2023-04-07_12-17-12 (resized).png
20230227_150759 (resized).jpg
20230227_150712 (resized).jpg
Capture tron (resized).JPG
DSCF1923[1] (resized).jpg
889AC05E-0510-4C04-8FFE-1D1FB2639D48 (resized).png
ECD30C83-C1A3-489D-8C19-B13EA8CFD142 (resized).png
FF42742B-FFE8-4CD8-B854-7B2516616B71 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 2 years ago

Ahh Jimmy,

Just saw this post..TRON!!! My LE thanks you….backboard kit ordered….

Edit - Eek… not so much worried about the light cycles as suspect they will still look fine. Gonna have to check the moving recognizer thing though. That thing is badass and hoping something can be sorted there….

7 months later
#173 2 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Evening all,
Recognizers were cut and test fit yesterday. So far so good, so now just running a bazillion of them and then sending emails out. Basically everyone that wanted their unit held for a moving recognizer are the ones that we've got left in the queue (most are LE owners).
One question we get a lot is if you need another recognizer toy, and the answer is no. You use your old one, two screws and it unmounts from your LE moving recognizer assembly arm or your existing TRON plastic. The new unit is a shrunken version of the factory one and the recognizer is designed to bolt right in place with the same screws.
Another question is why the unit hasn't been shown on a bunch of Twitch channels, etc. - We do have several units going out to Twitch streamers in the next batch since it's near the end of the run. We just didn't feel right cutting in line and sending units out to them (though we're thankful for them, and they've been super patient, as have all of you!). In fact, Fliptronic was nice enough to donate their Tron to us for a loooong time to test every unit before it left.
Since most (if not all) of the production run will be done this month, we're planning on having units for sale at the Texas Pinball Festival, so make sure to come out and see what's up!
-- Jimmy

Pumped to hear, and anxious to unleash this magic on my LE!!!! Bring it!!!...mark

3 weeks later
#180 2 years ago

Received mine as well, seeing the servo motor for moving recognizer on top...stoked and excited to get on this one!!!! Thanks Jimmy!!!!...mark

2 months later
#208 1 year ago

Been staring at my kit awhile now....thinking of going at it tomorrow....moving recognizer and all...seems straightforward and really enjoy the TZ version.....toy time!!

1 week later
#216 1 year ago

Kit installed w moving recognizer successfully. Great add!!

Question however (reached to /Jimmy but haven't heard back..might be covered up)....the video has random, short digital glitches appearing throughout all clips. Can't believe this is intended.....reseated the mini ribbon, both ends, from display to controller, and swapped out the HDMI cable, both producing no change.

Anywhere else to look? I don't have a spare mini ribbon to swap (in my shop), so maybe the cable itself is faulty? Best source to obtain? thx

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Those are normal and built into the video files. If you take out the microSD card, you can view the files on your computer and see that they will play exactly the same.

Huge thanks for clarification!! My Alien has them as well, but seemed more "normal" with the vibe they were trying to achieve.

Does make sense for Tron as well, just seemed a bit excessive at certain points. Glad to know as now my OCD can rest...thanks again!....

3 months later
#257 1 year ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Compy, I'm an LE owner and only designed it for utilizing the original LE hardware under LE factory software control and there is zero Pro integration with it. I have my own custom moving recognizer assembly, but the only controller version I offer to everyone is a version for controlling your moving recognizer kit with an LE. It's probably best for people to reach out to me directly if they want one for their LE. Thanks.

And amazing it is....huge thanks for doing this!

#269 1 year ago

Huge thanks Jimmy!!! What a great mod!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-tron-interactive-backboard-display?tu=MK6PIN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.