2023-04-07_12-17-12 (resized).png
20230227_150759 (resized).jpg
20230227_150712 (resized).jpg
Capture tron (resized).JPG
DSCF1923[1] (resized).jpg
889AC05E-0510-4C04-8FFE-1D1FB2639D48 (resized).png
ECD30C83-C1A3-489D-8C19-B13EA8CFD142 (resized).png
FF42742B-FFE8-4CD8-B854-7B2516616B71 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider digitaldocc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Ask and ye shall receive!

--
UPDATE:
We're now packing and shipping the first batch! The CNC machine is cooking and churning out backboards! As of today, we've got a ton of IPS LCD panels in stock and are placing our second order for more due to demand. These panels are flat out gorgeous and paper thin.
[quoted image]
MOVING RECOGNIZER:
[quoted image]
(Excuse the lighting, it was mid-effect)
Yep, it's here! The moving recognizer integrates seamlessly with the TRON Pinvision through our expansion board. The recognizer re-uses the toy that is already on your game and the entire mod replaces the top disc plastic on the same 4 locking screws/posts. For those who want this without a Pinvision backboard display, we're actively working on an interactive version. We don't want something that just sits there and spins all the time.
So, let's summarize all the options that are available and/or included:
1. TRON Pinvision display controller (everyone gets this) - Includes all graphics and the ability to customize any and all animations on the SD card.
2. HD IPS display panel (included) - Well worth the wait that we encountered, IMO
3. Anti glare reverse printed plastics (included)
4. Lightcycle relocation plastics (included) - Allows you to quickly and easily mount your lightcycles off to the side so you don't lose them!
5. 86Pixels "Big ass light bar" - provides themed/controlled RGB lighting on top of the display panel with lighting effects for modes/animations ($69)
6. Moving Recognizer Kit - Move yo' recognizer - $69 if you have a Pinvision kit (because we don't have to include the extra PCB hardware as its built into the master unit)
Happy Thanksgiving all! Me and Alana are staying local and packing/shipping orders!
Don't hesitate to post your questions here or by email. I'm still catching up on Pinside DMs, but should have those whittled down here shortly!
-- Jimmy

Hey Jimmy, your work looks amazing. I'm already in on the pre-order so I'm wondering when in the proccess can I add on the moving recoginizer and big ass light bar? Also do you have any footage illustrating the light bar in action?

To clarify, I have a tricked out pro with a lighted stationary recoginizer and with your panel and add on I will have all the LE goodness?

20211205_105307 (resized).jpg20211205_105307 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#168 2 years ago

Hi Jimmy, I sent email and a PM requesting the light bar and moving recoginizer added onto my order.

Very excited about all the cool stuff you are doing for the community. Much appreciated.

2 weeks later
#170 2 years ago

I'm happy to announce that my interactive backboard display is just a few days from arriving according to the tracking information.

Trust the proccess. Jimmy is coming through.

As for as the moving recoginizer add on goes. I can only assume there not ready yet as I've tried to add it onto my order. Unless I'm wrong. Does anyone know?

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Evening all,
Recognizers were cut and test fit yesterday. So far so good, so now just running a bazillion of them and then sending emails out. Basically everyone that wanted their unit held for a moving recognizer are the ones that we've got left in the queue (most are LE owners).
One question we get a lot is if you need another recognizer toy, and the answer is no. You use your old one, two screws and it unmounts from your LE moving recognizer assembly arm or your existing TRON plastic. The new unit is a shrunken version of the factory one and the recognizer is designed to bolt right in place with the same screws.
Another question is why the unit hasn't been shown on a bunch of Twitch channels, etc. - We do have several units going out to Twitch streamers in the next batch since it's near the end of the run. We just didn't feel right cutting in line and sending units out to them (though we're thankful for them, and they've been super patient, as have all of you!). In fact, Fliptronic was nice enough to donate their Tron to us for a loooong time to test every unit before it left.
Since most (if not all) of the production run will be done this month, we're planning on having units for sale at the Texas Pinball Festival, so make sure to come out and see what's up!
-- Jimmy

Thank you for the update. Does the moving recoginizer work on the Pro model?

If it does could I please purchase?

Added over 2 years ago:

In your video I see the moving recoginizer working in the pro. Very cool. However. there was no mention of the moving recoginizer as an add on when I completed the final payment in your email and no option on your website. Please advise.

3 months later
#213 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Compy is it possible to provide an option where the light strip is programed to swap a uv/blacklight color in place of the bright white?
The rest of the color changes are great, but every instance where it has the bright white light its super bright for the grid, I just unplugged it for now): Below are two short vids with and without the light strip plugged in.
Anyway finally installed this last night and its Awesome! Looks like its always been there and now can't imagine Tron without this in the back.
Some install notes: Seeing the post a few back about which ports were J1 and J4 was very helpful, the instructions said to put the board lower left in the backbox but the pic shows lower right, and doesn't mention that the supplied dmd cable is like 1ft long - its so short that there's maybe one spot to place the board where your speaker/dmd panel will still lay down when taking it out (and like me you've already screwed it in somewhere at this point), otherwise you just have to unplug the dmd cable every time you need to lay the speaker/dmd panel down (not too big of a deal but will probably buy a longer dmd cable now). It took a little extra time to reposition the light cycles but its really a relatively easy install with a Huge payoff!
Thanks for making this 86Pixels!!
Without Light Strip:
With Light Strip:

I was going to ask Jimmy the same thing about the toning down the bright default white. Your correct about swapping to a blacklight color as the default. Hope thats possible.

