TSPP_V2_Install_1_(resized).jpg
TSPP_V2_Install_2_(resized).jpg
Photo_2015-11-18_06-46-50_AM.png
KISS3.jpg
SS2.jpg
BSD3.jpg
BSD2.jpg
2015-09-10_08.04.21.jpg

There are 437 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.
#151 9 years ago

any video available for

Star Trek Micro Display Mod

which scenes will be showed?
how long ?

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

any video available for
Star Trek Micro Display Mod
which scenes will be showed?
how long ?

The sample video for Stern's ST is a little over 20 minutes before it repeats. I don't know the official names for the scenes, but if you're familiar with the film, you might recognize my description

-Natives chasing Kirk (Prime Directive?)
- Spock Volcano jump
- Klingon fight
- Kirk fights Khan after Klingon fight
- Khan takes over Vengeance
- Space Jump
- Vengeance crash into earth
- Spock chases Khan after crash
- McCoy's hope for Kirk

#153 9 years ago

The Iron Man MDM had been sold out the last few days. It is now back in stock and available on the website. ( www.sparkypinball.com )

#154 9 years ago

Payment sent for the TSPP MDM. This looks awesome and always nice to support the local guy.

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

This looks awesome

It's so awesome I'm putting 2 on my Avatar LE.

#156 9 years ago

I received my MDM for Metallica! Excellent mod! If your on the fence don't hesitate, its worth it. Thanks Sparky!!

10003906_10202280218516628_2285431843805223762_n.jpg10003906_10202280218516628_2285431843805223762_n.jpg1932393_10202280222396725_8644899948344717138_n-446.jpg1932393_10202280222396725_8644899948344717138_n-446.jpg10533385_10202280220956689_5154549761928390008_n.jpg10533385_10202280220956689_5154549761928390008_n.jpg1920600_10202281306863836_2297810631167939556_n-684.jpg1920600_10202281306863836_2297810631167939556_n-684.jpg

#157 9 years ago

Most excellent Jeff. Where did ya get the coffin and skeleton at ? I like it.

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Most excellent Jeff. Where did ya get the coffin and skeleton at ? I like it.

mezelmods.com same place I got the fangs

It fills a rather dull, blank area nicely.

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's so awesome I'm putting 2 on my Avatar LE.

The Avatar MDM's are now available on the website. Sample video is about 35 minutes long and is a compilation of many scenes from the film.

http://sparkypinball.com/avatar-micro-display-mod

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The Avatar MDM's are now available on the website. Sample video is about 35 minutes long and is a compilation of many scenes from the film.
http://sparkypinball.com/avatar-micro-display-mod

I've got 2 coming for my LE so I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

#161 9 years ago

Sparky rocks!!! Thanks for all the tech support for Tron.

20140825_203544.jpg20140825_203544.jpg 20140825_203528.jpg20140825_203528.jpg
#162 9 years ago

Ordered one for Metallica!

#163 9 years ago

I second that " sparky rocks" - thanks from oz !
x-men mdm.JPGx-men mdm.JPG

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Sparky rocks!!! Thanks for all the tech support for Tron.

Quoted from iDD:

I second that " sparky rocks" - thanks from oz !

Thanks for posting the pics! Looks great!

#165 9 years ago

Here's Mustang hooked up. The perfect place for it was on the left ramp where Stern conveniently put 4 holes just so Sparkys mod could go there. How did you arrange that with the game designers anyway. Looks great but I really have to put my buddies road racing video on it. And I also put a new clear red apron on. Anyone know where I can get the factory stickers for the apron?

IMGA0193.JPGIMGA0193.JPG

IMGA0195.JPGIMGA0195.JPG
IMGA0198.JPGIMGA0198.JPG
IMGA0199.JPGIMGA0199.JPG
IMGA0197.JPGIMGA0197.JPG

Now I have 2 MDM's on my Mustang.

IMGA0201.JPGIMGA0201.JPG
IMGA0200.JPGIMGA0200.JPG

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here's Mustang hooked up. The perfect place for it was on the left ramp where Stern conveniently put 4 holes just so Sparkys mod could go there. How did you arrange that with the game designers anyway. Looks great but I really have to put my buddies road racing video on it. And I also put a new clear red apron on. Anyone know where I can get the factory stickers for the apron?

Now I have 2 MDM's on my Mustang.

That looks like the perfect location, Paul!

#167 9 years ago

It is and it helps to balance out the tach that's on the other side of the pf. Another happy customer Mark. Now one for EATPM or T3 please.

#168 9 years ago

ok, Im going to get a couple...For my STLE im using the power inlet for a led nebula mod. Will the splitter your selling on your site allow for another connection?

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

ok, Im going to get a couple...For my STLE im using the power inlet for a led nebula mod. Will the splitter your selling on your site allow for another connection?

