Good morning all,
I've spent the last few hours responding to emails, PMs and answering questions and I promise I'll get to all of you. The count right now is actually not even just one batch, but three batches in the first 24 hours so I'll tell you what I'm going to do:
- I'm going to ship the first 20 in the next 2.5-3 weeks when parts arrive and assembly begins. Those who have expressed interest and received confirmation will be contacted and we'll arrange the details.
- I'm going to go ahead NOW and order parts for another couple batches so that they get here in pretty close proximity to the other batch going out
- I'm going to get the first 20 into the hands of customers. I need to make sure everything arrives and installs with relatively low friction so that everyone feels like a rockstar through this experience. Once everyone feels good, we'll proceed to the remaining batches and general availability.
This morning I'm working on getting the rest of the responses to interested parties out, and then getting our final controller PCB design fabbed and ready for you.
Now, regarding the demand for Creech. Lots of people have asked for the window mod. I know MikeD did it back in the day, then a few others have attempted so far. I'm getting a better idea of where the snags were, and I offer the following:
- After the TZ run is well underway, I'm happy to either work with the creators of that mod to get it into the marketplace utilizing our control system with no delays or problems.
- If that can't or won't work, I'm happy to make something utilizing artwork that does not cause issue with Universal Pictures or Planetary Pinball. I've worked on teams that have licensed content through PPS, so there are avenues to make that happen.
As with all of our products, there will be the ability to customize the content to your liking. I know there are some animators and videographers out there with some chops. Obviously if you want to contribute, feel free to reach out and we can make it mutually beneficial a-la ColorDMD. Just understand my plan for that is out several weeks at least so I can get everyone what they ordered.
Happy to have everyone on board, and I'm even happier to make some cool stuff with you all! This and the future game list is exciting!