7E983BC6-C31E-48C8-A6C6-5C8A7F9D4539 (resized).png
C21E73C1928420EFE49350C3977B93E1 (resized).jpg
158639739_3687172278045047_3030153382037794031_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20210308_193723671 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210308_193742522 (resized).jpg
C6FD8B51-55A2-472B-93DA-63658BBDA8FD (resized).jpeg
3AE1D9D9-F184-48A3-849A-9FF12CEC530B (resized).jpeg
million (resized).png
There are 801 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 17.
#451 3 years ago

Good morning all,

Just an engineering update for everyone!

The next batch of panels are assembled and tested. We've got over 100 display panels and 110 controller boards in stock and ready to pull off the shelf for assembly. At this point, we're just waiting on our new batch of cable assemblies. Our batches thus far have shipped with IDC ends, but our new cable design is all molex and they're no longer made in my garage, so they should look and perform great.

We're hoping to get the current batch out tomorrow morning, but EOW at the latest. It just looks like the cable shipment got delayed in customs.

Just figured I'd keep everyone in the loop! After this batch goes out, we'll be back on track!

We are also working on our next game, to be announced in December.

-- Jimmy

#453 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Submitted my vote for Pixels 86 TZ backboard Mod as Mod of the year!!
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twipy-2020-pre-voting/

Thank you so much! I'm extremely humbled, and 86Pixels looks forward to shipping more and more of these TZ backboard mods out!

If you've enjoyed yours, feel free to drop a line on the TWIP website as well!

#454 3 years ago

Good morning,

Did you manage to find a solution for the EU tax issue?

Regards

#455 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning,
Did you manage to find a solution for the EU tax issue?
Regards

Good morning!

We're still working with our EU based distributors and are in a bit of a holding pattern right now. We hope to have an update shortly.

#456 3 years ago

Mod of the year - voted

#457 3 years ago

Just got this installed today. Jimmy is an awesome communicator and the mod is awesome. I’ve only got a few games in, but I’m super impressed.

#458 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Good morning all,
Just an engineering update for everyone!
The next batch of panels are assembled and tested. We've got over 100 display panels and 110 controller boards in stock and ready to pull off the shelf for assembly. At this point, we're just waiting on our new batch of cable assemblies. Our batches thus far have shipped with IDC ends, but our new cable design is all molex and they're no longer made in my garage, so they should look and perform great.
We're hoping to get the current batch out tomorrow morning, but EOW at the latest. It just looks like the cable shipment got delayed in customs.
Just figured I'd keep everyone in the loop! After this batch goes out, we'll be back on track!
We are also working on our next game, to be announced in December.
-- Jimmy

Hi Jimmy can you add me to the list please! I want one for sure, looks awesome.

#459 3 years ago

Hi, I hope I am part of the next batch

#460 3 years ago

Just wrote you in as best mod of the year on the twippys.you guys gotta win this bad boy.its a game changer

#461 3 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Just wrote you in as best mod of the year on the twippys.you guys gotta win this bad boy.its a game changer

No doubt! And more exciting is he is planning to Further support other titles for even more awesomeness!

#462 3 years ago

shipday1 (resized).jpgshipday1 (resized).jpg

shipday2 (resized).jpgshipday2 (resized).jpg

Stark and Pepper tested each and every display/board, and the holiday batch has shipped! The next round of customers are being contacted as we go grab more wood for the CNC!

Thank you again to everyone who voted us Mod of the Year in the preliminary TWIPY vote! From me, Alana, Stark and Pepper, we're all humbled! We put a lot of love and thought into our products, and we're excited to share even more with you!

-- Jimmy

#463 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Stark and Pepper tested each and every display/board, and the holiday batch has shipped! The next round of customers are being contacted as we go grab more wood for the CNC!
Thank you again to everyone who voted us Mod of the Year in the preliminary TWIPY vote! From me, Alana, Stark and Pepper, we're all humbled! We put a lot of love and thought into our products, and we're excited to share even more with you!
-- Jimmy

Thank You! Let's hope they are not leg lifters.....

#464 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thank You! Let's hope they are not leg lifters.....

When Jimmy said they'd tested each one, I wondered if this was how they were testing them

#465 3 years ago

Compy, keep up the great work.

And if you get a second, shoot me a PM with where my name is on the list please.

#466 3 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Hi, I hope I am part of the next batch

Yes I just received the mail!
Btw, it is me or the boxes look like delivery pizza boxes?

#467 3 years ago

I just got mine in the mail and I just want to comment on the excellent workmanship of their mod. This mod looks great. I haven’t install it yet but this guy dotted his Is and crossed his Ts. I can’t wait to get it installed.

