TSPP_V2_Install_1_(resized).jpg
TSPP_V2_Install_2_(resized).jpg
Photo_2015-11-18_06-46-50_AM.png
KISS3.jpg
SS2.jpg
BSD3.jpg
BSD2.jpg
2015-09-10_08.04.21.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I've been selling the TSPP Video TV's through the owner's thread since May, but I now have a website for ordering, as well as a new line called Micro Display Mods (MDM's). http://sparkypinball.com/

There are currently 16 designs for modern Stern, WPC, and WPC 95 games, plus the TSPP TV.

Filming video playing on a display is tough to get it to look right, but the video quality in person is very bright and clear. Customers of the TSPP TV and early customers of the MDM's can verify the quality.

The website address is above, but I'm linking a few youtube videos and pics, as well.

Itchy Scratchy Install.jpgItchy Scratchy Install.jpg

CFTBL1.JPGCFTBL1.JPG

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Don't you have one for Iron Man as well? Do you have a YouTube video for that too?

Yes, I have one for Iron Man. The sample video for IM runs about 20 minutes and shows highlights from all three movies, as well as a brief clip from Avengers. I don't have a youtube demo of it.

All video samples are between 15 - 60 minutes, depending on the title, but another good thing about this mod is that the customer can reformat the micro sd card and load their own video! I don't have instructions on the website on how to do that yet, but there's a little more involved than just copying a video file. I'll get those instructions up in the near future.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Well I'm about to buy the one for IM. Thanks! So it has 20 minutes of video? Now I have to figure out a good spot for it, can you recommend a few spots?

Thanks for your order! I don't have an IM, but I looked at one closely at CAEX, and I noticed a handful of spots that might work. I'll take a look at pics and make some suggestions if you like.

Quoted from underlord:

What, no TZ?? Awwww.....

I discontinued the black TV that was similar to TSPP for TZ, but I hope to do an MDM style plastic in the near future.

Quoted from mamemaster:

Damn. You just made me order one for STTNG. Looking forward to it. A very clever idea that isn't too expensive (relatively speaking). Thanks!

I have one in my STTNG, and it looks great! The video I'm playing is about 40 mins, and its highlights from back to back episodes dealing with a rogue group of Borg, Lore, and Data's emotion chip.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Sparkey I'm REALLY interested in this but I have questions, is the screen OLED? What are the dimentions of the unit and how and where does the micro card plug in. I'd like to start off with a Mustang unit but I would like to know how to put my video on a card. My buddy road races his 70 Mach 1 and he has ALOT of HD video from inside and outside of him racing and that's what I'd be putting on a card.
Also I have a Avatar LE and would like one for that also. I know there aren't alot of them out there but the movie has soooo many GREAT scenes in it, so it would be great if you could do one for Avatar.
I'm saving this topic. Thanks

Yes it's OLED. The MDM's viewing area is 27mm x27mm (a little over 1" square, 1 1/2" diagonal). It will play 16:9, but it will have black space at the top and bottom. There are possibly some editing and converting ways around that, sometimes. Depends on the video. Some of my samples have the black at the top and bottom, and it looks fine. Full screen looks better, though.

Send me an email, and we can discuss the video steps before I get them on the site. [email protected]
Your video should be fine, but there are some things you will need to do, and as I said, I'll get those instructions up in the near future.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Thanks man, yea Id love some suggestions

Would you be able to send a hi res pic of IM from mid-field and back to my email? I'm not getting a good look from the pics on the Internet. Email is [email protected].

While at league last night, we found two really good spots for Stern ST premium/LE. They would probably be good spots for the Pro, too.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Isn't seeing the flipper there....kinda important?

I tried that spot at league the other night on the host's game, and I thought it not only blocked the flipper, but also was a risk for airballs.

The two spots we all liked best were on the upper right ramp behind the asteroid and off-set to the left (over the pop bumpers). The other spot was somewhere by the left VUK, but I don't know if the screw we were looking at is in the same spot on the pro. We didn't take pics

I'm glad Pincrazy is enjoying it, though!

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Nappis:

Nice looking mod. Any ac/dc display coming?

Thanks!

Yes, possibly AC/DC and other in the future. I had a handful of other designs I tabled for future release. I wasn't completely satisfied with the screen-printed artwork on a few that I held off doing, so possibly in the future we'll see many more titles.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

Just ordered one for Iron Man. I'd love to see some photos of one posted on IM if anyone has any available. Even a 15-20 second video of it'd be even better. Can't seem to find it on YouTube. Thanks in advance.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sparky, any way of getting a 2 1/2 diag. 16x9 OLED screen?

PM's sent.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

We need some pics of it installed in an Iron Man. It does look cool alone. I would just like to see it from the players perspective. Thanks

I just started shipping the MDM versions yesterday, so there are a handful of IM customers who should be getting them in the next day or two. Hopefully they'll send pics

Even pics of holding it in different spots without installing or running the harness might be helpful, or attaching to a screw or nut just for the pic would be good.

I know you're not in the Netherlands, but I sent a TSPP package there for $13 First Class International. The calculator on the site should be more accurate.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Hello, would like to order a generic one to program myself. Is this pretty difficult to do?

Do you mean a generic plastic with a blank micro sd card, or no plastic with just the display?

Customers creating their own vids is the ultimate goal. I just don't have them on the website yet. They will be up in the very future.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Someone metioned they had one in their TAF, I don't see that game on the site. Is that going to be made?
Thanks, they look awesome!
Tom

Back in May when I introduced TSPP Video TV at PAGG, I also had a black and silver tv for TZ. In addition to the customers who bought it for TZ, I had two customers use the black tv for TAF, and two people used it for WPT. I stopped making the black tv's because there wasn't enough interest, and there's too much labor to put them together on my end.

I hope to add TAF and TZ as MDM designs in the future, but the artwork won't be related to a TV.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Cool mod. Looking forward to seeing some more pics and vids of the IM version before pulling the trigger

Be aware that pics and videos to see how and where it's installed is fine, but it's horrible in dertermining the quality of the picture on the display and artwork on the plastics. It's amazing how different the display looks in person compared to how it shows up on camera. I can't stress this enough, and I hope customers will vouch for this pic/video difference after installing.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Ordered 3 yesterday, Met, ST and Mustang. My buddy has a '70 Mustang roadrace car and has tons of HD footage inside the car and shots from the infield of his and many other Mustangs. He's going to put together about an hour of his best stuff to display on the screen.
Question, how big of a card (GB) do you need for 1 hour?

