7E983BC6-C31E-48C8-A6C6-5C8A7F9D4539 (resized).png
C21E73C1928420EFE49350C3977B93E1 (resized).jpg
158639739_3687172278045047_3030153382037794031_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20210308_193723671 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210308_193742522 (resized).jpg
C6FD8B51-55A2-472B-93DA-63658BBDA8FD (resized).jpeg
3AE1D9D9-F184-48A3-849A-9FF12CEC530B (resized).jpeg
million (resized).png
There are 801 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 17.
#601 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Our system usually sends that stuff out, sorry if you didn't get it!
https://86pixels.com/tz/install/ is where you can find the manual with a bunch of pictures. We've also started printing that link on all the internal invoice paperwork just so everyone knows. Once I get the new website online, it'll be a bit more obvious
As always, reach out with any questions!
-- Jimmy

Thank you!

Also, the TZ used in the instructions looks like it is ready for a take-down and deep cleaning.

Note: my playfield backboard has these additional brackets (I don't know the name of the part), that appear to assist in the playfield lift operation. It doesn't look like I'll be able to fit one onto the new backboard. Do you have any thoughts?
IMG_0763 (resized).jpgIMG_0763 (resized).jpg

IMG_0762 (resized).jpgIMG_0762 (resized).jpg
#602 3 years ago
Quoted from BrackAttack:

Thank you!
Also, the TZ used in the instructions looks like it is ready for a take-down and deep cleaning.
Note: my playfield backboard has these additional brackets (I don't know the name of the part), that appear to assist in the playfield lift operation. It doesn't look like I'll be able to fit one onto the new backboard. Do you have any thoughts?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yep that question has come up before - here's Compy response https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display/page/10#post-6035242

#603 3 years ago

Hi Compy, while patiently waiting for my TZ + TOM pack I read through your welldone TZ installation package PDF you posted online. I have a question, is it compatible with the pinsound (PLUS) setup? Cheers. Etienne

#604 3 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Hi Compy, while patiently waiting for my TZ + TOM pack I read through your welldone TZ installation package PDF you posted online. I have a question, is it compatible with the pinsound (PLUS) setup? Cheers. Etienne

what is the TZ TOM pack

#605 3 years ago

I pre-ordered both and Compy will mail them to me in one box. Etienne

#607 3 years ago

Good morning all!

We've been expanding operations for current and future demand, so I've been splitting time between that and current mod production. The TZ line is running normally. Parts for TOM arrived today, so I'll be assembling those boards throughout the weekend to start getting those out to customers.

We've got prototype displays inbound for creature to see where we want to take that mod going forward.

Quoted from BrackAttack:

Thank you!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Haha, I know I need to clean out the cab. It was an old ratted out one off of route. Regarding your brackets, yeah some TZs have those still and it was used when you needed to lift the playfield assembly out of the cabinet entirely. It doesn't interrupt regular operation either sliding in/out or into service (vertical) position.

IMG_20210121_201020 (resized).jpgIMG_20210121_201020 (resized).jpgPXL_20210122_172410272 (resized).jpgPXL_20210122_172410272 (resized).jpg
#608 3 years ago

Nice to see the ToM project moving along!

#609 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Nice to see the ToM project moving along!

Indeed, eagerly awaiting mine

#610 3 years ago

Great to see some TOM action. Seen my question about pinsound compatibility Compy?

#611 3 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Great to see some TOM action. Seen my question about pinsound compatibility Compy?

Yessir! We're compatible with pinsound and pinsound plus.

#612 3 years ago

Installed the TZ mod yesterday... Absolutely love it! This makes a great game even better. A little modern touch to a classic. Thanks again.

#613 3 years ago

Please produce more vids for the TZ mod. I love it but it really needs more vids.

#614 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Please produce more vids for the TZ mod. I love it but it really needs more vids.

I don’t have my installed yet. Yes yes the first time I’ve heard a comment requesting more videos.

#615 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Stay tuned

#616 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I don’t have my installed yet. Yes yes the first time I’ve heard a comment requesting more videos.

I have had my TZ for 20 years. I keep it even though I have finished it multiple times because it is my favorite game. The video just adds another level of fun to the game.