#468 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I just got mine in the mail and I just want to comment on the excellent workmanship of their mod. This mod looks great. I haven’t install it yet but this guy dotted his Is and crossed his Ts. I can’t wait to get it installed.

Thank you kindly! We definitely aim to please, and we appreciate the patience from every single customer as we figure things out logistically, mechanically and in software.

As you make your way through the installation, feel free to leave any feedback you like. We stand by our products 100%, and if something's wrong, we'll make it right!

Best,
Jimmy

#469 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Submitted my vote for Pixels 86 TZ backboard Mod as Mod of the year!!
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twipy-2020-pre-voting/

I was going to suggest this as well, I don't have the game nor the mod but it looks incredible, nice work Jimmy

mod of year 2020

#470 3 years ago

Great Mod , Would love one , if you can put me on your list . Much appreciated

#471 3 years ago

Any chance you could put me on the list. Looks like a great mod.
Thanks Bryan.

#472 3 years ago

Great idea, great job!
What a fantatic mod...
must have for TZ

#473 3 years ago

I broke mine. I got it installed and when I put the PF down it came out it came out off the hing and it bent the backboard back and tore the screws out of the wood and bent up the brackets.

#474 3 years ago
Quoted from starsky178:

Great Mod , Would love one , if you can put me on your list . Much appreciated

Quoted from Pocketchange:

Any chance you could put me on the list. Looks like a great mod.
Thanks Bryan.

Gotcha both on the list! Will reach out with details, though you're looking at about 6-8 weeks.

Quoted from timeflip:

Great idea, great job!
What a fantatic mod...
must have for TZ

Thank you for the kind words! I'm very proud of this mod!

Quoted from zr11990:

I broke mine. I got it installed and when I put the PF down it came out it came out off the hing and it bent the backboard back and tore the screws out of the wood and bent up the brackets.

Oh yikes. Feel free to DM me some pictures. I'm curious if the backboard wasn't centered and snagged on the cabinet when the playfield was let down? Depending on what's broken we'll either send out replacement parts for whats broken or send you a return label and we'll swap everything out. Let me know, we'll get replacement parts out!

-- Jimmy

#475 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Gotcha both on the list! Will reach out with details, though you're looking at about 6-8 weeks.

Thank you for the kind words! I'm very proud of this mod!

Oh yikes. Feel free to DM me some pictures. I'm curious if the backboard wasn't centered and snagged on the cabinet when the playfield was let down? Depending on what's broken we'll either send out replacement parts for whats broken or send you a return label and we'll swap everything out. Let me know, we'll get replacement parts out!
-- Jimmy

Well I straightened the bracket the best I could and put the screws in the top hole instead of the bottom and I put 3 of the screws from the original backboard in it. It doesn’t seem as sturdy as the original but it is ok. I can’t really get pics though with it installed

#476 3 years ago

Mine is on the way. So excited.

#477 3 years ago

Please put me on the list as well if any slots are available (sent a PM also)

#478 3 years ago

Crea ture, Crea ture, Crea ture, Crea ture !!!

#479 3 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

Crea ture, Crea ture, Crea ture, Crea ture !!!

Please

#480 3 years ago

Good morning all!

An update on all fronts here from 86Pixels HQ (better known as my garage in Austin, TX). We're continuing production through the Christmas holidays as best we can for TZ mods. Some of the ToM magic mirror parts are delayed, but we're getting things teed up for shipping after the new year when things calm down.

We currently have about three TZ packages somewhere in the bowels of USPS (likely on a trailer that hasn't been unloaded). Those are from the 12/2 and 12/10 batches. If we don't see any movement on those packages this week, we'll start the insurance claims process and ship those units out UPS. Our only request is that buyers remain honest and if you get two, let us know so we can provide a return label (or you can buy both, sell for a profit and make fat stacks).

All upcoming batches are going out UPS, we're still seeing a 3-4 day delivery schedule for everything we're sending through their network.

Regarding international fulfillment, at the request of our customers, we continue to monitor the tariff situation and should be shipping those units just after the new year.

On a much happier note, a few crazy folks that call themselves the Pinball Mafia on Twitch decided to stream their TZ with the mod they bought. We didn't have any sort of sponsorship deal or anything, so you can believe that any feedback on their side is honest! Go check it out, it appears after their trivia segment. (About 55 minutes in). The thing I have to say about these folks is that they just seem like damn good people. You see a lot of streaming styles for sure on twitch/in pinball, and these folks are about as unscripted as it gets, and everyone is just having a blast. Check them out, give them a follow! https://www.twitch.tv/thepinballmafia

Development on the next game is also well under way. We have test parts in and mounted and are working out software glitches. That announcement should be in the next 1-2 weeks after filming some test videos.

