7E983BC6-C31E-48C8-A6C6-5C8A7F9D4539 (resized).png
C21E73C1928420EFE49350C3977B93E1 (resized).jpg
158639739_3687172278045047_3030153382037794031_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20210308_193723671 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210308_193742522 (resized).jpg
C6FD8B51-55A2-472B-93DA-63658BBDA8FD (resized).jpeg
3AE1D9D9-F184-48A3-849A-9FF12CEC530B (resized).jpeg
million (resized).png
There are 801 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 17.
#401 3 years ago

Good morning all, happy Saturday!

A small engineering update for you. We're blasting through the order list. We're doing about 15 units per week and still ramping up. Some questions and responses/plans of action for people in the last batch:

1. "I had some screws rolling around in my box because the anti-static bag came open"
-- Yeah, sorry about that! We had a shortage of the ones we usually use, so we now have on hand over 1000 from ULINE and my wife is packing those materials so we can make sure they're done right!

2. "I'm concerned about micro scratches from the packing material on the plastics"
-- A very valid concern indeed! We're now shipping all plastic impact shields (clear or starry sky) with protective film on the front. Yes, it's one extra step for the new owner to remove the film (just peel it off), but you get that satisfaction of new plastic smell! (Don't breathe it in too heavily...). As always, if something isn't right, we'll make it right!

3. "I didn't order a starry sky plastic with my unit, or they weren't out yet at the time, can I get one?"
-- Absolutely. If you want one, just shoot us a PM and we'll get you one. They're $25 just to cover our costs.

----------
Business update:
We're hard at work getting mods out the door and well into games 2 and 3. We'll have announcements there shortly. We're getting in shipments of parts and making our way through the software development and testing processes. We've also got video content beginning to flow in for those! It's exciting, and stay tuned. We'll post each game announcement in a separate thread, but we'll link it here.

Now, you might notice that we're invoicing through Stripe (our payment processor) and not necessarily on the Pinside marketplace. The invoicing process through stripe links it to our ecommerce shop (which we will be launching over the next few weeks along with Pinside marketplace listings), and it also lets us control the backordering process. However we would not be where we are today without Pinside and what robin and team are doing. We believe in doing our part, so we've just sent in a Pinside donation for 5% of our total sales (which is their take on the Marketplace). We will continue to do this for each unit we sell to a user who found us on Pinside.

Thank you for all you do robin - The engineer in me is constantly amazed at the improvements and features you've rolled into such a large and custom forum experience.

-- Jimmy

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I'd love to have something like this for my Monster Bash.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The problem with MB is that the back panel already has some pretty great art on it.

This mod would be great for a lot of games that have plain back panels, but not very good for Monster Bash.

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

This mod would be great for a lot of games that have plain back panels, but not very good for Monster Bash.

Well, the back panel of MB is really only a big static piece of screened plastic. It's hardly very exciting.

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Heya,
I am humbled by this. Thank you so much for the nice feedback. I'm always striving to make great mods, and I appreciate your patience as an early adopter. Definitely working out some kinks in the installation/shipping process, but each batch just gets better and better.
I can't wait for you guys to see the next game!
-- Jimmy

Well, tell us damnit

#405 3 years ago

TWILIGHT ZONE PINBALL : 86 PIXELS PINVISION BACKBOARD DISPLAY PANEL : REVIEW AND INSTALLATION VIDEO

Recently I just installed a new mod for my Twilight Zone pinball machine created by Jimmy Lipham from 86 Pixels. The mod is called the Pinvision Backboard Display Panel. The mod is a display panel that replaces the static black piece of wood that attaches to the back of your playfield in the game. The display panel shows animations of images that correspond to modes and rules within the game.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2020/11/14/mods-twilight-zone-pinball-86-pixels-pinvision-backboard-display-panel-review-and-installation-video/

YouTube Video :

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpgTitle (resized).jpgTitle (resized).jpg
#406 3 years ago

this is so impressive....

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

...However we would not be where we are today without Pinside and what robin and team are doing. We believe in doing our part, so we've just sent in a Pinside donation for 5% of our total sales (which is their take on the Marketplace). We will continue to do this for each unit we sell to a user who found us on Pinside.
Thank you for all you do robin - The engineer in me is constantly amazed at the improvements and features you've rolled into such a large and custom forum experience.
-- Jimmy

Jimmy, you’re a class act through and through.

