7E983BC6-C31E-48C8-A6C6-5C8A7F9D4539 (resized).png
C21E73C1928420EFE49350C3977B93E1 (resized).jpg
158639739_3687172278045047_3030153382037794031_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20210308_193723671 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210308_193742522 (resized).jpg
C6FD8B51-55A2-472B-93DA-63658BBDA8FD (resized).jpeg
3AE1D9D9-F184-48A3-849A-9FF12CEC530B (resized).jpeg
million (resized).png
There are 801 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 17.
#551 3 years ago

In on TZ.
Please add me to the CFTBL list.
Thanks!

#552 3 years ago

Please put me on the CFTBL list! Such a great thing to see all of the mods that people come up with, this looks like a sure winner. Thanks!

#553 3 years ago

Add me to the CFTBL list too.

#554 3 years ago

Pm sent Jan 3. Hope I’m on the CFTBL list!

#555 3 years ago

Ha e not seen a CFTBL list. Just let us know compy. Don't want to get closed out

#556 3 years ago

compy creature mod please

#557 3 years ago

Please put me down for a TZ with the Starry add on. Thanks!

#558 3 years ago

Has anyone see Compy ?

#559 3 years ago

Good morning all!

Still here! Just finishing up this week's production run of TZ displays before they get shipped on Monday. Obviously there's a ton of demand for the creech mod, and if our production pushes other alternative mods onto the market, I think that's a win for everyone. A bit more about it to answer a bunch of questions:

1. The mod does indeed mount with a bracket to the bottom of the cabinet and doesn't interfere with the playfield positioning.
2. The kit is designed to include everything you need (control boards, power boards, display, mounting brackets, etc).
3. For every unit sold, MikeD gets a cut because we're standing on the shoulders of giants.
4. We're adding new videos to the package and making sure we're doing things in a manner that doesn't step on anyone's IP and licensing IP where it makes sense with the player experience.
5. The kit would run on our control hardware/software, not the original MikeD hardware/software. We don't want to support two systems.
6. We're waiting on shipments for the prototype displays.
7. We can do some testing with a flush mounted display if that's what people want, but we wanted to keep things in line with the original mod/hologram staring at the player, and flush mounted displays remove that bit of dimension. Though this is indeed personal preference. The big factor is getting a display that reliably fits into the given window space while maximizing display area, but without hitting lamps or sling coils that are right next to the window. As such, we'd re-manufacture the light shields so that you could see the monitor normally.

In closing, this is a decent fit with our current/upcoming product line as we can leverage the same cable harnesses, hardware and software to make this thing a reality. We've done everything to allow ample opportunity in the market for the need to be met, and will continue to do so. If there's ever a joint opportunity, we're obviously open to it. If people buy our first production units and the need continues, cool, we'll make sure people get what they want. If not, no worries, we've got more products in the pipeline and it's not a detriment to our company.

Happy Friday, Pinsiders! Let's play some pinball.

-- Jimmy

#560 3 years ago

Jimmy,

I finished the installation of the mod today. It looks and works great! Thanks for the excellent work.

FYI, I had to relocate the push-button circuit board to the upper right hand side of the display. The buttons kept hitting the split loom on the wiring harness causing the display to blank out and nothing else I did seemed to work. The stick-on velcro you used made it a quick fix.

Thanks again!!

#561 3 years ago

Hi Jimmy,

send you 4 days later a PM no answer, please look, you said on 15. november im number 71 for the twight zone mod, my question is, is it possible to say at what time im on the line.

thanks for an answer

regards
thomas

#562 3 years ago
Quoted from tomypin:

Hi Jimmy,
send you 4 days later a PM no answer, please look, you said on 15. november im number 71 for the twight zone mod, my question is, is it possible to say at what time im on the line.
thanks for an answer
regards
thomas

Hey Thomas,

We haven't invoiced you yet because we're trying to see what the tariff situation brings on international shipments! I just shot you a PM so we can do a shipping quote and get you rolling. We have your mod set aside already.

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry for the delay! We've got a host of UK orders as well.

#563 3 years ago

Screams
"Why did we sell our Creature!!!!!"

But congrats to all that have this game. Should be an amazing mod.

#564 3 years ago

Cftbl please and I need install directions for my twilight zone

#565 3 years ago

I’m in on Tz and now will add the Creature.

#566 3 years ago

Interested in creech mod as well. any idea on pricing yet?

#567 3 years ago

Compy put me in for a TZ version, looks fantastic!

