TSPP_V2_Install_1_(resized).jpg
TSPP_V2_Install_2_(resized).jpg
Photo_2015-11-18_06-46-50_AM.png
KISS3.jpg
SS2.jpg
BSD3.jpg
BSD2.jpg
2015-09-10_08.04.21.jpg
There are 437 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
#301 9 years ago

Here's Itchy & Scratchy at 2.5x from the same customer. The display for TSPP is a different size, so changing it to 2x wasn't fast enough (it's mis-titled "double speed").

#302 9 years ago

hows about a TV for Addams?

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

hows about a TV for Addams?

Check with Rob Anthony (Borygard on Pinside). I don't make the black and silver tv anymore, but I made a special order for him that he took to Expo. He might have more of the TAF available.

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Here's Itchy & Scratchy at 2.5x from the same customer. The display for TSPP is a different size, so changing it to 2x wasn't fast enough (it's mis-titled "double speed").
» YouTube video

i'd be watching that instead of the ball

#305 9 years ago

Got my MDM in Corvette installed. Looks outstanding - well worth it in my opinion!

Quick note for those who watch the first video, the device to initiate with is not necessarily the one I talk about in the video. Here are additional comments from Sparky:

"Thanks for the info about what device to initiate. I wasn't aware of that step because I initiated a long, long time ago, and it doesn't give me that option anymore. However, that option is only important if you're using the black programming screen. The Tools and Graphics Composer are the same for all the devices. Your device is actually uOLED-128-G2, not uOLED-160-G2. However, I can understand where that could confuse customers, so I'll see if I can add a note regarding that."

Just wanted to make sure that was mentioned in fairness to both Sparky and anyone looking to purchase one in the future.

1st video, Overall review/thoughts:

Post edited by NPO: 2nd Video Link didn't work

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Got my MDM in Corvette installed. Looks outstanding - well worth it in my opinion!...

Thanks for the video review! (second video link is broken?)

As mentioned in NPO's post, and just to clarify, it actually doesn't matter which device you choose when clicking "Choose a New project." That's just a step to get you to the Tools tab and Graphics Composer. It only matters which device you're choosing if you're using the programming cable and writing code for the device.

Thanks also to NPO for pointing this out. The first time I opened this software was back in February, so I didn't realize the "Green D" is not present when first-time users open it.

I've been worried that the conversion process would be a tech support nightmare, but so far, it's gone very smoothly (knocks on wood).

#307 9 years ago

Love it! Got one on my MET and one on ACDC. What can I say..... great mod!

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Love it! Got one on my MET and one on ACDC. What can I say..... great mod!
» YouTube video

Agreed these are great. Where did you get the cool drum kit?

#309 9 years ago

What is the best location on TSPP? By Itchy and Scratchy, sometimes a ball will be launched up if it's above one of the drop targets as it pops up. Could this damage the TV or is there a better location? Pics?

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

What is the best location on TSPP? By Itchy and Scratchy, sometimes a ball will be launched up if it's above one of the drop targets as it pops up. Could this damage the TV or is there a better location? Pics?

There are pics on the website and tspp owner's thread. On top of the Kruzty spinner or by I&S, but Itchy needs to be moved. I can't paste the tspp owner's site from my phone for some reason.

#311 9 years ago

I have five or six of your mods, including the TZ TV. Have you given any thought to making a Scared Stiff mod?

#312 9 years ago

The Micro Display Mod installed in my pinball. A very nice mod !

// Error: Image 311621 not found //

DSC_0035.JPGDSC_0035.JPG
#313 9 years ago

Any GETAWAY or DOCTOR WHO display coming ?

Is there any chance to have one day this mod for a gotllieb System 1 Buck Rogers or a Gottlieb system 80 ?

#314 9 years ago

Viper night driving.

image-67.jpgimage-67.jpg image-738.jpgimage-738.jpg
#315 9 years ago

I noticed on the web site that it says you must load your own video on the Micro Display Mod. Has something changed , because the video was already on the one that I ordered for my Transformers.

