2023-04-07_12-17-12 (resized).png
20230227_150759 (resized).jpg
20230227_150712 (resized).jpg
Capture tron (resized).JPG
DSCF1923[1] (resized).jpg
889AC05E-0510-4C04-8FFE-1D1FB2639D48 (resized).png
ECD30C83-C1A3-489D-8C19-B13EA8CFD142 (resized).png
FF42742B-FFE8-4CD8-B854-7B2516616B71 (resized).jpeg
There are 358 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 2 years ago

I hope everyone that ordered these gets their products and they all work great. Unfortunately I had to abandon my hopes of getting one due to the lack of response when I was trying to order one. Also seeing how many others in this thread seem to be experiencing intermittent to no communication I am confident I made the best choice for my situation. Looks like a really cool addition but I’ll have to stick with my static backboard

#152 2 years ago

I also ordered one and cant get any response from them.

#153 2 years ago

and yet pinside shows them (op) as being active today.

#154 2 years ago

Well I am one of the guys that received this mod so just wanted to pass on an update.
There was a mixup with one of the cords for the installation.
There was also a problem with the installer(me) and I reversed the polarity.
So I got my board looked at and there was no damage. No harm no foul.
I also reached out to Jimmy by phone and he immediately sent me a new cord.
The product is up and running and I must say it’s very cool and worth it.
Thanks Jimmy and best wishes.

#155 2 years ago

For anyone who has it, I would be curious to see a gameplay video taken from player height. One of the downside of the Pinvision mod on my TZ for ex is that the view is blocked by the ramps, and I fear this would also be the case here, so any pointer is welcome.

By the way, is there an installation guide somewhere ?

Regards

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

I hope everyone that ordered these gets their products and they all work great. Unfortunately I had to abandon my hopes of getting one due to the lack of response when I was trying to order one. Also seeing how many others in this thread seem to be experiencing intermittent to no communication I am confident I made the best choice for my situation. Looks like a really cool addition but I’ll have to stick with my static backboard

You'll get it. Jimmy is a stand-up dude. He's a programmer/engineer, not a customer service guy or sales guy. He's probably got a legitimate reason to lay off emails; probably part shortages due to the virus situation and he's tired of answering emails to make excuses. I'm sure he wants to deliver product.

You can preorder the Tron Pinvision here, $200 deposit, if you like, no emails necessary:

86pixels.com

This isn't a Deeproot situation.

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

For anyone who has it, I would be curious to see a gameplay video taken from player height. One of the downside of the Pinvision mod on my TZ for ex is that the view is blocked by the ramps, and I fear this would also be the case here, so any pointer is welcome.
By the way, is there an installation guide somewhere ?
Regards

I don't have a gameplay vid yet but most of the screen is visible above the ramps. Here is a link to the install guide: https://86pixels.com/tron/install

#158 2 years ago

Good morning all,

Responses in line.

Quoted from Newtothis:

I just looked at my pinside DMs and saw your message from December 22nd, so my apologies there for missing it. You asked if you were to place the order today what the current lead times/expected delivery would be: with the current backlog and production cadence, you'd be looking at the first week of March (of this year, of course).

TL;DR
1. We should have all backorders shipped by the first week of March (with newer preorders going out after)
2. We've got light boards in stock and are shipping those out with all units that request them
3. New CO2 tubes are installed in the laser so we can test cut parts for moving recognizers.

Parts for the test EL/wire ramp kits are due in on the 31st.

Anyone who has ever requested a refund (two people, both who ended up selling their games) were given full refunds within hours. We're not deeproot, we're not pinbits. We support our products, but we're just running really lean.

-- Jimmy

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I also ordered one and cant get any response from them.

I assume you're "Scott", I don't have any emails or pinside DMs from you. I do have your pre-order though, and you're due for production next week.

Feel free to send me a DM, email or ask any questions here. Happy to answer any questions.

-- Jimmy

#160 2 years ago

That's good news.

#161 2 years ago

Got the email yesterday that my backboard was ready for assembly. I am pretty stoked! Can't wait to see it in person.

#162 2 years ago

I got inline this summer. Recently got my kit, and it is really cool, so first off, I love it.