#408 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Jimmy, you’re a class act through and through.

I second that!!!!

#410 3 years ago

That looks great and I can't wait to get mine!!

#411 3 years ago

Sent you a PM to be added to the list. I should be number 1047 at this point. Willing to wait. Beautiful mod. Looking forward to other releases.

#412 3 years ago

Jimmy mine looks great--I have the mini TV mod which was already on the back board. I moved the mini to the right corner and velcro'd it on. Seems to be a good solution

#413 3 years ago
Quoted from joediver:

That looks great and I can't wait to get mine!!

You're coming up here before long!

Quoted from komodo:

Sent you a PM to be added to the list. I should be number 1047 at this point. Willing to wait. Beautiful mod. Looking forward to other releases.

Gotcha on the list! Welcome to the club, I'll shoot you a PM with some details

Quoted from Blakester:

Jimmy mine looks great--I have the mini TV mod which was already on the back board. I moved the mini to the right corner and velcro'd it on. Seems to be a good solution

Soooo many TVs.... you have to post a pic! The placement/cooperation of this mod with so many others available is definitely something I've been curious about!

#414 3 years ago

Another 12 headed into final testing and then packing/out the door. Thankfully my wife, Alana, is inspecting each unit to make sure everything is being packed that needs to be packed.

IMG_20201119_213331 (resized).jpgIMG_20201119_213331 (resized).jpg

The next batch will be contacted this weekend/early next week and we'll keep 'em rolling. Our EU distributor has (rightfully) requested a hold on all UK bound shipments while we assess the fees/duties being levied to EU/UK customers. We're batching those orders up together, so some of you will get your units a tad earlier compared to where you were originally, and some will have to wait, but ultimately it'll save you a decent chunk of change. Your spots are secure on the list still.

We're also working to establish distributions in Canada as well as the Eastern US as we farm more assembly out to contract manufacturers and ultimately scale.

More updates and new site launching soon!

-- Jimmy

#415 3 years ago

Wow. That looks awesome.
Can't wait to be contacted when my spot comes up.

#416 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Another 12 headed into final testing and then packing/out the door. Thankfully my wife, Alana, is inspecting each unit to make sure everything is being packed that needs to be packed.
[quoted image]
The next batch will be contacted this weekend/early next week and we'll keep 'em rolling. Our EU distributor has (rightfully) requested a hold on all UK bound shipments while we assess the fees/duties being levied to EU/UK customers. We're batching those orders up together, so some of you will get your units a tad earlier compared to where you were originally, and some will have to wait, but ultimately it'll save you a decent chunk of change. Your spots are secure on the list still.
We're also working to establish distributions in Canada as well as the Eastern US as we farm more assembly out to contract manufacturers and ultimately scale.
More updates and new site launching soon!
-- Jimmy

Couldn't help but notice Alana moved your business from the kitchen to the Garage! lol Keep em coming there will be a long line for this great product.

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Couldn't help but notice Alana moved your business from the kitchen to the Garage! lol Keep em coming there will be a long line for this great product.

Haha nice pickup - that's gold!!!

#418 3 years ago

Looks good as usual, patiently waiting.

#419 3 years ago

Hi,

Put me on the list please

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Hi,
Put me on the list please

Gotcha! Sending details in PM!

#421 3 years ago

Anybody know how to obtain the decal that goes around the display?

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from jsalce:

Anybody know how to obtain the decal that goes around the display?

Good evening!

Sorry I think I missed your DM. We sell these for $25 as an add-on at the time the unit is built. I think since you were in the first batch, it was before we were really doing these. If you're interested, I can take care of that. The artwork is reverse printed digitally onto the plastic.

#423 3 years ago

Please put me on the list.
Thanks!

#424 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Gotcha! Sending details in PM!

Hi Compy, never received details, only that my lot should be around in a week or so. Did I miss something? Happy to pay $$$

Etienne

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Hi Compy, never received details, only that my lot should be around in a week or so. Did I miss something? Happy to pay $$$
Etienne

Good morning/evening Etienne,

You're still on track to have your mod assembled in next week's batch. We don't reach out until your parts are in and your mod is ready to assemble. Since you're in France, we'll likely ship DHL to get it to you in a reasonable/safe manner.