#316 9 years ago

just received mine, yes you have to load the video yourself.

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

just received mine, yes you have to load the video yourself.

Thanks for the info. My Transformers came with video already on it. I guess things have changed.

I have one for my AC/DC but haven't installed it yet. I guess I will have to watch the video and figure how to install it.

#318 9 years ago

I finally installed my Creature MDM that I purchased a while ago. It, too, had the video already loaded.

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Thanks for the info. My Transformers came with video already on it. I guess things have changed.
I have one for my AC/DC but haven't installed it yet. I guess I will have to watch the video and figure how to install it.

Yes, things have changed. Unfortunately, I can't send them out with video installed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Yes, things have changed. Unfortunately, I can't send them out with video installed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

That's fine Mark. Thanks for the PM explaining everything.

When will you have your MDM's available for sale again ? I would like to buy a few more.

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

That's fine Mark. Thanks for the PM explaining everything.
When will you have your MDM's available for sale again ? I would like to buy a few more.

I'm working on it. Hopefully by next week.

2 months later
#323 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Any update on this?

I've been working with a couple of customers who have experienced an unpredictable tech problem that we haven't been able to solve. Although it's only happened on a very small percentage of MDM's sent out, I don't feel comfortable putting these back up for sale and crossing my fingers until we figure it out.

However, the TSPP uses a different display, and I haven't had any issues with that product, so I will probably put those back up for sale soon.

#324 9 years ago

I've had my IM display for a while now. Zero problems so far bud. Will prob get your Avengers display soon as well.

#325 9 years ago

What about JD. I'm sure I can put JD3D on it. Unless there are comic cartoons of these floating around.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#326 9 years ago

I've had some of my many MDMs running off a power supply 24/7 for months without an issue.

#327 9 years ago

I have one on checkpoint, VND, Metallica, mustang with no issues. Mark has great customer support.

1 month later
#328 9 years ago

I've updated the home page to my website with most of the info below.

A few TSPP MDM TV's are in stock and for sale, as that display has not encountered the tech issue the plastic bezel MDM's have experienced. If the TSPP MDM TV sells out within the next few weeks, I should have more available in the middle of March.

Our current theory of power harness noise/interference is being tested with snap choke core by a handful of customers, and the reports have been coming back positive. I have sold a few MDM's recently to customers who have emailed, and they've been trying the snap chokes with success, as well.

Before I put everything back in stock, resupply my inventory, and start making plans for more titles, I want to make sure we have a definitive cause and solution.

If anyone is interested in purchasing now with the understanding that I will refund if you experience the problem, and it can't be solved, please pm or email. I have a limited supply of displays available before I invest in more inventory.

Thank you all for your patience.

#329 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I've updated the home page to my website with most of the info below.
A few TSPP MDM TV's are in stock and for sale, as that display has not encountered the tech issue the plastic bezel MDM's have experienced. If the TSPP MDM TV sells out within the next few weeks, I should have more available in the middle of March.
Our current theory of power harness noise/interference is being tested with snap choke core by a handful of customers, and the reports have been coming back positive. I have sold a few MDM's recently to customers who have emailed, and they've been trying the snap chokes with success, as well.
Before I put everything back in stock, resupply my inventory, and start making plans for more titles, I want to make sure we have a definitive cause and solution.
If anyone is interested in purchasing now with the understanding that I will refund if you experience the problem, and it can't be solved, please pm or email. I have a limited supply of displays available before I invest in more inventory.
Thank you all for your patience.

Sounds like good news Mark.

2 weeks later
#330 9 years ago

Does anyone sell preloaded video for TSPP or other games? Thanks for the help.

#331 9 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Does anyone sell preloaded video for TSPP or other games? Thanks for the help.

PM sent.

#332 9 years ago

Hey Mark, how about one for RFM? I have the game now and it would look cool but what would the video be. Earth v the Flying Saucers. But that's in b&w.