There was one small issue, they fixed it immediately, so great customer service there. Thx Jimmy.

I got the light bar with mine, HIGHLY recommended, it is really cool.

The difficulty to pull this off seems pretty high as well, so to those upset, be patient, be cordial. He doesn't have a secretary answering emails, my experience is they were fine. And I don't know him at all, I can tell he cares about making this great.

A pic .. I'll post a video on my YouTube for your review.. and post it here.
Thx Jimmy

PXL_20220129_031448736 (resized).jpgPXL_20220129_031448736 (resized).jpg
#163 2 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I got inline this summer. Recently got my kit, and it is really cool, so first off, I love it.
There was one small issue, they fixed it immediately, so great customer service there. Thx Jimmy.
I got the light bar with mine, HIGHLY recommended, it is really cool.
The difficulty to pull this off seems pretty high as well, so to those upset, be patient, be cordial. He doesn't have a secretary answering emails, my experience is they were fine. And I don't know him at all, I can tell he cares about making this great.
A pic .. I'll post a video on my YouTube for your review.. and post it here.
Thx Jimmy [quoted image]

I was an early order so I don't have the light bar yet - Can you share some pictures of it? Some action vids too if you get a chance? I'm definitely getting it, but haven't seen any actual photos of it yet

#164 2 years ago

Here is a quick video of it to get a sense of it

#165 2 years ago

Looking good! Excited to get mine.

#166 2 years ago

I hadn't seen a few of those animations. Looks awesome!

1 week later
#167 2 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Good morning all,
Responses in line.

I just looked at my pinside DMs and saw your message from December 22nd, so my apologies there for missing it. You asked if you were to place the order today what the current lead times/expected delivery would be: with the current backlog and production cadence, you'd be looking at the first week of March (of this year, of course).
TL;DR
1. We should have all backorders shipped by the first week of March (with newer preorders going out after)
2. We've got light boards in stock and are shipping those out with all units that request them
3. New CO2 tubes are installed in the laser so we can test cut parts for moving recognizers.
Parts for the test EL/wire ramp kits are due in on the 31st.
Anyone who has ever requested a refund (two people, both who ended up selling their games) were given full refunds within hours. We're not deeproot, we're not pinbits. We support our products, but we're just running really lean.
-- Jimmy

Hey Jimmy - I sent you a PM in November but never got a reply. Am I on the list of backorders?

#168 2 years ago

Hi Jimmy, I sent email and a PM requesting the light bar and moving recoginizer added onto my order.

Very excited about all the cool stuff you are doing for the community. Much appreciated.

#169 2 years ago

Any update on timing of the Recognizer? Thanks!!

2 weeks later
#170 2 years ago

I'm happy to announce that my interactive backboard display is just a few days from arriving according to the tracking information.

Trust the proccess. Jimmy is coming through.

As for as the moving recoginizer add on goes. I can only assume there not ready yet as I've tried to add it onto my order. Unless I'm wrong. Does anyone know?

#171 2 years ago

Mine is in the mail as well. Here is the latest regarding recognizers from 86Pixels - "Recognizers are being cut/tested for final fit and finish and will be available over the next few weeks now that we've finally got laser tubes in! Basically 6 screws and it plugs directly into your Pinvision controller board."

#172 2 years ago

Evening all,

Recognizers were cut and test fit yesterday. So far so good, so now just running a bazillion of them and then sending emails out. Basically everyone that wanted their unit held for a moving recognizer are the ones that we've got left in the queue (most are LE owners).

One question we get a lot is if you need another recognizer toy, and the answer is no. You use your old one, two screws and it unmounts from your LE moving recognizer assembly arm or your existing TRON plastic. The new unit is a shrunken version of the factory one and the recognizer is designed to bolt right in place with the same screws.

Another question is why the unit hasn't been shown on a bunch of Twitch channels, etc. - We do have several units going out to Twitch streamers in the next batch since it's near the end of the run. We just didn't feel right cutting in line and sending units out to them (though we're thankful for them, and they've been super patient, as have all of you!). In fact, Fliptronic was nice enough to donate their Tron to us for a loooong time to test every unit before it left.

Since most (if not all) of the production run will be done this month, we're planning on having units for sale at the Texas Pinball Festival, so make sure to come out and see what's up!