Back to dry aging this standing rib roast for this week! Then back to CNC work.

-- Jimmy

#481 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Good morning all!
An update on all fronts here from 86Pixels HQ (better known as my garage in Austin, TX). We're continuing production through the Christmas holidays as best we can for TZ mods. Some of the ToM magic mirror parts are delayed, but we're getting things teed up for shipping after the new year when things calm down.
We currently have about three TZ packages somewhere in the bowels of USPS (likely on a trailer that hasn't been unloaded). Those are from the 12/2 and 12/10 batches. If we don't see any movement on those packages this week, we'll start the insurance claims process and ship those units out UPS. Our only request is that buyers remain honest and if you get two, let us know so we can provide a return label (or you can buy both, sell for a profit and make fat stacks).
All upcoming batches are going out UPS, we're still seeing a 3-4 day delivery schedule for everything we're sending through their network.
Regarding international fulfillment, at the request of our customers, we continue to monitor the tariff situation and should be shipping those units just after the new year.
On a much happier note, a few crazy folks that call themselves the Pinball Mafia on Twitch decided to stream their TZ with the mod they bought. We didn't have any sort of sponsorship deal or anything, so you can believe that any feedback on their side is honest! Go check it out, it appears after their trivia segment. (About 55 minutes in). The thing I have to say about these folks is that they just seem like damn good people. You see a lot of streaming styles for sure on twitch/in pinball, and these folks are about as unscripted as it gets, and everyone is just having a blast. Check them out, give them a follow! https://www.twitch.tv/thepinballmafia
Development on the next game is also well under way. We have test parts in and mounted and are working out software glitches. That announcement should be in the next 1-2 weeks after filming some test videos.
-- Jimmy

Next one?

030705FB-7478-41B7-A6BC-C194FCD0587C.gif030705FB-7478-41B7-A6BC-C194FCD0587C.gif
#482 3 years ago

Just a quick update on mine. You shipped it on the 10th, and it was stuck in limbo somewhere between Texas and Michigan. It showed Saturday It was packaged great. I installed it and its first class all the way! It really screws up my game play as I keep watching it. But as I'm a terrible player I still have fun. Thank you for a great product!

#483 3 years ago
Quoted from brucea1956:

Just a quick update on mine. You shipped it on the 10th, and it was stuck in limbo somewhere between Texas and Michigan. It showed Saturday It was packaged great. I installed it and its first class all the way! It really screws up my game play as I keep watching it. But as I'm a terrible player I still have fun. Thank you for a great product!

You're quite welcome! From me and my family who turned nuts and bolts to make, pack and ship your item, we hope you enjoy it and your time with family over the holidays!

#484 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Good morning all!
-- Jimmy

Jimmy, I got a question about something you said. I also have a standing rib roast I am dry aging. Which way will you cook it. My preferred method is from Alton Brown. He roasts it at 200 for a few hours then sear it at the end. Just curious.

Also, the mod looks great. I am the envy of those who see it.

#485 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Jimmy, I got a question about something you said. I also have a standing rib roast I am dry aging. Which way will you cook it. My preferred method is from Alton Brown. He roasts it at 200 for a few hours then sear it at the end. Just curious.
Also, the mod looks great. I am the envy of those who see it.

So we do a lot of ribeyes in reverse sear fashion with cast iron, but then we saw Alton's approach with the drying process a week ahead and we're trying it for the first time this year! Definitely can't wait. Your success with the method definitely gives me confidence!

Thank you for the kind words on the mod, we're super happy with it and we're glad you are too!

-- Jimmy

#486 3 years ago

Thanks for kind words Jimmy.
We had a great time streaming this super original mod of yours.
Can’t wait to see what future titles are coming from you guys.

#487 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Thanks for kind words Jimmy.
We had a great time streaming this super original mod of yours.
Can’t wait to see what future titles are coming from you guys.

Thank YOU!

I wasn't kidding either. Send me those cartoon character faces and I'll be happy to throw together a custom firmware release

#488 3 years ago

After huge post office delays I received my package yesterday. I have yet to open it. This will be something exciting to set up this week. Thank you so much for creating such a unique mod for a game.

#489 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Thank YOU!
I wasn't kidding either. Send me those cartoon character faces and I'll be happy to throw together a custom firmware release

That is spectacular.
I just sent your email to my brother. He has all our graphic files.

#490 3 years ago

Finally getting around to doing my install. Finished the first install section with the backbox electrical work last night and just embarked on removing the backboard.