It only supports a 2gb card, which I provide. I got 1 hour of Avengers and Tron on each of those cards, but the original file was saved on Windows Live Movie Maker as the Small Phone default (320x240, Bit Rate 1.60 Mbps). I also delete the sound in case that takes up file space. The small phone default was the best choice from my trial and error regarding clearest picture without a lot of artifacts (pixel blotches). It also saves at a low bit rate, so the file size isn't very big, and more video will fit within the 2gb limit (it's actually around 1.82 gb).

I think the pixel count of the display is actually 128 x 128

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really hope he make the tz again I really would like one .you have any pictures or video of yours ? Id like to check it out

I posted this pic and video in the TZ owners' thread and displayed the TV in my game at PAGG. The guys who bought it seem to like it, but I had a difficult time selling them. At the same time, TSPP was selling like crazy, and I had wait lists two different times! Since both use the same model, the decision was made to stock up on TSPP, and it's been a steady seller.

A lot of the TZ market already has the slide show TV, so I don't think guys would buy both. Having a slide show tv AND an MDM with a different design shouldn't be an issue for guys to have both. I was considering the concept below for a future MDM.

Black TV.jpgBlack TV.jpg

TZ Plastic.jpgTZ Plastic.jpg

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Many of our TZs are chock full of mods, which begs the question, "Where to put another mod?" One suggestion is between the shooter lane.

MDM Bezel design? Maybe a broken window graphic like the one on the left shooter lane or maybe something similar to the right inlane graphic.

This is a good spot, too (yellow square). I tried a different MDM there, and it fits perfectly on one of the screws there. It also hides the switch cover.

TZ MDM Sample Location.jpgTZ MDM Sample Location.jpg

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Shit that's cool. How long is the Metallica video? I'll be buying this one soon.

My sample is about 15 minutes for Metallica. I'll have instructions on how to re-format the cards and customers can load their own video in the near future. You can get about 60 minutes, if you want, before it repeats.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Do you have any pictures of this mod on a Spider-Man? How long is the video and what are the clips of?

No pictures of it installed in a game yet, but here are pics of the device on the website:

http://sparkypinball.com/spider-man-mdm

My sample video is about 21 minutes long, and there are scenes from all three movies, including Bonesaw, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, the New Goblin, black suit, saving MJ from Venom and Sandman.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Im interested in the Nascar display. Id also like to know what the video consists of and how long it runs.

My sample for NASCAR is about 15 minutes of mostly race finishes, guys celebrating by burning out, and just a basic compilation of racing coverage. If you're a fan of a specific car/driver/team, you could put together a compilation of your favorite stuff.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I have a BoP and was wondering which MDM you used. The Star Trek MDM looks good.
I still think your quad video is a bit small. Please let us know if you come up with am alternative video of shuttle launches.

There are a bunch of space shuttle launch videos on youtube. The one below is a compilation that's 9 1/2 minutes long that could be edited in with others if you wanted the video to be longer. Some of the portions might need to be edited out because of split screens or leaving the camera on a blue sky with a speck of light (shuttle) for too long, but pretty easy.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I finally installed the MDM in my Bride of Pinbot. ...
I used the Star Trek mdm for mine.

This mod is difficult to get good pictures of. The video looks excellent in person.

Looks great, Cheddar! Goes great with the purple post sleeves.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

For your IM viewing pleasure in case you were on the fence:
» YouTube video

Thanks for the video! How did you avoid the frequency scan lines while filming? Would it be too much to ask you to film some of the scenes that don't take place at night, so IM owners can get a better feel for the video content? Or do the frequency scan lines show up on the brighter scenes?

Quoted from PinRob:

How bout one for JM or JD ?

Honestly, I'm open to doing any titles that might sell, and this includes DE games like TFTC and GnR, or Sys 11 games like ES or WW, There's a certain investment in creating "X" number of plastics, and I'm hoping the initial investment in these first 16 designs was worth the effort and justifies doing more.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

There are 3 of us who want Avatar, if that's not enough to do the face plate and the video how much would you charge for just the set-up without a design on the faceplate and no video on the card. We could do it ourselves.

There's no charge for the video. The video you receive is a sample for testing purposes to make sure the display works.

I've only been selling these for five days, but it's interesting that I have more requests for Avatar than I have sales for LOTR, SM, Transformers, and XM! LOL!

Any suggestions for the Avatar faceplate art?

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

VH-avatar-rowan-atkinson.jpg 20 KB

LOL! That reminded me of Pepper from American Horror Story!

pepper.jpgpepper.jpg

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That could be because no one really makes a mod for Avatar. If you look at my Avatar Club topic you'll see that I've been making my own. Your mod would really fill a "mod void" for Avatar and fill it rather nicely. Coming up with a faceplate design is a tough one though, not much of a "canvas" to work with. There are so many stunning visuals in the movie like the night scene where they are running through the multi colored glowing woods and the flying scenes, you would just have to put an entire 1 hour on the card. The whole movie is just so full of color that it would REALLY show your mod off. I might even buy 2 for the game.

What about a "field" of the floating tree seeds? This is just a quick mock up:

avatar concept.jpgavatar concept.jpg

#92 9 years ago

**Sorry, edited post. I didn't mean to hit send**

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just got my Met, ST and Mustang today. Man that's some FAST shipping. Now just have to find the time to hook them up. Thanks Sparky.

Paul, even if you don't have time to install, at least plug one harness through a coin door and plug in each, one at a time, to see what the video looks like.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

What about a "field" of the floating tree seeds? This is just a quick mock up:

Sorry for the tease on the mock up. The artwork to get that one ready requires more time than I have right now. The one below, however, can be ready very soon:

TreeOfSouls.jpgTreeOfSouls.jpg

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

First, tremendous mod! Absolutely awesome!
Second,any chance you plan to add additional offerings from Stern such as Shrek, Family Guy or Avengers (Hulk LE)?
Thanks!
Marcus

First, thanks! Second, yes, if all goes well with these initial designs.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Sparky,
How about video version for ACDC? I know there is mod to replace dancing band, but it runs almost $400. These are much smaller such that one or even two could be used to show concert footage.
Any chance a bigger sized version could be in the making?

