TSPP_V2_Install_1_(resized).jpg
TSPP_V2_Install_2_(resized).jpg
Photo_2015-11-18_06-46-50_AM.png
KISS3.jpg
SS2.jpg
BSD3.jpg
BSD2.jpg
2015-09-10_08.04.21.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 9 years ago

Hey Sparkey I'm REALLY interested in this but I have questions, is the screen OLED? What are the dimentions of the unit and how and where does the micro card plug in. I'd like to start off with a Mustang unit but I would like to know how to put my video on a card. My buddy road races his 70 Mach 1 and he has ALOT of HD video from inside and outside of him racing and that's what I'd be putting on a card.

Also I have a Avatar LE and would like one for that also. I know there aren't alot of them out there but the movie has soooo many GREAT scenes in it, so it would be great if you could do one for Avatar.

I'm saving this topic. Thanks

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

MustangPaul, since I'm seeing your post right now... The files are on a MicroSD that slides into the back of the 'monitor'. Easy to get to and take out on the typical 'framed' version.

Thanks. Looks to be a 16x9 aspect ratio, about 2-1/2in diaginal screen.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I don't have instructions on the website on how to do that yet, but there's a little more involved than just copying a video file. I'll get those instructions up in the near future.

My buddies footage was shot on Sony tape based HD so I hope your instructions would explain how to transfer that media.

#23 9 years ago

Sparky, any way of getting a 2 1/2 diag. 16x9 OLED screen?

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from packetpusher:

I'll make that 2 orders for an Avatar version. This mod would be perfect for such a visually impressive movie. Until then - I'm off to order a Tron!

and if you could make the video a 3 D version that would be OVER THE TOP! Just kidding.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Be aware that pics and videos to see how and where it's installed is fine, but it's horrible in dertermining the quality of the picture on the display and artwork on the plastics. It's amazing how different the display looks in person compared to how it shows up on camera. I can't stress this enough, and I hope customers will vouch for this pic/video difference after installing.

People have to remember that it's a 1 1/2in diag. screen with a pixel count of 480x360 so the detail will be OUTSTANDING.

#54 9 years ago

Ordered 3 yesterday, Met, ST and Mustang. My buddy has a '70 Mustang roadrace car and has tons of HD footage inside the car and shots from the infield of his and many other Mustangs. He's going to put together about an hour of his best stuff to display on the screen.

Question, how big of a card (GB) do you need for 1 hour?

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Honestly, I'm open to doing any titles that might sell, and this includes DE games like TFTC and GnR, or Sys 11 games like ES or WW, There's a certain investment in creating "X" number of plastics, and I'm hoping the initial investment in these first 16 designs was worth the effort and justifies doing more.

There are 3 of us who want Avatar, if that's not enough to do the face plate and the video how much would you charge for just the set-up without a design on the faceplate and no video on the card. We could do it ourselves.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

VH-avatar-rowan-atkinson.jpg 20 KB

OH GOD NOOOO! But that is funny.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I've only been selling these for five days, but it's interesting that I have more requests for Avatar than I have sales for LOTR, SM, Transformers, and XM! LOL!

That could be because no one really makes a mod for Avatar. If you look at my Avatar Club topic you'll see that I've been making my own. Your mod would really fill a "mod void" for Avatar and fill it rather nicely. Coming up with a faceplate design is a tough one though, not much of a "canvas" to work with. There are so many stunning visuals in the movie like the night scene where they are running through the multi colored glowing woods and the flying scenes, you would just have to put an entire 1 hour on the card. The whole movie is just so full of color that it would REALLY show your mod off. I might even buy 2 for the game.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

What about a "field" of the floating tree seeds? This is just a quick mock up:

That's a good one.

#96 9 years ago

Just got my Met, ST and Mustang today. Man that's some FAST shipping. Now just have to find the time to hook them up. Thanks Sparky.

IMGA0179.JPGIMGA0179.JPG
#108 9 years ago

OK folks here's my set-up and review. First off I gotta say this is really cool, to see the band playin while your playin really got me goin, never mind that the vid isn't in sync with the game it's fun seein them jam (out of the corner of your eye) while your jammin on the game AND listening to THEM jam on the game audio, it's REALLY a jamfest now.

The video is nice and bright and sharp and the bezel looks right at home on the pf. I mounted mine just above the right sling plastic inbetween the wire ramp and the shooter lane and angled it upward so the player is looking straight at the screen in a normal heads down playing position. It's the perfect place IMO.

This mod is just amazing for it's size and the build quality is excellent and the vid plays almost perfectly, not at 30fps but really very close, I'd say something like 27 but it really doesn't bother me and I'm a vid guy too.

