7E983BC6-C31E-48C8-A6C6-5C8A7F9D4539 (resized).png
C21E73C1928420EFE49350C3977B93E1 (resized).jpg
158639739_3687172278045047_3030153382037794031_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20210308_193723671 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210308_193742522 (resized).jpg
C6FD8B51-55A2-472B-93DA-63658BBDA8FD (resized).jpeg
3AE1D9D9-F184-48A3-849A-9FF12CEC530B (resized).jpeg
million (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

Like what I am seeing! I would be in on this kit for sure.

3 weeks later
#214 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Good morning all!
Happy Monday, the coffee's on and we're ready for business. The last part for the first batch (the plastic impact shields) are set to arrive this week, so the assembly process begins.
As previously mentioned in my commitment, I'll reach out to the first buyers and arrange shipping/payment. Anyone who has experienced a change of heart or backed out for any other reason, we'll just move on down the list.
Time to get these things into your hands and into your games!
-- Jimmy

Hell Yeah this looks Awesome!!!!! TZ hasn't had a major facelift since HEP worked his magic this will be perfect!

#216 3 years ago

Paid and Excited to tear into TZ again for this amazing mod! Bravo well done. I Sincerely hope this is successful as there are Sooo many other titles this would work on. Thanks.

1 week later
#232 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Well, it feels good to ship! The first units have been sent to the post office. A bit later than I had hoped from our initial announcement (33 days ago), but they're rolling out nonetheless.
The USPS finally delivered my large board game flat rate boxes (after about 60 days), so I'm trying those out. Everything is packed tightly with no movement when jostled. We generally eat the cost of insuring the package for full value, but it allows us to quickly make things right in the event that something goes wrong.
Production update:
My current CNC can route about 5 of these per hour, but we're partnering with another company to use their 5x10' CNC so we can CNC 10 or more at a time. There are seven more units going through final painting now and then headed to assembly. So the next set of customers will be contacted and we'll get those out the door!
Thank you all for your patience and enthusiasm!
-- Jimmy

Wow that’s record speed for a mod of this caliber! That’s only 4 years sooner then the similar Creature video mod still in imaginary process lol. Congrats!

#283 3 years ago

I have set aside my Saturday to christen this Beautiful mod install on our HEP TZ. This kit is amazing and cannot wait to see it in all its glory. Well done sir!!!

#295 3 years ago

Let this day be known as the day the 2020 TWIPY Mod of the year was born! Simply WOW. Sorry due to my own delays (chores) I wanted to have this done on Saturday but alas not in the cards. Installed today and Amazing is all that can be said. The build quality and simplicity of this mod are incredible. After reading the well documented instructions the install took Maybe 20 minutes. Everything even for the most novice modder was plug and play. Professional boards and electronics fit seamlessly with little if any permanent modifications. Take your TZ to the 4th Dimension with this incredible transforming upgrade! Only warning, if your on the fence Get on the list NOW as I suspect when this mod gets out it will go viral no joke. Amazing seller/creator, finally an upgrade worthy of value added change. (Innovation) I showed a Few game play images but tried Not to show them all as that to me is part of the amazing experience and I would hate to spoil that for anyone. I can answer any specific questions and Note I am Not a sponsor or linked to this mod simply a lucky and very impressed buyer. Well done Jimmy, you should take a bow on this one! With that said, as kind of said in Jaws, your going to need a Bigger Counter! Your going to be making a LOT of these! lol FYI, sorry about the lighting. I had the work lights on to get pictures. In a gameroom setting the HD animation simply explodes across the back.

IMG_5969 (resized).jpgIMG_5969 (resized).jpgIMG_5972 (resized).jpgIMG_5972 (resized).jpgIMG_5983 (resized).jpgIMG_5983 (resized).jpgIMG_5986 (resized).jpgIMG_5986 (resized).jpgIMG_5988 (resized).jpgIMG_5988 (resized).jpgIMG_5989 (resized).jpgIMG_5989 (resized).jpgIMG_5990 (resized).jpgIMG_5990 (resized).jpgIMG_5991 (resized).jpgIMG_5991 (resized).jpg

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Allright cool cats and kittens, the inside cab decals are up for sale!
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=161
Thanks for eveyone's feedback and suggestions. This is somewhat of a soft product launch, and I have no stock at the moment so it will take me a couple days to get some quatities made up so don't expect our usual lightning fast shipping.
Also, I don't want to hijack compy's thread too much here... although he says it's fine.
If you have any specific questions hit up the "Contact Us" link on our website: https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=information/contact

Those look awesome! Do remove the Harley image associated to minimize confusion.

#302 3 years ago

Great now I need to get a list of rubbers to get my Titan order in. Well done.

#308 3 years ago

I found the first issue with this mod. I can’t stop Staring at it while I play dammit! Lol.

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Got my display in the game. I am in the middle of a full tear down so I can only view it in test mode. I did enjoy the few screens that came up.
Installing was very easy. Only thing I did different was on the left side where the L bracket mounts, it was touching the light socket. I drilled a small pilot hole about 1/2 inch over and moved it.
[quoted image]

Same feedback I provided. Don’t use the existing likely worn holes as they interfere with the GI plus the new wood mount 1” in makes it stronger. Simple adjustment and will continue to get better. Loving this creation!