#333 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Mark, how about one for RFM? I have the game now and it would look cool but what would the video be. Earth v the Flying Saucers. But that's in b&w.

I've seen some compilations on youtube of alien vs military scenes from different movies like Independence Day, District 9, and others.

I use to own an SWE1, but I don't know how we would tap into the 5v like we do the other titles. I'm not opposed to doing future titles, but developing new ones are on hold for now.

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Clips from "Mars Attacks!" are all but made for such a thing.

#335 9 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

» YouTube video

Mars Attacks was the first thing I thought of, but I've never seen the movie, so I wasn't sure.

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Mars Attacks was the first thing I thought of, but I've never seen the movie, so I wasn't sure.

It's an acquired taste. Hated it at first, but it's grown on me. It's very Tim Burton if that makes sense.

And per the ipdb - "According to George Gomez, Attack from Mars was *not* originally inspired by the movie 'Mars Attacks' as is commonly suggested. According to Gomez, Brian Eddy had the concept long before the movie and it is mere coincidence that they emerged on the market within a year of each other."

Perhaps, though since the movie was based on a set of trading cards from 1962, I have to think the cards were some part of the inspiration for the artwork in the table.

Regardless - if you make one for AFM or RFM - it's the logical choice for material.

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I've seen some compilations on youtube of alien vs military scenes from different movies like Independence Day, District 9, and others.
I use to own an SWE1, but I don't know how we would tap into the 5v like we do the other titles. I'm not opposed to doing future titles, but developing new ones are on hold for now.

OK Mark, thanks for considering it.

#338 9 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

» YouTube video

I completly forgot about that movie.

#339 9 years ago

There is 5v available from a connector in the computer case from the power supply. It is the Yellow and black wires running to the clip!! I would be in for one, after my T2 and IJ!!!!

#340 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

There is 5v available from a connector in the computer case from the power supply. It is the Yellow and black wires running to the clip!! I would be in for one, after my T2 and IJ!!!!

Is the connector the same 3-hole plug that we use on Stern and the power taps?

3-Pin Connector.jpg3-Pin Connector.jpg

#341 9 years ago

MustangPaul: You could always take the 5v from the unused floppy power connector in the PC. I used the 12v line (12v=yellow wire 5v=red wire) for some color changing LEDs.

#342 9 years ago

Awesome mod Sparky. Thanks for the hard work on these. Installed on my I500 and TSPP this weekend.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#343 9 years ago

Mark is the best. Great product and great customer service.

#344 9 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

MustangPaul: You could always take the 5v from the unused floppy power connector in the PC. I used the 12v line (12v=yellow wire 5v=red wire) for some color changing LEDs.

Thanks FGO, I'm gonna use that 5v line for the vid amp.

#345 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Is the connector the same 3-hole plug that we use on Stern and the power taps?
3-Pin Connector.jpg

no its the 4 pin connector that comes off the power supply. red/black 5v, black/yellow 12v

IMAG0773.jpgIMAG0773.jpgIMAG0772.jpgIMAG0772.jpg

#346 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

no its the 4 pin connector that comes off the power supply. red/black 12v, black/yellow 5v...

Careful, that's backwards. Red/black is 5V, yellow/black is 12V.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#347 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

That's why ya always check with a MM when your messin with this stuff. Thanks.

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

Thanks, I corrected that...was in a hurry. I have a led translight connected to the 12v too! Duh!

#349 9 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Awesome mod Sparky. Thanks for the hard work on these. Installed on my I500 and TSPP this weekend.

Thanks for posting the pics! I'd like to add your I500 pics to my website.

Quoted from Borygard:

Careful, that's backwards. Red/black is 5V, yellow/black is 12V

Thanks for catching that, Rob!

#350 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

Now for a very important question, how much of a load can the 5v and 12v from that connector handle?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 437 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-micro-display-mods-and-tspp-video-tv/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.