Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
iron_man_overlay_want.jpg
iron_man_overlay_1.jpg
SM_Bank_Decal.jpeg
SM_Bank_Decal_1.jpeg
SM_target.jpg
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 12 years ago

Payment sent for two SM decals.

Great products,keep em coming

Pingod

#52 12 years ago

Thanks all! tried the new one out tonight. The art lines up but im still not happy with the colour of the swirls. One more tweak amd we're there. Still aiming for the weekend shipments. Thanks for your patience!

#53 12 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Thanks all! tried the new one out tonight. The art lines up but im still not happy with the colour of the swirls. One more tweak amd we're there. Still aiming for the weekend shipments. Thanks for your patience!

Take your time. We want it perfect

#54 12 years ago

Payment sent for SM. Thanks!

Todd

#55 12 years ago

Looks very nice.

Now back to work on more variations of AFM =-) semi - jk

#56 12 years ago

The art lines up but im still not happy with the colour of the swirls. One more tweak amd we're there. Still aiming for the weekend shipments.

Hey we know these things don't happen over night, thanks for your efforts. More important to get it looking right then to just send em out quickly we appreciate you doing that.

#57 12 years ago

paypal funds sent. Thanks. keep em comin!

#58 12 years ago

alright I've got a bit of a good news / bad news scenerio here. I've got the decal to the point where I'm happy with it (good), but.. BUT. I took the exact same decal to a different Spiderman playfield and the sand swirls are different. The one I've been building to is more of a tan colour, where the one I compared to today is yellow? Hmm..

Unfortunately, like the Tron decals there's nothing I can do about colour variances in Stern's playfields. Sorry guys.

If this is a deterant at all feel free to contact me (before or after you receive the decal) for a full refund. All in all though, I'm pretty happy with it.

Thanks again!!

#59 12 years ago

alright I've got a bit of a good news / bad news scenerio here. I've got the decal to the point where I'm happy with it (good), but.. BUT. I took the exact same decal to a different spiderman playfield and the sand swirls are different. The one I've been building to is more of a tan colour, where the one I compared to today is yellow? Hmm..
Unfortunately, like the Tron decals there's nothing I can do about colour variances in Stern's playfields. Sorry guys.
If this is a deterant at all feel free to contact me (before or after you receive the decal) for a full refund. All in all though, I'm pretty happy with it.
Thanks again!!

Either way, I am sure it will be better than a hunk of visible black plastic.

#60 12 years ago

Hey p_c....The color swirl on my SM is more of a tan than yellow. I wonder how many games have a difference between the two? Maybe some of the guys that ordered can send you information on what their playfield looks like and you can get an average.

#61 12 years ago

Payment sent for a spidey

#62 12 years ago

payment sent. Thanks Brock.

#63 12 years ago

Latest batch left the building yesterday, sorry for the slight delay.. needed to pick up more materials!

They'll take ~4 days if you ordered in North America.

Enjoy.

#64 12 years ago

Are you doing the 2 different colors you talked about?

How much should i send? I think i would have you send the 2.

Jim z

#65 12 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

Are you doing the 2 different colors you talked about?
How much should i send? I think i would have you send the 2.
Jim z

No, I ended up splitting the difference. The problem is, I could go to a 3rd playfield and have another completely different result. I've got 14 years in the print industry, and sadly this doesn't surprise me. There will always be slight variation in colour from playfield to playfield. In the CMYK process Cyan, Magenta and Black are easier to control because they're easier to see. Yellow will vary the most because it's harder to see with the human eye. Then there's the matter of registration from playfield to playfield. If the registration is off it will alter colour even further, which can be more obvious in highlights. This is why on the two Spiderman playfields I tested with, the blues matched almost identically (there will be very little yellow, if any in the blue colour) but the sand colours varied a great deal. Actually I noticed the black on the one playfield I looked at was WAY off.. yikes!

Then you get into other variables, such as substrate, differences of base white on the pf vs. vinyl, coatings (mylar vs. clearcoat), and especially.. ESPECIALLY the difference in resolution -- 2400 DPI continuous tone (micro dots) digital Epson plotter vs. what appears to be about 120 LPI silkscreening in a rosette pattern (http://the-print-guide.blogspot.ca/2009/04/rosettes-everything-you-didnt-realize.html)

All in all there are so many variables involved, there's no real way to do this without creating individual decals on a per-playfield basis. The same variations are in the TRON playfields, it's just much less noticeable because the colours are so dark, even the yellow -- it's hard to screw up 100% yellow.

One thing's for sure, I can understand CPR's frustration with colour! If our pressman had this kind of variation in his colour he'd be reprimanded for sure!

Anyway all this is making it sound worse than it really is.. I do notice a difference, and I feel it's necessary you're all aware of it, that's all At the end of the day it's a cost effective, subtle mod that I hope you'll all enjoy!