The only negative is that a 12v splitter should come included and bump the price up a couple of bucks. We all could use an extra splitter.

So GREAT job Sparky and I look forward to hooking up my other 2....but first I have to buy more power splitters.

IMGA0180.JPGIMGA0180.JPG IMGA0181.JPGIMGA0181.JPG
#111 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Just to be clear, you added the metal hex spacer to raise it to that height, correct?

Oups...Yes I forgot to state that it's a #6 thread, one of the MANY extras I have from using Pinballbulbs 2 spotlight spotlight kits. I think that is the perfect spot of it, as you plunge the ball you can see it and as you sweep the middle of the field you can see it.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Make sure that splitter includes the 5v pin. The 3-pin plug on the Stern games and WPC Power Taps are ground/5v/12v. Looking at the splitters on mezelmods.com, It appears they are only 12v. That won't work for these. The 5v pin needs to be part of that splitter.

Your mod only uses 2 wires the 5v and the ground correct?

#115 9 years ago

I sure wish you sold the splitters Sparky cuz now I have to spend an extra $7 or whatever on shipping from another company and wait, would have shipped pretty much for free with my order. I don't know when I'll place an order for just 3 splitters. Hey money is money, I try not to spend it if I don't have to. You would be a "one stop shop" then.

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Sorry, Paul. I considered splitters at one point, and I will look into adding it as a shopping cart option.

Thanks, all I ask is that you think about it, I know I would have bought 3.

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

It would just be a case of finding a way to power it, right?

Yes, it's just drawing power from the game. I don't know where you could tap into though.

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Thanks! I've been surprised by the number of Australian customers! Good on ya, mates! (ok that was bad)

Must feel good to be an International seller.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I have the power splitters at http://www.SpeakerLightKits.com in the accessories section for $6 and $5.70 - $6.95 for priority shipping (depending on your location). You will be hard press to find a cheaper price or cheaper or faster shipping on them.

Retracted.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from packetpusher:

The right side in my game is already overcrowded with things going on and this micro-display does a good job of balancing things out.

Same with Mustang, put it on the left ramp cuz the tach mod is on the right ramp.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Mustang being ordered as we speak... I will need a splitter have you decided to offer them

Yeah Jim he will have them but not sure when.

#143 9 years ago

Way to go Sparky, one stop shopping.

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

This looks awesome

It's so awesome I'm putting 2 on my Avatar LE.

#157 9 years ago

Most excellent Jeff. Where did ya get the coffin and skeleton at ? I like it.

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The Avatar MDM's are now available on the website. Sample video is about 35 minutes long and is a compilation of many scenes from the film.
http://sparkypinball.com/avatar-micro-display-mod

I've got 2 coming for my LE so I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

#165 9 years ago

Here's Mustang hooked up. The perfect place for it was on the left ramp where Stern conveniently put 4 holes just so Sparkys mod could go there. How did you arrange that with the game designers anyway. Looks great but I really have to put my buddies road racing video on it. And I also put a new clear red apron on. Anyone know where I can get the factory stickers for the apron?

IMGA0193.JPGIMGA0193.JPG

IMGA0195.JPGIMGA0195.JPG
IMGA0198.JPGIMGA0198.JPG
IMGA0199.JPGIMGA0199.JPG
IMGA0197.JPGIMGA0197.JPG

Now I have 2 MDM's on my Mustang.

IMGA0201.JPGIMGA0201.JPG
IMGA0200.JPGIMGA0200.JPG

#167 9 years ago

It is and it helps to balance out the tach that's on the other side of the pf. Another happy customer Mark. Now one for EATPM or T3 please.

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Looks nice Paul. Have you considered loading some dash cam vids from Russia? They are entertaining and difficult to avoid staring at.

Thanks, my buddy has a '70 Mach 1 that he road races so he's going to put together his HD stuff, around the pits and inside his car and from the spectator views. I wish the game could play the sounds of the car when he's on the track. 7500rpm sounds soooooo sweet at 160mph.

1074816_208160445974716_1849089122_o.jpg1074816_208160445974716_1849089122_o.jpg
IMGA0104.JPGIMGA0104.JPG
IMGA0114.JPGIMGA0114.JPG
IMGA0120.JPGIMGA0120.JPG
IMGA0144.JPGIMGA0144.JPG

That's me stand by his car.

IMGA0182.JPGIMGA0182.JPG

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

MustangPaul has an STLE

I WISH it was an LE....it's a Pro.