ACDC was planned to be part of the initial release, but it was tabled for "future release" for various reasons. There are a lot of titles I hope to do, and ACDC will probably be sooner than later.

A bigger size display won't work for playing videos on these particular devices. (Long winded explanation following): The current size plays 1/2 speed, so video has to be edited to 2x to play at normal speed. The dropped frames per second are not that noticeable on a screen this size, especially for our purposes. TSPP uses a slightly larger screen, and the video needs to be edited 2.5x to play at normal speed. I tried larger screens (up to 4.3" diagonal), and the frames per second are HORRIBLE. I had to speed the video close to 5x, but then the dropped frames make the video look very jumpy. These are not intended to be used as media players, and that's the reason for the poor frames per second, but for our purposes, the small size works because it plays on power, repeats, and still has a nice picture. To do that, it's relatively inexpensive.

I believe the small size, the universal design for all games, the simplicity of the device (plug n play), and the relatively low cost makes the MDM a good option...but I'm the guy selling them, so what do I know?

#107 9 years ago

If you're a podcast listener, I had an interview with Charlie on the current episode of Spooky Pinball (ep 53):

http://www.spookypinball.com/podcast-2/

Don and Jeff of The Pinball Podcast talk about the MDM's they received/installed on their current episode 37 (Jeff hadn't installed his yet):

http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/

If you've listened, let me know what you think!

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

... I mounted mine just above the right sling plastic inbetween the wire ramp and the shooter lane and angled it upward so the player is looking straight at the screen in a normal heads down playing position. It's the perfect place IMO.

Looks great in that spot, Paul! I thought about moving mine above the Crank It Up scoop, but I may have to consider your spot now! Just to be clear, you added the metal hex spacer to raise it to that height, correct?

Quoted from MustangPaul:

...The only negative is that a 12v splitter should come included and bump the price up a couple of bucks. We all could use an extra splitter.
So GREAT job Sparky and I look forward to hooking up my other 2....but first I have to buy more power splitters

Make sure that splitter includes the 5v pin. The 3-pin plug on the Stern games and WPC Power Taps are ground/5v/12v. Looking at the splitters on mezelmods.com, It appears they are only 12v. That won't work for these. The 5v pin needs to be part of that splitter.

GND 5v 12v Plug.jpgGND 5v 12v Plug.jpg

Also to be clear, splitters are only required if you are already using that plug for other mods. Stern Power Taps or FTS-8 splitters are also an option.

Thanks for the review, Paul! Looking forward to seeing your install pics on Mustang and ST!

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Your mod only uses 2 wires the 5v and the ground correct?

Correct. You need to tap the middle pin position from the plug or splitter, as shown in the pic above. It's ok if the splitter includes the 12v because it won't be connected to anything on the MDM, and you may want to use the split end for another 12v mod. Hope that makes sense.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Sparky, do you have a part number of name for that connector?
Edit: Molex 03-09-2032? Is this it?

The connector on my end is 03-09-2031 (no dog ears tabs), but the splitter or Stern end is 03-09-1032.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

I sure wish you sold the splitters Sparky cuz now I have to spend an extra $7 or whatever on shipping from another company and wait, would have shipped pretty much for free with my order. I don't know when I'll place an order for just 3 splitters. Hey money is money, I try not to spend it if I don't have to. You would be a "one stop shop" then.

Sorry, Paul. I considered splitters at one point, and I will look into adding it as a shopping cart option.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Cant wait to install my STTNG one!

You received it, right? You just haven't had time to install?

I'd like to see pics if you find a location different than where I installed mine.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

Could these be modded to be wired into a system 11 or 80B? It would just be a case of finding a way to power it, right?

Yes, like Paul said. It has to be regulated 5 volt. Sys 11 should be easy because Mike at DK Pinball has power taps available (he lists a few as coming soon). I'm not sure where to tap 80b.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

I'm sure I can find 5v on my Gottlieb. This has some serious potential for turning my Time Line into a custom game.

How much room is there between the glass and the playfield parts on an 80b? Seems like the glass is right on top of everything. Sys11 games and newer have a lot more depth under the glass.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from iDD:

great interview sparky - looking forward to getting the xmen mdm down here in oz - will certainly send some pictures
cheers

Thanks! I've been surprised by the number of Australian customers! Good on ya, mates! (ok that was bad)

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm out. Sorry.

It wasn't a problem, Doug. No worries.

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from packetpusher:

This really is an awesome mod (and it really is a bear to photograph well). Here's mine on Tron Pro. I put mine on the left side about halfway up the ramp return. The right side in my game is already overcrowded with things going on and this micro-display does a good job of balancing things out.

Thanks for posting pics! It's good to see that these will work in so many different areas!

BTW, your game looks great! I'm wishing I had a Tron

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from packetpusher:

Now I'm off to buy a screen for Avatar.

Glad to hear it! I'm shooting to have Avatar ready within a few weeks (maybe sooner).

Quoted from tadowhere:

Just installed mine on MetPro and it's awesome. I installed just above mystery scoop. Prolly the best mod/upgrade next to the PDI glass! Well done Sparky Pinball!

Thanks for the kind words! If you guys are happy, posting in the owner's threads for those titles goes a long way

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Mustang being ordered as we speak... I will need a splitter have you decided to offer them

Yes, they're available as of this morning. There is a separate category on the home page for splitters, or it comes up as a suggested product when you add a Stern title to your cart.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

I've got power taps for all of the Sys11 games and Data East also. I've got to get the web site updated today so the "Early System 11A/B" power tap shows as available.

Good to know!

Mike, do you know if Sega games have the same 5v/12v unused plug as modern Stern? Any plans for a Sega power tap? It would be good to know if I need to make a decision about doing a Sega title in the future.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Twister was the first game to have the modern 5v / 12v power hookup like Stern uses.