-- Jimmy

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Evening all,
Recognizers were cut and test fit yesterday. So far so good, so now just running a bazillion of them and then sending emails out. Basically everyone that wanted their unit held for a moving recognizer are the ones that we've got left in the queue (most are LE owners).
One question we get a lot is if you need another recognizer toy, and the answer is no. You use your old one, two screws and it unmounts from your LE moving recognizer assembly arm or your existing TRON plastic. The new unit is a shrunken version of the factory one and the recognizer is designed to bolt right in place with the same screws.
Another question is why the unit hasn't been shown on a bunch of Twitch channels, etc. - We do have several units going out to Twitch streamers in the next batch since it's near the end of the run. We just didn't feel right cutting in line and sending units out to them (though we're thankful for them, and they've been super patient, as have all of you!). In fact, Fliptronic was nice enough to donate their Tron to us for a loooong time to test every unit before it left.
Since most (if not all) of the production run will be done this month, we're planning on having units for sale at the Texas Pinball Festival, so make sure to come out and see what's up!
-- Jimmy

Pumped to hear, and anxious to unleash this magic on my LE!!!! Bring it!!!...mark

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Evening all,
-- Jimmy

Thank you for the update. Does the moving recoginizer work on the Pro model?

If it does could I please purchase?

Added over 2 years ago:

In your video I see the moving recoginizer working in the pro. Very cool. However. there was no mention of the moving recoginizer as an add on when I completed the final payment in your email and no option on your website. Please advise.

1 week later
#175 2 years ago

Did a stream last night with the pinvision with led GI board and moving recognizer installed! I believe Jimmy told me he wanted to reinforce the recognizer mod a little more so consider it a prototype: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1426937419

#176 2 years ago

Goddamit, I'm just seeing this thread for the first time, nobody told me!! This mod just looks fantastic!

I'll read up - but the gamesound/lighting is not affected, right? E.g. it's not some sort of pinduino add-on..?

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Goddamit, I'm just seeing this thread for the first time, nobody told me!! This mod just looks fantastic!
I'll read up - but the gamesound/lighting is not affected, right? E.g. it's not some sort of pinduino add-on..?

I didn't think the pinduino changed any of the game sounds or lighting, it just adds the ability for additional lighting/effects? This mod is similar, in that it adds on to the existing game. The only changes to the stock lighting are the flashers in the stock backboard are gone since the entire backboard is replaced. There is an led light bar that adds effects in that area though and makes up for it.

1 week later
#178 2 years ago

I received my stuff. I'm a flippin retard installing this kind of thing but I'll be working with an engineering friend and we'll get 'er done.

thanks again, Jimmy...you ROCK!

#179 2 years ago

I really like mine. I do hope there are some upgrades for it down the road

#180 2 years ago

Received mine as well, seeing the servo motor for moving recognizer on top...stoked and excited to get on this one!!!! Thanks Jimmy!!!!...mark

#181 2 years ago

Got mine also and already installed.

855111FB-A2DF-41F6-8EE5-8CD4B2FD3A6D (resized).jpeg855111FB-A2DF-41F6-8EE5-8CD4B2FD3A6D (resized).jpeg97BB4CCE-3B1E-4390-BD47-1547B62D421F (resized).jpeg97BB4CCE-3B1E-4390-BD47-1547B62D421F (resized).jpegC0D1908E-E5F8-4E66-BAE7-FD9D8354688E (resized).jpegC0D1908E-E5F8-4E66-BAE7-FD9D8354688E (resized).jpeg
#182 2 years ago

The pinvision and moving recognizer definitely helped propel us to get a runner up ribbon for Best Modern at Texas Pinball Festival! It was seeing non stop play and I think Jimmy sold out of his pinvisions there! We had to snap a group pic before packing it up today

277512135_10158707260971524_9050343059299153722_n (resized).jpg277512135_10158707260971524_9050343059299153722_n (resized).jpg

#183 2 years ago

Any update on when the moving recognizer will be shipping?

#184 2 years ago

I installed the moving recognizeron my LE is there a way to calibrate it? Mine is off to the left and is hitting the spinner. It is not center when not moving.