All the other colors and effects look great. I love this mod and the moving recoginizer is just awesome. Here is my interactive backboard setup with the moving recoginizer, Eli kit, and a DIY halogram fan with animation I made edited along side real footage. The fan turns on and off with the disc motor.

1 month later
#225 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Bumping this post, still need a moving recognizer!!

Contact Jimmy for a moving recoginizer. Saying you want one in this thread isn't how I ordered one. By the way no reason to have your kit in a box. Adding the recoginizer later isn't a big deal.

#228 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I ordered this the day it was announced with a moving recognizer (even though it was just a concept then), and then again once they started showing up. My buddy got his with his kit, mine came without it and communicated it at the time, my understanding was there were issues with it. And have heard the were coming soon or something along those lines. The moving recognizer is more important to me than this mod, so disagree with your last statement. Love the screen, have it on my TZ, but not having the moving recognizer (or in this case having any recognizer at on all the LE), doesn’t work for me.
Haven’t seen many complaints (recently) so maybe it’s just me without one and I need to reach back out.

My advice is to email Jimmy directly.

1 month later
#246 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I don't believe so. I am looking forward to some lighting updates for the light bar though (reduce general white brightness so it doesn't wash out the rear of the playfield, add green colors during Quorra mode are what I've requested).

My thoughts exactly. Let's bring that default white way down on the lightbar because it washes out the screen. Or make the new default color more blacklightish? Also on my moving recoginizer, once it starts most of the time it never stops until the game is over.

Other than that Jimmy's mod is awesome. Maybe we can email him about update info?

1 month later
#265 1 year ago
Quoted from Compy:

Anytime guys, enjoy!
Just a heads up, it turns out that a wrong firmware version was posted and corrected on the website about 12 hours ago. (Copy/paste error) If you update the game with that firmware, your system might not boot beyond the Pinvision splash screen. If that happens, just re-download the latest firmware and repeat the update process.
Many thanks to Jon for giving me a call and letting me know!
-- Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the update.

1. Any way to choose another color than default white in a future update?

2. Is it normal once the moving recoginizer starts to then never stop until the game ends? I'm on a pro.

1 week later
#271 1 year ago
Quoted from Compy:

That's a fantastic idea! Let's add that to v1.3! What colors are you wanting to tweak? Man, wouldn't it be cool if you could customize the colors in any mode...
Regarding point 2, that's not normal. The bonus sequence should actually stop the recognizer. Are other things working normally (TRON targets, ZUSE other modes)? If not, I can investigate the bug.

Thanks for looking into this bug on my pro. Once the target bank drops the recoginizer starts and never stops. I shot a youtube video showing me run through all the modes and it doesn't stop until end of game. So everything seems to be working on my end.

I PMed you the youtube link.

2 weeks later
#274 1 year ago
Quoted from Compy:

Got your PM! Looking into this bug now! Thanks for sending in the report and the video. Videos are always super helpful.

I got some new info for you that shines a light on the issue I'm having. If my theory is correct there is a hardware issue with the recoginizer unit. Just drew a short straw with the one I received. Not software. Sending you a PM.

10 months later
#334 6 months ago

Thought I'd let folks know I'm at the tail end of a Tron/DOT arcade style retheme.

#337 6 months ago
Quoted from roscoepinball:

That's really awesome digitaldocc - did you replace a file on the backboard with that image/clip?

Exactly. It's in Jimmy's instructions. The folders on the memory card are named logically and all you have to do is drop mp4 and png files. The resolution deets are in the manual.

I have a few hours rendering today but hope later on I can shoot a video of my arcade retheme package and show it off. If anyone thinks it's worthy of their Tron I'd be happy to share. I've dusted off some old compositing skills and put some professional touches and elbow grease into it.

Truth be told I was going to trade my tron but now it's bolted to the ground again.

#340 6 months ago

So what I thought was the final version isn't but here is what I have anyway if you can stomach my vomit cam. Also colors pop more in person.

Attract through quorra (need to try again on quorra)

Here is just flynn's arcade flooded with unfriendly light to remove camera glare. Playfield glass is also on.

#342 6 months ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

That is badass! Would love the files if you’re willing to share.

Thanks for the compliment as badassory was what drove the retheme.

To avoid the wrath of the mouse I'm not posting a download link in the forum but if you hit me up on DM, why not help me test it out? Feel free to bounce any ideas you have my way.

#343 6 months ago

A few people wanted to help me test so I'll reach out soon. In the meantime, here is my latest versions of all the rethemed video and image assets through portal. This evening I really nailed sea of simulation with a nice OG Easter egg. For your viewing enjoyment I used a tripod this time.

If any of you are on the fence about getting Jimmy's mod. Don't even hesitate. Its awesome.

1 week later
#348 6 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Man that’s awesome! I keep re-visiting this thread waiting to see if someone dives into putting scenes from the movie into this mod, like the ‘Daft Punk fight scene’ for ZUSE mode with Castor ‘shooting’ his cane around. But I never thought of incorporating the arcade machine material that’s brilliant.
Dumb Question: Is there a version without the Anime gratuitous busted babes in it?(; ifso I’d love to test drive this too - the wife (w kids) is finally ok with Quorra and Gem, but she won’t take kindly to those new gals!((;

Thanks for the kind words. Your in charge of what gets replaced on your memory card. Just don't replace the events and the images flying in will remain stock. There wasn't a lot of source material for the image events so if someone has a better idea let me know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider digitaldocc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-tron-interactive-backboard-display?tu=digitaldocc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.