TSPP_V2_Install_1_(resized).jpg
TSPP_V2_Install_2_(resized).jpg
Photo_2015-11-18_06-46-50_AM.png
KISS3.jpg
SS2.jpg
BSD3.jpg
BSD2.jpg
2015-09-10_08.04.21.jpg
There are 437 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 9 years ago

From that connector in a P2K computer case? It would depend on the power supply in there, but probably more than you would ever load it.

If anyone wants to see these in person, and going to one of the shows I'll be at this year, stop by my booth and check them out. Mark does a really great job with these! At Expo, I had many kids just come in and plop themselves in front of them for very long periods of time. It was really funny and became a running joke. They're mesmerizing!!

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

From that connector in a P2K computer case? It would depend on the power supply in there, but probably more than you would ever load it.
If anyone wants to see these in person, and going to one of the shows I'll be at this year, stop by my booth and check them out. Mark does a really great job with these! At Expo, I had many kids just come in and plop themselves in front of them for very long periods of time. It was really funny and became a running joke. They're mesmerizing!!
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

Thanks Rob. Yeah Marks MDM's are cool, I have 2 on Avatar LE and one each on ST Pro, MET Pro and Mustang Pro.

1 week later
#353 9 years ago

The TSPP TV's I had sold out last week, but I have a bunch more ready to go and back in stock. Again, these are available both on my website www.sparkypinball.com and www.mezelmods.com

Any other MDM's are listed out of stock, but they are available if you pm or email me.

TSPP TV Installed.jpgTSPP TV Installed.jpg

#354 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Mark is the best. Great product and great customer service.

Yes he really goes the extra mile. Great guy.

1 week later
#355 9 years ago

Just installed in my LOTR. Awesome Mod.
IMG_0635.JPGIMG_0635.JPGIMG_0636.JPGIMG_0636.JPG

1 week later
#356 9 years ago

I thought I would share pics of my MDM,s in my Star Trek LE, AC/DC Premium ,Transformers LE and Walking Dead LE. I also have one for Metalica but have not installed it yet.

These Micro Displays really add to the appearance of a game. Mark makes great products. Buy with confidence.

DSC04342.jpgDSC04342.jpg DSC04347.jpgDSC04347.jpg DSC04349.jpgDSC04349.jpg DSC04358.jpgDSC04358.jpg
#357 9 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

These Micro Displays really add to the appearance of a game.

That's why I put 2 of them on my Avatar LE. The vid is offset by half the duration of the vid so they don't show the same vid at the same time. People freak when they see them.

#358 9 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Quoted from ronlisa:

I thought I would share pics of my MDM,s in my Star Trek LE, AC/DC Premium ,Transformers LE and Walking Dead LE.

Thanks for the pics, guys! They look great!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's why I put 2 of them on my Avatar LE. The vid is offset by half the duration of the vid so they don't show the same vid at the same time. People freak when they see them.

Everyone should put two in their games! No, but seriously, I've always thought both the IM and AV would be cool in Avengers.

#359 9 years ago

Fast forward to Avengers 2 on video and either I need another card with both movies or two MDMs with each movie showing.

#360 9 years ago

Just got a TSPP and this looks like an awesome mod.

Only thing holding me back from buying it is..... getting the video?

I looked at the instructions and it looks fairly convoluted- and also using a bunch of Windows apps to do it. I'm using a mac.

I understand the guys selling the mod may not be able to provide the video file as well, but is there anyone that's already successfully created this special video file that would be willing to share it with me?

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I looked at the instructions and it looks fairly convoluted- and also using a bunch of Windows apps to do it. I'm using a mac.
I understand the guys selling the mod may not be able to provide the video file as well, but is there anyone that's already successfully created this special video file that would be willing to share it with me?

The TSPP one is excellent! The TV cabinet fits right in with the decor of the machine. As for the video, PM Sparky and he will help you out with it!

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I am ready to buy but have the same concern as I am a non-techie and sent Sparky an email earlier through his website asking about where I can source the video file.

#363 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

PM sent

Quoted from FlipMo:I am ready to buy but have the same concern as I am a non-techie and sent Sparky an email earlier through his website asking about where I can source the video file.

Emails exchanged

#364 9 years ago

Mark is very responsive, helpful and easy to deal with. I made the purchase and I am looking forward to receiving my mod and installing it on my TSPP.

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

PM sent

Emails exchanged

And order placed!

Thanks!

1 week later
#366 8 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

IMG_0635.JPGIMG_0636.JPG

I just installed one in my LOTR, too. Great mod!