#568 3 years ago
Quoted from Inkyjosh:

Cftbl please and I need install directions for my twilight zone

Sorry about that! Our system usually sends out instructions. PM sent with the big PDF attachment with all the pictures/instructions for installation.

Quoted from locksmith:

I’m in on Tz and now will add the Creature.

Awesome! Glad to have you! We'll let you know as soon as we get an idea for final pricing and form a list on creech.

Quoted from rwalters21:

Interested in creech mod as well. any idea on pricing yet?

We'll keep you posted! We're waiting on final display assemblies to get an accurate idea for BOM cost. The major contingencies are:
1. Display cost, though we've got a rough idea
2. Licensing any content we want (like game artwork, etc). We've not received any legal correspondence, but we do all of this pre-emptively as a matter of course, and it opens up creativity for the next point.
3. Video production - While we'll use any existing content that doesn't violate any copyrights/trademarks, we'll add more video to make sure the kit packs a punch. Licensing means we get access to non-universal specific WMS game art, pending their approval.

We've set a cap, even if it means taking a hit on margin of no more than $600 for everything (including control boards, hardware, displays, cable harnesses, software, etc).

I should know more this week.

Quoted from merccat:

compy put me in for a TZ version, looks fantastic!

Got you in! You're looking at about 4-5 weeks before your mod is due on the line for assembly. Sound good? If so, we're wheels up and ready to go. We don't take a dime from you until your parts are in and things are ready to assemble.

-- Jimmy

#569 3 years ago

Po

Quoted from Compy:

..,We've set a cap, even if it means taking a hit on margin of no more than $600 for everything (including control boards, hardware, displays, cable harnesses, software, etc).
I should know more this week.

-- Jimmy

I appreciate the transparency. But don’t sell yourself short and limit your profits. You’ve worked hard to get here and you need to be properly compensated to keep making more great mods in the future!

#570 3 years ago

Compy are you making a list for the creature mod at this point?

#571 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Po

I appreciate the transparency. But don’t sell yourself short and limit your profits. You’ve worked hard to get here and you need to be properly compensated to keep making more great mods in the future!

I would appreciate it if you sell yourself short and limit your profits. My Canadian wallet can't handle all the Creech goodness within these forum walls! Ha ha! Or, if you could let the American dollar tank in the next few months that would be greatly appreciated!

#572 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Or, if you could let the American dollar tank in the next few months that would be greatly appreciated!

Dont worry, it will soon.

#573 3 years ago

So, what's the difference between the old mike-d creech mod and the new one?

#574 3 years ago

Aww so much action here and so little in the ToM mirror mod thread, makes me a bit jealous

#575 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

So, what's the difference between the old mike-d creech mod and the new one?

The kit would run on Compy's control hardware/software but leverage MikeD's video assets (and also have some additional video content by the sounds of it)

#576 3 years ago

Compy Please put me down for a TWZ, thanks!

#577 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Aww so much action here and so little in the ToM mirror mod thread, makes me a bit jealous

Hey bud! Don't feel down. The laser cutter is now active and I'm making some final brackets while waiting on the RGB LED PCBs. We've had issues due to supply/logistics shortages that I'm hoping calm down here pretty quickly. I've also ordered enough parts to assemble by hand if needed.

Quoted from Manny65:

The kit would run on Compy's control hardware/software but leverage MikeD's video assets (and also have some additional video content by the sounds of it)

Koo-rect!

Quoted from DanielJDougherty:

compy Please put me down for a TWZ, thanks!

You're in, dude! You're looking at about 4-6 weeks if that's cool.

#578 3 years ago

Hi Jimmy!

Haven't seen a PM yet so I hope I haven't fell off the list. Can you tell me how far back in the que I am?

Thanks!

Karl
texasbulldog

#579 3 years ago
Quoted from texasbulldog:

Hi Jimmy!
Haven't seen a PM yet so I hope I haven't fell off the list. Can you tell me how far back in the que I am?
Thanks!
Karl
texasbulldog

Hey Karl!

Your batch is due up on 1/25. So I'll reach out closer to that time to get your info, confirm options, etc

#580 3 years ago

I absolutely need this mod in my life, TZ is my favorite pin of all time!

Please put me on the list for this. So sick. Awesome job. I didn't read the entire thread, but hopefully it's a pretty easy install. Thanks man.

#581 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Please put me on the list for this. So sick. Awesome job. I didn't read the entire thread, but hopefully it's a pretty easy install. Thanks man.

