2023-04-07_12-17-12 (resized).png
20230227_150759 (resized).jpg
20230227_150712 (resized).jpg
Capture tron (resized).JPG
DSCF1923[1] (resized).jpg
889AC05E-0510-4C04-8FFE-1D1FB2639D48 (resized).png
ECD30C83-C1A3-489D-8C19-B13EA8CFD142 (resized).png
FF42742B-FFE8-4CD8-B854-7B2516616B71 (resized).jpeg
There are 358 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 1 year ago

These 86pixels guys dropped off the face the of earth.

#252 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

These 86pixels guys dropped off the face the of earth.

You tried their Twitter account? They seem to be active there..

#253 1 year ago

Good afternoon,

We're still here. We also still provide support for everyone where needed. In fact, many times we send replacement parts as a first approach so people get back up and running quickly. We actually reserve inventory from going into new units so that we can continue to do this even in the face of extreme parts shortages. I don't check these threads every day, but we try to respond to emails as quickly as we possibly can, certainly when they involve customer support. My cell is (706) 614-2410 as well. Always happy to talk shop with anyone. If I don't answer, its likely due to the day job, but I'll give you a call back if you leave a message!

Now, about the moving recognizer issue, I'm glad that Mr. Lundy was able to step in and get them rolling. In fact, I'll place an open offer here to Tekman to include his kit in future Pinvision sales if we decide to run them again for TRON. I love his solution and want to make sure he gets paid and gets exposure for it. As for the solution, I'm always keen to hear. We have hundreds of units out there without a problem, so any edge cases we would definitely love to make right to make the best product we can.

Right now any ETAs on future runs are pointless because we can't get inventory fast enough. What was originally a September delivery date turned to February and is now May 2023. We continue to work with suppliers to get products in as soon as we can.

Twilight Zone Pinvisions are indeed in stock and shipping because we were able to get the parts in for those units.

Thanks guys, keep flipping!
-- Jimmy

#254 1 year ago

Ooh! I also see that I can subscribe to this topic. I've got notifications enabled now and should be able to pounce on any replies.

#255 1 year ago

Thanks Jimmy glad to hear you're still making these for future runs! FYI mine has run flawlessly on my pro from day 1 and the moving recognizer works great too.

My only user request would be to do something about the default white state on the LED bar when the game starts, it kind of washes things out a bit. Maybe a future software rev could dim them a bit or make them blue-ish etc..

But thanks again for making these, truly the icing on the cake for this game!

#256 1 year ago

@Compy, I'm an LE owner and only designed it for utilizing the original LE hardware under LE factory software control and there is zero Pro integration with it. I have my own custom moving recognizer assembly, but the only controller version I offer to everyone is a version for controlling your moving recognizer kit with an LE. It's probably best for people to reach out to me directly if they want one for their LE. Thanks.

#257 1 year ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Compy, I'm an LE owner and only designed it for utilizing the original LE hardware under LE factory software control and there is zero Pro integration with it. I have my own custom moving recognizer assembly, but the only controller version I offer to everyone is a version for controlling your moving recognizer kit with an LE. It's probably best for people to reach out to me directly if they want one for their LE. Thanks.

And amazing it is....huge thanks for doing this!

#258 1 year ago

Compy can you please comment on the numerous requests about if it’s possible to remove the bright white from the light bar?
Suggestions have been to replace it with a UV color or blue, and consensus is the stark white has a very negative impact on the mood of the playfield.
Also a great addition was suggested to include triggering the color Green when the Quora shot is hit.
My light bar (like many others I presume) has been unplugged until this can be resolved, and I’m missing the flashers and mood lighting back there.
Thanks

#259 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Compy can you please comment on the numerous requests about if it’s possible to remove the bright white from the light bar?
Suggestions have been to replace it with a UV color or blue, and consensus is the stark white has a very negative impact on the mood of the playfield.
Also a great addition was suggested to include triggering the color Green when the Quora shot is hit.
My light bar (like many others I presume) has been unplugged until this can be resolved, and I’m missing the flashers and mood lighting back there.
Thanks

Agree with ArcadeBar here, if there's anything that can be done here to dim or remove the default white during gameplay but keep everything else it would look aces. Can barely see the Pinvision with the full blast white light.

#260 1 year ago

Evening all,

Yeah, we've gotten a few requests for software updates that we've been working on. I just finished those up and have released v1.2 of the TRON Pinvision firmware.