Quoted from dkpinball:

That's a qualified "yes". Sega games with the Whitestar board set will use the Stern power tap

Ok, now I see that you have the games listed on your website under the appropriate power tap. I was looking for a separate one named "Sega Power Tap."

Thanks guys!

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

any video available for
Star Trek Micro Display Mod
which scenes will be showed?
how long ?

The sample video for Stern's ST is a little over 20 minutes before it repeats. I don't know the official names for the scenes, but if you're familiar with the film, you might recognize my description

-Natives chasing Kirk (Prime Directive?)
- Spock Volcano jump
- Klingon fight
- Kirk fights Khan after Klingon fight
- Khan takes over Vengeance
- Space Jump
- Vengeance crash into earth
- Spock chases Khan after crash
- McCoy's hope for Kirk

#153 9 years ago

The Iron Man MDM had been sold out the last few days. It is now back in stock and available on the website. ( www.sparkypinball.com )

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's so awesome I'm putting 2 on my Avatar LE.

The Avatar MDM's are now available on the website. Sample video is about 35 minutes long and is a compilation of many scenes from the film.

http://sparkypinball.com/avatar-micro-display-mod

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Sparky rocks!!! Thanks for all the tech support for Tron.

Quoted from iDD:

I second that " sparky rocks" - thanks from oz !

Thanks for posting the pics! Looks great!

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here's Mustang hooked up. The perfect place for it was on the left ramp where Stern conveniently put 4 holes just so Sparkys mod could go there. How did you arrange that with the game designers anyway. Looks great but I really have to put my buddies road racing video on it. And I also put a new clear red apron on. Anyone know where I can get the factory stickers for the apron?

Now I have 2 MDM's on my Mustang.

That looks like the perfect location, Paul!

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

ok, Im going to get a couple...For my STLE im using the power inlet for a led nebula mod. Will the splitter your selling on your site allow for another connection?

If you're connecting the led nebula mod to the unused plug near the coin door on the right side of the cab, the splitters on my site simply split that plug for two connections instead of one. You shouldn't have any problems splitting both. If a customer has multiple mods, an FTS-8 from DK Pinball is suggested rather than continuing to connect splitters to splitters. If there is one particular mod that consumes a lot of power, like a topper, a Stern power tap from DK Pinball is recommended to run that mod on a dedicated line.

I hope that answered your question.

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Id love to see pics when STLE and SM owners have put theirs. I ordered mine today...looking forward to installing.
Gots to love modding!!!

The pic below was shared by an ST customer. Another good spot is behind that same asteroid before the ramp turns, or there's a spot by the left VUK that looked pretty good, and it's a little closer to the player.

MustangPaul has an STLE, too, so as soon as he gets a chance to install, he'll probably post pics.

I haven't had any SM customers share their installation location with me yet, so if you find a good spot when you get it, post some pics!

ST Install.jpgST Install.jpg

#177 9 years ago

I posted this in one of the TWD threads, but I'm afraid it might get lost in the craziness there.

I hope to have an MDM ready when the game is released. I want to wait to see pics of the playfield art before deciding on the plastic artwork, but what would guys be interested in seeing on the display? A compilation of the show, clips of the motion comic, and/or video scrolling of comic (like the links below)? All of it mixed together?

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Anyone else have a problem with this mod shutting down. I had it installed for about an hour and it briefly shut down for 30 seconds then came back on. At first I attributed it to starting the loop again but then it went blank for quite awhile. I then cycled the power and now it only plays for about 15 seconds and shuts down!! This makes me a little nervous so I have it disconnected from the power. Any ideas??? have some friends coming tomorrow and wanted to show this off!

Send me an email and I'll try to help you troubleshoot. It's losing power, either from a bad harness connector, or possibly splitting with other mods? Move the wire harness back and forth slowly to different positions to see if it goes on/off (don't let the connector pull off the pins, though).

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I have six of the MDMs. Two are still unopened, but I've bench tested the other four over 24 hours each without an issue. I wonder if the video file can be corrupt?

I'm 90% sure that if it works, goes "dark," and then comes back on at the beginning of the video when powered back on, it has intermittent power. More than likely, the red wire on the back of the connector is flaky and moving in and out of "connection."

A corrupt file would go to white screen, snow, or do crazy things in the exact same place every time, and it would have done it before I shipped it. Providing 5v off and on wouldn't corrupt the file.

Quoted from Cheddar:

My first attempt at a BoP video wouldn't even start. I can verify that a corrupt video can prevent playback. Mine wouldn't start at all so I am not sure if it would cause the behavior described above.

Cheddar's experience is different because he was creating his own video and loading the micro sd card himself. Once the file is working on the card, it's working on the card. The behavior of MSJ2222's MDM sounds like it has intermittent power or a lack of sufficient power.

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Hey sparky, any ideas on where to mount on TZ? Got the mod and was hoping to install.

Email with pics sent.

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I have emailed you twice and included my phone #. I am convinced its not a power issue. It seems more to be overheating and shutting down. If I unplug it for and let it sit till it cools down completely it runs for about an hour. If it shuts down and I unplug it for a few minutes then plug it back in it only runs for about 10-15 seconds. I believe its defective.

I didn't receive those emails, but I sent an email to the account that was attached to your Paypal payment. Sorry for the delay. I was out of town all day without Internet service. I'll take care of the MDM.

#189 9 years ago

A customer sent me this pic of a great location for ToM!

ToM Install.JPGToM Install.JPG

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

I hate the one I installed on my STTNG......
Because it make me want to add more to my other machines!!
Very clever mod. It looks great and works great! Thanks!!!!

You had me for a second!

Glad you're happy with it!

Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

So where does it mount for STTNG and what does it look like - I want one

There are pics on the website of two different install locations ( www.sparkypinball.com ). The spot I recommended for mamemaster is where I have mine, and I really like it there.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Anywhere you want and it looks great

This should be my marketing reply

#201 9 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Cool Mod! AC/DC please

Unless there's an unforeseen problem with production or shipping, I should be able to introduce seven new titles in the month of September

Care to take some guesses? How quickly before all seven get guessed?

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Any progress on instructions to upload your own videos?

