7E983BC6-C31E-48C8-A6C6-5C8A7F9D4539 (resized).png
C21E73C1928420EFE49350C3977B93E1 (resized).jpg
158639739_3687172278045047_3030153382037794031_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20210308_193723671 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210308_193742522 (resized).jpg
C6FD8B51-55A2-472B-93DA-63658BBDA8FD (resized).jpeg
3AE1D9D9-F184-48A3-849A-9FF12CEC530B (resized).jpeg
million (resized).png
There are 801 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 17.
#651 3 years ago

Keep warm compy

#652 3 years ago

It might be nice for Ghostbusters to have a backboard screen as well. It might be sufficient to just have there a video playing thunder & lightning in the night sky!

#653 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

It might be nice for Ghostbusters to have a backboard screen as well. It might be sufficient to just have there a video playing thunder & lightning in the night sky!

I absolutely love this.

#654 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I like this too. I would be switching out Ghostbusters to Whirlwind. Feel the power!

#655 3 years ago

I dont see why this couldnt be a universal product (well save for a few machines that have odd backboards).

Quoted from freeplay3:

I like this too. I would be switching out Ghostbusters to Whirlwind. Feel the power!

Yeeeeeees! Whirlwind. Problem is the ramps would cover it up too much

#656 3 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Can somebody please post a pic of their installation of this product with the Pinsound board? The included cable isn't long enough to connect my 2 boards together and would like to see how others have managed to do so.
Thanks!

I also posted a video showing how to install the pixels board using a PinSound.

Video Starts around 14:40

#657 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

To me, the appeal is not only in the concept itself but more so the quality of animations that are already included. Once these start rolling out, I'd love to see a thread where people start sharing their custom animations.

Quoted from Compy:

However the system does have the ability to have custom assets dropped in. If you've got clips you want to use, that's just fine. We provide the picture frame and the triggers.

Quoted from djsolzs:

I agree epic mod - added animations make it worth it. Is there a tutorial on adding custom videos? Pretty straightforward?

Quoted from VindictiveX:

Has anybody started making custom clips for this? Interested to see what is out there.

Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has added any of their own clips and want to share their experience. I have the mod and think it's great. I'd like to play with this some, but looking for input before I try to go down that path. thanks

1 week later
#658 3 years ago

I gotta be coming up soon on the order list

#659 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

I gotta be coming up soon on the order list.

If so, I expect you're starting to get pumped.

#660 3 years ago

Is this capable of running dual displays? I have a mod to this mod I'm considering.

I have a shitty playfield and I've always loved the game but the door in the playfield has always looked like a poor design to me. Im considering cutting out the door and doing a CFTBL esque setup where there would be a display there instead. Compys method of triggering the display should work well here. I know I'll get a ton of shit for even thinking about this but the playfield sucks anyways so nothing will be lost.

#661 3 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Is this capable of running dual displays? I have a mod to this mod I'm considering.
I have a shitty playfield and I've always loved the game but the door in the playfield has always looked like a poor design to me. Im considering cutting out the door and doing a CFTBL esque setup where there would be a display there instead. Compys method of triggering the display should work well here. I know I'll get a ton of shit for even thinking about this but the playfield sucks anyways so nothing will be lost.

That sounds like a great idea!

#662 3 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Wow that would look cool! Especially if you did it similar to the Alien playfield monitor. Love to see you pull this off.

#663 3 years ago

Well 2 votes for and none against so far. Gonna go measure and see if I can find a display that would fit.

#664 3 years ago

Roughly 5.5 x 9.5.(138 x 248 mm)

This might be a tough one to find.

#665 3 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Roughly 5.5 x 9.5.(138 x 248 mm)
This might be a tough one to find.

Fear not!

https://www.buydisplay.com/10-1-inch-raspberry-pi-screen-w-hdmi-video-vga-driver-board-1024x600

Here it is on my game
PXL_20210308_193723671 (resized).jpgPXL_20210308_193723671 (resized).jpg

PXL_20210308_193742522 (resized).jpgPXL_20210308_193742522 (resized).jpg

If you decide to go forth, I can ship you a version of the board with two display outputs.

I gotta be coming up soon on the order list

We're catching back up. We've got 15 units going to the UK, but we've split the line so that we do half of that order and then half of the domestic/other international orders. Given the ice storm delay, you're actually up this week. I'll send a PM.

-- Jimmy

#666 3 years ago

Hells yeah!!!!!

Just trying to plan for routing it and not messing up the adjoining clear. I guess I just trim with a razor first then drill and route around the edges.

Trying to work out what kind of plastic to put over the hole too.

