2023-04-07_12-17-12 (resized).png
20230227_150759 (resized).jpg
20230227_150712 (resized).jpg
Capture tron (resized).JPG
DSCF1923[1] (resized).jpg
889AC05E-0510-4C04-8FFE-1D1FB2639D48 (resized).png
ECD30C83-C1A3-489D-8C19-B13EA8CFD142 (resized).png
FF42742B-FFE8-4CD8-B854-7B2516616B71 (resized).jpeg
There are 358 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 1 year ago

Are you going to have some inventory back of your Pinvision ?

Regards

#202 1 year ago

I was thinking about hitting this or installing my Medieval Madness GI kit and topper. Can you guys give me an estimate how long it takes to do this mod?
Thanks

#203 1 year ago

Can someone tell me what is j1 and j4 for dmd connection ? It’s not saying on the board

43C959D3-865B-4E5D-951B-08D6925B4801 (resized).jpeg43C959D3-865B-4E5D-951B-08D6925B4801 (resized).jpeg
#204 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can someone tell me what is j1 and j4 for dmd connection ? It’s not saying on the board[quoted image]

Does anyone mind posting a photo of the controller board all set up ?

Never mind mission success the right is j4 the left is j1. Hardest part of this whole install is tapping the screws for the controller board and the display itself that’s about it

Next step put moving recognizer
A968C596-D827-40FA-B348-DEFFCFFFA6F0 (resized).jpegA968C596-D827-40FA-B348-DEFFCFFFA6F0 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#205 1 year ago

For those with a moving recognizer, mine is off just a tad so I understand to fix it has to readjust the servo screw, but what about those that have a lit recognizer? Does the wire just go in the same hole as the recognizer motor?
Thanks

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

For those with a moving recognizer, mine is off just a tad so I understand to fix it has to readjust the servo screw, but what about those that have a lit recognizer? Does the wire just go in the same hole as the recognizer motor?
Thanks

I’ve noticed the Recognizer bracket has some slop in it because it’s only attached by one screw and makes it possible to always have the chance of not being truly centered at times because it can move around a bit, especially when lighted Recognizer wires are involved. The procedure is the same if you think it needs fine tuning, just be cognizant that it could be slop causing your issue. Allow the mech to stop at the center position and power off the machine and remove the mech. With the mech removed, remove the single horn mounting screw from the servo shaft. Pull the Recognizer bracket and round horn still attached by the single screw off the shaft and reattach it centered. Be careful to not allow the servo shaft to move during the process or you will need to find center again and start over. Because of the single mounting screw and the wiggle room, you will need to move your lighted Recognizer wires around until you find the best placement that prevents them from allowing the arm to wiggle around as much. I’m doing something a little different and don’t have to worry about my lighted Recognizer wire placement, but I would think a wire placement centered to the servo and arm would yield the best results. Good luck.

1 week later
#207 1 year ago

Any idea when these will be back in stock ?

#208 1 year ago

Been staring at my kit awhile now....thinking of going at it tomorrow....moving recognizer and all...seems straightforward and really enjoy the TZ version.....toy time!!

1 week later
#209 1 year ago

Compy is it possible to provide an option where the light strip is programed to swap a uv/blacklight color in place of the bright white?
The rest of the color changes are great, but every instance where it has the bright white light its super bright for the grid, I just unplugged it for now): Below are two short vids with and without the light strip plugged in.

Anyway finally installed this last night and its Awesome! Looks like its always been there and now can't imagine Tron without this in the back.

Some install notes: Seeing the post a few back about which ports were J1 and J4 was very helpful, the instructions said to put the board lower left in the backbox but the pic shows lower right, and doesn't mention that the supplied dmd cable is like 1ft long - its so short that there's maybe one spot to place the board where your speaker/dmd panel will still lay down when taking it out (and like me you've already screwed it in somewhere at this point), otherwise you just have to unplug the dmd cable every time you need to lay the speaker/dmd panel down (not too big of a deal but will probably buy a longer dmd cable now). It took a little extra time to reposition the light cycles but its really a relatively easy install with a Huge payoff!

Thanks for making this 86Pixels!!

