7E983BC6-C31E-48C8-A6C6-5C8A7F9D4539 (resized).png
C21E73C1928420EFE49350C3977B93E1 (resized).jpg
158639739_3687172278045047_3030153382037794031_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20210308_193723671 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210308_193742522 (resized).jpg
C6FD8B51-55A2-472B-93DA-63658BBDA8FD (resized).jpeg
3AE1D9D9-F184-48A3-849A-9FF12CEC530B (resized).jpeg
million (resized).png
There are 801 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 17.
#351 3 years ago
Quoted from frogger:

I have a TZ that needs this could you add me to the list.

Yessir! I added you right after our discussion yesterday

#352 3 years ago

Hi Compy

This TZ backboard display is very cool. With your talent and technical skill, I do suggest to transform Funhouse from Alpha Numeric to DMD. In fact the pin is WPC based, except the display. Based on theme, and popularity, a lot of potential here. What do you think?

#353 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hi compy
This TZ backboard display is very cool. With your talent and technical skill, I do suggest to transform Funhouse from Alpha Numeric to DMD. In fact the pin is WPC based, except the display. Based on theme, and popularity, a lot of potential here. What do you think?

I'm in!

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hi compy

No damnit, not after I traded my FH for GNR with the playturd PF.

#355 3 years ago

Installed mine today finally... The hype is real! Make sure to let the game go to attract mode. Very impressive.

I do recommend waiting for the new brackets; while there's really nothing wrong with the current ones (I just insulated mine against the GI lamp with elec tape, NBD), it will make the install 'feel' more substantial and stronger.

#356 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hi compy

Now THAT could be really fun. Please take my money for a FH pre-order DMD conversion too!

#357 3 years ago

Yup 100% in on this as well

Quoted from MLmotorsport:

Now THAT could be really fun. Please take my money for a FH pre-order DMD conversion too!

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Yup 100% in on this as well

Ditto.

#359 3 years ago

Put me on the list plz!!

#360 3 years ago

Add me to the list, please.

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Put me on the list plz!!

Quoted from chillme:

Add me to the list, please.

Both of you are in! I'll send a PM with details.

--------------------------
An engineering/shipping update from my end:

I've held the current batch through the end of the week because we found a gracious shop that is semi-local that will stamp and bend our brackets starting this week and hopefully ship by Friday (and we usually get stuff next day or even Monday at the latest). This means that all outgoing and future orders will have the new bracket design.

Whats the difference in the two bracket designs?
Quite simply, the currently supplied bracket is just a tad too long on the playfield side, and unless you either slide the bracket rearward or move it over and attach to fresh wood, you're too close to a lamp socket. People have made it work and there's no structural risks, it's just less than ideal.

We stand by our products, and we feel that this is the best way to roll the product out.

We appreciate the patience and excitement that has been shown!

-- Jimmy

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

I've held the current batch through the end of the week because we found a gracious shop that is semi-local that will stamp and bend our brackets starting this week and hopefully ship by Friday (and we usually get stuff next day or even Monday at the latest). This means that all outgoing and future orders will have the new bracket design.
Quite simply, the currently supplied bracket is just a tad too long on the playfield side, and unless you either slide the bracket rearward or move it over and attach to fresh wood, you're too close to a lamp socket. People have made it work and there's no structural risks, it's just less than ideal.
We stand by our products, and we feel that this is the best way to roll the product out.
-- Jimmy

Glad the new bracket will be included in my package. I have no problem waiting a bit more for that. Thanks, Jimmy!!

Rob

#363 3 years ago

Good Morning Compy,
Just wondering where i’m sitting on my order, we’ve emailed a few times over the past month.
Ps, i agree with a prior post a selfy camera mod would be amazing for the backboard mod.
Thank you in advance
Patrick from Calgary, AB

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

-- Jimmy

VERY good news for buyers. The "old" bracket is not terrible, but it could be better. So glad to hear it will be! I ended up reinforcing mine with the original screws from the old backboard on the left (not near the display!) which made it more substantial. My game has mirror blades and the fit is very tight, so the new backboard was rubbing if I didn't pull out the playfield super straight.

Will post photos and video later. This thing is amazing!

#365 3 years ago

I assume I am included in the batch on hold and agree with the below. Thanks for turning this around so quickly!

Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Glad the new bracket will be included in my package. I have no problem waiting a bit more for that. Thanks, Jimmy!!
Rob

#366 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I assume I am included in the batch on hold and agree with the below. Thanks for turning this around so quickly!

Yessir you are!

Thank our friends at Titan_Pinball for pulling the rabbit out of the hat here.

#367 3 years ago

Brackets are stamped and are headed to be flattened, finished and bent.

brackets-stamped (resized).jpgbrackets-stamped (resized).jpg

In the meantime, Eric and my wife also whipped up some swag for everyone. We'll toss some of these in orders going out as well as use them to seal our anti-static bags. Thanks to the both of you! Everything looks great.

IMG_20201103_123412 (resized).jpgIMG_20201103_123412 (resized).jpg

#368 3 years ago

Based on how Awesome this mod is I Think your going to need More brackets!!

