(Topic ID: 171884)

*New Mod* wooden barrel flasher for GOT, POTC, Hobbit ...

By beatmaster

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by beatmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0722 (resized).JPG
IMG_0723 (resized).JPG
IMG_0719 (resized).JPG
IMG_0718 (resized).JPG
IMG_0717 (resized).JPG
IMG_0716 (resized).JPG
IMG_0715 (resized).JPG
Spike socket (resized).JPG
Spike socket3 (resized).JPG
Spike socket2 (resized).JPG
Barrels (resized).JPG
player view (resized).jpg
barrel vs stock (resized).JPG
wooden barrels2 (resized).JPG
wooden barrels (resized).JPG
wooden barrels with leds (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - for sale

*New Mod* wooden barrel flasher for GOT, POTC, Hobbit ...

Added: 2016-10-23 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (January 17th, 2017) • Ended: March 9th, 2017
Condition: New (selling multiple, business)

Price

$ 49 (Firm)

Price is firm

Wooden barrel flasher version 2.0 (a darker version)
replace your simple flasher socket with this mod.
This is real wood, hand made and stained for an older authentic look.
a perfect fit.

installed here in game of thrones.
will fit any medieval theme.
The Hobbit
Lord Of The rings
Pirates of the Caribbean
and more

15 minutes installation for both.
socket already mounted inside the barrel, comes with bracket and plug. this is plug and play, just swap your bulb.

sold as a set / 2 wooden barrels.
$49.00 usd
$15.00 for shipping (for 2 barrels)
international pm me.

Item photos

wooden barrels2 (resized).JPG
wooden barrels (resized).JPG
wooden barrels with leds (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are beatmaster's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to beatmaster's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

beauharnois, CA

#2 7 years ago

made the first version of this mod about 10 months ago.
finally made a darker version.

some arguments was about wooden barrels in Game Of Thrones, some said wild fire was only in a glass jar.
no doubt, large quantities of wild fire was in barrels, in season 6 (see pictures from the tv show).
trying to match the ones in the tv show by going a lot darker and they fit perfectly in the game.

already sold a few for the hobbit and POTC.
will fit in any medieval theme.

super easy installation:

just remove the stock ones, install the new ones and swap your bulb, here in the pictures i used green leds (regular 6.3 works great).
green flasher for spike are also available from some distributors like cointakers.

selling at the same price $49 for a set + $15 for shipping.
as of right now i have a few sets ready for shipping.

thanks everyone, bob.

game of thrones wild fire wooden barrel (resized).pnggame of thrones wild fire wooden barrel (resized).png

gameof thrones wild fire wooden barrel. (resized).pnggameof thrones wild fire wooden barrel. (resized).png

wooden barrels with leds (resized).JPGwooden barrels with leds (resized).JPG

wooden barrels (resized).JPGwooden barrels (resized).JPG

wooden barrels2 (resized).JPGwooden barrels2 (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago

barrel compare to stock socket and player view.

barrel vs stock (resized).JPGbarrel vs stock (resized).JPG

player view (resized).jpgplayer view (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

These looks great! Nice work!

#5 7 years ago

I'll pm you after I get home and do some counting.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

These looks great! Nice work!

thank you, pictures doesn't do justice, looks great in the game.

#7 7 years ago

only 6 sets (set =2 barrels) left from this batch.

#9 7 years ago

Anybody have pic's installed in a Hobbit?

#10 7 years ago

i sold about 8 for the hobbit, unfortunately they never took pictures, i'd like to see myself.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i sold about 8 for the hobbit, unfortunately they never took pictures, i'd like to see myself.

I'll post some when I get mine installed. Will be a week or two though, maybe someone who already has it can share faster!

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I'll post some when I get mine installed. Will be a week or two though, maybe someone who already has it can share faster!

that'd be cool, thanks.

#14 7 years ago

getting ready for another batch.

Barrels (resized).JPGBarrels (resized).JPG

#15 7 years ago

Great little mod beatmaster, literally yesterday I said in a GB thread spotlight/flasher cover mods would be great and these prove my point

If anyone buys these for a POTC could you please post images? Thanks in advance.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Great little mod beatmaster, literally yesterday I said in a GB thread spotlight/flasher cover mods would be great and these prove my point
If anyone buys these for a POTC could you please post images? Thanks in advance.

thanks.

i sold a few when i made the first batch a few months ago, they don't always tell me for which game so maybe there's a few outhere.
one thing for sure pirate theme and barrels goes well together.

#17 7 years ago

You can also go to a hobby store like hobby lobby,michaels and buy these small wooden barrels for $2.99 for 2 and make yourself

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from brokenticker:

You can also go to a hobby store like hobby lobby,michaels and buy these small wooden barrels for $2.99 for 2 and make yourself

lol, thanks... first post since january 23rd.

don't forget, the socket, the wires, the bracket, the plug, shrink tubbing, screws, stain them and of course time means nothing, and the barrels are not the same.

