7E983BC6-C31E-48C8-A6C6-5C8A7F9D4539 (resized).png
C21E73C1928420EFE49350C3977B93E1 (resized).jpg
158639739_3687172278045047_3030153382037794031_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20210308_193723671 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210308_193742522 (resized).jpg
C6FD8B51-55A2-472B-93DA-63658BBDA8FD (resized).jpeg
3AE1D9D9-F184-48A3-849A-9FF12CEC530B (resized).jpeg
million (resized).png
There are 801 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

It’s likely out of your wheelhouse, but I have to ask. Have you considered inner side blade art that matches the starry night you’re experimenting with on the impact shields? I’ve been wanting simple side blades like this for TZ for a while now. All the other blades out there have floating things and what not, I just want the black and white stars.

Give me a few days.

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

You're referring to the camera shot on the game, right?
Technically yeah I could wire that up. Seems pretty cool actually. We'd just have to interface a webcam or some other small form factor camera with the I/O board.

The RPi camera is pretty easy to integrate into other boards, although I don’t know if the ribbon cable is long enough. Maybe a remote call on an optional RPi0 which takes the photo then sends it to the display bus

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

You're referring to the camera shot on the game, right?
Technically yeah I could wire that up. Seems pretty cool actually. We'd just have to interface a webcam or some other small form factor camera with the I/O board.

Yes, the camera shot. That flash in the face would be incredibly cool with a selfie on some TZ spiral background, or perhaps just stills from the show-easy for me to say !

#254 3 years ago

The idea of a “camera shot” selfie is a supercool idea. You guys are on FIRE

#255 3 years ago

Per Compy, here is some preliminary artwork for generic TZ art blades. Thoughts? Comments? Donuts?

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#256 3 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Per Compy, here is some preliminary artwork for generic TZ art blades. Thoughts? Comments? Donuts?
[quoted image]

I would be in on the bottom set, those look great

#257 3 years ago

Is there a master list so we can see how far away we are?

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The RPi camera is pretty easy to integrate into other boards, although I don’t know if the ribbon cable is long enough. Maybe a remote call on an optional RPi0 which takes the photo then sends it to the display bus

You can definitely buy much longer ribbon cables for the RPi camera. Amazon and I’m sure plenty of other places. Not sure what the max length is or what would be needed here, though. I bought a longer one for mounting an RPi camera on the z axis of my 3D printer and I remember there being some fairly long (maybe a meter?) ones.

—Donnie

#259 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I’d probably do the bottom set.

—Donnie

#260 3 years ago

Ask and ye shall receive

IMG_20201022_134604 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_134604 (resized).jpg

#261 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Love these. I too would be down for a set of the stars only.

#262 3 years ago

We'll throw these on the Titan store in a few days

IMG_20201022_144304 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_144304 (resized).jpg

#263 3 years ago

I do like the ones without the spiral as well......

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

[quoted image]

Fantastic!

#265 3 years ago

I seriously need to move to Austin..

#266 3 years ago

Fantastic project! I'm on the list already, but hopefully shipping cost to europe + duty are still affordable?

#267 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I like the bottom set best too. I that’s largely because there’s so much on TZ already (and this mod ups that even more), that a star field by itself is the best to complement it all. And it’s too bad that the eye of the spirals don’t line up with the holes for the hinge pins.

#268 3 years ago

A few beers in, messing around in the shop with our control system, software and some larger displays...

IMG_20201022_212823 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_212823 (resized).jpg

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

A few beers in, messing around in the shop with our control system, software and some larger displays...
[quoted image]

LOL. Now I’m going to go get another CFTBL

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

[quoted image]

You son of a gun [heart face emoji]

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

[quoted image]

Cool Creech - sign me up for the LCD holo mod

#272 3 years ago

Not seen the rgb led tape used on creech ramps / whirl pool thing before Actually looks very cool, you could do so much with it if using the addressable type with all sorts of amazing animations zooming leds around the ramp

All these mod makers create there own trigger system ie using the dmd/audio/lamps to parse what state the game was in. Would be pretty cool if there was some generic mod that did this for you then you decide what mod to connect to it? So some sort of generic interface hardware that works with any machine then you configure that to look for certain events in the game and then what you want to happen ie drive lcd/leds/motors/fog machines etc.. Then this one bit of hardware can be used over and over again and not reinvented each time a new mod is released.

Raspberry pi would be ideal (amazing new compute module 4 just been released, super small and compact ideal for this) Then I guess it could support dmd/audio/lamp inputs from various machines or something?