Without Light Strip:

With Light Strip:

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Compy is it possible to provide an option where the light strip is programed to swap a uv/blacklight color in place of the bright white?
The rest of the color changes are great, but every instance where it has the bright white light its super bright for the grid, I just unplugged it for now): Below are two short vids with and without the light strip plugged in.
Anyway finally installed this last night and its Awesome! Looks like its always been there and now can't imagine Tron without this in the back.
Some install notes: Seeing the post a few back about which ports were J1 and J4 was very helpful, the instructions said to put the board lower left in the backbox but the pic shows lower right, and doesn't mention that the supplied dmd cable is like 1ft long - its so short that there's maybe one spot to place the board where your speaker/dmd panel will still lay down when taking it out (and like me you've already screwed it in somewhere at this point), otherwise you just have to unplug the dmd cable every time you need to lay the speaker/dmd panel down (not too big of a deal but will probably buy a longer dmd cable now). It took a little extra time to reposition the light cycles but its really a relatively easy install with a Huge payoff!
Without Light Strip:
With Light Strip:

nice, Pinduino controlled ledstrip ?

#211 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

nice, Pinduino controlled ledstrip ?

Yes has a lot of cool effects triggered

#212 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Yes has a lot of cool effects triggered

There's a very very nice evolution of ws2812 ledstrips, called COB ledstrip. Much higher led density (about 400/m), also available as ws2812, with frosted diffuser so you don't see the led points.

Require higher current of course, so dedicated PSU, but well worth it imo. I'm considering buying some just to test.

Slightly wider though

#213 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Without Light Strip:
With Light Strip:

I was going to ask Jimmy the same thing about the toning down the bright default white. Your correct about swapping to a blacklight color as the default. Hope thats possible.

All the other colors and effects look great. I love this mod and the moving recoginizer is just awesome. Here is my interactive backboard setup with the moving recoginizer, Eli kit, and a DIY halogram fan with animation I made edited along side real footage. The fan turns on and off with the disc motor.

#214 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I was going to ask Jimmy the same thing about the toning down the bright default white. Your correct about swapping to a blacklight color as the default. Hope thats possible.
All the other colors and effects look great. I love this mod and the moving recoginizer is just awesome. Here is my interactive backboard setup with the moving recoginizer, Eli kit, and a DIY halogram fan with animation I made edited along side real footage. The fan turns on and off with the disc motor.

Very good idea to turn on the hologram only when the disc motor is on. Otherwise it's too damn noisy....
I wish there were smaller ones, or that you could design your own, but the high density led blade are not replicable with regular WS2812 ledstrip (at least as far as I can tell, although I did find 5cm WS2812 2020 strips). I'm sure an 8 blade version would allow for lower rotation speed, thus reducing noise.

I'm intrigued by your target in front of the spinning disc, care to share a picture ?

#215 1 year ago

Any update on the moving recogziners?

#216 1 year ago

Kit installed w moving recognizer successfully. Great add!!

Question however (reached to /Jimmy but haven't heard back..might be covered up)....the video has random, short digital glitches appearing throughout all clips. Can't believe this is intended.....reseated the mini ribbon, both ends, from display to controller, and swapped out the HDMI cable, both producing no change.

Anywhere else to look? I don't have a spare mini ribbon to swap (in my shop), so maybe the cable itself is faulty? Best source to obtain? thx

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Kit installed w moving recognizer successfully. Great add!!
Question however (reached to /Jimmy but haven't heard back..might be covered up)....the video has random, short digital glitches appearing throughout all clips. Can't believe this is intended.....reseated the mini ribbon, both ends, from display to controller, and swapped out the HDMI cable, both producing no change.
Anywhere else to look? I don't have a spare mini ribbon to swap (in my shop), so maybe the cable itself is faulty? Best source to obtain? thx

Those are normal and built into the video files. If you take out the microSD card, you can view the files on your computer and see that they will play exactly the same.

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Those are normal and built into the video files. If you take out the microSD card, you can view the files on your computer and see that they will play exactly the same.

Huge thanks for clarification!! My Alien has them as well, but seemed more "normal" with the vibe they were trying to achieve.

