7E983BC6-C31E-48C8-A6C6-5C8A7F9D4539 (resized).png
C21E73C1928420EFE49350C3977B93E1 (resized).jpg
158639739_3687172278045047_3030153382037794031_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20210308_193723671 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210308_193742522 (resized).jpg
C6FD8B51-55A2-472B-93DA-63658BBDA8FD (resized).jpeg
3AE1D9D9-F184-48A3-849A-9FF12CEC530B (resized).jpeg
million (resized).png

There are 801 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 17.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Funny you say that about your modded out TZ. TZ was my second DMD game. I bought it around 2000. It’s totally pimped now. I took it on as a project to buy absolutely every mod for this game and I’m sure I’ve gone overboard, but that’s part of the plan! I have a few rarities; like the spiral ramp from the guy in Hungary and the IGT slot machine topper. In addition to a bunch of PF toys and lighting I also have a laser engraved lockdown bar from the guy in Texas, a Ron Kruzman cleared playfield, mirrored back glass, LCD ColorDMD, Pin Stadiums and PinSound. Soon I’ll have PinWoofer, Radcals and Professor Pinball Pinduino lighting. I really thinking the compy TZ Interactive backboard will tie it all together!

Spiral ramp on its way already, real BG already in, cc’d pf installed in 2011 and custom topper. I’m with you bro! Think I’ve spent probably about 6k so far in restoration. Chrome plated everything in and under, everything brand new mechs, coils, cabinet has new latest gen decals but will get radcals next. Led ocd system with comets, and titan rubbers. Oh, and clear mini pf under cover. Makes lighting under there a bit better.

You have perfect taste amigo!

#202 3 years ago

Holy crap you guys have really tricked out your games! Post some pictures here!

I'm sure your neighbors lights dim when you turn the game on

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from brucea1956:

Very nice mod!!! Please add me.

Quoted from littlecammi:

How did I not see this when you started the thread ten days ago?
Please add me to the list of Pinsiders who want this mod. Very cool!

Quoted from taz16:

Very cool mod! Please add me to the list

Got all of you on the list in the order that you requested! Sorry for the delay. Been building, sawing, wiring, crimping and all that jazz.

That should hopefully catch me up on PMs and those who have requested in this thread!

Back to the shop.

-- Jimmy

#204 3 years ago

Jimmy, just curious how many have shown serious interest at this point?

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Jimmy, just curious how many have shown serious interest at this point?

He hasn’t sold all but what, first 20 prototypes? I’ll buy in when they’re ready!

#206 3 years ago

Compy please add me to the list. This and ColorDMD might be the two best mods to put in a game. Thanks!

#207 3 years ago
Quoted from Cidco:

Compy please add me to the list. This and ColorDMD might be the two best mods to put in a game. Thanks!

You're in like Flynn. Heck, if I'm in Dallas visiting one of our parts manufacturers, I might just DRIVE this to you

Quoted from underlord:

He hasn’t sold all but what, first 20 prototypes? I’ll buy in when they’re ready!

I ain't sold sh*t!

#208 3 years ago

You sir are a magician! Love the updates, thank you taking the time to speak to the people.

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from SKORR_Arcades:

Did you really have to make this for TZ?
Mine already has over 18+ mods and my wife is not going to be happy.
But please ** add me to the list ** for the first batch.
[quoted image]

I didn't receive a response to my initial post (no worries since I know you were getting hammered with requests).

After playing my TZ some more and observing my current backboard, I think all of the toys I have block too much of the backboard view.

I'm going to keep my static image and not get the display right now.

*IDEA*
I think your display would also work well as a video *TOPPER*.
Just add a base and maybe put a graphic design around the lcd display.

I'll be looking forward to all your updates. Great job!

#210 3 years ago

I didn't receive a response to my initial post (no worries since I know you were getting hammered with requests).
After playing my TZ some more and observing my current backboard, I think all of the toys I have block too much of the backboard view.
*IDEA*

I removed the ramp covers on mine - haven't had a SINGLE ball get hung up there in 2 years - opens up that back area big time.

#211 3 years ago

*IDEA*

No worries! Sorry if I didn't get back to you! I had you on the list at spot #39, so some people get to move up! I hear you, and your machine is absolutely beautifully done Stay tuned for future games.

Regarding the topper, yeah I've actually gotten more interest in that than I had anticipated. It would be a relatively trivial conversion, and we could even use the same backboard.

1 week later
#212 3 years ago

Good morning all!

Happy Monday, the coffee's on and we're ready for business. The last part for the first batch (the plastic impact shields) are set to arrive this week, so the assembly process begins.

As previously mentioned in my commitment, I'll reach out to the first buyers and arrange shipping/payment. Anyone who has experienced a change of heart or backed out for any other reason, we'll just move on down the list.

Time to get these things into your hands and into your games!