Just an idea...
Wish I had more time for this stuff

#273 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Not seen the rgb led tape used on creech ramps / whirl pool thing before Actually looks very cool, you could do so much with it if using the addressable type with all sorts of amazing animations zooming leds around the ramp
All these mod makers create there own trigger system ie using the dmd/audio/lamps to parse what state the game was in. Would be pretty cool if there was some generic mod that did this for you then you decide what mod to connect to it? So some sort of generic interface hardware that works with any machine then you configure that to look for certain events in the game and then what you want to happen ie drive lcd/leds/motors/fog machines etc.. Then this one bit of hardware can be used over and over again and not reinvented each time a new mod is released.
Raspberry pi would be ideal (amazing new compute module 4 just been released, super small and compact ideal for this) Then I guess it could support dmd/audio/lamp inputs from various machines or something?
Just an idea...
Wish I had more time for this stuff

Pinduino is part of the way there

#274 3 years ago

The LED strips are fully addressable driven by a pinduino. They are just in the default attract mode in the picture.

#275 3 years ago

I love it. In one night while drinking we see more progress on creech then the other guy has done in 4 years.

#276 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I love it. In one night while drinking we see more progress on creech then the other guy has done in 4 years.

People should really be sending him beer... Just sayin'!

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Hm. That is a very good point. I'm in! They have Total Wine down in Austin?

#278 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Agreed.

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yes! Send liquor now! Lol

#280 3 years ago

Please do the Creech mod. That other guy has sent going to do shit.

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

[quoted image]

Looks pretty stellar. Looking forward to seeing more.

#282 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Quoted from Compy:

[quoted image]

Yes!!! You guys are awesome. Thank you for hearing me out. Definitely in for the stars and a donut if you’re offering.

But no seriously, I need those art blades. Please let us know when they’re live.

#283 3 years ago

I have set aside my Saturday to christen this Beautiful mod install on our HEP TZ. This kit is amazing and cannot wait to see it in all its glory. Well done sir!!!

#284 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I have set aside my Saturday to christen this Beautiful mod install on our HEP TZ. This kit is amazing and cannot wait to see it in all its glory. Well done sir!!!

Being installed on a HEP TZ must be the highest honour this mod can receive lol?

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Oh god, I hope this works!

As always, anyone receiving their units, let me know of ANY problems and please provide installation feedback. That'll help me make things better for our friends when they get theirs.

Leaving Titan HQ in a couple hours with a lot of new ideas and a new laser for some production parts cutting!

-- Jimmy

#286 3 years ago

Good evening!

Just made it back home and dropped the laser off at the shop. I just took some of the sample side art blades that we printed up at Titan and did a quick test fit. Here's how they look for all that have asked! Sample white printed impact shield is also installed on the interactive display mod.

IMG_20201024_191132 (resized).jpgIMG_20201024_191132 (resized).jpg

IMG_20201024_191141 (resized).jpgIMG_20201024_191141 (resized).jpg

IMG_20201024_191213 (resized).jpgIMG_20201024_191213 (resized).jpg

IMG_20201024_191219 (resized).jpgIMG_20201024_191219 (resized).jpg

IMG_20201024_191224 (resized).jpgIMG_20201024_191224 (resized).jpg

#287 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Good evening!
Just made it back home and dropped the laser off at the shop. I just took some of the sample side art blades that we printed up at Titan and did a quick test fit. Here's how they look for all that have asked! Sample white printed impact shield is also installed on the interactive display mod.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Those look really good, put me down for a set when you get them done.

#288 3 years ago

Yeah, I need the LCD mod and a set of the star blades. Please put me on the list for both. I’ll be putting them on TZ sample #1.

—Donnie

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

Yeah, I need the LCD mod and a set of the star blades. Please put me on the list for both. I’ll be putting them on TZ sample #1.
—Donnie

Same here. Those look great. I have some regular blades But they don’t look that good.

#290 3 years ago

Is there a way to tell how far we are on the list?

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Is there a way to tell how far we are on the list?

Heya,

Hope all is well out in Beaumont! Sorry for the delay there, you're at #89 on the list and it'll be about 7 weeks before your mod is up. We're ramping up to about 10 or so a week at the moment because I'm assembling boards by hand. Our lead times will drop drastically over the next 4-5 weeks as our vendors ship our pre-fabbed cable harnesses and PCBs.

Feel free to reach out/DM with any questions . I'll keep you posted on progress.

-- Jimmy

#292 3 years ago

I’m in no hurry. I know I’m on the list, just let me know. I want the blades too.

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Heya,
Hope all is well out in Beaumont! Sorry for the delay there, you're at #89 on the list and it'll be about 7 weeks before your mod is up. We're ramping up to about 10 or so a week at the moment because I'm assembling boards by hand. Our lead times will drop drastically over the next 4-5 weeks as our vendors ship our pre-fabbed cable harnesses and PCBs.
Feel free to reach out/DM with any questions . I'll keep you posted on progress.
-- Jimmy

In that case put me down for the lcd mod also

#294 3 years ago

How did it take this long for someone to make a simple classy set of blades like that? Hell yeah, definitely in for a set of those with my backboard display. Thanks again for doing this!