#188 9 years ago

OK folks I just mounted 2 on my Avatar LE and do they look GREAT. They are bright and clear and the colors look fantastic. Both MDM show the same video but Sparky started one 20 minutes ahead of the other, that way they don't show the same vid at the same time. Thanks Sparky, your product really adds a level of excitement and class to my game(s).

IMGA0205.JPGIMGA0205.JPG
IMGA0206.JPGIMGA0206.JPG

This picture shows a little extension I made to get it away from the flasher because the top of the screen is tilted backward so the player can see it more directly.

IMGA0208.JPGIMGA0208.JPG
IMGA0209.JPGIMGA0209.JPG
IMGA0210.JPGIMGA0210.JPG
IMGA0211.JPGIMGA0211.JPG
IMGA0212.JPGIMGA0212.JPG
IMGA0213.JPGIMGA0213.JPG
IMGA0214.JPGIMGA0214.JPG
IMGA0215.JPGIMGA0215.JPG
IMGA0216.JPGIMGA0216.JPG

#190 9 years ago

Seems like the best place for these is by or over ramps.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#193 9 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Haha! I agree with this guy! My wallet can't handle it.

This is cheap compared to the full set of candy red armor and legs I just bought for Mustang. But it is sooooo cool and a must have for your game.

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

So where does it mount for STTNG and what does it look like - I want one

Anywhere you want and it looks great

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

This should be my marketing reply

Well it's the truth. I loooove mine.

#214 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

more movie pins please! I'm not really into mods per say but these are pretty dope! Not sure if they exist already but some of my movie pins can use these!
Data East - Jurassic Park
Williams - Indiana Jones
Stern - POTC

Yup those are 3 good ones.......so is T3. But you'd sell more with those 3.

#219 9 years ago

I don't know about Baywatch.....the ball could drain alot because you'd be watching all the bikini babes running around.

#225 9 years ago

Cool a road race Mustang. Did you see my SHIFT plastic light up post?

#237 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Well this list saved me some $$$

He might make it 8 if you ask him for one you want. Couldn't hurt to ask, Sparky is a good guy.

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

My Iron Man MDM install:
Swapped the screws & nuts w/ brass ,

I mounted the MDM on the spotlight post on the bottom of the right ramp.

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics. Cool mod, thanks Sparky..

image-339.jpg 117 KB

image-272.jpg 155 KB

image-639.jpg 204 KB

Looks much better. Did ya need any help installing your mod of a mod.

1 week later
#254 9 years ago

I finally got my Star Trek MDM hooked up, sure does look great. I made a little bracket and used 2 of Sparky mounts so it's rock solid. Put it over the right ramp just before where the ball drops onto the pf attaching it to the ramp hex support. I also bent it back so the player has a direct line of sight on the screen. I LOVE it, thanks Sparky.

IMGA0243.JPGIMGA0243.JPG
IMGA0244.JPGIMGA0244.JPG
IMGA0245.JPGIMGA0245.JPG
IMGA0252.JPGIMGA0252.JPG

1 week later
#265 9 years ago
Quoted from drjeff112:

I love these MDM mods. They are very high quality build and look great in my machines. Super easy to install and a nice mod being sold at a decent price. Sparky is a great guy to deal with too. I had a bad power harness and he sent me a new one right away and I am back in action! I have these in my IM and Avengers LE. Tonight I just ordered 2 more for TRON and TFLE. These are addicting! So cool to see video that enhances the machine and adds to the theme. Im in for AC/DC when you have it up! I may also be in for IJ and POTC. You are gonna drain my pockets dry Sparky ! Keep it up thou

I hear ya, I liked my STPro, Mustang Pro and Refinery Met Pro MDM's so much that I got 2 for my Avatar LE and Sparky even edited the video so they don't start at the same time. Sparky RULES!!

#272 9 years ago

Oh man Sparky if you do what I'm thinkin your gonna do EVERYONE'S game play is gonna go down the tubes cuz of your MDM.

#281 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I posted the following in the new thread where I announced the new releases. I wanted to include it here, as well. This is regarding customers loading their own video:
>>I have temporarily put all products out of stock while I work on the instructions. Mezelmods has also placed these as "unavailable" until I finish the instructions. I will try to create an easy to follow youtube tutorial, as well as written instructions.
It really isn't very difficult. It's just a little more involved than just copying a file to a micro sd card.<<

But the only source will still have to be off of utube? Even though it's your own video and have it on disc or tape?

#284 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It doesn't have to be from youtube. It just has to be a digital file on your computer.

That's good news.

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Loaded TFTC tonight. Pretty badass!!

image.jpg 265 KB

image-210.jpg 265 KB

Looks great.