-- Jimmy

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Good morning all!
Happy Monday, the coffee's on and we're ready for business. The last part for the first batch (the plastic impact shields) are set to arrive this week, so the assembly process begins.
As previously mentioned in my commitment, I'll reach out to the first buyers and arrange shipping/payment. Anyone who has experienced a change of heart or backed out for any other reason, we'll just move on down the list.
-- Jimmy

Still in! This is exciting news dude

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Good morning all!
-- Jimmy

Hell Yeah this looks Awesome!!!!! TZ hasn't had a major facelift since HEP worked his magic this will be perfect!

#215 3 years ago

Very cool. Addams family has to be another no? Big real Easter back there

#216 3 years ago

Paid and Excited to tear into TZ again for this amazing mod! Bravo well done. I Sincerely hope this is successful as there are Sooo many other titles this would work on. Thanks.

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Good morning all!
-- Jimmy

Not sure where I am on the list but I can’t wait to see these in action!!

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Not sure where I am on the list but I can’t wait to see these in action!!

You're actually #9. Expect to hear from me next week. I can't wait either

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

NICE!!! Thanks Jimmy!

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Are you able to publish the list - otherwise you might be getting 100+ messages.

Rob

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Paid and Excited to tear into TZ again for this amazing mod! Bravo well done. I Sincerely hope this is successful as there are Sooo many other titles this would work on. Thanks.

This. 1000x

#222 3 years ago

Great work, and even more exciting that things are moving along so well. Comes at a good time, when not a lot of other things are coming though. Well done

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Are you able to publish the list - otherwise you might be getting 100+ messages.
Rob

Yes, please! Curious as to where I am on the list as well. Regardless, I’m definitely in!

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Great work, and even more exciting that things are moving along so well. Comes at a good time, when not a lot of other things are coming though. Well done

Quoted from Yelobird:

Thank you both very much! I'm just crawling before I walk, before I run. I'm excited to show you some of the stuff I've got in the pipeline/prototyped on games, etc. These initial units that ship will be a great test of the work that I along with my suppliers are doing, so it's quite important that we get these things ironed out. I've changed the backboard about 6 or 7 times to either make viewing angles better, reduce impact zones, and ease installation among other things. It's both an exciting and a frightening thing getting these types of intricate products into the hands of buyers the first few times. I mean, don't get me wrong, this is nothing like how we handle ourselves on the game design team when the first units roll out.

The best part about all of this is that once we get TZ units rolling, the next game unveiled will have units ready to ship on launch day. Right now is really just the initial investment phase.

Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Rob

Wish I could, goodsir, but seeing as a bunch of these were in PM or email, I don't want to take the liberty of publicizing that (this is just blanket policy on how I treat all of my customers' data). However, I can tell you that you are #11, so you're up here probably within the next week.

Quoted from evileye:

Yes, please! Curious as to where I am on the list as well. Regardless, I’m definitely in!

You're sitting right at #25. Once parts are verified and we've confirmed the first batch didn't explode, we'll ship yours out. (We being me and my wife... who doesn't know she's been volunteered).

-- Jimmy

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

We being me and my wife... who doesn't know she's been volunteered

Good luck with that one ... if we don't hear from you, we know what her answer was

#227 3 years ago

Payment sent. Now I get to sit on my stoop and wait for the delivery truck to show up.

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Payment sent. Now I get to sit on my stoop and wait for the delivery truck to show up.

Thanks! Your controller boards are assembled and about to be flashed with software! The CNC is cutting out the backboard panels for your games and they'll be painted tonight.

Hopefully the impact shields should be here before Friday so we can get everything assembled, tested and shipped!

#229 3 years ago

Looks fantastic. I'd like to be placed on the order list please. I think my added mods won't block too much of the view. (I also did a DIY mod: my gumball machine on the shooter lane is a one of a kind).

IMG_9568 (resized).jpgIMG_9568 (resized).jpgtz mods (resized).jpegtz mods (resized).jpeg
#230 3 years ago

Awesome work Jimmy, keep those routers routin' and those suppliers supplin' !

Looking forward to seeing some of these drop over our side of the pond, there's a lot of excited UK TZ owners right now.

Davey

#231 3 years ago

IMG_20201015_214328 (resized).jpgIMG_20201015_214328 (resized).jpg

IMG_20201018_222850 (resized).jpgIMG_20201018_222850 (resized).jpg

Well, it feels good to ship! The first units have been sent to the post office. A bit later than I had hoped from our initial announcement (33 days ago), but they're rolling out nonetheless.

The USPS finally delivered my large board game flat rate boxes (after about 60 days), so I'm trying those out. Everything is packed tightly with no movement when jostled. We generally eat the cost of insuring the package for full value, but it allows us to quickly make things right in the event that something goes wrong.