#295 3 years ago

Let this day be known as the day the 2020 TWIPY Mod of the year was born! Simply WOW. Sorry due to my own delays (chores) I wanted to have this done on Saturday but alas not in the cards. Installed today and Amazing is all that can be said. The build quality and simplicity of this mod are incredible. After reading the well documented instructions the install took Maybe 20 minutes. Everything even for the most novice modder was plug and play. Professional boards and electronics fit seamlessly with little if any permanent modifications. Take your TZ to the 4th Dimension with this incredible transforming upgrade! Only warning, if your on the fence Get on the list NOW as I suspect when this mod gets out it will go viral no joke. Amazing seller/creator, finally an upgrade worthy of value added change. (Innovation) I showed a Few game play images but tried Not to show them all as that to me is part of the amazing experience and I would hate to spoil that for anyone. I can answer any specific questions and Note I am Not a sponsor or linked to this mod simply a lucky and very impressed buyer. Well done Jimmy, you should take a bow on this one! With that said, as kind of said in Jaws, your going to need a Bigger Counter! Your going to be making a LOT of these! lol FYI, sorry about the lighting. I had the work lights on to get pictures. In a gameroom setting the HD animation simply explodes across the back.

IMG_5969 (resized).jpgIMG_5969 (resized).jpgIMG_5972 (resized).jpgIMG_5972 (resized).jpgIMG_5983 (resized).jpgIMG_5983 (resized).jpgIMG_5986 (resized).jpgIMG_5986 (resized).jpgIMG_5988 (resized).jpgIMG_5988 (resized).jpgIMG_5989 (resized).jpgIMG_5989 (resized).jpgIMG_5990 (resized).jpgIMG_5990 (resized).jpgIMG_5991 (resized).jpgIMG_5991 (resized).jpg

#296 3 years ago

Allright cool cats and kittens, the inside cab decals are up for sale!

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=161

Thanks for eveyone's feedback and suggestions. This is somewhat of a soft product launch, and I have no stock at the moment so it will take me a couple days to get some quatities made up so don't expect our usual lightning fast shipping.

Also, I don't want to hijack compy's thread too much here... although he says it's fine.
If you have any specific questions hit up the "Contact Us" link on our website: https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=information/contact

#297 3 years ago

Allright cool cats and kittens, the inside cab decals are up for sale!
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=161
Thanks for eveyone's feedback and suggestions. This is somewhat of a soft product launch, and I have no stock at the moment so it will take me a couple days to get some quatities made up so don't expect our usual lightning fast shipping.
Also, I don't want to hijack compy's thread too much here... although he says it's fine.
If you have any specific questions hit up the "Contact Us" link on our website: https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=information/contact

Those look awesome! Do remove the Harley image associated to minimize confusion.

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Those look awesome! Do remove the Harley image associated to minimize confusion.

Thanks!!
I have these designs for both WB and Stern.

#299 3 years ago

Thank you Yelobird for the fantastic feedback! Based on your feedback we have tons of improvements and optimizations to our installation process that we'll be enacting! Thank you for making this better.

Regarding the art blades, through our partnership with Titan as outlined above, those will be generally available much sooner! Thank you to our friends at Titan for making that happen.

Regarding the impact shields that ship with the mod, we do have an optional upgrade for either clear or the artwork/starry printed ones to match your art blades. The image I showed above has the starry printed option and is $25 extra. Everything is reverse printed and gorgeous. You'll be given that option at the time we invoice when your unit is ready for assembly and testing!

Quoted from evileye:

How did it take this long for someone to make a simple classy set of blades like that? Hell yeah, definitely in for a set of those with my backboard display. Thanks again for doing this!

Less is more often times, especially on busy games like TZ! Glad Eric was able to help us out!

Quoted from Only68s:

In that case put me down for the lcd mod also

For TZ? Got you down for one. Will send details in PM!

Quoted from djb_rh:

—Donnie

Gotcha down for one! I'll send you a message.

-- Jimmy

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Thank you yelobird for the fantastic feedback! Based on your feedback we have tons of improvements and optimizations to our installation process that we'll be enacting! Thank you for making this better.
Regarding the art blades, through our partnership with Titan as outlined above, those will be generally available much sooner! Thank you to our friends at Titan for making that happen.
Regarding the impact shields that ship with the mod, we do have an optional upgrade for either clear or the artwork/starry printed ones to match your art blades. The image I showed above has the starry printed option and is $25 extra. Everything is reverse printed and gorgeous. You'll be given that option at the time we invoice when your unit is ready for assembly and testing!

Less is more often times, especially on busy games like TZ! Glad Eric was able to help us out!

For TZ? Got you down for one. Will send details in PM!

Gotcha down for one! I'll send you a message.
-- Jimmy

Great news one is out in the wild already! Can't wait to install once it arrives..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 132.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 801 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.