7E983BC6-C31E-48C8-A6C6-5C8A7F9D4539 (resized).png
C21E73C1928420EFE49350C3977B93E1 (resized).jpg
158639739_3687172278045047_3030153382037794031_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20210308_193723671 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210308_193742522 (resized).jpg
C6FD8B51-55A2-472B-93DA-63658BBDA8FD (resized).jpeg
3AE1D9D9-F184-48A3-849A-9FF12CEC530B (resized).jpeg
million (resized).png
There are 801 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 17.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Allright cool cats and kittens, the inside cab decals are up for sale!
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=161
Thanks for eveyone's feedback and suggestions. This is somewhat of a soft product launch, and I have no stock at the moment so it will take me a couple days to get some quatities made up so don't expect our usual lightning fast shipping.
Also, I don't want to hijack compy's thread too much here... although he says it's fine.
If you have any specific questions hit up the "Contact Us" link on our website: https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=information/contact

ORDERED!

3F3E7A67-9770-4559-A02E-9A56FCF93DAD (resized).jpeg3F3E7A67-9770-4559-A02E-9A56FCF93DAD (resized).jpeg
#302 3 years ago

Great now I need to get a list of rubbers to get my Titan order in. Well done.

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Let this day be known as the day the 2020 TWIPY Mod of the year was born! Simply WOW. Sorry due to my own delays (chores) I wanted to have this done on Saturday but alas not in the cards. Installed today and Amazing is all that can be said. The build quality and simplicity of this mod are incredible. After reading the well documented instructions the install took Maybe 20 minutes. Everything even for the most novice modder was plug and play. Professional boards and electronics fit seamlessly with little if any permanent modifications. Take your TZ to the 4th Dimension with this incredible transforming upgrade! Only warning, if your on the fence Get on the list NOW as I suspect when this mod gets out it will go viral no joke. Amazing seller/creator, finally an upgrade worthy of value added change. (Innovation) I showed a Few game play images but tried Not to show them all as that to me is part of the amazing experience and I would hate to spoil that for anyone. I can answer any specific questions and Note I am Not a sponsor or linked to this mod simply a lucky and very impressed buyer. Well done Jimmy, you should take a bow on this one! With that said, as kind of said in Jaws, your going to need a Bigger Counter! Your going to be making a LOT of these! lol FYI, sorry about the lighting. I had the work lights on to get pictures. In a gameroom setting the HD animation simply explodes across the back.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great review, looks epic! I’m in.

#304 3 years ago

Compy - please put me down for one of the lcd mods! Looks amazing!

#305 3 years ago

Good morning all,

Just an update on the art blades. We worked with Titan to manufacture these using a design that matches the starry sky LCD plastics as an option to this mod (of course you don't need this mod to buy them).

As such, you'll order the art blades straight from Titan. They'll ship when they're ready (likely within the next week or so). Those are here: https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63&product_id=161 (Select Bally/WMS and "Starry Sky").

To get the upgraded impact shield (LCD protective plastic) for this mod, for $25 we'll throw in the matching starry sky reverse printed plastic and it'll be preinstalled on your unit.

Hope this clears up any confusion!

Quoted from ceterumnet:

compy - please put me down for one of the lcd mods! Looks amazing!

Gotcha on the list. I'll shoot you a PM.

Some large shipments of displays and PCBs are due in today. Fingers crossed!

-- Jimmy

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

As such, you'll order the art blades straight from Titan. They'll ship when they're ready (likely within the next week or so). Those are here: https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63&product_id=161 (Select Bally/WMS and "Starry Sky").

Thanks Jimmy! These are available now.

#307 3 years ago

Kicking myself for missing the first post about this mod and getting on the list late. It is perfect for TZ.
You'd think would be great for other games as well, but a lot of games have stuff back there or stuff in the way.

#308 3 years ago

I found the first issue with this mod. I can’t stop Staring at it while I play dammit! Lol.

#309 3 years ago

I need this mod fo sho !

I need the upgraded impact shield (LCD protective plastic) for $25 preinstalled.

I have NY / USA and Ontario / CANADA shipping addresses.

PLS PM with details

Steve

#310 3 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

I need this mod fo sho !
I need the upgraded impact shield (LCD protective plastic) for $25 preinstalled.
I have NY / USA and Ontario / CANADA shipping addresses.
PLS PM with details
Steve

PM sent!

#311 3 years ago

Christmas came early this year. Sucks that I won't have time to install it today.

20201027_154840 (resized).jpg20201027_154840 (resized).jpg
#312 3 years ago

More going out first thing in the morning!

Next 10 are on the CNC now and headed to paint as soon as the stupid weather cooperates. So I'll reach out to the next set individually.