Easy to install and worth it!

#582 3 years ago

Can't recommend Jimmy's mod enough!!! Just amazing, and really brings the game to life (even more, if that's possible).

TZ has always been ragged for the most gadgets/ gizmos added in mod land.

This backboard is in another league, looking like it always belonged there. I've been fascinated with it and the game again since installation...well done!!...mark

(CFTBL is an absolute need for me now, lol)....

#583 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Can the original mod be upgraded to the new mod? (Software)

#584 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:Can the original mod be upgraded to the new mod? (Software)

Unfortunately not at this time as the software is designed to run on our specific hardware. However if we find someone with a MikeD mod that wants to help us test, we'll happily ship off the new video assets to see how they run on the MikeD hardware. Provided there aren't any major kinks, we can make those available to anyone who wants to breathe new life into their current MikeD mod.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Can't recommend Jimmy's mod enough!!! Just amazing, and really brings the game to life (even more, if that's possible).
TZ has always been ragged for the most gadgets/ gizmos added in mod land.
This backboard is in another league, looking like it always belonged there. I've been fascinated with it and the game again since installation...well done!!...mark
(CFTBL is an absolute need for me now, lol)....

Coming from a mod maker of your caliber, that means the world to me. Also, your other package is on the way!

Quoted from Yelobird:

Easy to install and worth it!

Dave... always a privilege!

Quoted from kpg:

You're in! I'll send you a message closer to your mod's production date (4-5 weeks).

#585 3 years ago

Please add me to the TZ list, 4-6 weeks is no issue
Stellar work! Very impressive!
Thanks
Mike

#586 3 years ago

Already on the list for TZ, but please add me to Creature list!

#587 3 years ago

Finished the install and all I have to say is wow.

Here is a crappy video I made. Install was easy. Pinsound Plus, ColorDMD and Pinstadium lighting. No issues.

#588 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Unfortunately not at this time as the software is designed to run on our specific hardware. However if we find someone with a MikeD mod that wants to help us test, we'll happily ship off the new video assets to see how they run on the MikeD hardware. Provided there aren't any major kinks, we can make those available to anyone who wants to breathe new life into their current MikeD mod.

Coming from a mod maker of your caliber, that means the world to me. Also, your other package is on the way!

Dave... always a privilege!

You're in! I'll send you a message closer to your mod's production date (4-5 weeks).

I am picking up a creature tomorrow that has the original MikeD mod in it.

#589 3 years ago

Compy,

I'm picking up a TZ next week so sign me up for your TZ mod.

#590 3 years ago

Stern Ghostbusters and Tron and maybe Iron Man need this!

#591 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Compy,
I'm picking up a TZ next week so sign me up for your TZ mod.

You're in!

Quoted from Bos98:

Stern Ghostbusters and Tron and maybe Iron Man need this!

Couldn't agree more! I just need to find one of those titles

#592 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

You're in!

Couldn't agree more! I just need to find one of those titles

I have them. Is there anyway I can help from a far?

#593 3 years ago

Compy pls add me to the Tz list. Phenomenal work!!!

#594 3 years ago

How is the Creech mod coming?

#595 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Got you in! You're looking at about 4-5 weeks before your mod is due on the line for assembly. Sound good? If so, we're wheels up and ready to go. We don't take a dime from you until your parts are in and things are ready to assemble.

Perfectly fine, looking forward to it, thanks!

#596 3 years ago

Is there a link to the install instructions, or a video install? Thanks.

#597 3 years ago
Quoted from BrackAttack:

Is there a link to the install instructions, or a video install? Thanks.

Our system usually sends that stuff out, sorry if you didn't get it!

https://86pixels.com/tz/install/ is where you can find the manual with a bunch of pictures. We've also started printing that link on all the internal invoice paperwork just so everyone knows. Once I get the new website online, it'll be a bit more obvious

As always, reach out with any questions!
-- Jimmy

#598 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

https://86pixels.com/install/tz is where you can find the manual with a bunch of pictures. We've also started printing that link on all the internal invoice paperwork just so everyone knows. Once I get the new website online, it'll be a bit more obvious

Link isn't working?

#599 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Link isn't working?

Whoops! Dyslexia! Updated and tested! Thanks.

#600 3 years ago

My TZ arrives later today! When does the TZ mod become available?

Thanks Compy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 12.95
$ 14.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 22.50
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 801 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display/page/12?hl=inkyjosh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.