Expect to hear from me next week, goodsir.

Quoted from marioparty34:

Please put me on the list.
Thanks!

You're in!

#426 3 years ago

My TZ is bolted to my floor forever. Please add me to the list! Someone was mentioning other plastics/ mods for TZ that you offer as well?

#427 3 years ago
Quoted from LocutusOfBorg:

My TZ is bolted to my floor forever. Please add me to the list! Someone was mentioning other plastics/ mods for TZ that you offer as well?

Heya,

I've got you on the list based on when you first reached out! You're at #133. Being that you're in Canada, we'll likely ship DHL just due to speed/cost. We don't offer a ton of other mods for TZ (yet), but for this product we offer:
1. An upgraded impact shield plastic for the front of the panel that has stars printed on it
2. We partnered with Titan Pinball to offer a series of art blades for the cabinet that match the display, and are quite a bit more subtle than what you might usually see. (Pictures of both attached) -- product link: https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63&product_id=161

starry sky (resized).jpgstarry sky (resized).jpgstarry sky 2 (resized).jpgstarry sky 2 (resized).jpg
#428 3 years ago

Thinking about putting one of these in my DW. The hype is real. Dude, you’ve knocked this out of the park!

#429 3 years ago

love your work Jimmy!!! kudos, you're pretty amazing.

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from ParisPinballAdct:

love your work Jimmy!!! kudos, you're pretty amazing.

I second that emotion.

#431 3 years ago

Hi Jimmy, just wondering where I am in the order que ?

Steve

#432 3 years ago

I am 100% stoked! Please add the impact shield plastic to the order. Can’t wait to get this thing installed!

#433 3 years ago

And yes, someone mentioned TOTAN. I have one and would be perfect as it’s wide open at the back. STTNG would be amazing as well, but a little more cramped at the back

#434 3 years ago

Following, just now seeing this, pretty amazing

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

I plan to announce the next game on Black Friday, after everyone wakes up from their food coma and ventures back online

Not long to go now

#436 3 years ago

Just read the whole thread...

Please put me on the list for a starry TZ mod, just squeaking in before Black Friday reveal.

Fooey on Xbox series x, I want an lcd mod for TZ!

Good job on the mod, just as exciting as gouevia’s witch

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Not long to go now

I keep popping in to see if it’s been announced yet.

#438 3 years ago

Thought there might have been a announcement by now lol

#439 3 years ago
Quoted from Inkyjosh:

Thought there might have been a announcement by now lol

That’s why I just popped in!

#440 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

I plan to announce the next game on Black Friday, after everyone wakes up from their food coma and ventures back online

So who hasn't woke up from their food coma and ventured back here yet? You're holding the rest of us up!
Time for some wake-and-drag action from those already here who know any other folks needing some!!!

#441 3 years ago

Pssh, if all announcements were on time, this wouldn't be pinball!

(Back to editing/uploading video!)

#443 3 years ago

Please put me on the list. My twilight zone hasnt worked in 10 years and I'll still by one of these to support this project.

Mike

#444 3 years ago

I will take one please.what do I have too do and how much? This is the most amazing mod I have ever seen WOW

#445 3 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

I will take one please.what do I have too do and how much? This is the most amazing mod I have ever seen WOW

Thank you so much! You're on the list, PM sent.

Quoted from mikeflan:

Please put me on the list. My twilight zone hasnt worked in 10 years and I'll still by one of these to support this project.
Mike

Gotcha on the list in case you resurrect your TZ. If we get to your unit and you still feel the same, instead of giving us the money, donate it to pinside or a local charity.

Just painted the next batch, working on boards. FINALLY fabbed cable assemblies should be here Monday!

-- Jimmy

#446 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Mike

Um what? 10 years? What's the issue?

#447 3 years ago

Thank you so much! You're on the list, PM sent.

Awesome. I sent you a pm

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Um what? 10 years? What's the issue?

He has 40 machines, that’s just priorities

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

He has 40 machines, that’s just priorities

Apparently too many to maintain. Lol.

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Apparently too many to maintain. Lol.

Yes, haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.50
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 801 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display/page/9?hl=bertodrink1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.