Thanks, Sparky! Feel free to use the photo on your website, too.

Micro_Display_Mod_LOTR.JPGMicro_Display_Mod_LOTR.JPG

#367 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I just installed one in my LOTR, too. Great mod!
Thanks, Sparky! Feel free to use the photo on your website, too.
Micro_Display_Mod_LOTR.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Glad you're happy with it! And thanks for the heads up about the updated software and my instructions. I've updated the step-by-step on the website and put up a new video with the added changes. Should be super easy now!

super easy.jpgsuper easy.jpg

#368 8 years ago

You're welcome. Glad to help!

#369 8 years ago

Looks great on my TSPP.... though I chickened-out and mounted it over the spinner...

Im now thinking Id rather place it next to the I&S hole, but not sure on the modifications needed to get it there...

#370 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Looks great on my TSPP.... though I chickened-out and mounted it over the spinner...
Im now thinking Id rather place it next to the I&S hole, but not sure on the modifications needed to get it there...

I don't own a TSPP (top of my wishlist), but I'm pretty sure you have to move Itchy (mouse). There are some pics on the previous page of this thread posted by robey99. I can't find the pics in this thread or the TSPP owner's thread, but another customer used double-stick tape to move Itchy on top of the tv, hovering over Scratchy. The pics below were posted in the owner's thread by eastthunderhead. Looks like he moved Itchy and turned him around, and also removed the axe from his hand.

TSPP I&S Install 1.jpgTSPP I&S Install 1.jpg

TSPP I&S Install 2.jpgTSPP I&S Install 2.jpg

2 weeks later
#371 8 years ago

I'm bringing my METLE to Pin a Go Go this weekend, and I have six different titles installed for demo purposes. The game will be set up for all to play, and it's for sale, as well ($7600).

Ordering info for the MDM's will be posted on the game, as well as a free shipping promo code, but I'm not bringing inventory to the show. Rob Anthony will have a handful of other titles available at the show, but I'm not sure about his pricing (ACDC, TWD, CFTBL, GnR, TSPP, and some special black and silver TV's I stopped making for TZ and TAF).

Check out the pics of the six MDM's installed on the METLE. It kinda shows how these can be installed in different areas.

MET Demo2.JPGMET Demo2.JPG
MET Demo1.JPGMET Demo1.JPG
MET Demo3.JPGMET Demo3.JPG
MET Demo4.JPGMET Demo4.JPG
MET Demo5.JPGMET Demo5.JPG

#372 8 years ago

So, love this on my TSPP (of course), but I'm surprised there's no Monster Bash version?

I would think there's some great classic clips that would make this very cool... Maybe no good spot to mount it? Seems like a great fit thematically...??

#373 8 years ago

MB is on the "to do" list. As you can see from the above pics, it's pretty easy to find a good spot.

1 month later
#374 8 years ago

Plans for Kiss?

#375 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Plans for Kiss?

Yes, and I think the artwork for the MDM matches the game perfectly! There's a ton of great compilation video on youtube, as well.

KISS will be the first MDM on the SPIKE system, so it will require a different connector. It shouldn't be a big deal, but I'll need to test it first.

I'm on vacation out of the country until next week, but when I return, I have plans for around 10 more titles.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#376 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I'm on vacation out of the country until next week, but when I return, I have plans for around 10 more titles.

Nice to know your wanted isn't it.

#377 8 years ago

I'm back from vacation, and all the products are back in stock on my website http://sparkypinball.com/

They are also available at http://mezelmods.com/collections/micro-display-mods

KISS and about 15 other titles are planned for sometime this summer!

#378 8 years ago

I had some friends over Friday and they kept commenting on the little movie screen in my pins. Thanks Sparky

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I had some friends over Friday and they kept commenting on the little movie screen in my pins. Thanks Sparky

Yeah I had new pin friends over Sat. and they loved then too. It's a real eye catcher mod....especially with Avatar LE with 2 on it.

3 weeks later
#381 8 years ago

Next weekend will be the one-year anniversary of starting my website and selling the MDM's (although the TSPP TV was being sold a few months earlier at PAGG). I'm thinking about adding a discount code for free shipping during the month of August. Still mulling it over, so stay tuned.

I've also added a market place ad here on Pinside as the rules state that threads with services or goods have to be linked to a marketplace ad. The ad can be found here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-sparky-pinballs-micro-display-mods

TSPP TV continues to be the best seller with close to 150 units sold! MET, Tron, IM, and CFTBL round out the top five.