-- Jimmy

IMG_20201027_204834 (resized).jpgIMG_20201027_204834 (resized).jpg
#313 3 years ago

Can’t wait to play a TZ with this mod. Hopefully someone brings one to TPF 2021!

#314 3 years ago

Got my display in the game. I am in the middle of a full tear down so I can only view it in test mode. I did enjoy the few screens that came up.

Installing was very easy. Only thing I did different was on the left side where the L bracket mounts, it was touching the light socket. I drilled a small pilot hole about 1/2 inch over and moved it.

20201028_165321 (resized).jpg20201028_165321 (resized).jpg
#315 3 years ago

Sent you a pm. I would like one.

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Got my display in the game. I am in the middle of a full tear down so I can only view it in test mode. I did enjoy the few screens that came up.
Installing was very easy. Only thing I did different was on the left side where the L bracket mounts, it was touching the light socket. I drilled a small pilot hole about 1/2 inch over and moved it.
[quoted image]

Same feedback I provided. Don’t use the existing likely worn holes as they interfere with the GI plus the new wood mount 1” in makes it stronger. Simple adjustment and will continue to get better. Loving this creation!

#317 3 years ago

Good evening

In preparation for my upcoming TZ, could you please PM me with details on how to get one unit plus side decals

Regards

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

[quoted image]

Yeah, Yelobird caught the same deal. I ended up just extending my L brackets out the back a little farther. I'm looking to get some shorter brackets fabbed so it's not so much of an issue.

Regarding the display, there is a slight design change to better secure the display into the panel. We're moving to a full joiner bracket system where bolts will run through the displays and be secured by a steel bracket to the wood panel with a locknut. This will prevent looseness caused by shipping vibrations and the shorter wooden tabs.

Otherwise, thanks to Yelobird, we're making those installation instructions even clearer and we've got someone willing to shoot some video of an installation as well!

Busy busy!

Quoted from Jecco74:

Sent you a pm. I would like one.

Gotcha on the list! Will PM back.

Quoted from Ashram56:

Good evening
In preparation for my upcoming TZ, could you please PM me with details on how to get one unit plus side decals
Regards

You're on the list! I'll shoot you a PM.

#319 3 years ago

Have you thought of doing this same thing for CFTBL rather than the window on the pf? There is definitely space and it would be far more appropriate for the player's view than looking right down in the middle of the pf.

#320 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Have you thought of doing this same thing for CFTBL rather than the window on the pf? There is definitely space and it would be far more appropriate for the player's view than looking right down in the middle of the pf.

The point was to replace the hologram

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

We have thought about it and have tested various configurations. We do have some ideas that could potentially "WOW" the player, it's just about making things cost feasible.

However, as zr11990 pointed out above, the Hologram real estate is far easier to take advantage of.

#322 3 years ago

Understood. I'm one of the fortunate few with a green, working hologram.

#323 3 years ago

This is an amazing mod Well Done!!!...very keen to find out what future titles are under consideration on the short list please?

#324 3 years ago

If you want to be a hero, my vote is for a CFTBL PF window video mod, needless to say LooooOOOoooOOOng overdue!

#325 3 years ago

Commenting to follow for CFTBL / STTNG news.

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

STTNG?

#327 3 years ago

Got my box today.! That was psycho fast.

I’m doing final edits on a music video for a new single to be released tomorrow, and after that ... Twilight Zone baby!!

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Got my box today.! That was psycho fast.
I’m doing final edits on a music video for a new single to be released tomorrow, and after that ... Twilight Zone baby!!

Awesome! Once you get around to it, if you have any problems or questions, don't hesitate to shoot me a message and we can hop on a call!

-- Jimmy

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Awesome! Once you get around to it, if you have any problems or questions, don't hesitate to shoot me a message and we can hop on a call!
-- Jimmy

Sweet. I already checked out the package; everything is connector-ed beautifully. The big challenge will be how to plug in to my way over-modded game! Seriously, the PDB is begging for mercy..

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sweet. I already checked out the package; everything is connector-ed beautifully. The big challenge will be how to plug in to my way over-modded game! Seriously, the PDB is begging for mercy..

Well, that's the exact reason I designed the power system to be completely isolated for the game. The board only uses the 5V connector to sense when the game is on. Everything else is pulled and regulated off of the 12V power supply included in the package.

Can't wait to see it!

#331 3 years ago

I saw it being mentioned in an older post, someone requested it? Either way, looks like a sweet mod, just don't own a TZ

#332 3 years ago

I’m hoping terminator 2 is next

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

. A dark horse candidate - Last Action Hero. With all those action clips from the movie and Arnold in full ham-it-up mode, it seems like a good pairing.