Major changes:

1. Added 2 new settings to DisplayConfig.txt
brightness - Controls the brightness of all lamps on the lightbar from 0-4 (0 being off, 4 being surface of the sun)
disable_gameplay_lamps - When set to zero, disables the lightbar when a mode isn't active, also disables the bright white lights during Flynn's Arcade. This should prevent washout. (set to 0 to leave gameplay lamps enabled, set to 1 to disable them)

2. Added version information to the screen on boot. When the system boots, in the upper left corner, you'll see the current version displayed for 5 seconds.
3. Added lighting effects during Quorra mode (thanks Jon!) - Greenish/teal chasing effects to match the video.

Various other bugfixes as well.

A sample display config can be found at: https://86pixels.com/updates/tron/DisplayConfig.txt

The updated software can be found at: https://86pixels.com/updates/tron/v1.2/displayupdate.bin

Software Update Procedure:

1. Turn your game off
2. Remove the MicroSD card from the Pinvision board in the backbox (right side on the Raspberry Pi) - BE CAREFUL NOT TO APPLY PRESSURE TO THE SD CARD
3. Insert the MicroSD card into your computer using a USB -> MicroSD reader, or multicard reader if you have one.
4. Navigate to the "PINVISION" drive on your computer
5. Copy the displayupdate.bin file to the drive (do not rename or place into a subfolder)
6. Reinsert the microSD card into the Pinvision controller board (again, being careful not to force or bend the microsd card)
7. Power on the unit and wait 20-30 seconds. You'll see the Pinvision loading screen, then it'll go black.
8. Power cycle the unit
9. You're up to date!

These steps can be referred to in the installation manual as well: https://86pixels.com/pinvision_tron_installation_instructions.pdf

Note that to take advantage of the new brightness adjustments, you'll need to update the software AND update your DisplayConfig.txt file with the desired brightness/lamp settings.

Have fun guys, keep flipping!
-- Jimmy

#262 1 year ago

Installed the update and all is well. I turned off the light bar during standard gameplay and set the overall brightness to 3 for everything else -- much better IMO. Thanks Jimmy!

#263 1 year ago

Anytime guys, enjoy!

Just a heads up, it turns out that a wrong firmware version was posted and corrected on the website about 12 hours ago. (Copy/paste error) If you update the game with that firmware, your system might not boot beyond the Pinvision splash screen. If that happens, just re-download the latest firmware and repeat the update process.

Many thanks to Jon for giving me a call and letting me know!

-- Jimmy

#264 1 year ago
Quoted from Compy:

Anytime guys, enjoy!
Just a heads up, it turns out that a wrong firmware version was posted and corrected on the website about 12 hours ago. (Copy/paste error) If you update the game with that firmware, your system might not boot beyond the Pinvision splash screen. If that happens, just re-download the latest firmware and repeat the update process.
-- Jimmy

Any chance you’re going to be making the Tron backboard mod anytime soon again? Reached out a few times and didn’t hear back so figured you were on to bigger and better things.

#265 1 year ago
Quoted from Compy:

Anytime guys, enjoy!
-- Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the update.

1. Any way to choose another color than default white in a future update?

2. Is it normal once the moving recoginizer starts to then never stop until the game ends? I'm on a pro.

#266 1 year ago

Compy Thanks for the update!

#267 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Hi Jimmy,
Thanks for the update.
1. Any way to choose another color than default white in a future update?
2. Is it normal once the moving recoginizer starts to then never stop until the game ends? I'm on a pro.

That's a fantastic idea! Let's add that to v1.3! What colors are you wanting to tweak? Man, wouldn't it be cool if you could customize the colors in any mode...

Regarding point 2, that's not normal. The bonus sequence should actually stop the recognizer. Are other things working normally (TRON targets, ZUSE other modes)? If not, I can investigate the bug.

#268 1 year ago

Several of us suggested substituting White for a UV color like Blacklight or Purple etc…
So being able to choose a UV type color instead of just having zero light where the bright white was would be a nice option.
Customizing colors for any/all modes would of course be badass!…but seems like a lot more work when so far the only real concern was the bright white, and then adding green for Quora which you did.

#269 1 year ago

Huge thanks Jimmy!!! What a great mod!!

#270 1 year ago
Quoted from Compy:

That's a fantastic idea! Let's add that to v1.3! What colors are you wanting to tweak? Man, wouldn't it be cool if you could customize the colors in any mode...
Regarding point 2, that's not normal. The bonus sequence should actually stop the recognizer. Are other things working normally (TRON targets, ZUSE other modes)? If not, I can investigate the bug.