If you're connecting the led nebula mod to the unused plug near the coin door on the right side of the cab, the splitters on my site simply split that plug for two connections instead of one. You shouldn't have any problems splitting both. If a customer has multiple mods, an FTS-8 from DK Pinball is suggested rather than continuing to connect splitters to splitters. If there is one particular mod that consumes a lot of power, like a topper, a Stern power tap from DK Pinball is recommended to run that mod on a dedicated line.

I hope that answered your question.

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

If you're connecting the led nebula mod to the unused plug near the coin door on the right side of the cab, the splitters on my site simply split that plug for two connections instead of one. You shouldn't have any problems splitting both. If a customer has multiple mods, an FTS-8 from DK Pinball is suggested rather than continuing to connect splitters to splitters. If there is one particular mod that consumes a lot of power, like a topper, a Stern power tap from DK Pinball is recommended to run that mod on a dedicated line.
I hope that answered your question.

Yes, Im connecting the led nebula mod to the unused plug near the coin door on the right side of the cab. It is the only connection and since it is running LED's the power drain would be minimal. Thanks for answering my questions!

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here's Mustang hooked up.

Looks nice Paul. Have you considered loading some dash cam vids from Russia? They are entertaining and difficult to avoid staring at.

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Looks nice Paul. Have you considered loading some dash cam vids from Russia? They are entertaining and difficult to avoid staring at.

Thanks, my buddy has a '70 Mach 1 that he road races so he's going to put together his HD stuff, around the pits and inside his car and from the spectator views. I wish the game could play the sounds of the car when he's on the track. 7500rpm sounds soooooo sweet at 160mph.

1074816_208160445974716_1849089122_o.jpg1074816_208160445974716_1849089122_o.jpg
IMGA0104.JPGIMGA0104.JPG
IMGA0114.JPGIMGA0114.JPG
IMGA0120.JPGIMGA0120.JPG
IMGA0144.JPGIMGA0144.JPG

That's me stand by his car.

IMGA0182.JPGIMGA0182.JPG

#173 9 years ago

Love my TSPP mod. Looks like it should have come from the factory this was and Sparky was top notch to deal with.

#174 9 years ago

Id love to see pics when STLE and SM owners have put theirs. I ordered mine today...looking forward to installing.

Gots to love modding!!!

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Id love to see pics when STLE and SM owners have put theirs. I ordered mine today...looking forward to installing.
Gots to love modding!!!

The pic below was shared by an ST customer. Another good spot is behind that same asteroid before the ramp turns, or there's a spot by the left VUK that looked pretty good, and it's a little closer to the player.

MustangPaul has an STLE, too, so as soon as he gets a chance to install, he'll probably post pics.

I haven't had any SM customers share their installation location with me yet, so if you find a good spot when you get it, post some pics!

ST Install.jpgST Install.jpg

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

MustangPaul has an STLE

I WISH it was an LE....it's a Pro.

#177 9 years ago

I posted this in one of the TWD threads, but I'm afraid it might get lost in the craziness there.

I hope to have an MDM ready when the game is released. I want to wait to see pics of the playfield art before deciding on the plastic artwork, but what would guys be interested in seeing on the display? A compilation of the show, clips of the motion comic, and/or video scrolling of comic (like the links below)? All of it mixed together?

#178 9 years ago

Anyone else have a problem with this mod shutting down. I had it installed for about an hour and it briefly shut down for 30 seconds then came back on. At first I attributed it to starting the loop again but then it went blank for quite awhile. I then cycled the power and now it only plays for about 15 seconds and shuts down!! This makes me a little nervous so I have it disconnected from the power. Any ideas??? have some friends coming tomorrow and wanted to show this off!

#179 9 years ago

Here is my iron man location. It looks pretty cool. I wanted it closer so that I can see it cause it's a smaller screen. I like the spot. image-469.jpgimage-469.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Anyone else have a problem with this mod shutting down. I had it installed for about an hour and it briefly shut down for 30 seconds then came back on. At first I attributed it to starting the loop again but then it went blank for quite awhile. I then cycled the power and now it only plays for about 15 seconds and shuts down!! This makes me a little nervous so I have it disconnected from the power. Any ideas??? have some friends coming tomorrow and wanted to show this off!

Send me an email and I'll try to help you troubleshoot. It's losing power, either from a bad harness connector, or possibly splitting with other mods? Move the wire harness back and forth slowly to different positions to see if it goes on/off (don't let the connector pull off the pins, though).

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Anyone else have a problem with this mod shutting down...

I have six of the MDMs. Two are still unopened, but I've bench tested the other four over 24 hours each without an issue. I wonder if the video file can be corrupt?

#182 9 years ago

Hey sparky, any ideas on where to mount on TZ? Got the mod and was hoping to install.

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I have six of the MDMs. Two are still unopened, but I've bench tested the other four over 24 hours each without an issue. I wonder if the video file can be corrupt?