3 weeks later
#185 1 year ago

Compy May I make a request to add some green lighting effects to the lightbar during Quorra mode? This would be awesome! I think the only colors being used right now are blue, yellow and red (correct me if I'm wrong) and some green would make it even better!

1 week later
#186 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I installed the moving recognizeron my LE is there a way to calibrate it? Mine is off to the left and is hitting the spinner. It is not center when not moving.

When I received my Recognizer kit, it was also not centered like you are describing. It looks like they are not being assembled correctly or perhaps code has changed and hasn't been published yet? I took a different approach all together for my LE for the moving Recognizer while using the PinVision display back panel mod and didn't bother messing more with it.

It looks like you can remove the assembly and leave it attached and wait for it to center (or should I say off center) and then power down and remove it from the machine. Flip the assembly upside down and remove the single output shaft screw and pull the round horn and Recognizer bracket away from the servo output shaft. Now replace round horn and Recognizer bracket back in a centered position where it should be. This would now be the correct centered position for it to operate and tighten the screw back down. Since we both have units doing this, I wonder if code is different where they are testing before they go out the door.

#187 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Compy May I make a request to add some green lighting effects to the lightbar during Quorra mode? This would be awesome! I think the only colors being used right now are blue, yellow and red (correct me if I'm wrong) and some green would make it even better!

I like this idea!

#188 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Got mine also and already installed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get your side blades?

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Any update on when the moving recognizer will be shipping?

Bump. I’ve had my kit in a box for a few months now but with an LE, not planning on installing until the moving recognizer is ready.

Thanks!

#190 1 year ago

I also have an LE and took a different approach for the moving Recognizer. The PinVision version of the moving Recognizer just doesn’t cut it for use in the LE in my opinion and the original factory usage/control is much better suited for the LE.

I think the PinVision recognizer control could be a great choice for the pro once they correct the issue of them not working out of the box because it immediately moves hard left and slams the spinner bracket and never finds center.

Anyway, I went ahead and designed a custom driver board that monitors the actual LE motor signal and activates the servo and enables the correct left (pos1), center (pos2), and right (pos3) switch closures on the matrix for full 100% LE integration, just like the real thing.

I’m using this setup with my own mini servo that completely hides under the left ramp, but I also wrote code specifically for controlling the PinVision Recognizer kit servo as well while I had one to test with just in case it would come in handy. My code also corrects the current problem going hard left and hitting the spinner and never going center and makes it operate as it should. Why the silence from them after it was brought up over a month ago in this thread that the Recognizers aren’t operating correctly?

I also added the blue flashers to the panel like the factory panel had.

Back panel flashers (resized).jpgBack panel flashers (resized).jpgFront panel flashers (resized).jpgFront panel flashers (resized).jpgInstalled bottom side (resized).jpgInstalled bottom side (resized).jpgMoving Recognizer assembly (resized).jpgMoving Recognizer assembly (resized).jpgMoving Recognizer servo mount (resized).jpgMoving Recognizer servo mount (resized).jpgServo board (resized).jpgServo board (resized).jpgServo closeup (resized).jpgServo closeup (resized).jpginstalled top side (resized).jpginstalled top side (resized).jpg
1 week later
#191 1 year ago

Compy I was just informed that someone recently received their PinVision with moving Recognizer kit and it worked as expected. What about the people that have your moving Recognizer kit that just slams hard left and never find center and you aren't answering their emails or posting to this thread? Can you PLEASE respond and let us know what the fix is. Is it new code with different pulse width values or allowing the servo to find center with current code and then mounting the Recognizer bracket arm centered after that? Sorry to call you out, but the silence for over a month on this doesn't help anyone.

#192 1 year ago

Following the posts here I did some testing with the moving recognizer too and even though it moves correctly left-right on my game (a LE), the movement is not synchronized as what it should be on the LE.

For example: If I start a 2 player game for example and for player 1 I hit the target bank, the recognizer starts moving. Now it keeps moving for the entire game (also for player 2) and only stops at the end of the game.

#193 1 year ago

Got mine on Friday and installed it over the weekend. Really digging it! Will be streaming it tonight if anyone wants to check it out. 8 Eastern at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

pinvision1 (resized).jpgpinvision1 (resized).jpgpinvision2 (resized).jpgpinvision2 (resized).jpgpinvision3 (resized).jpgpinvision3 (resized).jpg
#194 1 year ago

Looks great!