#368 3 years ago

Based on how Awesome this mod is I Think your going to need More brackets!!

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Also, a huge HUGE thanks to Eric at Alumagraphics for the fantastic turnaround on these brackets. He was helpful at every single step of the way and even contributed his own ideas on how to make things a bit easier for all of you.
(He also owns Titan Pinball, so if you ever need anything, hit them up! Exceptional parts and service!)

Awesome continued improvement, always a Great sign of a great developer! And Titan Pinball is AWESOME always and my Only go to for the best in rubber!

1 week later
#416 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Another 12 headed into final testing and then packing/out the door. Thankfully my wife, Alana, is inspecting each unit to make sure everything is being packed that needs to be packed.
[quoted image]
The next batch will be contacted this weekend/early next week and we'll keep 'em rolling. Our EU distributor has (rightfully) requested a hold on all UK bound shipments while we assess the fees/duties being levied to EU/UK customers. We're batching those orders up together, so some of you will get your units a tad earlier compared to where you were originally, and some will have to wait, but ultimately it'll save you a decent chunk of change. Your spots are secure on the list still.
We're also working to establish distributions in Canada as well as the Eastern US as we farm more assembly out to contract manufacturers and ultimately scale.
More updates and new site launching soon!
-- Jimmy

Couldn't help but notice Alana moved your business from the kitchen to the Garage! lol Keep em coming there will be a long line for this great product.

1 week later
#461 3 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Just wrote you in as best mod of the year on the twippys.you guys gotta win this bad boy.its a game changer

No doubt! And more exciting is he is planning to Further support other titles for even more awesomeness!

#463 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Stark and Pepper tested each and every display/board, and the holiday batch has shipped! The next round of customers are being contacted as we go grab more wood for the CNC!
Thank you again to everyone who voted us Mod of the Year in the preliminary TWIPY vote! From me, Alana, Stark and Pepper, we're all humbled! We put a lot of love and thought into our products, and we're excited to share even more with you!
-- Jimmy

Thank You! Let's hope they are not leg lifters.....

4 weeks later
#496 3 years ago

Hands down this creative mod got our vote of the year. From design, integration, build, code, support it’s the only choice. Consider showing #Compy the support he deserves and earned!

Vote for 86Pixels TZ!
https://twipys.com/

#510 3 years ago

I Soooo need to be in that CFTBL list! Finally this mod will Actually see the light of day again.

#515 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Out they go, and more wood hitting the CNC now!
[quoted image]
We'll have an update on the Creech mod here shortly. Thank you for the somewhat absurd and overwhelming level of support. We love you all!
-- Jimmy

Ok do tell..... mama kicked you out of the kitchen to the garage and now there are do not cross lines there also lol? Good thing you don’t have a dog house.

#538 3 years ago

Just a thought to Motivate Jimmy to keep up the Awesome work and Exciting new products like CFTBL. Give him your vote so he gets a trophy he certainly Earned for creating these now and future amazing improvements!!! He can look on his shiny trophy of appreciation while he cranks out CFTBL to the Masses!!

Vote for 86Pixels TZ Display Mod!

https://twipys.com

1 week later
#581 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I absolutely need this mod in my life, TZ is my favorite pin of all time!
Please put me on the list for this. So sick. Awesome job. I didn't read the entire thread, but hopefully it's a pretty easy install. Thanks man.

Easy to install and worth it!

1 month later
#662 3 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Is this capable of running dual displays? I have a mod to this mod I'm considering.
I have a shitty playfield and I've always loved the game but the door in the playfield has always looked like a poor design to me. Im considering cutting out the door and doing a CFTBL esque setup where there would be a display there instead. Compys method of triggering the display should work well here. I know I'll get a ton of shit for even thinking about this but the playfield sucks anyways so nothing will be lost.

Wow that would look cool! Especially if you did it similar to the Alien playfield monitor. Love to see you pull this off.

5 months later
#748 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Finally received my unit ( not Compy fault, a friend was packing up stuff for me in the US before shipment to save on shipping cost, so I waited a few months before shipping to me)
Anyway, I noticed there is a 3A 12V PSU, seems rather high, has anyone tested powering the mod from J118 (which has both 5V and 12V)? Granted, I already have a Pin2dmd connected there, so not sure it will sustain the load, but I don't think my TZ has the power outlet (I'm not at home right now)
Cheers

Not sure I would recommend that as the TZ boards are already taxed. Just use a power outlet for the 3 amps as suggested.

1 month later
#755 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Is the TZ monitor also moving to IPS like the Tron monitor? I’m 6’4” and the wife is 5’5” so it would be hard to find the perfect angle with a TN monitor.

Problem solved! Love this mod. Can’t wait to see what’s coming.

E15B2195-E1B0-4CCC-8AA3-2D754FEA6436 (resized).jpegE15B2195-E1B0-4CCC-8AA3-2D754FEA6436 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 14.95
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 132.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.