1 week later
#19 7 years ago

list is done.

9 sets left and ready for shipping.
no hassle, plug and play and much better than simple sockets.

thanks everyone, bob.

#20 7 years ago

Still hoping to see some mounted on a Hobbit. A few of my spotlights are below/touching metal wire forms, no way they would fit. Id like to see what people have done.

#21 7 years ago

Would love to see these on a POTC if anyone has brought a set for their game please post pics.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Still hoping to see some mounted on a Hobbit. A few of my spotlights are below/touching metal wire forms, no way they would fit. Id like to see what people have done.

sold a few to a hobbit owner, we should see pics very soon.

also, you could relocate your spotlights.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I'm going to be installing mine later this week and will share pictures. I do think all four can be replaced but I may only do two of them, depends on how they look. The mounts are bendable and the footprint of the barrels is roughly the same as the spotlights. I think it's more an issue of if they'll actually look good in those spots or if they'll look strange.

The barrels lack the reflective surface inside so I think they'll put out less light overall. I might try lining the inside with some foil to compensate. I'm probably going to play around with the bulbs too.

They are really neat looking though and feel professionally made. I'll try to post pics hopefully before Thanksgiving!

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

The barrels lack the reflective surface inside so I think they'll put out less light overall. I might try lining the inside with some foil to compensate. I'm probably going to play around with the bulbs too.
They are really neat looking though and feel professionally made. I'll try to post pics hopefully before Thanksgiving!

actually on GOT the sockets are pretty much useless since the bulb/flasher is sticking outside of the socket (see pictures).
i like the fact that the barrel act as a canon, shooting light out of it. i have a regular (green) 6.3v light bulb inside and the effect is still very nice.
but yes, more reflections the better but won't change anything in GOT.

Spike socket2 (resized).JPGSpike socket2 (resized).JPG
Spike socket3 (resized).JPGSpike socket3 (resized).JPG
Spike socket (resized).JPGSpike socket (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#26 7 years ago

Installed two on the right side of my hobbit today , will post up pics tomorrow afternoon. They look so great on the machine, easy to form / bend the mount as you see fit. Some work is needed to use these on a hobbit as the connector supplied is a trifurcation style , TH takes a 2 pin molex (I think .93 you will need 2 male per barrel , I re-used the existing 2 pin molex) , the upper right side I had to move from the post mount at the habitrail (they don't clear the habitrail on that mount point) to the post mount just above the right flipper. The lower light you will have to add about 6" to the leads , you could possibly re-route the supply but adding length to the leads was easier for me. I pulled all the fasteners from the plastic so I could route is as best as I could .The lack of reflective material on the inside is a moot point , I see no light loss what so ever . They are very sturdy and well built , I like that black zip ties (x2 per barrel) are included and the leads are also shrink wrapped for a cleaner look than the original vinyl braid . nice addition to any TH, highly recommended mod , quick to ship, great communication. Added bonus for me the spots from TH match exact to my RRWOZ and I will re-purpose them there for a 6 spot enhanced GI.
Chris.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

Installed two on the right side of my hobbit today , will post up pics tomorrow afternoon. They look so great on the machine, easy to form / bend the mount as you see fit. Some work is needed to use these on a hobbit as the connector supplied is a trifurcation style , TH takes a 2 pin molex (I think .93 you will need 2 male per barrel , I re-used the existing 2 pin molex) , the upper right side I had to move from the post mount at the habitrail (they don't clear the habitrail on that mount point) to the post mount just above the right flipper. The lower light you will have to add about 6" to the leads , you could possibly re-route the supply but adding length to the leads was easier for me. I pulled all the fasteners from the plastic so I could route is as best as I could .The lack of reflective material on the inside is a moot point , I see no light loss what so ever . They are very sturdy and well built , I like that black zip ties (x2 per barrel) are included and the leads are also shrink wrapped for a cleaner look than the original vinyl braid . nice addition to any TH, highly recommended mod , quick to ship, great communication. Added bonus for me the spots from TH match exact to my RRWOZ and I will re-purpose them there for a 6 spot enhanced GI.
Chris.

Bummer that we have to change the connector and re-wire for TH. I ordered and received them too. Just have not got my pin in the basement to put them on yet.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

Chris.

thanks for your post.

see this is what i need guys, i sold so many for the hobbit and nobody said anything about the connector or wires length (sorry don't own the game).
i can put any connectors at the end of the wires, just need to know, maybe the other customers didn't mind.

i'd appreciate if you could post picture of that connector and how long the wires need to be.

if i can help anyone i'd be happy to do so.

as for any stern outhere, i can confirm the existing connector is fine.

bob.