My TZ (a very early one with the white clock that I had a few weeks before full production) has these two "sled runners" on the backboard that I don't see on the one in the install instruction photos.

Does anyone know if I'll need to reinstall these runners on the PinVision backboard, or can I safely leave them off? I've never looked inside a regular production TZ to see if these runners were still present/are necessary as part of the latching & life system or not.

My game otherwise looks the same, but I'd appreciate a definitive insight from anyone who's already dealt with this before I proceed any further just to be safe.

Thanks in advance everyone.

RudyB Backboard Front (resized).jpgRudyB Backboard Front (resized).jpgRudyB Backboard Rear (resized).jpgRudyB Backboard Rear (resized).jpg
#491 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Finally getting around to doing my install. Finished the first install section with the backbox electrical work last night and just embarked on removing the backboard.
My TZ (a very early one with the white clock that I had a few weeks before full production) has these two "sled runners" on the backboard that I don't see on the one in the install instruction photos.
Does anyone know if I'll need to reinstall these runners on the PinVision backboard, or can I safely leave them off? I've never looked inside a regular production TZ to see if these runners were still present/are necessary as part of the latching & life system or not.
My game otherwise looks the same, but I'd appreciate a definitive insight from anyone who's already dealt with this before I proceed any further just to be safe.
Thanks in advance everyone.[quoted image][quoted image]

Great question! My game had the runners as well, I just left them off and never had an issue. Later games stopped using these entirely, though I believe they were originally to assist in removing the playfield completely from the machine if you lift straight up without sliding the playfield forward (on the cantilever).

#492 3 years ago

I'd like one if still available- cheers.

I'm hoping the EU tariff of 25% on US imports ends 1/1/21 for the UK. As we have import (sales) tax of 20% already, this equates to a 50% mark-up overall. Easy money for the government.

#493 3 years ago

Installed today. Couple attract mode pics. This is really cool. Fantastic job Jimmy!

IMG_3293 (resized).jpgIMG_3293 (resized).jpgIMG_3294 (resized).jpgIMG_3294 (resized).jpg
#494 3 years ago

Please put me on the list. I'm so excited for this!

#495 3 years ago

Good morning all!

We're catching up with emails and shipping the next 12 units out tomorrow (including a replacement unit because the USPS is all wanked up). Me and Alana would just love to thank all of you for your support and nominating us for the 2020 TWIPY Mod of the Year award! We're extremely humbled, and to think that I started out with parts just for 20 units. There are so many excellent mods that are put out for games. Many of them coming from friends of ours, and just to make the list is an extreme honor!

Back to the garage!

Quoted from SuperMica:

Please put me on the list. I'm so excited for this!

Gotcha on the list! We're at about an 8 week backlog right now, but we always keep people in the loop as spots move up and such.

I'll shoot you a PM!

Quoted from gac:

Installed today. Couple attract mode pics. This is really cool. Fantastic job Jimmy!
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks spectacular! Thank you so much for the kind words, I sincerely hope you enjoy it

-- Jimmy

#496 3 years ago

Hands down this creative mod got our vote of the year. From design, integration, build, code, support it’s the only choice. Consider showing #Compy the support he deserves and earned!

Vote for 86Pixels TZ!
https://twipys.com/

#497 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hands down this creative mod got our vote of the year. From design, integration, build, code, support it’s the only choice. Consider showing #Compy the support he deserves and earned!
Vote for 86Pixels TZ!

I already did and I encourage everyone else to do the same!!

#498 3 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

Add me to the list, please.

Quoted from Compy:

Both of you are in! I'll send a PM with details.
--------------------------
An engineering/shipping update from my end:
I've held the current batch through the end of the week because we found a gracious shop that is semi-local that will stamp and bend our brackets starting this week and hopefully ship by Friday (and we usually get stuff next day or even Monday at the latest). This means that all outgoing and future orders will have the new bracket design.
Whats the difference in the two bracket designs?
Quite simply, the currently supplied bracket is just a tad too long on the playfield side, and unless you either slide the bracket rearward or move it over and attach to fresh wood, you're too close to a lamp socket. People have made it work and there's no structural risks, it's just less than ideal.
We stand by our products, and we feel that this is the best way to roll the product out.
We appreciate the patience and excitement that has been shown!
-- Jimmy

Jimmy, it's been around 8 weeks since I asked to be added to the list, I just realized that I never did get a PM from you. Just curious if I'm still on the list? No rush.

Thanks!!

#499 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Vote for 86Pixels TZ!

This. Yes!

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#500 3 years ago

Are you going to put out anymore videos for this or is it finished. I would definitely buy more vids if offered

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 132.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

There are 801 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.