Yeah, like the interface done by stumblor for his Pinevent mod Wifi based control

1 week later
#271 1 year ago
Quoted from Compy:

Thanks for looking into this bug on my pro. Once the target bank drops the recoginizer starts and never stops. I shot a youtube video showing me run through all the modes and it doesn't stop until end of game. So everything seems to be working on my end.

I PMed you the youtube link.

#272 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Thanks for looking into this bug on my pro. Once the target bank drops the recoginizer starts and never stops. I shot a youtube video showing me run through all the modes and it doesn't stop until end of game. So everything seems to be working on my end.
I PMed you the youtube link.

Got your PM! Looking into this bug now! Thanks for sending in the report and the video. Videos are always super helpful.

#273 1 year ago

Does anyone by chance have a recognizer assembly they are not using? Please DM me. Thank you.

1 week later
#274 1 year ago
Quoted from Compy:

Got your PM! Looking into this bug now! Thanks for sending in the report and the video. Videos are always super helpful.

I got some new info for you that shines a light on the issue I'm having. If my theory is correct there is a hardware issue with the recoginizer unit. Just drew a short straw with the one I received. Not software. Sending you a PM.

3 weeks later
#275 1 year ago

Good afternoon all,

Hope you're having a great Saturday and either playing or working on some pinball!

Just letting everyone know that I'm working on TRON v1.3 which introduces a feature to disable the recognizer at ball end vs game end. Some people like to let the recognizers run until the game ends, others like it to stop with the end of the ball.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news, Christmas came early! We've got PCBs for 25 TRONs in with more on the way, so we're ready to run another batch of Pinvisions for this title. I've just listed them in stock on our Pinside shop! As a note for orders outside the US, if you want, just DM me with your address/phone number for the shipping label and I can get you an accurate shipping quote.

All units listed come with the RGB light bar assembly.

A note on recognizers, I've got parts on order to get a newly designed (DC motor driven) recognizer assembly in. Depending on how testing goes, we'll list those as soon as we can. The units listed do not include the moving recognizer platform.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other updates:
Theatre of Magic mirror brackets are due in on Monday! Excited to get that rolling as well.

Best,
Jimmy

#276 1 year ago

PM sent.

#277 1 year ago

Finally!!!!!! I was hoping these would be run again. Payment sent. Thanks Compy for making probably one of the best mods out there for my favorite pin. Can’t wait!!

#278 1 year ago

I need a Tron Pinball for all the good mods

#279 1 year ago

Paid too mate, looking forward to it.

#280 1 year ago
Quoted from Compy:Good afternoon all,
Hope you're having a great Saturday and either playing or working on some pinball!
Just letting everyone know that I'm working on TRON v1.3 which introduces a feature to disable the recognizer at ball end vs game end. Some people like to let the recognizers run until the game ends, others like it to stop with the end of the ball.
In other news, Christmas came early! We've got PCBs for 25 TRONs in with more on the way, so we're ready to run another batch of Pinvisions for this title. I've just listed them in stock on our Pinside shop! As a note for orders outside the US, if you want, just DM me with your address/phone number for the shipping label and I can get you an accurate shipping quote.
All units listed come with the RGB light bar assembly.
A note on recognizers, I've got parts on order to get a newly designed (DC motor driven) recognizer assembly in. Depending on how testing goes, we'll list those as soon as we can. The units listed do not include the moving recognizer platform.
Other updates:
Theatre of Magic mirror brackets are due in on Monday! Excited to get that rolling as well.
Best,
Jimmy

Incredible mod, I'm loving it! The interactive led light strip is excellent as well.

2 weeks later
#281 1 year ago

Hi Compy - Do you have a rough idea when you will open up orders again? I missed it this round. Thank you.

#282 1 year ago

Also when do you think orders will ship?

#283 1 year ago

I order mine when they first announced the next run and I got a notification with shipping info on Monday.

195BA0EC-A75F-4583-B00F-E91B592CAD93 (resized).png195BA0EC-A75F-4583-B00F-E91B592CAD93 (resized).png
#284 1 year ago

Ace, mine should ship soon too then.

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Ace, mine should ship soon too then.

Heya,

Yours shipped last Thursday (12/15). I'm assuming you didn't get an email from our system with tracking, so I've sent you your tracking number. Looks like your order just left Chicago O'Hare today on a cargo plane, so should be there soon!

As of today, all Pinvision orders have shipped. Most orders ship UPS, so US based customers should have their units within 4 days.

#286 1 year ago
Quoted from roscoepinball:

Hi Compy - Do you have a rough idea when you will open up orders again? I missed it this round. Thank you.