Does make sense for Tron as well, just seemed a bit excessive at certain points. Glad to know as now my OCD can rest...thanks again!....

#219 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I just joined the club a few weeks ago. Sad I missed the boat on so many great mods! Really hope 86pixels makes more... Been thinking about the LED strips. I can't help but notice the wires that have to cross over the inlane. Has anyone figured out a way to clean these up? That would probably bother me. Maybe I could strategically place a disc there to hide it.

#220 1 year ago

For a lighted recognizer where do I hook up this end to ? Does it need to feed All the way to the front of the cabinet ?

E007AD58-CE9B-4BB7-A9C5-720CFB11BA91 (resized).jpegE007AD58-CE9B-4BB7-A9C5-720CFB11BA91 (resized).jpeg
#221 1 year ago

Looks awesome just wish I had a Tron

#222 1 year ago

I so want this mod. Shattered that i may have missed out, reaching out just in case.

#223 1 year ago

Any word on the moving recognizers? My screen is still in a box, waiting to get the moving recognizer portion of the mod.

3 weeks later
#224 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Any word on the moving recognizers? My screen is still in a box, waiting to get the moving recognizer portion of the mod.

Bumping this post, still need a moving recognizer!!

#225 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Bumping this post, still need a moving recognizer!!

Contact Jimmy for a moving recoginizer. Saying you want one in this thread isn't how I ordered one. By the way no reason to have your kit in a box. Adding the recoginizer later isn't a big deal.

#226 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Contact Jimmy for a moving recoginizer. Saying you want one in this thread isn't how I ordered one. By the way no reason to have your kit in a box. Adding the recoginizer later isn't a big deal.

I ordered this the day it was announced with a moving recognizer (even though it was just a concept then), and then again once they started showing up. My buddy got his with his kit, mine came without it and communicated it at the time, my understanding was there were issues with it. And have heard the were coming soon or something along those lines. The moving recognizer is more important to me than this mod, so disagree with your last statement. Love the screen, have it on my TZ, but not having the moving recognizer (or in this case having any recognizer at on all the LE), doesn’t work for me.
Haven’t seen many complaints (recently) so maybe it’s just me without one and I need to reach back out.

#227 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I ordered this the day it was announced with a moving recognizer (even though it was just a concept then), and then again once they started showing up. My buddy got his with his kit, mine came without it and communicated it at the time, my understanding was there were issues with it. And have heard the were coming soon or something along those lines. The moving recognizer is more important to me than this mod, so disagree with your last statement. Love the screen, have it on my TZ, but not having the moving recognizer (or in this case having any recognizer at on all the LE), doesn’t work for me.

Haven’t seen many complaints (recently) so maybe it’s just me without one and I need to reach back out.

#228 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

My advice is to email Jimmy directly.

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

My advice is to email Jimmy directly.

Agreed and will do.

#230 1 year ago

TRON LE (ONLY) PinVision owners using the PinVision moving recognizer. I have created a way to once again utilize the original LE connections and code to control the recognizer. This custom PCB and wiring harnesses connect to the factory switch and motor harness connections like the original factory recognizer configuration and is completely plug and play with 100% accuracy, even the service mode recognizer tests don’t even know the difference.

I have one new unit ready to ship to someone in the US only for now. Just send me a message for pricing to get started. I realize this has to be pretty niche being only for LE owners with a PinVision moving recognizer, so more can be made upon request after this unit.

TRON PinVision Moving Recognizer Controller (resized).jpgTRON PinVision Moving Recognizer Controller (resized).jpg
1 week later
#231 1 year ago

Do you guys know if Jimmie is running any more Tron PinVision kits? I don't have Tron yet, but am looking. I have his previous TZ PinVision and shoulda jumped on board even without the game yet.

#232 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Do you guys know if Jimmie is running any more Tron PinVision kits? I don't have Tron yet, but am looking. I have his previous TZ PinVision and shoulda jumped on board even without the game yet.

I would email him, he is pretty responsive to email.

#233 1 year ago

This mod is so cool. Have my Tron LE side by side with my TZ, both with the 86 pixels mods. Brings new life into both of these already great games!