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Based on how Awesome this mod is I Think your going to need More brackets!!

It's all Rob's fault. He told everyone to wait for the new brackets

Well, I guess Eric's retirement plan is secured... one bracket at a time.

#370 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

It's all Rob's fault. He told everyone to wait for the new brackets
Well, I guess Eric's retirement plan is secured... one bracket at a time.

LOL It’s better for everyone if we just Wait For It... haha

#371 3 years ago

Hey Compy...I'm new to Pinside and late to this TZ backboard mod party. On the other hand, as someone who loves mods, i find giving machines a little uniqueness and character is a blast. This is truly one of the COOLEST mods for any machine I've seen. Kudos for a very creative job, well done and obviously well received. Really respect your drive for perfection and top notch design, rather than rushing to market! PLEASE put me on the list for one from the next available batch! Can't wait to add this to my favorite all time machine. Here's hoping Theatre of Magic gets the nod for one in the future as well (noticed your TM beside the TZ in demo). Great game, but top of play field and backboard is a little dark and boring, this would be the perfect cure!!! Thanks again!!!

#372 3 years ago

Engineering Update:

Production resumes as the new brackets have arrived and have been tested. We've got plenty of clearance between the lamp socket even with a flush mount against the angle. We'll still include optional #10 screws in case your previous mounting holes are stripped out. No washers are required with the new bracket design.

We're also going to ship all impact shields with the film still on the outside so you can peel it off and have completely fresh plastic.

IMG_20201105_143104 (resized).jpgIMG_20201105_143104 (resized).jpg

IMG_20201105_143038 (resized).jpgIMG_20201105_143038 (resized).jpg

Quoted from DrPins:

Hey Compy...I'm new to Pinside and late to this TZ backboard mod party. On the other hand, as someone who loves mods, i find giving machines a little uniqueness and character is a blast. This is truly one of the COOLEST mods for any machine I've seen. Kudos for a very creative job, well done and obviously well received. Really respect your drive for perfection and top notch design, rather than rushing to market! PLEASE put me on the list for one from the next available batch! Can't wait to add this to my favorite all time machine. Here's hoping Theatre of Magic gets the nod for one in the future as well (noticed your TM beside the TZ in demo). Great game, but top of play field and backboard is a little dark and boring, this would be the perfect cure!!! Thanks again!!!

You're too kind! I know we emailed, but just for posterity, you're on the list! Thanks Doc!

-- Jimmy

#373 3 years ago

Also, a huge HUGE thanks to Eric at Alumagraphics for the fantastic turnaround on these brackets. He was helpful at every single step of the way and even contributed his own ideas on how to make things a bit easier for all of you.

(He also owns Titan Pinball, so if you ever need anything, hit them up! Exceptional parts and service!)

#374 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Also, a huge HUGE thanks to Eric at Alumagraphics for the fantastic turnaround on these brackets. He was helpful at every single step of the way and even contributed his own ideas on how to make things a bit easier for all of you.
(He also owns Titan Pinball, so if you ever need anything, hit them up! Exceptional parts and service!)

Been meaning to order some Titan stuff.. here I go!

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Awesome continued improvement, always a Great sign of a great developer! And Titan Pinball is AWESOME always and my Only go to for the best in rubber!

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

a huge HUGE thanks to Eric at Alumagraphics

Make sure you keep that bag closed. So they stay fresh.

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

I plan to announce the next game on Black Friday, after everyone wakes up from their food coma and ventures back online

Fingers crossed for T2 next

#378 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

I plan to announce the next game on Black Friday, after everyone wakes up from their food coma and ventures back online

Fingers AND toes crossed for FH DMD

#379 3 years ago

When ?

And more seriously the Tales of the Arabian Nights seems the perfect candidate for this mod. ( I dont have it, I am not biaised ) but it has a clear unblocked backboard that could be greatly enhanced.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#380 3 years ago
Quoted from MLmotorsport:

Fingers AND toes crossed for FH DMD

Barking up the wrong tree. Go over to applejuice's Whirlwind thread. He is doing some cool stuff with that game.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-software-rewrite-the-journey

#381 3 years ago

Love this mod!
Question? For future games, would this mod also work on the CGC remakes?

#382 3 years ago

Great mod for my TZ Compy! Can you please list me as well?
Many thx in advance.

#383 3 years ago

If you are still adding to the list of buyers, please put me on the list.

#384 3 years ago

Cool read - I’d rather Compy head it up (if even possible) he has connections and great customer service. The other guy while looks great sounds like a personal project. Seen way to many folks like that not have time or take many years

Quoted from freeplay3:

Barking up the wrong tree. Go over to applejuice's Whirlwind thread. He is doing some cool stuff with that game.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-software-rewrite-the-journey

#385 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Cool read - I’d rather Compy head it up (if even possible) he has connections and great customer service. The other guy while looks great sounds like a personal project. Seen way to many folks like that not have time or take many years

I am humbled by the kind words. I (86Pixels) stand by each one of our products and will continue to do my best to make each customer feel like a rock star.