Hey there!

A bit about how we produce mods. We run production in batches depending on demand. Ideally we run enough to meet demand and have enough sitting on the shelf to fulfill any orders for those who missed the initial post. We've pretty much gotten into this flow with Twilight Zone. However we sold out of the TRONs within a couple days, so we'll likely up our batch size accordingly. I plan on running another batch by end of January. We've got all electronics in stock, we just have to have the anti-glare front panel plastics run again.

The reason we're not running the next batch immediately is that we're balancing time on working on the next game, fulfilling other orders and giving our partners time to run the production jobs for the next batch of Trons.

If you want to get on the list, shoot me an email or a DM here on Pinside!

Jimmy

#287 1 year ago
Quoted from Compy:

Heya,
Yours shipped last Thursday (12/15). I'm assuming you didn't get an email from our system with tracking, so I've sent you your tracking number. Looks like your order just left Chicago O'Hare today on a cargo plane, so should be there soon!
As of today, all Pinvision orders have shipped. Most orders ship UPS, so US based customers should have their units within 4 days.

Thanks Champ. Looking forward to seeing it after xmas.

#288 1 year ago
Quoted from Compy:

Hey there!
A bit about how we produce mods. We run production in batches depending on demand. Ideally we run enough to meet demand and have enough sitting on the shelf to fulfill any orders for those who missed the initial post. We've pretty much gotten into this flow with Twilight Zone. However we sold out of the TRONs within a couple days, so we'll likely up our batch size accordingly. I plan on running another batch by end of January. We've got all electronics in stock, we just have to have the anti-glare front panel plastics run again.
The reason we're not running the next batch immediately is that we're balancing time on working on the next game, fulfilling other orders and giving our partners time to run the production jobs for the next batch of Trons.
If you want to get on the list, shoot me an email or a DM here on Pinside!
Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy. Appreciate it. Sent you a DM.

#289 1 year ago

Just received mine, perfect Xmas present, will install tomorrow.

Jimmy, Any idea when you will be making more moving recognizers? Thanks!

#290 1 year ago

Hey pinside I ordered this board and had a few issues he calls me today Christmas Eve on Christmas Eve peeps, and helps me out through all these issues I'm having what a rock solid wonderful person ..If u are thinking about getting a pinvision don't hesitate great quality and even better customer service..AAAAA+++++

#291 1 year ago
Quoted from Bongiorno:

I had issues with this board and he called me today on Christmas Eve and helped me through all the issues.

Jimmy is always glad to help. Just don't call him too late today, because it's his turn to drive the sleigh tonight.

#292 1 year ago

Busy guy..

1 week later
#293 1 year ago

Got mine today and very excited, but the only instructions i can find on your site say 'just replace the existing one. There's cables and stuff and wondering if there are more detailed instructions for the technically incompetent among us?

Edit; All good, i found them on a different page.

#294 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Got mine today and very excited, but the only instructions i can find on your site say 'just replace the existing one. There's cables and stuff and wondering if there are more detailed instructions for the technically incompetent among us?
Edit; All good, i found them on a different page.

Hey amigo!

Glad you got your unit safe and sound and found the rest of the install instructions/photos! Feel free to reach out with any questions!

#295 1 year ago

Thanks Compy, will do. Maybe have a go at it today if i start before my brownie

#296 1 year ago

Scrolled through the instructions this morning, i think i'll wait till my tech mate is here.

One step above my confidence level.

2 weeks later
#297 1 year ago

Love this mod, the interactive lighting is great. Has anyone put in clips such as seen on virtual pin?

#298 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Love this mod, the interactive lighting is great. Has anyone put in clips such as seen on virtual pin?

Not yet, but it's easy to replace the existing videos with whatever you feel like. The videos that come with it are really nicely done though.

At some point I'm going to replace the event images that slide in from the sides (Quorra, Gen, CLU, etc.) with similar designs using actual photos of Quorra, Gem, etc. Again, the existing images are nicely done in a way to represent the characters without any copyright issues so most people are probably fine with them as-is.

#299 1 year ago

How do I purchase the moving reconizer for my Tron Pro. I can't get a response through pm or email for Compy. Anyone purchase this yet?

#300 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

How do I purchase the moving reconizer for my Tron Pro. I can't get a response through pm or email for Compy. Anyone purchase this yet?

He told me a month or two ago he is improving the recognizer motor, and he was also working on a fiber optic addition, but I haven't been able to reach him lately. I guess he is busy and will let us know when these are ready.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 358 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-tron-interactive-backboard-display/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.