No one has been pressing me to get it done, so it's been low on the priority list. If you want to change out the video, I can email some basic steps that got Cheddar through his space shuttle video for BoP. They might not be as polished as what I hope to put on the website, but I can work you through any troubleshooting if problems come up.

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

CFTBL on the big screen would be cool

No big screens here! It's all about micro!

CFTBL MDM is already available, and one of the best sellers!

Still three to go.

#222 9 years ago

Everything named is a strong possibility in the future, but not one of the remaining three

#227 9 years ago

TAF is already "unofficially" available with the black and silver TV. So is TZ. I won't list those on the website because they are made on a special order basis and a little more expensive.

Looks like you guys need some hints on the final three:

1. ACDC
2. TFTC
3. POTC
4. JP
5. (The ramps are the acronym)
6. (The star died before it came out)
7. (It's not out yet)

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from iDD:

Roller coaster tycoon ?
Was going to say "the crow" but a machine has not been made ........ : (
The walking dead : )

7. (It's not out yet) - TWD

Two to go!

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from iDD:

Edited post sparky - the dark knight for 8 : )

6. (The star died before it came out) - TDK

One to go:

5. (The ramps are the acronym)

#233 9 years ago

...and then there were 7

1. ACDC
2. TFTC
3. POTC
4. JP
5. GnR
6. TDK
7. TWD

Artwork is finished and the plastics are being printed and cut. I'll be working on the video samples this month, and I hope to have them out before the end of September!

#238 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Well this list saved me some $$$

IJ will probably be in the next set of titles.

#242 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

My Iron Man MDM install:
Swapped the screws & nuts w/ brass

I like the brass! Post that in the IM VE owner's thread!

#247 9 years ago

In case anyone is interested, top five sellers since launching the website at the beginning of August:

1. TSPP
2. Metallica
3. CFTBL
4. IM
5. Tron

#249 9 years ago

Bump for anyone looking to get one shipped over the weekend.

CFTBL and Metallica have been hot lately!

#251 9 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Just need to save up some coin and I'll be getting the TSPP one real soon. We just got a nice TSPP on Saturday and this mod was the first one I told my wife about. She thinks it's awesome. Cheers and I hope to give you some money real soon!

Glad to hear! I just need to save up some coin and buy a TSPP!

#253 9 years ago

I discovered from ColorDMD that Stern made changes on Star Trek that is causing issues when the MDM is plugged into the aux plug like other Stern titles. To solve the problem, I'm providing a power tap from DK Pinball just like the WPC titles, but they're a little more expensive. ST MDM's are now $124.

The DE titles I'll be introducing soon will also require a DE power tap, and the price on those will be $124 (JP, GnR, and TFTC).

TWD, ACDC, BDK, and POTC will be the regular $109. However, I might start offering the Stern power taps as an option to purchase separately like the splitters in case some customers want to pull 5v from the board rather than split the aux plug with other mods. It might be a more stable option.

I have rally Porsche racing video I created for a customer for Checkpoint using the checkered flag plastic, as well as space shuttle video for BoP using the ST purple nebulae plastic. Those two should be added to the website soon for anyone interested.

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Sparky did the Checkpoint micro display for me so I thought I'd post some pics. Thanks sparky!

image.jpg 171 KB

image-131.jpg 243 KB

Thanks for posting! Looks like it fits right in! Checkpoint is now added to the website, and I plan to add your pics to the website with your permission. The video sample is rally Porsche racing, and I think some other Porsche promotional stuff? A little bit of dashboard cam, too? I can't remember. Help me out, Mark.

That checkered flag plastic is being listed for I500, NASCAR, Corvette, and Checkpoint. It's not listed for Mustang, but I guess it could be used for that, too.

1 week later
#267 9 years ago
Quoted from drjeff112:

Tonight I just ordered 5 more for TRON, TFLE, ACDC, POTC, and TDK. These are addicting!

Talk about addicting! I edited ^^^^ for you.

#269 9 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Still want one for my JD, JM, and BW.

BW = Baywatch or Barb Wire?

Edit: I see you have Baywatch in your collection. Question answered.

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

The one

The one with Pam Anderson on it.

Hmmm. A Pamela Anderson MDM theme. Anybody know of any interesting Pam Anderson video I could include?

#274 9 years ago

The seven new MDM's are now available on the website.

ACDC 1.JPGACDC 1.JPG Bat 2.JPGBat 2.JPG GnR 1.JPGGnR 1.JPG POTC 2.JPGPOTC 2.JPG JP 1.JPGJP 1.JPG TFTC 1.JPGTFTC 1.JPG TWD 4.JPGTWD 4.JPG

#278 9 years ago

I posted the following in the new thread where I announced the new releases. I wanted to include it here, as well. This is regarding customers loading their own video:

>>I have temporarily put all products out of stock while I work on the instructions. Mezelmods has also placed these as "unavailable" until I finish the instructions. I will try to create an easy to follow youtube tutorial, as well as written instructions.

It really isn't very difficult. It's just a little more involved than just copying a file to a micro sd card.<<

#280 9 years ago

Planned for the next batch of new releases.

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But the only source will still have to be off of utube? Even though it's your own video and have it on disc or tape?

It doesn't have to be from youtube. It just has to be a digital file on your computer.

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from drjeff112:

I really like this mock up of Indiana Jones. This would work well in either the Williams IJ or the Stern IJ4. I now own 7 of Sparkys MDMs. I personally own a Stern IJ4 and if you make this up to look just like above, I know what my 8th purchase is gonna be Sparky !!

I like it, too, except I can't use those words at the top unless most of it is cut off. Something else would have to go there. I like the map idea, or I was thinking of either hieroglyphics or pillars on each side like the Williams translite, with a snake going down one side?

#290 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I guess you at least were able to visual what I was trying to accomplish. These could be really fun to design not for money but for fun and overall feedback from the community. Maybe post 3-4 designs per title and see what the community votes on. I made the mock up ones in a few quick minutes. I think it's evident that TSPP had the best design of these products in my opinion. It's not to say you can't keep using the basic squareish plastic bezels for the rest of them. I just feel pinsiders should help with the input for the design choices.

The tough part is that if I ask 10 different people for suggestions, I get 10 different opinions. If I show 10 different people an idea, and they all like it, there's going to be others who don't. Sometimes I just have to go with my gut and hope I sell enough to cover my costs.