1 week later
#297 9 years ago

Welcome back, I just watched the vid and it was real fuzzy and couldn't really read much and there really is no need for the music, people are interested in only what your saying, the music just gets in the way. It won't be boring without the music, the interest is in the content. Also you suggested fades in the video, I think all cuts would work much better because the fades don't work very well, the screen usually goes half black then jumps to another scene. That's my 2 cents.

4 months later
#329 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I've updated the home page to my website with most of the info below.
A few TSPP MDM TV's are in stock and for sale, as that display has not encountered the tech issue the plastic bezel MDM's have experienced. If the TSPP MDM TV sells out within the next few weeks, I should have more available in the middle of March.
Our current theory of power harness noise/interference is being tested with snap choke core by a handful of customers, and the reports have been coming back positive. I have sold a few MDM's recently to customers who have emailed, and they've been trying the snap chokes with success, as well.
Before I put everything back in stock, resupply my inventory, and start making plans for more titles, I want to make sure we have a definitive cause and solution.
If anyone is interested in purchasing now with the understanding that I will refund if you experience the problem, and it can't be solved, please pm or email. I have a limited supply of displays available before I invest in more inventory.
Thank you all for your patience.

Sounds like good news Mark.

2 weeks later
#332 9 years ago

Hey Mark, how about one for RFM? I have the game now and it would look cool but what would the video be. Earth v the Flying Saucers. But that's in b&w.

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I've seen some compilations on youtube of alien vs military scenes from different movies like Independence Day, District 9, and others.
I use to own an SWE1, but I don't know how we would tap into the 5v like we do the other titles. I'm not opposed to doing future titles, but developing new ones are on hold for now.

OK Mark, thanks for considering it.

#338 9 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Clips from "Mars Attacks!" are all but made for such a thing.
» YouTube video

I completly forgot about that movie.

#344 9 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

MustangPaul: You could always take the 5v from the unused floppy power connector in the PC. I used the 12v line (12v=yellow wire 5v=red wire) for some color changing LEDs.

Thanks FGO, I'm gonna use that 5v line for the vid amp.

#347 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Careful, that's backwards. Red/black is 5V, yellow/black is 12V.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

That's why ya always check with a MM when your messin with this stuff. Thanks.

#350 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Careful, that's backwards. Red/black is 5V, yellow/black is 12V.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

Now for a very important question, how much of a load can the 5v and 12v from that connector handle?

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

From that connector in a P2K computer case? It would depend on the power supply in there, but probably more than you would ever load it.
If anyone wants to see these in person, and going to one of the shows I'll be at this year, stop by my booth and check them out. Mark does a really great job with these! At Expo, I had many kids just come in and plop themselves in front of them for very long periods of time. It was really funny and became a running joke. They're mesmerizing!!
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

Thanks Rob. Yeah Marks MDM's are cool, I have 2 on Avatar LE and one each on ST Pro, MET Pro and Mustang Pro.

4 weeks later
#357 9 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

These Micro Displays really add to the appearance of a game.

That's why I put 2 of them on my Avatar LE. The vid is offset by half the duration of the vid so they don't show the same vid at the same time. People freak when they see them.

2 months later
#376 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I'm on vacation out of the country until next week, but when I return, I have plans for around 10 more titles.

Nice to know your wanted isn't it.

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I had some friends over Friday and they kept commenting on the little movie screen in my pins. Thanks Sparky

Yeah I had new pin friends over Sat. and they loved then too. It's a real eye catcher mod....especially with Avatar LE with 2 on it.

2 months later
#393 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Scratch 1 Creep! I just installed the Police Light MDM in my Judge Dredd. I'm running a loop of Judge Dredd Super Fiend.
2015-09-10 08.04.02.jpg 2015-09-10 08.04.21.jpg
This is one of his new designs that are coming soon.

Me like.

7 months later
#408 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Joe, I replied to your email this morning. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Glad you got it working! Thanks for your support!
By the way, titles on my website have been reduced to Stern titles only because I'm not providing the power taps anymore. You can still get WPC, 95, and DE titles on mezel's site, but if you need a tap, you would need to order that separately from them
I also have bezels for GoT, AFM, ,NGG, and T2/T3, but they are not shown on either website. PM me if you're interested.
TSPP was the biggest seller over the last two years, but "version 1" is sold out. I wasn't going to make any more, but I've been overwhelned with requests for more. I'm working on getting "v.2" to market in the very near future.

I'd like to see one for GB....but I have no way of putting vid in it.

7 months later
#423 7 years ago

Lookin good Sparky, I have 2 on my Avatar LE and people just love them.

3 years later
#433 4 years ago

Hey Sparky all my original ones are still going strong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,600 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-micro-display-mods-and-tspp-video-tv?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.