#29 7 years ago

Bob add 6'' and they will be fine , only need 2 black zip tie for the top (right side) 4 black zip ties for top (left side) and 5 white zip ties per side for the bottom ( 2 or 4 spots , is the same as you have to cut 5 per side) leave the molex connector off in a separate bag so the wires can easily pass through the playfield and then the customer can push the MALE .93 pins into the connector ( connector is FEMALE ) i have a .93 extractor so i reused mine, and removing it made it easy to remove the original. polarity is a moot point. if the bulbs don't work, pull the bulb , rotate it 180 and it will work.
left side i removed all the hardware holding the habitrail down to feed the wires for the lower spot. the bracket on the lower spot remove it , flip it around and re-install it on the barrel. it drops the barrel abit into a better position and most importantly the ball will clear the bracket on the habitrail on the way to the kickback, it doesnt clear it they way it comes in the box.
i will post pics after work tonight.
Chris.

#30 7 years ago

Waiting for hobbit pictures please.

#31 7 years ago

I'm also waiting on the hobbit pictures..

#32 7 years ago

IMG_0715 (resized).JPGIMG_0715 (resized).JPG

IMG_0716 (resized).JPGIMG_0716 (resized).JPG

#33 7 years ago

IMG_0717 (resized).JPGIMG_0717 (resized).JPG

IMG_0718 (resized).JPGIMG_0718 (resized).JPG

#34 7 years ago

IMG_0719 (resized).JPGIMG_0719 (resized).JPG

IMG_0723 (resized).JPGIMG_0723 (resized).JPG

IMG_0722 (resized).JPGIMG_0722 (resized).JPG

#35 7 years ago

The lower barrel on the right I am going to remove it and flip the bracket I like the way it sits with it flipped like on the left , the upper right one I am going to get a 3/4 metal thread post to lift it a bit higher

#36 7 years ago

First pic just shows the wire lengths vs the mod length

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

The lower barrel on the right I am going to remove it and flip the bracket I like the way it sits with it flipped like on the left , the upper right one I am going to get a 3/4 metal thread post to lift it a bit higher

Looks great,
come do mine now,I only have two barrels. might need some more.

#38 7 years ago

Last post I promise !! U would not believe how loose all the hex posts holding the habitrails were and it not from playing I have maybe 25 plays on my machine, who ever installs those needs a gym membership , the post supporting the left habitrail under the divertor was only on 2 turns.

#39 7 years ago

thanks for the pics chris.

so now i know, finally.
from now on every barrel for the hobbit will come with the right connector, plug won't be installed for easy installation, just slide the 2 pins inside the plug when done.
will also add 6 more inches to the wires.

*** in a week or two i'll try to built another 6-8 sets *** more after the holidays.

thanks, bob.

#40 7 years ago

Every time I see real photos of The Hobbit I'm reminded how beautiful that game is, barrels look awesome in the game too really fit the look and theme! Anyone installed these in a POTC would be great to see pics!

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

thanks for the pics chris.
so now i know, finally.
from now on every barrel for the hobbit will come with the right connector, plug won't be installed for easy installation, just slide the 2 pins inside the plug when done.
will also add 6 more inches to the wires.
*** in a week or two i'll try to built another 6-8 sets *** more after the holidays.
thanks, bob.

Maybe I'll re-order some that are made specifically for TH and try to sell the other ones (NIB) ...

Anyone want a set (a pair) that is going to the "Toys for Tots" shindig at the VFW in MI on Saturday? If so, I will sell them at cost to wait for the TH version.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Maybe I'll re-order some that are made specifically for TH and try to sell the other ones (NIB) ...
Anyone want a set (a pair) that is going to the "Toys for Tots" shindig at the VFW in MI on Saturday? If so, I will sell them at cost to wait for the TH version.

pm sent.

#43 7 years ago

I bought mine a long time ago knowing I was using them on Hobbit as well.
still in the box cause I didn't know how to hook them up.

I guess I'll be getting the other ones to.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I bought mine a long time ago knowing I was using them on Hobbit as well.
still in the box cause I didn't know how to hook them up.
I guess I'll be getting the other ones to.

seems like the only difference is the connector at the end of the wires. looks like jjp and stern are not the same.
nobody said anything about it when i did the first batch months ago but like i said if i can help i'd be happy to do so.

pm sent.

2 weeks later
#45 7 years ago

Very nice mod you made for this game!!

Since a long period of time i have a great mod in my head for this game, and perhaps once a day i will realize it. Or some special collectors are interested to get a special pinball, pinball & artwork for her home, who knows.......

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from brokenticker:

Why do you come on someones sales thread and post this? What an ASS!!

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from specialpinball:

Very nice mod you made for this game!!
Since a long period of time i have a great mod in my head for this game, and perhaps once a day i will realize it. Or some special collectors are interested to get a special pinball, pinball & artwork for her home, who knows.......

thanks.

let's see that beautiful game.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Why do you come on someones sales thread and post this? What an ASS!!

no worries paul.
with all the parts and time, it's not even close.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-wooden-barrel-flasher-for-got-potc-hobbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.