This is just my own experience on my own games, but once the game is turned on, the video becomes the primary focus. The plastics just kind of "blend in." Other users of the MDM might have a different opinion, and although I believe the plastics are important, I think the video you choose to present on the MDM is 95% of what makes this mod kinda cool.

#291 9 years ago

I'm still working on a video tutorial showing customers how to load their own video. I hope to put the product back in stock on the website soon.

However, for those of you attending Expo, Rob Anthony (Borygard) should have some titles on display and in stock at his table: TSPP, ACDC, TWD, GnR, CFTBL, and I made some TZ and TAF black and silver TV's for him, as well. The TZ and TAF are not carried on my website, but there are pics of it a few pages back on this thread.

#292 9 years ago

Ordering from my website is available again.

I have a video tutorial showing customers how to load their own video. I also have written instructions as a web page or downloadable pdf. Links are below.

If you're willing to take the time to look at the video or webpage instructions, let me know how difficult or easy it appears, whether you plan to order an MDM or not.

I realize I don't have the greatest voice for the video tutorial, and I probably could have hired someone on fiverr to do the voice over, but I wanted to get this finished, so it is what it is

http://www.sparkypinball.com/t/videoinstructions

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

The instructions are easy to follow with nice detail and screen captures. Just a couple of small points. The abbreviation for gigabyte is usually in caps GB and the bit rate from Windows Live Movie Maker is 1.60 Mbps which is megabits per second instead of 1.60 megabytes per second in the audio

Dang it! Little things like that bug me, too. The next time I need to go in and fix something, I'll fix those things.

I also noticed on the written instructions/web page I wrote "Ignore screen size restraints" when it should be "constraints."

I didn't mention anything about the TSPP screen size needing to be 160 x 128 instead of the normal MDM size of 128 x 128.

Other than that, so far so good.

#300 9 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Music is fine. Only confusing thing is the comment about playing at 2x or 2.5x. Are you saying the final resulting video we create and replay on the PC needs this or the source video we are starting out with needs this adjusted before using the tools to create a final file for the card?

The video file needs to be edited to play at 2x before you start using Workshop4 and the Graphics Composer. For example, the GnR video below was posted by a customer who already edited it at 2x speed. Someone could take that video and save it as a wmv, and it would be ready to convert using the Workshop4 and the Graphics Composer.

#301 9 years ago

Here's Itchy & Scratchy at 2.5x from the same customer. The display for TSPP is a different size, so changing it to 2x wasn't fast enough (it's mis-titled "double speed").

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

hows about a TV for Addams?

Check with Rob Anthony (Borygard on Pinside). I don't make the black and silver tv anymore, but I made a special order for him that he took to Expo. He might have more of the TAF available.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Got my MDM in Corvette installed. Looks outstanding - well worth it in my opinion!...

Thanks for the video review! (second video link is broken?)

As mentioned in NPO's post, and just to clarify, it actually doesn't matter which device you choose when clicking "Choose a New project." That's just a step to get you to the Tools tab and Graphics Composer. It only matters which device you're choosing if you're using the programming cable and writing code for the device.

Thanks also to NPO for pointing this out. The first time I opened this software was back in February, so I didn't realize the "Green D" is not present when first-time users open it.

I've been worried that the conversion process would be a tech support nightmare, but so far, it's gone very smoothly (knocks on wood).

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

What is the best location on TSPP? By Itchy and Scratchy, sometimes a ball will be launched up if it's above one of the drop targets as it pops up. Could this damage the TV or is there a better location? Pics?

There are pics on the website and tspp owner's thread. On top of the Kruzty spinner or by I&S, but Itchy needs to be moved. I can't paste the tspp owner's site from my phone for some reason.

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Thanks for the info. My Transformers came with video already on it. I guess things have changed.
I have one for my AC/DC but haven't installed it yet. I guess I will have to watch the video and figure how to install it.

Yes, things have changed. Unfortunately, I can't send them out with video installed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

That's fine Mark. Thanks for the PM explaining everything.
When will you have your MDM's available for sale again ? I would like to buy a few more.

I'm working on it. Hopefully by next week.

2 months later
#323 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Any update on this?

I've been working with a couple of customers who have experienced an unpredictable tech problem that we haven't been able to solve. Although it's only happened on a very small percentage of MDM's sent out, I don't feel comfortable putting these back up for sale and crossing my fingers until we figure it out.

However, the TSPP uses a different display, and I haven't had any issues with that product, so I will probably put those back up for sale soon.

1 month later
#328 9 years ago

I've updated the home page to my website with most of the info below.

A few TSPP MDM TV's are in stock and for sale, as that display has not encountered the tech issue the plastic bezel MDM's have experienced. If the TSPP MDM TV sells out within the next few weeks, I should have more available in the middle of March.

Our current theory of power harness noise/interference is being tested with snap choke core by a handful of customers, and the reports have been coming back positive. I have sold a few MDM's recently to customers who have emailed, and they've been trying the snap chokes with success, as well.

Before I put everything back in stock, resupply my inventory, and start making plans for more titles, I want to make sure we have a definitive cause and solution.

If anyone is interested in purchasing now with the understanding that I will refund if you experience the problem, and it can't be solved, please pm or email. I have a limited supply of displays available before I invest in more inventory.

Thank you all for your patience.

2 weeks later
#331 9 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Does anyone sell preloaded video for TSPP or other games? Thanks for the help.

PM sent.

#333 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Mark, how about one for RFM? I have the game now and it would look cool but what would the video be. Earth v the Flying Saucers. But that's in b&w.

I've seen some compilations on youtube of alien vs military scenes from different movies like Independence Day, District 9, and others.

I use to own an SWE1, but I don't know how we would tap into the 5v like we do the other titles. I'm not opposed to doing future titles, but developing new ones are on hold for now.

#335 9 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Clips from "Mars Attacks!" are all but made for such a thing.
» YouTube video

Mars Attacks was the first thing I thought of, but I've never seen the movie, so I wasn't sure.

#340 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

There is 5v available from a connector in the computer case from the power supply. It is the Yellow and black wires running to the clip!! I would be in for one, after my T2 and IJ!!!!