My first attempt at a BoP video wouldn't even start. I can verify that a corrupt video can prevent playback. Mine wouldn't start at all so I am not sure if it would cause the behavior described above.

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I'm 90% sure that if it works, goes "dark," and then comes back on at the beginning of the video when powered back on, it has intermittent power. More than likely, the red wire on the back of the connector is flaky and moving in and out of "connection."

A corrupt file would go to white screen, snow, or do crazy things in the exact same place every time, and it would have done it before I shipped it. Providing 5v off and on wouldn't corrupt the file.

Quoted from Cheddar:

My first attempt at a BoP video wouldn't even start. I can verify that a corrupt video can prevent playback. Mine wouldn't start at all so I am not sure if it would cause the behavior described above.

Cheddar's experience is different because he was creating his own video and loading the micro sd card himself. Once the file is working on the card, it's working on the card. The behavior of MSJ2222's MDM sounds like it has intermittent power or a lack of sufficient power.

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Hey sparky, any ideas on where to mount on TZ? Got the mod and was hoping to install.

Email with pics sent.

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Send me an email and I'll try to help you troubleshoot. It's losing power, either from a bad harness connector, or possibly splitting with other mods? Move the wire harness back and forth slowly to different positions to see if it goes on/off (don't let the connector pull off the pins, though).

I have emailed you twice and included my phone #. I am convinced its not a power issue. It seems more to be overheating and shutting down. If I unplug it for and let it sit till it cools down completely it runs for about an hour. If it shuts down and I unplug it for a few minutes then plug it back in it only runs for about 10-15 seconds. I believe its defective.

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I have emailed you twice and included my phone #. I am convinced its not a power issue. It seems more to be overheating and shutting down. If I unplug it for and let it sit till it cools down completely it runs for about an hour. If it shuts down and I unplug it for a few minutes then plug it back in it only runs for about 10-15 seconds. I believe its defective.

I didn't receive those emails, but I sent an email to the account that was attached to your Paypal payment. Sorry for the delay. I was out of town all day without Internet service. I'll take care of the MDM.

#188 9 years ago

OK folks I just mounted 2 on my Avatar LE and do they look GREAT. They are bright and clear and the colors look fantastic. Both MDM show the same video but Sparky started one 20 minutes ahead of the other, that way they don't show the same vid at the same time. Thanks Sparky, your product really adds a level of excitement and class to my game(s).

IMGA0205.JPGIMGA0205.JPG
IMGA0206.JPGIMGA0206.JPG

This picture shows a little extension I made to get it away from the flasher because the top of the screen is tilted backward so the player can see it more directly.

IMGA0208.JPGIMGA0208.JPG
IMGA0209.JPGIMGA0209.JPG
IMGA0210.JPGIMGA0210.JPG
IMGA0211.JPGIMGA0211.JPG
IMGA0212.JPGIMGA0212.JPG
IMGA0213.JPGIMGA0213.JPG
IMGA0214.JPGIMGA0214.JPG
IMGA0215.JPGIMGA0215.JPG
IMGA0216.JPGIMGA0216.JPG

#189 9 years ago

A customer sent me this pic of a great location for ToM!

ToM Install.JPGToM Install.JPG

#190 9 years ago

Seems like the best place for these is by or over ramps.

#191 9 years ago

I hate the one I installed on my STTNG......

Because it make me want to add more to my other machines!!

Very clever mod. It looks great and works great! Thanks!!!!

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Haha! I agree with this guy! My wallet can't handle it.

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Haha! I agree with this guy! My wallet can't handle it.

This is cheap compared to the full set of candy red armor and legs I just bought for Mustang. But it is sooooo cool and a must have for your game.

#194 9 years ago

So where does it mount for STTNG and what does it look like - I want one

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Anywhere you want and it looks great

#196 9 years ago

On STTNG I mounted it to the left of the rank target (upper left). I can take a photo when I get a chance but it was actually the spot recommended by Sparky.

To make my life easier I just cut the wire approx mid way to run it easily down through the playfield & plastics- then just soldered them back together.

All in all it took me longer to take off the glass, clear the pinballs and lift the playfield than it did to install.

A very very cool mod- that's very well made.

....hmm.....I may need another one......

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

You had me for a second!

Glad you're happy with it!

Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

There are pics on the website of two different install locations ( www.sparkypinball.com ). The spot I recommended for mamemaster is where I have mine, and I really like it there.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Anywhere you want and it looks great

This should be my marketing reply

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

This should be my marketing reply

Well it's the truth. I loooove mine.

#199 9 years ago

Just placed a order for one to try on my TF.
Cant wait to try it out.

#200 9 years ago

Cool Mod! AC/DC please

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wentzville, MO
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,775 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Zurich, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
There are 437 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-micro-display-mods-and-tspp-video-tv/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.