Here’s another moving Recognizer that worked out of the box.

@Compy, It has now been 47 days since it was brought to your attention that some of your Recognizer kits didn’t work out of the box. Can you PLEASE just take a few minutes to explain what the solution was. Was it new code with a different pulse width range or did you accidently not mount some Recognizer arms with the servo correctly centered? Why not answer this so people can finally get their Recognizer kits working? PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, support your products!

#195 1 year ago

If someone with the mod wants to sell the original recognizer motor, let me know. I have been looking for one for a while.

recognizer (resized).jpgrecognizer (resized).jpg
#196 1 year ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Looks great!
Here’s another moving Recognizer that worked out of the box.
Compy, It has now been 47 days since it was brought to your attention that some of your Recognizer kits didn’t work out of the box. Can you PLEASE just take a few minutes to explain what the solution was. Was it new code with a different pulse width range or did you accidently not mount some Recognizer arms with the servo correctly centered? Why not answer this so people can finally get their Recognizer kits working? PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, support your products!

We support our products 100%. Sorry if we missed an inquiry.

I'm confused... people that mentioned having issues were sent a new recognizer unit that was adjustable. Anything that slams hard right would need to have the recognizer platform removed (phillips head screw) and reset center. The system will automatically home to what it "thinks" is center when it powers on. Before any recognizer unit leaves, we power them up and center them, then reattach the recognizer platform. It's possible something was missed, or the motor encoder that is internal to your servo is botched. (This is exactly the process you outlined)

In your case, you replaced the recognizer unit to something that works well. In fact, I would even refer PRO owners to you and you could make a killing selling it. It looks great. You offered to send parts back, you can keep them. I don't believe you were charged for anything either. Not sure what other support you'd like?

Regarding people waiting on recognizers, we're cutting them and sending them out. We've just been slammed. If we missed a message, or you're waiting on a recognizer, let me know! RobbyIRL5 - I've got you down for one!

-- Jimmy

#197 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

Following the posts here I did some testing with the moving recognizer too and even though it moves correctly left-right on my game (a LE), the movement is not synchronized as what it should be on the LE.
For example: If I start a 2 player game for example and for player 1 I hit the target bank, the recognizer starts moving. Now it keeps moving for the entire game (also for player 2) and only stops at the end of the game.

That is most definitely a bug. I'll work on a code update and send that out. Thanks for reporting it!

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from Compy:

We support our products 100%. Sorry if we missed an inquiry.
I'm confused... people that mentioned having issues were sent a new recognizer unit that was adjustable. Anything that slams hard right would need to have the recognizer platform removed (phillips head screw) and reset center. The system will automatically home to what it "thinks" is center when it powers on. Before any recognizer unit leaves, we power them up and center them, then reattach the recognizer platform. It's possible something was missed, or the motor encoder that is internal to your servo is botched. (This is exactly the process you outlined)
In your case, you replaced the recognizer unit to something that works well. In fact, I would even refer PRO owners to you and you could make a killing selling it. It looks great. You offered to send parts back, you can keep them. I don't believe you were charged for anything either. Not sure what other support you'd like?
Regarding people waiting on recognizers, we're cutting them and sending them out. We've just been slammed. If we missed a message, or you're waiting on a recognizer, let me know! RobbyIRL5 - I've got you down for one!
-- Jimmy

Thank you for the reply! Not sure why it took 47 days, but we’ll take what we can get! The theory of removing the Recogizer arm and allowing it to center correctly is the answer we we looking for. Now tatman9999 and others have a solution to get their Recognizer working correctly.

Thank you.

#199 1 year ago
Quoted from marcd:

If someone with the mod wants to sell the original recognizer motor, let me know. I have been looking for one for a while.
[quoted image]

Marco has them in stock.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/041-5103-00

#200 1 year ago

Actually, I am looking for the bracket that holds the motor also. I need the entire assembly (511-6929-00) or just the bracket.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-6929-00

Thanks !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Trade
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 358 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-tron-interactive-backboard-display/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.