Is the connector the same 3-hole plug that we use on Stern and the power taps?

3-Pin Connector.jpg3-Pin Connector.jpg

#349 9 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Awesome mod Sparky. Thanks for the hard work on these. Installed on my I500 and TSPP this weekend.

Thanks for posting the pics! I'd like to add your I500 pics to my website.

Quoted from Borygard:

Careful, that's backwards. Red/black is 5V, yellow/black is 12V

Thanks for catching that, Rob!

1 week later
#353 9 years ago

The TSPP TV's I had sold out last week, but I have a bunch more ready to go and back in stock. Again, these are available both on my website www.sparkypinball.com and www.mezelmods.com

Any other MDM's are listed out of stock, but they are available if you pm or email me.

TSPP TV Installed.jpgTSPP TV Installed.jpg

2 weeks later
#358 9 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Just installed in my LOTR. Awesome Mod.

Quoted from ronlisa:

I thought I would share pics of my MDM,s in my Star Trek LE, AC/DC Premium ,Transformers LE and Walking Dead LE.

Thanks for the pics, guys! They look great!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's why I put 2 of them on my Avatar LE. The vid is offset by half the duration of the vid so they don't show the same vid at the same time. People freak when they see them.

Everyone should put two in their games! No, but seriously, I've always thought both the IM and AV would be cool in Avengers.

#363 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Just got a TSPP and this looks like an awesome mod.
Only thing holding me back from buying it is..... getting the video?
I looked at the instructions and it looks fairly convoluted- and also using a bunch of Windows apps to do it. I'm using a mac.
I understand the guys selling the mod may not be able to provide the video file as well, but is there anyone that's already successfully created this special video file that would be willing to share it with me?

PM sent

Quoted from FlipMo:I am ready to buy but have the same concern as I am a non-techie and sent Sparky an email earlier through his website asking about where I can source the video file.

Emails exchanged

2 weeks later
#367 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I just installed one in my LOTR, too. Great mod!
Thanks, Sparky! Feel free to use the photo on your website, too.
Micro_Display_Mod_LOTR.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Glad you're happy with it! And thanks for the heads up about the updated software and my instructions. I've updated the step-by-step on the website and put up a new video with the added changes. Should be super easy now!

super easy.jpgsuper easy.jpg

#370 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Looks great on my TSPP.... though I chickened-out and mounted it over the spinner...
Im now thinking Id rather place it next to the I&S hole, but not sure on the modifications needed to get it there...

I don't own a TSPP (top of my wishlist), but I'm pretty sure you have to move Itchy (mouse). There are some pics on the previous page of this thread posted by robey99. I can't find the pics in this thread or the TSPP owner's thread, but another customer used double-stick tape to move Itchy on top of the tv, hovering over Scratchy. The pics below were posted in the owner's thread by eastthunderhead. Looks like he moved Itchy and turned him around, and also removed the axe from his hand.

TSPP I&amp;S Install 1.jpgTSPP I&amp;S Install 1.jpg

TSPP I&amp;S Install 2.jpgTSPP I&amp;S Install 2.jpg

2 weeks later
#371 8 years ago

I'm bringing my METLE to Pin a Go Go this weekend, and I have six different titles installed for demo purposes. The game will be set up for all to play, and it's for sale, as well ($7600).

Ordering info for the MDM's will be posted on the game, as well as a free shipping promo code, but I'm not bringing inventory to the show. Rob Anthony will have a handful of other titles available at the show, but I'm not sure about his pricing (ACDC, TWD, CFTBL, GnR, TSPP, and some special black and silver TV's I stopped making for TZ and TAF).

Check out the pics of the six MDM's installed on the METLE. It kinda shows how these can be installed in different areas.

MET Demo2.JPGMET Demo2.JPG
MET Demo1.JPGMET Demo1.JPG
MET Demo3.JPGMET Demo3.JPG
MET Demo4.JPGMET Demo4.JPG
MET Demo5.JPGMET Demo5.JPG

#373 8 years ago

MB is on the "to do" list. As you can see from the above pics, it's pretty easy to find a good spot.

1 month later
#375 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Plans for Kiss?

Yes, and I think the artwork for the MDM matches the game perfectly! There's a ton of great compilation video on youtube, as well.

KISS will be the first MDM on the SPIKE system, so it will require a different connector. It shouldn't be a big deal, but I'll need to test it first.

I'm on vacation out of the country until next week, but when I return, I have plans for around 10 more titles.

#377 8 years ago

I'm back from vacation, and all the products are back in stock on my website http://sparkypinball.com/

They are also available at http://mezelmods.com/collections/micro-display-mods

KISS and about 15 other titles are planned for sometime this summer!

3 weeks later
#381 8 years ago

Next weekend will be the one-year anniversary of starting my website and selling the MDM's (although the TSPP TV was being sold a few months earlier at PAGG). I'm thinking about adding a discount code for free shipping during the month of August. Still mulling it over, so stay tuned.

I've also added a market place ad here on Pinside as the rules state that threads with services or goods have to be linked to a marketplace ad. The ad can be found here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-sparky-pinballs-micro-display-mods

TSPP TV continues to be the best seller with close to 150 units sold! MET, Tron, IM, and CFTBL round out the top five.

I hope to include about 10 - 15 more titles in the coming months, including KISS, which I think looks awesome! Charlie at Spooky Pinball is setting up the artwork for the new titles, but he is understandably a little busy right now, so I'm not sure when they will be ready.

In other news, I've set up a pinball/gameroom related FB page and Instagram account. You should be able to find me on FB under Sparky Malmberg and on Instagram under sparkypinball.

Thanks for all the support over the last year!

2 weeks later
#387 8 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Is there anyway to purchase a generic one for machines you havnt currently made these for?
I was looking at ones for a Star Wars de and a williams Indy pinball adventure.

In the very near future, I will have a plastic frame that will work on Williams IJ, as well as Stern IJ, and maybe even RBION (see pic below). I'll also have a starfield intended for TZ, but it might work ok for DESW, too (?) At the same time, I'll be releasing a generic black for guys that want one for a game that hasn't been designed yet. A handful of other designs, too.

