ago

IMG_0717 (resized).JPGIMG_0717 (resized).JPG

IMG_0718 (resized).JPGIMG_0718 (resized).JPG

#34 7 years ago

IMG_0719 (resized).JPGIMG_0719 (resized).JPG

IMG_0723 (resized).JPGIMG_0723 (resized).JPG

IMG_0722 (resized).JPGIMG_0722 (resized).JPG

#35 7 years ago

The lower barrel on the right I am going to remove it and flip the bracket I like the way it sits with it flipped like on the left , the upper right one I am going to get a 3/4 metal thread post to lift it a bit higher

#36 7 years ago

First pic just shows the wire lengths vs the mod length

#38 7 years ago

Last post I promise !! U would not believe how loose all the hex posts holding the habitrails were and it not from playing I have maybe 25 plays on my machine, who ever installs those needs a gym membership , the post supporting the left habitrail under the divertor was only on 2 turns.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ls1chris.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-wooden-barrel-flasher-for-got-potc-hobbit?tu=ls1chris and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.