Production update:
My current CNC can route about 5 of these per hour, but we're partnering with another company to use their 5x10' CNC so we can CNC 10 or more at a time. There are seven more units going through final painting now and then headed to assembly. So the next set of customers will be contacted and we'll get those out the door!

Thank you all for your patience and enthusiasm!

-- Jimmy

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Well, it feels good to ship! The first units have been sent to the post office. A bit later than I had hoped from our initial announcement (33 days ago), but they're rolling out nonetheless.
The USPS finally delivered my large board game flat rate boxes (after about 60 days), so I'm trying those out. Everything is packed tightly with no movement when jostled. We generally eat the cost of insuring the package for full value, but it allows us to quickly make things right in the event that something goes wrong.
Production update:
My current CNC can route about 5 of these per hour, but we're partnering with another company to use their 5x10' CNC so we can CNC 10 or more at a time. There are seven more units going through final painting now and then headed to assembly. So the next set of customers will be contacted and we'll get those out the door!
-- Jimmy

Wow that’s record speed for a mod of this caliber! That’s only 4 years sooner then the similar Creature video mod still in imaginary process lol. Congrats!

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

The USPS finally delivered my large board game flat rate boxes

Pro tip: If you call on the phone, they show up wayyy faster than ordering online. I'll get you the top secret number

#234 3 years ago

Did I miss a contest for the stand mixer and knives? I don't have a TZ, but I do have a kitchen!

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Production update:
-- Jimmy

Hey Jimmy,

I might have missed it, but how do we request one with the starry decal? That looks great!

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wow that’s record speed for a mod of this caliber! That’s only 4 years sooner then the similar Creature video mod still in imaginary process lol. Congrats!

Haha, well with any of our products, by the time you're seeing them we've typically done the R&D and have already started sourcing. Our supply chain partners are great and we're working on the ramp up now!

Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Pro tip: If you call on the phone, they show up wayyy faster than ordering online. I'll get you the top secret number

Shit yeah! Thanks a ton! -- Didn't even occur to me to dial the 800 number.

Quoted from gstellenberg:

Did I miss a contest for the stand mixer and knives? I don't have a TZ, but I do have a kitchen!
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

I got these knives in a sales contest!

0*4yjpblftRTBmRBib (resized).png0*4yjpblftRTBmRBib (resized).png

While I do love them, if you're in, I'll raffle off some steaks . My wife will go to battle pretty hard over the KitchenAid though.

Quoted from evileye:

Hey Jimmy,
I might have missed it, but how do we request one with the starry decal? That looks great!

I'm in discussions with our supplier for the impact shields about unit pricing with printed artwork. These ones are in white, but we're prototyping some UV printed inks. All of them are reverse print and gorgeous. We built our control system with expansion ports for this exact purpose. I'll keep you posted. Once I know pricing, I'll offer the option to everyone here.

-- Jimmy

#237 3 years ago

I spy raspberry pi zero
Very nice

#238 3 years ago

Really nice and it looked great in the short video!

Please add me to the buy list (PM Sent...#104 on list...thanks).

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

I'm in discussions with our supplier for the impact shields about unit pricing with printed artwork. These ones are in white, but we're prototyping some UV printed inks. All of them are reverse print and gorgeous. We built our control system with expansion ports for this exact purpose. I'll keep you posted. Once I know pricing, I'll offer the option to everyone here.
-- Jimmy

Love what I’m hearing! Thank you!

#240 3 years ago

looking at my mail box every five minutes

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from etien:

looking at my mail box every five minutes

Me too! I can’t wait to get this and look forward to future production for other pins. I can use one of these and all of my pins! There’s a big future here.

#243 3 years ago

Waiting to hear myself Im pretty sure I made the first 20 cutoff!

#244 3 years ago

Put me on the list. Thanks!

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Put me on the list. Thanks!

Gotcha on the list!

#246 3 years ago

It’s likely out of your wheelhouse, but I have to ask. Have you considered inner side blade art that matches the starry night you’re experimenting with on the impact shields? I’ve been wanting simple side blades like this for TZ for a while now. All the other blades out there have floating things and what not, I just want the black and white stars.

#247 3 years ago

I wonder if it’s possible to connect this to a camera and code it to take a selfie at that shot?

#248 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I wonder if it’s possible to connect this to a camera and code it take a selfie at that shot?

Great idea! What shot are you referring to?

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Great idea! What shot are you referring to?

I’ve thought for a while it would be cool at the camera flash to have a selfie at that moment, or some other image pop up, like stills from the show.

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I’ve thought for a while it would be cool at the camera flash to have a selfie at that moment, or some other image pop up, like stills from the show.

You're referring to the camera shot on the game, right?

Technically yeah I could wire that up. Seems pretty cool actually. We'd just have to interface a webcam or some other small form factor camera with the I/O board.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
There are 801 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display/page/5?hl=etien and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.