#66 12 years ago

Thanks for putting these out there.
Colour difference or not,still better than nothing there at all

Dan

#67 12 years ago

So SM is ready to order and TRON, is Avatar ready yet for purchase and AFM?

#68 12 years ago

Latest batch left the building yesterday

Great news can't wait to finally cover up that blank 3 bank target.

#69 12 years ago

Looking forward to getting them installed. Thanks p_c

#70 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Great news can't wait to finally cover up that blank 3 bank target.

Same here T_D_A! Funny thing is, I never noticed the blandness of the target bank until Brock started making these decals...LOL!

#71 12 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

The_Dude_Abides said:Great news can't wait to finally cover up that blank 3 bank target.
Same here T_D_A! Funny thing is, I never noticed the blandness of the target bank until Brock started making these decals...LOL!

That makes two of us!

#72 12 years ago

haha thanks guys, I've never been a fan of big chunks of missing art.. I'm working on a decal to replace Megatron's face on the LE's, too

#73 12 years ago

haha thanks guys, I've never been a fan of big chunks of missing art.. I'm working on a decal to replace Megatron's face on the LE's, too

All your target banks decals avaliable now Brock?

#74 12 years ago

Good work.

#75 12 years ago

Hey Brock,

Just got my new Sandman target bank decal today! What a great job you did. It looks fantastic, and really finishes off that area. I don't know if it's because of the decal, but I threw a game on after installation, and I scored a new GC score! Thanks again!

#76 12 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

I don't know if it's because of the decal, but I threw a game on after installation, and I scored a new GC score! Thanks again!

I hope that happens to me when i put mine on.

Hey Brock new selling feature!

#77 12 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

I don't know if it's because of the decal, but I threw a game on after installation, and I scored a new GC score

Call me crazy but whenever I finish adding a mod or cleaning up one of my games a bit I seem to always have a really great game immediately after...

I think it's the pinball saying "Thank You"

#78 12 years ago

Well to be honest guys, I just updated my game code to 2.6 the other day and it wiped out all my high scores. The new threshold was set factory low, so it wasn't too phenomenal

It's still a great mod though!

#79 12 years ago

Payment Made for 1 x SM Decal
Thanks

#80 12 years ago

Latest batch is in the mail, thanks all for your patience.

- B

#81 12 years ago

Got mine. The left side of mine is not cut straight but is wider at the top. Is it supposed to be like that?

#82 12 years ago
Quoted from ikrananka:

Got mine. The left side of mine is not cut straight but is wider at the top. Is it supposed to be like that?

Nope, PM me your address and I'll send a new one.

#83 12 years ago

Received mine last week... Good stuff.

#84 12 years ago

PM sent - thanks.

2 weeks later
#85 11 years ago

Hi Pinball Customs
Do you have a time frame as to when the TF Target Decal will be available for sale please?
Thanks

#86 11 years ago

Anyone mind posting a pic with a Spidey decal installed? Glass off, target bank up from a players point of view.

#87 11 years ago

Here you go

SM_Bank_Decal_1.jpegSM_Bank_Decal_1.jpeg SM_Bank_Decal.jpegSM_Bank_Decal.jpeg

#88 11 years ago

Thanks for the pics....you just sold a decal.

#89 11 years ago

I just sent you a PayPal for sm and tron

#90 11 years ago

I just got my TRON decal today, and it looks great! Nice job again Brock. I also have the Spidey decal. It's the finishing touches that make a difference.

3 months later
#91 11 years ago

Gotta bump this...just got one installed on my SM and it looks great!

3 years later
#92 8 years ago

Are these still available?

2 weeks later
#93 8 years ago

Sorry, just noticed this. Yes they're available

#94 8 years ago

Ever considered making this decal for IM?

iron_man_overlay_1.jpgiron_man_overlay_1.jpg

iron_man_overlay_want.jpgiron_man_overlay_want.jpg

6 months later
#95 8 years ago

Just ordered one from your website. Can't wait to get it!

#96 8 years ago

How does the three bank target sticker look on SMVE?

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

How does the three bank target sticker look on SMVE?

That's a good question.. if anyone with a SMVE can try it out for me, I'll send you a free sticker

#98 8 years ago

I would love someone to make a decal to go around the magnets on IM, I have a game coming that is all worn around that area.

#99 8 years ago

i just PM'd you mr. pinball customs.

4 weeks later
#100 7 years ago

That's a good question.. if anyone with a SMVE can try it out for me, I'll send you a free sticker

Just installed. The color of the sand storm on the VE appears more golden brown than on the 07' Spiderman so the colors look a bit off.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-spiderman-sandman-bank-decal/page/2?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.