Map Final.jpgMap Final.jpg

TZ Final Art.jpgTZ Final Art.jpg

Generic Black.jpgGeneric Black.jpg

2 weeks later
#390 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballTiger225:

Is the video editing possible on a mac?
Anyone already got a file for X-men done they are willing to share?
I ordered and installed before I realized the video wasn't installed. I know I am an idiot. Don't have a windows machine or a way to run windows.
My screen does not do anything currently. I am assuming there is no boot up screen and because the drive is blank it displays nothing. Any way to do a quick test?

I will send you a pm shortly. I'm walking out the door to head to work.

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballTiger225:

Is the video editing possible on a mac?
Anyone already got a file for X-men done they are willing to share?
I ordered and installed before I realized the video wasn't installed. I know I am an idiot. Don't have a windows machine or a way to run windows.
My screen does not do anything currently. I am assuming there is no boot up screen and because the drive is blank it displays nothing. Any way to do a quick test?

I'm not sure if/how the software works on a Mac, but I sent you a PM.

1 week later
#395 8 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Have you worked out a way to not have the screws/holes on the front of the bezel? Is that a option to get them without the holes so I could mount it myself ie. double sided permanent tape.

All the plastics have the holes. Sorry.

2 months later
#397 8 years ago

Here are just a few of the new titles available on my website and mezelmods. The dripping blood can be used on a few different titles (BSD, SS, MB):

BSD2.jpgBSD2.jpg
BSD3.jpgBSD3.jpg
SS2.jpgSS2.jpg
KISS3.jpgKISS3.jpg

#399 8 years ago

Photo_2015-11-18_06-46-50_AM.pngPhoto_2015-11-18_06-46-50_AM.png

5 months later
#406 8 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

Sparky, is tspp mdm avail? Have a friend that NEEDS it. Lol.

Joe, I replied to your email this morning. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Quoted from bdaley6509:

Guys (and gals), just wanted to give a huge shout out to Sparky. Had an issue with my tspp mdm. He swapped it out for me and provided AWESOME customer service. Earned a customer for life. Buy with confidence! Thanks Mark.

Glad you got it working! Thanks for your support!

By the way, titles on my website have been reduced to Stern titles only because I'm not providing the power taps anymore. You can still get WPC, 95, and DE titles on mezel's site, but if you need a tap, you would need to order that separately from them

I also have bezels for GoT, AFM, ,NGG, and T2/T3, but they are not shown on either website. PM me if you're interested.

TSPP was the biggest seller over the last two years, but "version 1" is sold out. I wasn't going to make any more, but I've been overwhelned with requests for more. I'm working on getting "v.2" to market in the very near future.

#409 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

What changes are coming? Worth upgrading??

I guess that would be up to the individual. Not sure if it would be worth it to the customer to swap the screen into the new version or not.

The changes are that I'm no longer using the TV model I had been gutting, priming, painting, gluing, etc. That was getting too expensive, difficult to find, and the reason I stopped making "version 1."

V.2 is a 3D print, so the design looks a little more like the Simpsons' TV, and it will be printed in two colors rather than painted. I'm waiting for the prototype to arrive, and if I approve it, I can move forward.

#411 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Will you be posting pics of the new version?

Before I start selling it, yes!

Guys on the wait list can make their decision after seeing pics. I have my own TSPP now, so it's easier to take my own pics of V.2 in the game.

2 weeks later
#414 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Oh just show it

Toyotaboy, you know how to twist my arm! These are still a few weeks away from being ready to sell. I have orders on a wait list that need to be fulfilled first, and then they will be available on my site and Mezelmods for $149.

TSPP_V2_Install_2_(resized).jpgTSPP_V2_Install_2_(resized).jpg

TSPP_V2_Install_1_(resized).jpgTSPP_V2_Install_1_(resized).jpg

TSPP_V2_(resized).jpgTSPP_V2_(resized).jpg

#415 7 years ago

The bottom picture with the video has a painted cable box with no detail. This was a prototype. The other two pics are the final product with the cable box printed in purple and some detail added.

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

No love for Rob.

Rob will have some at shows, as well.

6 months later
#419 7 years ago

These are available now at mezelmods. 3D printed by Joe Zenkus. Painted by Modfather. Can be used on any title.

TV mods 1 (resized).pngTV mods 1 (resized).png
TV mods 2 (resized).pngTV mods 2 (resized).png
GB square Install 2 (resized).jpgGB square Install 2 (resized).jpg

Generic TV 2 square (resized).jpgGeneric TV 2 square (resized).jpg

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Damn that would be perfect for my Elvis. So what if I already have the mod and just need the tv, is that possible?

Sorry. Different size display. It won't fit.

1 week later
#424 7 years ago

Bloody options.

Photo_2016-12-10_01-44-08_PM (resized).pngPhoto_2016-12-10_01-44-08_PM (resized).png

5 months later
#426 6 years ago
Quoted from shawngg:

Is Metallica still being made?

I am only selling the TSPP TV, generic wood grain TV, and TSPP Treehouse now. I'm no longer selling the plastic frame MDM's with the smaller display. Sorry.

1 month later
#428 6 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

I'll be in the tspp owners club within the week. I'm going to go ahead and have to ask you to come in this weekend and create some fresh stock.

I'll be home from vacation July 18th. The TSPP TV's should be in stock shortly after that.

9 months later
#430 6 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Cant get my tspp TV to power up...
Ordered another one to troubleshoot with.

I'm sending you an email to the hotmail account that came through Paypal. We can probably troubleshoot it without you getting another one.

1 year later
#432 4 years ago

After a few years of not selling the Micro Display Mods (other than the TV versions), these are back in my Pinside Shop and on Mezelmods with a few changes.

DP MDM2 (resized).jpgDP MDM2 (resized).jpgMDM V2 (resized).jpgMDM V2 (resized).jpg
2 years later
#436 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Is there an updated guide to creating videos? From the existing instructions, Windows Movie Maker is no longer available, and other video encoders no longer support Windows Phone (small) as an output. Is there a new recommended workflow here?

I sent you a private message.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Wanted
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-micro-display-mods-and-tspp-video-tv?tu=sparky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.