#234 1 year ago

If anyone looking for this kit with light bar, hit me up. I still have mine in box uninstalled

#235 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:

If anyone looking for this kit with light bar, hit me up. I still have mine in box uninstalled

PM’d you

#236 1 year ago

Compy would it be possible to 1) have a version that does not have all the glitches in the video? I think it’s cool when you first hit start, but after that the frequency leaves most of my customers & friends thinking something’s wrong with it, and for me I also don’t remember so many glitches watching the movie. 2) regarding the light bar would it please be possible to replace the bright cool white light with a uv or blue color? The bright white is just a bit harsh with the dark grid vibe, but I absolutely love the flashes and other light choreography, so it’s a bummer to have it unplugged just because of the flood light.
Thanks for making this amazing mod - I’ve gotten many compliments from regulars who appreciate this level of an upgrade!

#237 1 year ago

I’ve reached out to Compy via this forum and his website and it’s been nothing but crickets. If he’s not making these anymore it would be nice for some sort of response.

#238 1 year ago

I finally got this kit installed as I posted above and it is awesome. I also added Tekman board for the LE, to retain the Recognizer behavior as designed (works in testing also), its a few posts back, would recommend!

3 weeks later
#239 1 year ago

If you have an LE and looking for one of my moving Recognizer controller boards to fully integrate the PinVision moving recognizer assembly back to original factory control, they are available at https://lundyelectronics.com/product-category/pinball/.

#240 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Any updates on this? I have an LE and want pinvision! I hit up their website but didn’t get a response. : /

#241 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Any updates on this? I have an LE and want pinvision! I hit up their website but didn’t get a response. : /

Try emailing direct. [email protected]

#242 1 year ago

Has there been any firmware/code updates yet?

#243 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I don't believe so. I am looking forward to some lighting updates for the light bar though (reduce general white brightness so it doesn't wash out the rear of the playfield, add green colors during Quorra mode are what I've requested).

#244 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Taking out the glitches in the video or at least reducing it to just when you start a game would be a nice update. The glitching repeatedly to a lot of people just looks like the screen is messed up.
Also hoping the white is taken out of the light bar & adding the green to Quora is a great idea.
Would love to see any users post up some of their custom movie footage additions.

#245 1 year ago

Anyone with an LE who purchased the Pinvision kit wants to sell the original parts (motor/bracket) let me know. I'll pay good money for it.

Thx !

#246 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I don't believe so. I am looking forward to some lighting updates for the light bar though (reduce general white brightness so it doesn't wash out the rear of the playfield, add green colors during Quorra mode are what I've requested).

My thoughts exactly. Let's bring that default white way down on the lightbar because it washes out the screen. Or make the new default color more blacklightish? Also on my moving recoginizer, once it starts most of the time it never stops until the game is over.

Other than that Jimmy's mod is awesome. Maybe we can email him about update info?

#247 1 year ago

Good Luck. He’s MIA. Emailed,messaged, emailed again,messaged again. Crickets. I wouldn’t hold my breath for any updates or new builds. This is probably dunnzo!

#248 1 year ago

Actually 86pixels.com just listed the TZ version of the backboard display as back in stock, so we might see more in the future. (Not sure why the radio silence though).

#249 1 year ago

This looks like a superb mod, but the information about it seems to be difficult to get! What's the current availability for Tron Pro, costs, etc. any nown bugs? Are there clear instructions to install?

2 weeks later
#250 1 year ago

Hi guys I want to give you my experiance with this mod. No question it looks really cool but I admit I felt alone with my problems with it. I got some answers form the 86 pixel but with much delay and at least not very helpful. I had a problem with the recogniser and it stoped working. Finally it seems it was a problem from the board of them. The servo is working with another solution.

And here I want to thank Tekman. This guy helped me out and did great support. His board is phantastic and really gives the real LE-feeling back.
And this although I did not buy the board from him. I want to thank him for all his effort!

Without his board which brought the function of the recongniser back I don't know what I shall think about the mod. Without own ideas and solutions you loose 2 important flash-lights and the original behavior of the recogniser and as I said mine stoped working totally with it. This costs me a lot of nerves and fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

There are 358 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-tron-interactive-backboard-display/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.