I Absolutely agree :party:the action graphics are very cool on thus game and LAH definitely has the room...Its got my vote Last Action Hero Please

16041108987594958361781394519360 (resized).jpg16041108987594958361781394519360 (resized).jpg
#334 3 years ago

I plan to announce the next game on Black Friday, after everyone wakes up from their food coma and ventures back online

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

I plan to announce the next game on Black Friday, after everyone wakes up from their food coma and ventures back online

Jimmy and I talked about this the other day. The next game is...Hardbody.

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I hear guys wanting CFTBL. I'm lucky to have the Pinball MikeD mod and actually hope Compy does another pin first. I saw some one mention STTNG, that would be great!
Guess I'll find out on Black Friday!

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Jimmy and I talked about this the other day. The next game is...Hardbody.

Verified

#338 3 years ago

I received my mod and it's pretty dang cool! Installation took me about an hour and the instructions provided were top notch. The main problem with this mod is that your scores will go down because you are looking at the mod and not the ball Jimmy was a joy to work with and I would HIGHLY recommend dealing with him!

As others have mentioned you will likely want to drill a new hole under the playfield for the left bracket as it is pretty close to a light socket, but Jimmy has mentioned that later kits will have a different bracket. The reflection from the DMD can be a bit anoying as you are trying to look at the beautiful new mod, so I might try and rig up some sort of deflector.

Bottom line great mod, great guy!

PXL_20201031_182832657 (resized).jpgPXL_20201031_182832657 (resized).jpg
#339 3 years ago
Quoted from Dewman:

I received my mod and it's pretty dang cool! Installation took me about an hour and the instructions provided were top notch. The main problem with this mod is that your scores will go down because you are looking at the mod and not the ball Jimmy was a joy to work with and I would HIGHLY recommend dealing with him!
As others have mentioned you will likely want to drill a new hole under the playfield for the left bracket as it is pretty close to a light socket, but Jimmy has mentioned that later kits will have a different bracket. The reflection from the DMD can be a bit anoying as you are trying to look at the beautiful new mod, so I might try and rig up some sort of deflector.
Bottom line great mod, great guy!
[quoted image]

I am so glad that everything arrived safely and the installation went well! It was a genuine pleasure working with you!

For those wondering, I usually have a "bent plastic" from pinball life (https://www.pinballlife.com/widebody-bent-plastic.html) on my game. It's a great thing at only 10 bucks, so I'd suggest tossing one in your next order. Maybe we'll make some ourselves at some point and ship it with the mod... but naming is always a bitch.

We're calling this particular line of mods "Pinvision" as a play on "envision", and the DMD guards started out as "DMD Glare Guard", then you had "Bent Plastic", so maybe ours will be "Obtuse Plastic?", except it'll be insanely slow and unintuitive to install. Marketing... bleh.

#340 3 years ago

Just got mine installed. As others have mentioned very easy with clear instructions.
I have the pinsound board with the reorchestration and it works with that in case it has not been mentioned before.
Thanks for making a great mod and with all the parts and time that it took to put everything together hard to see you making much of a profit

1604171823888975436229215105482 (resized).jpg1604171823888975436229215105482 (resized).jpg
#341 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Just got mine installed. As others have mentioned very easy with clear instructions.
I have the pinsound board with the reorchestration and it works with that in case it has not been mentioned before.
Thanks for making a great mod and with all the parts and time that it took to put everything together hard to see you making much of a profit
[quoted image]

So glad it went in without much trouble!

I hardly do anything in this industry for much of a profit

I just want to make junk that doesn't suck!

-- Jimmy

#342 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

So glad it went in without much trouble!
I hardly do anything in this industry for much of a profit
I just want to make junk that doesn't suck!
-- Jimmy

Looks like you’re doing well in that department!

#343 3 years ago

I want one for sure so awesome.

#345 3 years ago

When do the new brackets get shipped? No big deal just wondering if the bracket on the one coming my way will require a drilled hole or not. Thanks

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

When do the new brackets get shipped? No big deal just wondering if the bracket on the one coming my way will require a drilled hole or not. Thanks

Lead times on new brackets are still 4 weeks out. You can technically make the existing bracket work, you just have to slide it out a bit on the left side to avoid contact with the lamp socket, which will seat your display a bit farther back. You'd want to set your right side bracket to match. We're also going to ship larger 3/4" #10 screws in case the existing mounting holes are stripped.

These types of adjustments are why the "playfield side" of the brackets are slotted.

#347 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

but naming is always a bitch.

Pin-visor?

#348 3 years ago

Just picked up a TZ today! Please add me to the list!

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from VindictiveX:

Just picked up a TZ today! Please add me to the list!

You're in! I'll send you a PM.

#350 3 years ago

I have a TZ that needs this could you add me to the list.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 132.00
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,059.00
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 801 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display/page/7?hl=pinless and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.