I hope to include about 10 - 15 more titles in the coming months, including KISS, which I think looks awesome! Charlie at Spooky Pinball is setting up the artwork for the new titles, but he is understandably a little busy right now, so I'm not sure when they will be ready.

In other news, I've set up a pinball/gameroom related FB page and Instagram account. You should be able to find me on FB under Sparky Malmberg and on Instagram under sparkypinball.

Thanks for all the support over the last year!

#382 8 years ago

I'm awaiting a nice TSPP in a trade deal, but I'm in for the TSPP MDM if you go with the discount!

1 week later
#383 8 years ago

Just ordered one for my Tron. Can't wait!

1 week later
#385 8 years ago

Is there anyway to purchase a generic one for machines you havnt currently made these for?

I was looking at ones for a star wars de and a williams Indy pinball adventure.

#386 8 years ago

Data East Batman? Man, that would look cool! Clips from the 1989 movie...Batwing flying through the city, balloons, Batmobile driving through the countryside.....Joker clips....Prince video!

#387 8 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Is there anyway to purchase a generic one for machines you havnt currently made these for?
I was looking at ones for a Star Wars de and a williams Indy pinball adventure.

In the very near future, I will have a plastic frame that will work on Williams IJ, as well as Stern IJ, and maybe even RBION (see pic below). I'll also have a starfield intended for TZ, but it might work ok for DESW, too (?) At the same time, I'll be releasing a generic black for guys that want one for a game that hasn't been designed yet. A handful of other designs, too.

Map Final.jpgMap Final.jpg

TZ Final Art.jpgTZ Final Art.jpg

Generic Black.jpgGeneric Black.jpg

#388 8 years ago

The tz one would probably look good on a desw!

2 weeks later
#389 8 years ago

Is the video editing possible on a mac?

Anyone already got a file for X-men done they are willing to share?

I ordered and installed before I realized the video wasn't installed. I know I am an idiot. Don't have a windows machine or a way to run windows.

My screen does not do anything currently. I am assuming there is no boot up screen and because the drive is blank it displays nothing. Any way to do a quick test?

#390 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballTiger225:

I ordered and installed before I realized the video wasn't installed. I know I am an idiot. Don't have a windows machine or a way to run windows.
My screen does not do anything currently. I am assuming there is no boot up screen and because the drive is blank it displays nothing. Any way to do a quick test?

I will send you a pm shortly. I'm walking out the door to head to work.

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballTiger225:

I'm not sure if/how the software works on a Mac, but I sent you a PM.

1 week later
#392 8 years ago

Scratch 1 Creep! I just installed the Police Light MDM in my Judge Dredd. I'm running a loop of Judge Dredd Super Fiend.
2015-09-10 08.04.02.jpg2015-09-10 08.04.02.jpg2015-09-10 08.04.21.jpg2015-09-10 08.04.21.jpg

This is one of his new designs that are coming soon.

#393 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Scratch 1 Creep! I just installed the Police Light MDM in my Judge Dredd. I'm running a loop of Judge Dredd Super Fiend.
2015-09-10 08.04.02.jpg 2015-09-10 08.04.21.jpg
This is one of his new designs that are coming soon.

Me like.

#394 8 years ago

Have you worked out a way to not have the screws/holes on the front of the bezel? Is that a option to get them without the holes so I could mount it myself ie. double sided permanent tape.

#395 8 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Have you worked out a way to not have the screws/holes on the front of the bezel? Is that a option to get them without the holes so I could mount it myself ie. double sided permanent tape.

All the plastics have the holes. Sorry.

#396 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

All the plastics have the holes. Sorry.

I swapped the sliver screws out with black on my ST and they are hardly noticeable. I think for any dark frames this would work well and cost pennies.

2 months later
#397 8 years ago

Here are just a few of the new titles available on my website and mezelmods. The dripping blood can be used on a few different titles (BSD, SS, MB):

BSD2.jpgBSD2.jpg
BSD3.jpgBSD3.jpg
SS2.jpgSS2.jpg
KISS3.jpgKISS3.jpg

#399 8 years ago

Photo_2015-11-18_06-46-50_AM.pngPhoto_2015-11-18_06-46-50_AM.png

1 month later
#400 8 years ago

Love the IJ and T2...so many great clips to watch that my scores have dropped. Any update on the t2 frame?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

12,500 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 437 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-micro-display-mods-and-tspp-video-tv/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.