I'm gonna go measure and figure out how much stuff I have to strip off the playfield to get my router in there with proper guides too.

Thank you Compy!! ! !

#667 3 years ago

I would rout it so you have a ledge available to mount a piece of plexiglass that is level with the playfield like a Gottlieb HH for example. Then mount the screen under it?

#668 3 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

I would rout it so you have a ledge available to mount a piece of plexiglass that is level with the playfield like a Gottlieb HH for example. Then mount the screen under it?

Yeah that's what I am trying to figure out. I'll probably go that route. Sorry compy didn't mean to hijack your thread. I'll order one of those screens so I can figure out placement and if the viewing angle will work out.

#669 3 years ago

What are you using as your editor?

Per your previous post i see that we can just replace files on the SD card, but is there a way to edit the triggers?

#670 3 years ago

I got to be soon also. Been almost 6 weeks. Can’t wait. This is an amazing mod.

#671 3 years ago

Just installed tonight! It's AMAZING! A game changer for me. I kept playing just to see the new animations.

I decide to show my wife the new mod, and I was so excited to get a reaction from her, but I couldn't hit anything! And the more she pressured me, the worst I played. lol

Highly recommended. Jimmy also provides excellent support too! It's a must have mod for TZ.

158639739_3687172278045047_3030153382037794031_n (resized).jpg158639739_3687172278045047_3030153382037794031_n (resized).jpg
#672 3 years ago

OMG am getting really excited by everyone's feedback...
I think I may fall soon ...

#673 3 years ago

I’ve been off pinside for a long time on a break and just found this, it’s like a Xmas morning feeling. Add me to the list please.

#674 3 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I’ve been off pinside for a long time on a break and just found this, it’s like a Xmas morning feeling. Add me to the list please.

Funny, I've done the same thing. After a few years hiatus I got back on and found this thread. Had Compy add me to the list the day after Christmas. Waiting for Santa to arrive!

#675 3 years ago

Hey All, my son and I installed it today, working like a charm & awesome. Many thanks Jimmy !!! 86pixels rulez..

#676 3 years ago
Quoted from Quiznix:

Hey All, my son and I installed it today, working like a charm & awesome. Many thanks Jimmy !!! 86pixels rulez..

Thank you! That means the world to me and Alana. We're definitely working our butts off trying to get you guys some great mods for great prices.

---- Production Update ----

We're working hard to fill the backlog of orders and are back up to our normal pace. For the most part, the only thing that we're contending with is vendor slowness, which just identifies things we can do better in our supply chain management processes. Live and learn.

We're shipping another batch tomorrow, then we've got about 14 units headed to the UK through @myPinballs - Shipping is funny, we've quoted these things like 6 times and each time it comes out different. So far, it seems that shipping each unit individually packaged is the most cost effective way to get it across. Those customers will be contacted by Jim just as soon as we ship next week. The only "gotcha" for our UK friends is that you'll need to convert the power plug from a standard US AC outlet plug. Other international orders are being shipped in the regular order queue.

In other news, a creature is stirring!
3 pallets o' Creech3 pallets o' Creech

Special thanks to our friends at Titan Pinball for bending brackets, stamping logos, anodizing, cutting and testing and everything else they're doing.

Happy Friday-eve, let's play some pinball!
-- Jimmy

#677 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Happy Friday-eve, let's play some pinball!
-- Jimmy

Well ahead of you mate, we're kicking into the weekend

#678 3 years ago

Nice one Jimmy everything looking great, and the creech mafia and going to be very excited by this new turn of events. Hopefully everything starts to turn a corner soon with regards to supplier and part availability.

Davey

#679 3 years ago

I just got a ship notification

Get my TZ installed and then I'm gonna have to pull the trigger on the Creech screen to replace my original compy mod and then wait for that ToM magic mirror.

#680 3 years ago

Get my TZ installed and then I'm gonna have to pull the trigger on the Creech screen to replace my original compy mod and then wait for that ToM magic mirror.

Right behind you!

#681 3 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Would like to get on the list for TZ if possible

Kinda wondering if I got missed since I tried to get on the list 75 days ago? Either way looks like a sweet mod!

#682 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

-+This teaser pic ranks up there with a Stern teaser. Boxes on a pallet!? You're killin' me Compy

Looking forward to the reveal!

#683 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

7E983BC6-C31E-48C8-A6C6-5C8A7F9D4539 (resized).png7E983BC6-C31E-48C8-A6C6-5C8A7F9D4539 (resized).png
#684 3 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Kinda wondering if I got missed since I tried to get on the list 75 days ago? Either way looks like a sweet mod!

Yep, we forgot you! PM sent, we'll make this right, and quickly.

