2023-04-07_12-17-12 (resized).png
20230227_150759 (resized).jpg
20230227_150712 (resized).jpg
Capture tron (resized).JPG
DSCF1923[1] (resized).jpg
889AC05E-0510-4C04-8FFE-1D1FB2639D48 (resized).png
ECD30C83-C1A3-489D-8C19-B13EA8CFD142 (resized).png
FF42742B-FFE8-4CD8-B854-7B2516616B71 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadebar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#122 2 years ago

All sounds exciting! Any short vid of the light bar &/or moving recognizer in action would be sweet. Looking forward to the next level backboard!

1 month later
#141 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I just got mine installed and it looks great. I used the included plastics to relocate the lightcycles, except I screwed them in from the bottom into the wheels instead of using the included Velcro. A clear center plastic is also included to use where the old blue cycle used to be for airballs, but I have a translucent blue Pinbits protector and it's clear enough to see through so I just kept that there and removed the stock opaque plastic that used to sit on top of it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t see it in the pics but just wondering did you get the light bar too? If not does the screen make up for noticing any lost lighting effects from the stock backboard? Haven’t seen any vid of it to know if it’s cool or overkill etc.. Thx

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I don't think anybody has the light bar yet, it should be available at a later date (soon hopefully?). I do plan on getting one when they're available though.
As far as lighting effects go - I don't miss the row of GI from the stock backboard at all since the playfield is well lit back there without it. I don't miss the flashers either. So my short answer is yes, the screen makes up for the lack of the stock backboard lighting in my opinion

Sounds good thanks for the feedback, excited to get the screen on the grid!

5 months later
#209 1 year ago

Compy is it possible to provide an option where the light strip is programed to swap a uv/blacklight color in place of the bright white?
The rest of the color changes are great, but every instance where it has the bright white light its super bright for the grid, I just unplugged it for now): Below are two short vids with and without the light strip plugged in.

Anyway finally installed this last night and its Awesome! Looks like its always been there and now can't imagine Tron without this in the back.

Some install notes: Seeing the post a few back about which ports were J1 and J4 was very helpful, the instructions said to put the board lower left in the backbox but the pic shows lower right, and doesn't mention that the supplied dmd cable is like 1ft long - its so short that there's maybe one spot to place the board where your speaker/dmd panel will still lay down when taking it out (and like me you've already screwed it in somewhere at this point), otherwise you just have to unplug the dmd cable every time you need to lay the speaker/dmd panel down (not too big of a deal but will probably buy a longer dmd cable now). It took a little extra time to reposition the light cycles but its really a relatively easy install with a Huge payoff!

Thanks for making this 86Pixels!!

Without Light Strip:

With Light Strip:

#211 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

nice, Pinduino controlled ledstrip ?

Yes has a lot of cool effects triggered

1 month later
#236 1 year ago

Compy would it be possible to 1) have a version that does not have all the glitches in the video? I think it’s cool when you first hit start, but after that the frequency leaves most of my customers & friends thinking something’s wrong with it, and for me I also don’t remember so many glitches watching the movie. 2) regarding the light bar would it please be possible to replace the bright cool white light with a uv or blue color? The bright white is just a bit harsh with the dark grid vibe, but I absolutely love the flashes and other light choreography, so it’s a bummer to have it unplugged just because of the flood light.
Thanks for making this amazing mod - I’ve gotten many compliments from regulars who appreciate this level of an upgrade!

4 weeks later
#244 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Has there been any firmware/code updates yet?

Taking out the glitches in the video or at least reducing it to just when you start a game would be a nice update. The glitching repeatedly to a lot of people just looks like the screen is messed up.
Also hoping the white is taken out of the light bar & adding the green to Quora is a great idea.
Would love to see any users post up some of their custom movie footage additions.

4 weeks later
#258 1 year ago

Compy can you please comment on the numerous requests about if it’s possible to remove the bright white from the light bar?
Suggestions have been to replace it with a UV color or blue, and consensus is the stark white has a very negative impact on the mood of the playfield.
Also a great addition was suggested to include triggering the color Green when the Quora shot is hit.
My light bar (like many others I presume) has been unplugged until this can be resolved, and I’m missing the flashers and mood lighting back there.
Thanks

#268 1 year ago

Several of us suggested substituting White for a UV color like Blacklight or Purple etc…
So being able to choose a UV type color instead of just having zero light where the bright white was would be a nice option.
Customizing colors for any/all modes would of course be badass!…but seems like a lot more work when so far the only real concern was the bright white, and then adding green for Quora which you did.

8 months later
#330 9 months ago

Has anyone added movie vid clips that correlate with modes?

2 months later
#347 6 months ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

A few people wanted to help me test so I'll reach out soon. In the meantime, here is my latest versions of all the rethemed video and image assets through portal. This evening I really nailed sea of simulation with a nice OG Easter egg. For your viewing enjoyment I used a tripod this time.

Man that’s awesome! I keep re-visiting this thread waiting to see if someone dives into putting scenes from the movie into this mod, like the ‘Daft Punk fight scene’ for ZUSE mode with Castor ‘shooting’ his cane around. But I never thought of incorporating the arcade machine material that’s brilliant.
Dumb Question: Is there a version without the Anime gratuitous busted babes in it?(; ifso I’d love to test drive this too - the wife (w kids) is finally ok with Quorra and Gem, but she won’t take kindly to those new gals!((;

#349 6 months ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Thanks for the kind words. Your in charge of what gets replaced on your memory card. Just don't replace the events and the images flying in will remain stock. There wasn't a lot of source material for the image events so if someone has a better idea let me know.

Ok gotcha...so I can put a pic of my wife in there instead and shut her up lol. Nice clips of Clue getting tortured by the MPC in the Sea of Simulation!

#351 6 months ago
Quoted from Compy:

Agreed! Absolutely fantastic work!

You totally could! I put her name on a custom software version of my Demolition Man and she never wants me to sell it. She still mentions it from time to time when people come over!

I’m on it lol!(;
Compy is there a way to include Mode triggers for Zuse and Gem modes also? I can understand Flynn, Tron, and Recognizer from the progress tree not being ideal to trigger a mode event, but seems like Gem and Zuse could.
Thanks again for this magic mod!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadebar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-tron-interactive-backboard-display?tu=arcadebar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.