Regarding Jim (AppleJuice), he is actually our UK distributor for the TZ mod as well as upcoming ones most likely. We are very proud to be working with him. He does the pinball thing (myPinballs) full time. He's done software rewrites as personal projects for Indiana Jones as well as replacement electronic components. If he declares that he's going to make a product and if he's negotiated any relevant licensing terms, then I'd put my bets on him making it happen.

Now, of course we'll always be around to lend a hand if needed

Play some pinball, back to packing orders!
-- Jimmy

#386 3 years ago

I stand corrected GREAT NEWS

#387 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Love this mod!
Question? For future games, would this mod also work on the CGC remakes?

Not this particular setup, but we're working on something that would work with CGC's system.

Quoted from Quiznix:

Great mod for my TZ Compy! Can you please list me as well?
Many thx in advance.

You're in!

Quoted from rviguet:

If you are still adding to the list of buyers, please put me on the list.

Gotcha! You're on the list!

#388 3 years ago

This looks to be a great addition to a great game
PM sent

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Not this particular setup, but we're working on something that would work with CGC's system.

Awesome, I'd love to have something like this for my Monster Bash.

#390 3 years ago

Hi Compy!

I'm late to the party but would like to be added to your list too!

Thanks!

Karl
texasbulldog

#391 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Awesome, I'd love to have something like this for my Monster Bash.

Stop! I've already been looking for a reason to get a Monster Bash.

Quoted from texasbulldog:

Hi Compy!
I'm late to the party but would like to be added to your list too!
Thanks!
Karl
texasbulldog

Welcome to the party, you're in!

Quoted from Fatscorky:

This looks to be a great addition to a great game
PM sent

Will shoot you a message back!

#392 3 years ago

Trucks rolling out and rolling in today!

IMG_20201109_110612 (resized).jpgIMG_20201109_110612 (resized).jpg

IMG_20201110_102807 (resized).jpgIMG_20201110_102807 (resized).jpg

IMG_20201110_103251 (resized).jpgIMG_20201110_103251 (resized).jpg

Proceeding with the ramp up so we can ship out more mods! Lots of sanding and painting today, then tomorrow is bundling more cables, brackets and other "accoutrements" needed to set the interactive displays up in your game. Doing this without a checklist is actually pretty difficult, so me and the wife are simplifying the whole process and doing things in stages. Should make for a nice error reduction!

-- Jimmy

#393 3 years ago

Compy could I check please that I’m on the list - PM’d you but didn’t hear back. Cheers

#394 3 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

compy could I check please that I’m on the list - PM’d you but didn’t hear back. Cheers

So sorry about that! It's been hectic lately. I've sent you a PM just now. You're most definitely on the list based on when you first expressed interest, so your spot was safe

#395 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Stop! I've already been looking for a reason to get a Monster Bash.

Welcome to the party, you're in!

Will shoot you a message back!

Way ahead of you. The problem with MB is that the back panel already has some pretty great art on it.

When my band and I were designing and programming our LED panels for our live show (hey, we small, but we got the know-how!), we programmed in a “default” video which would play whenever we didn’t have a specific crazy LED panel light show programmed (which, at the beginning, was a lot). Not terribly different from the TZ star field video.

Might get up the PPS squad the artwork was pinched, but that would be 1 idea: show a static graphic until a video is needed.

Option 2: slightly smaller screen which might play videos in a less obstructive area (e.g. behind the bride or middle back)

Option3: transparent LCD. Yes I said it!

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

So sorry about that! It's been hectic lately. I've sent you a PM just now. You're most definitely on the list based on when you first expressed interest, so your spot was safe

Do we need to pm you? Or do you contact when ready to ship? Sorry, not sure what to do.

#397 3 years ago

Hi Compy - I finally got the time to get the panel installed and all I can say is WOW! Installation was a snap and I am really impressed at your innovation. I think you are really onto something, thank you again for that! Oh yeah, my Monster Bash is bolted to the floor, just sayin'..

#398 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Do we need to pm you? Or do you contact when ready to ship? Sorry, not sure what to do.

Hey there,

I generally reach out and invoice when your unit is on the line and ready for assembly. I don't take a dime beforehand. Based on your initial response/interest, you're at spot #87. You're looking at about 5 weeks before your unit is up for assembly.

Ping me with any questions!
-- Jimmy

#399 3 years ago
Quoted from Fn4me:

Hi Compy - I finally got the time to get the panel installed and all I can say is WOW! Installation was a snap and I am really impressed at your innovation. I think you are really onto something, thank you again for that! Oh yeah, my Monster Bash is bolted to the floor, just sayin'..

Heya,

I am humbled by this. Thank you so much for the nice feedback. I'm always striving to make great mods, and I appreciate your patience as an early adopter. Definitely working out some kinks in the installation/shipping process, but each batch just gets better and better.

I can't wait for you guys to see the next game!

-- Jimmy

#400 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Hey there,
I generally reach out and invoice when your unit is on the line and ready for assembly. I don't take a dime beforehand. Based on your initial response/interest, you're at spot #87. You're looking at about 5 weeks before your unit is up for assembly.
Ping me with any questions!
-- Jimmy

Perfect Jimmy, thank you. Enjoy the ride man, great product and great idea.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 801 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display/page/8?hl=davi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.