Quoted from Fifty:

-+This teaser pic ranks up there with a Stern teaser. Boxes on a pallet!? You're killin' me Compy
Looking forward to the reveal!

Pssh, for it to really resemble Stern, I'd have to set up a paid insider club just so you can buy our stuff first, then a Facebook group that I could beg you to like and then block you from, you know, just to show you who's boss.

Quoted from stumblor:

Nice one Jimmy everything looking great, and the creech mafia and going to be very excited by this new turn of events. Hopefully everything starts to turn a corner soon with regards to supplier and part availability.
Davey

I hope so too! It's been interesting to try to plan for all of these, but those displays should move out either today or Monday and on our dock by the first of April.

Quoted from Manny65:

Well ahead of you mate, we're kicking into the weekend

I dig it! Play on!

Yep, yours is on the truck today! We appreciate the kind words and support. Once you get yours and start going through things, feel free to reach out with any questions.

Back to crimping!
-- Jimmy

#685 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

This is good to hear. I am assuming you are referring to the Creech mod. Put me on the list now. Please please please, somehow buy his videos or make videos like his.

#686 3 years ago

Since import duties to EU are paused for 4 months, would be great if you could now send my TZ-mod.
I've sent you a PM with my address.

#687 3 years ago

PM sent.

#688 3 years ago

Compy,

I received my kit today and it's really nice. Followed the instructions, double checked orientation and fired my TZ up.

While the pinvision works correctly, it is causing corruption of my ColorDMD.

If I disconnect the original ribbon that connects to J601 on the DMD controller from the jumper ribbon from the soundboard/pinvision card the ColorDMD works fine. Reconnecting the original J601 ribbon to the pinvision jumper ribbon resumes ColorDMD corruption. The corruption exhibits as vertical bars where the even numbered bars are fixed unchanging static/pixels and the odd number bars are corrupted/changing with the game.

*edit* further test, I believe that the jumper ribbon is defective.

Pinvision plugged in to sound card with jumper cable, Original ribbon plugged into jumper ribbon and DMD controller = corruption

Original ribbon connected to sound card with jumper ribbon and Pinvision board bypassed = corruption

IMG_8236 (resized).jpgIMG_8236 (resized).jpg

#689 3 years ago

Compy,
I received my kit today and it's really nice. Followed the instructions, double checked orientation and fired my TZ up.
While the pinvision works correctly, it is causing corruption of my ColorDMD.
If I disconnect the original ribbon that connects to J601 on the DMD controller from the jumper ribbon from the soundboard/pinvision card the ColorDMD works fine. Reconnecting the original J601 ribbon to the pinvision jumper ribbon resumes ColorDMD corruption. The corruption exhibits as vertical bars where the even numbered bars are fixed unchanging static/pixels and the odd number bars are corrupted/changing with the game.
*edit* further test, I believe that the jumper ribbon is defective.
Pinvision plugged in to sound card with jumper cable, Original ribbon plugged into jumper ribbon and DMD controller = corruption
Original ribbon connected to sound card with jumper ribbon and Pinvision board bypassed = corruption
[quoted image]

Yeah it's most definitely the T cable.

We'll send a replacement today.

#690 3 years ago

I need to take the time to install my kit. I have had it a few months.

#691 3 years ago
Quoted from robotronjohn:

It looks a lot harder to install than it actually is.

#692 3 years ago
Quoted from robotronjohn:

Its really super easy.

#693 3 years ago

Kit arrived today, looks awesome! Honestly I didn’t realize just how large the screen is, can’t wait to get it in.

#694 3 years ago

The creature is restless today!

24C14152-0D3F-4301-A517-0520A3FDD0A0 (resized).jpeg24C14152-0D3F-4301-A517-0520A3FDD0A0 (resized).jpeg
#695 3 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

[quoted image]

I'll keep an open mind on this mounting method, but I'm also hoping there's an option for mounting underneath the playfield. Glad to see it's a work in progress though!

#696 3 years ago

Wait, what? How would you mount this thing if not under the pf?

#697 3 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Sweeeeet!!! Can't wait!

#698 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Wait, what? How would you mount this thing if not under the pf?

It mounts to the cabinet floor with the monitor raised to sit below the PF - I'm assume you keep the original cardboard shroud that is attached to the underside of the PF so that you only see the monitor screen. It'll be more in keeping to the original holo view compared to having a LCD screen mounted directly onto the bottom side of the PF.

#699 3 years ago

Add me to the list for Creature. I've got to have one of these.

#700 3 years ago

It’s good that we will have a choice of two of these mods.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 132.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 1,059.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 801 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display/page/14?hl=parispinballadct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.