#617 3 years ago

Installed, and I love it. Thanks for building these. I have a lot of mods installed and I can still see the screen perfectly;

#618 3 years ago
Quoted from BrackAttack:

Installed, and I love it. Thanks for building these. I have a lot of mods installed and I can still see the screen perfectly;

Thanks for posting the video. Looks fantastic.

#619 3 years ago

Have just installed mine and love it. As my son said, it looks like it really belongs in Twilight Zone. It’s really well engineered, packaged, and the instructions were super clear (one tiny difference was there is no J2 on the display controller board, just J1 and J3 - I plugged it into J1).
I had a badly stripped hole at the back left of my playfield and had to put a toothpick up there with some wood glue - no biggie.

#620 3 years ago

Are you still planning on releasing a creature mod?

#621 3 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Have just installed mine and love it. As my son said, it looks like it really belongs in Twilight Zone. It’s really well engineered, packaged, and the instructions were super clear (one tiny difference was there is no J2 on the display controller board, just J1 and J3 - I plugged it into J1).
I had a badly stripped hole at the back left of my playfield and had to put a toothpick up there with some wood glue - no biggie.

We're glad you like it! Yeah the mounting situation is really the most painful part, and everyone's playfield is in slightly different condition. I've had some where our #8 screws were enough, and some that even had issues with #10 screws grabbing.

Yeah, the silk screen has been corrected! I'll update the documentation too! You made the right call for sure!

Quoted from zr11990:

Are you still planning on releasing a creature mod?

Yes to creech, yes to videos, and yes to a bunch of other things. I'm just trying to get Theatre of Magic out the door, unfortunately I'm one guy assembling these in my garage (though our manufacturing partners are really beginning to take a ton of the load off!)

For creech, we're waiting on sample displays from our manufacturer. Hope to most more when those arrive!

-- Jimmy

#622 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

For creech, we're waiting on sample displays from our manufacturer. Hope to most more when those arrive!

Well hurry the fuck up.

#623 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Well hurry the fuck up.

GAHHH!!! *rushes back to the garage*

#625 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Where am I at (lead time) in the list?

Just checked, and you're looking at 3-4 weeks right now. Estimated Feb 20ish?

#626 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Just checked, and you're looking at 3-4 weeks right now. Estimated Feb 20ish?

Sweet. I don't even know how much this thing costs.

#627 3 years ago

million (resized).pngmillion (resized).png
#628 3 years ago

Yeah, its buried in the intro text on the first page:

1. Base mod with display, cable harnesses, mounting brackets, software, control boards and everything you need - $369
2. Optional starry sky printed plastic - $25
Shipping domestically is generally $20-25 via UPS.

#629 3 years ago

I would like to order one of these, saw in last night on a TZ and it was epic.

#630 3 years ago

Epic? Lol

#631 3 years ago

Ha, I did that too. I emailed and said I definitely want one, and then I went..."wait, how much is this anyway?". Fair price for what you get, i think.

#632 3 years ago

I agree epic mod - added animations make it worth it. Is there a tutorial on adding custom videos? Pretty straightforward?

Quoted from pballjunkie:

#633 3 years ago

Has anybody started making custom clips for this? Interested to see what is out there.

#634 3 years ago
Quoted from VindictiveX:

Has anybody started making custom clips for this? Interested to see what is out there.

I've had people ask about upgrading the videos with their own, so I think there are multiple people working on it. We're also working on new clips too. This is an entirely new product though, so I fully expected it to take a bit for the market to catch up with custom content. We also have no problem with people selling video content upgrades on their own for their own original content.

Quoted from djsolzs:

I agree epic mod - added animations make it worth it. Is there a tutorial on adding custom videos? Pretty straightforward?

Thank you for the kind words! It's pretty straight forward. You just need to mix down mp4 video files at 1280x390 resolution. You then take the SD card out of the controller board (far right side of the board in the backbox), plop it into your PC, and replace the files that are already there. Everything is arranged by folders that correspond to mode names in the game.

