2023-04-07_12-17-12 (resized).png
20230227_150759 (resized).jpg
20230227_150712 (resized).jpg
Capture tron (resized).JPG
DSCF1923[1] (resized).jpg
889AC05E-0510-4C04-8FFE-1D1FB2639D48 (resized).png
ECD30C83-C1A3-489D-8C19-B13EA8CFD142 (resized).png
FF42742B-FFE8-4CD8-B854-7B2516616B71 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaunpurslow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 2 years ago

As a fairly new Tron owner I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that you are working on a new fiberoptic ramp kit. Not being able to find those anywhere and having to deal with less than satisfying, unchanging and very dim EL wire is frustrating. I have already ordered your backboard display and I will be there on day one to order your fibreoptic kit. Thank you for all that you do!

2 months later
#94 2 years ago

Jimmy sent an awesome email out this morning updating on the progress. He covered many things but what jumped out the most to me was the before and after of the IPS Display upgrade. The darker blacks and reflection removal is crazy. I am super excited and can't wait to see it in person.

IPS Before and after (resized).pngIPS Before and after (resized).png
1 month later
#96 2 years ago

Hi Jimmy,

Just popping in to see if you had an update for November.

Cheers!

1 week later
#103 2 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Good evening all,
First off, thank you so much to all of you for being so patient. Like the rest of the world, we're plagued by freight/logistics delays and supply shortages. So here's where we're at:
1. We went in on a bulk order with the Pinball Mod Co. to the same display supplier. You may know Pinball Mod Co as the company that offers IPS display upgrades for Spooky games. The 15.6" TFT LCDs that we originally designed this with were becoming shorter and shorter in supply. So, to alleviate any concerns and offer a higher quality product, we upgraded everyone to IPS displays and took the hit on margin. Those IPS displays offer a MUCH crisper picture with a much greater color contrast.
We then got the IPS display panels, but the company shipped the wrong control cards. Scott at PMC tested various power adapters and dongles and determined that they weren't a viable option, so he hustled and ordered the replacement controller cards. Those are scheduled to be delivered to PMC Tomorrow or Wednesday and they'll turn around and ship to us. Everything domestically goes UPS, so I'd expect to have these in by Monday at the latest.
Here's the tracking:
[quoted image]
2. A MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR thanks to Fliptronic for lending me their TRON. For those who are wondering, the only units in existence are the prototypes I made. They were nice enough to test the unit, stream it and bring it to the Houston show this past weekend. Jordan and Becca, thank you so much. The test unit is now set up here for testing the initial units before they go out to you.
3. Plastics - We upgraded everyone to anti glare plastics. Through the testing on the Fliptronic stream, we noticed that it provided a much better picture given the bright LED GI that TRON has. This wasn't an issue on Twilight Zone just due to natural darkness at the back of the playfield. Unlike Twilight Zone units, everyone gets printed artwork plastics for free that match the playfield aesthetic.
4. Video assets - Done
5. Backboard CNC cutouts - Done
We've got all of the electronics for the controller boards in stock. We're currently assembling the cable harnesses by hand (as we do typically, but Molex shortages also make this a bit easier on time estimates).
Financially speaking, we haven't spent a dime of anyone's money. To date, I've only issued one refund to someone that decided to sell their game (hard to argue with current market demand!). However you'll be offered any chances to refund without so much as a glare just by shooting me an email. We'll honor those right up to the point where we assemble and ship your unit! Then of course, we'll offer refunds if you're not satisfied (pending a return of course!).
Sorry for the delay in updates, we've been heads down getting this thing polished up for recent shows. My phone number is also on the website, so feel free to call or email any time!
-- Jimmy

Thanks for the update Jimmy. Very excited to see it.

Do you still plan on creating a fiber-optic ramp mod to tie into this in the future? Nobody makes them anymore and lord knows my machine could use it.

1 week later
#119 2 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Ask and ye shall receive!

--
UPDATE:
We're now packing and shipping the first batch! The CNC machine is cooking and churning out backboards! As of today, we've got a ton of IPS LCD panels in stock and are placing our second order for more due to demand. These panels are flat out gorgeous and paper thin.
[quoted image]
MOVING RECOGNIZER:
[quoted image]
(Excuse the lighting, it was mid-effect)
Yep, it's here! The moving recognizer integrates seamlessly with the TRON Pinvision through our expansion board. The recognizer re-uses the toy that is already on your game and the entire mod replaces the top disc plastic on the same 4 locking screws/posts. For those who want this without a Pinvision backboard display, we're actively working on an interactive version. We don't want something that just sits there and spins all the time.
So, let's summarize all the options that are available and/or included:
1. TRON Pinvision display controller (everyone gets this) - Includes all graphics and the ability to customize any and all animations on the SD card.
2. HD IPS display panel (included) - Well worth the wait that we encountered, IMO
3. Anti glare reverse printed plastics (included)
4. Lightcycle relocation plastics (included) - Allows you to quickly and easily mount your lightcycles off to the side so you don't lose them!
5. 86Pixels "Big ass light bar" - provides themed/controlled RGB lighting on top of the display panel with lighting effects for modes/animations ($69)
6. Moving Recognizer Kit - Move yo' recognizer - $69 if you have a Pinvision kit (because we don't have to include the extra PCB hardware as its built into the master unit)
Happy Thanksgiving all! Me and Alana are staying local and packing/shipping orders!
Don't hesitate to post your questions here or by email. I'm still catching up on Pinside DMs, but should have those whittled down here shortly!
-- Jimmy

Definitely adding the moving recognizer mod when my spot comes up. It looks awesome. One question Jimmy, do you plan to offer a fiberoptic ramp kit later as well? Please god say yes...

2 months later
#161 2 years ago

Got the email yesterday that my backboard was ready for assembly. I am pretty stoked! Can't wait to see it in person.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaunpurslow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-tron-interactive-backboard-display?tu=shaunpurslow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.