Quoted from Goonie:

Ha, I did that too. I emailed and said I definitely want one, and then I went..."wait, how much is this anyway?". Fair price for what you get, i think.

Haha, yeah, we try to keep everything updated on the first page, but understand that people are joining the party much later! So for other peoples' reference, $369 for the base mod, $25 for the optional starry sky printed plastic and whatever shipping is via UPS. I'm definitely not out to rip people off. Our future games leverage a 19" panel that is almost exactly as wide as the playfield is. While that unit costs more, we just pass the cost on. I still personally think its better than a $1,000 topper.

Quoted from pballjunkie:

Gotcha on the list! You're looking at the first week or so of March until your unit is on the line and ready for assembly.

-- Jimmy

#635 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

We also have no problem with people selling video content upgrades on their own for their own original content

This is interesting - I think your clips are great but I would love to see more options could be endless possibilities to continue to enhance this... very cool!

#636 3 years ago

PM sent about CFTBL mod.

#637 3 years ago

Just got my panel installed into my twilight zone this mod is amazingly cool! Absolutely love the animations.

#638 3 years ago

Really jalous of all those happy customers installing theirs, still "patiently" waiting to get the green ligth from Compy

#639 3 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Really jalous of all those happy customers installing theirs, still "patiently" waiting to get the green ligth from Compy

I was in your shoes several months ago, with the wait!!!

#640 3 years ago

Please add me to the TZ list, great product.

Cheers

Vas

#641 3 years ago

I'm late to the game but this TZ mod looks amazing. Are you still taking orders? How do I get on "the List"?

#642 3 years ago
Quoted from Vasme:

Please add me to the TZ list, great product.
Cheers
Vas

Quoted from Flipperover:

I'm late to the game but this TZ mod looks amazing. Are you still taking orders? How do I get on "the List"?

Gotcha both! You're looking at about 6-7 weeks lead time on your mod before it hits the line. I'll usually reach out the week before and coordinate shipping/billing/etc.

-- Jimmy

#643 3 years ago

Please add me to the list, great way to fill a dark area.

#644 3 years ago

Put me down for one TZ with the plastic.

#645 3 years ago

Hey Jimmy
Congrats on one of the sweetest mods I have ever seen!
Wally

#646 3 years ago
Quoted from BrackAttack:

What do you have going on, on that upper playfield. Looks cool.

#647 3 years ago

Can somebody please post a pic of their installation of this product with the Pinsound board? The included cable isn't long enough to connect my 2 boards together and would like to see how others have managed to do so.

Thanks!

#648 3 years ago

The included cable goes from the Pinsound board to the 86pixels board. The middle connector of the original sound cable goes to the socket on the new cable. Hope this helps!

3AE1D9D9-F184-48A3-849A-9FF12CEC530B (resized).jpeg3AE1D9D9-F184-48A3-849A-9FF12CEC530B (resized).jpegC6FD8B51-55A2-472B-93DA-63658BBDA8FD (resized).jpegC6FD8B51-55A2-472B-93DA-63658BBDA8FD (resized).jpeg

#649 3 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

The included cable goes from the Pinsound board to the 86pixels board. The middle connector of the original sound cable goes to the socket on the new cable. Hope this helps!
[quoted image][quoted image]

That helps a bunch! Thank you.

#650 3 years ago

Thank you Titan_Pinball for responding to dgposter . We generally aim to respond to messages (nearly) instantly, but we've been without power in this ice storm for about 78 hours, and its about 45 degrees in the house. Today is really the first day where we've had reliable cell service. At this point, we're doing all we can to keep warm. Once power and water is restored, we'll get right back to filling orders and shipping as soon as our carriers are back online.

I hope this gets you set up @dgposter. I'll try to check back in a couple times a day when the phone/laptop charge permits.

To everyone asking to get on the list for mods, you'll definitely be added in the order that your messages were received!

Props to our friends at Multimorphic and TheBEAVR for offering help and dropping off extra propane to run the grill and outdoor heaters. The biggest ribeyes await you.

Until a warmer day, keep flipping and stay safe!
-- Jimmy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 14.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.50
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

There are 801 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display/page/13?hl=parispinballadct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.