TSPP_V2_Install_1_(resized).jpg
TSPP_V2_Install_2_(resized).jpg
Photo_2015-11-18_06-46-50_AM.png
KISS3.jpg
SS2.jpg
BSD3.jpg
BSD2.jpg
2015-09-10_08.04.21.jpg
There are 437 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#51 9 years ago

How about No Good Gofers?

Ripe for Caddyshack clips.

Bill

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from packetpusher:

I'll make that 2 orders for an Avatar version. This mod would be perfect for such a visually impressive movie. Until then - I'm off to order a Tron!

and if you could make the video a 3 D version that would be OVER THE TOP! Just kidding.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Be aware that pics and videos to see how and where it's installed is fine, but it's horrible in dertermining the quality of the picture on the display and artwork on the plastics. It's amazing how different the display looks in person compared to how it shows up on camera. I can't stress this enough, and I hope customers will vouch for this pic/video difference after installing.

People have to remember that it's a 1 1/2in diag. screen with a pixel count of 480x360 so the detail will be OUTSTANDING.

#54 9 years ago

Ordered 3 yesterday, Met, ST and Mustang. My buddy has a '70 Mustang roadrace car and has tons of HD footage inside the car and shots from the infield of his and many other Mustangs. He's going to put together about an hour of his best stuff to display on the screen.

Question, how big of a card (GB) do you need for 1 hour?

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Ordered 3 yesterday, Met, ST and Mustang. My buddy has a '70 Mustang roadrace car and has tons of HD footage inside the car and shots from the infield of his and many other Mustangs. He's going to put together about an hour of his best stuff to display on the screen.
Question, how big of a card (GB) do you need for 1 hour?

It only supports a 2gb card, which I provide. I got 1 hour of Avengers and Tron on each of those cards, but the original file was saved on Windows Live Movie Maker as the Small Phone default (320x240, Bit Rate 1.60 Mbps). I also delete the sound in case that takes up file space. The small phone default was the best choice from my trial and error regarding clearest picture without a lot of artifacts (pixel blotches). It also saves at a low bit rate, so the file size isn't very big, and more video will fit within the 2gb limit (it's actually around 1.82 gb).

I think the pixel count of the display is actually 128 x 128

#56 9 years ago

Just my thoughts but Ac/Dc, plastic like stage setup shaped with the red caps + music videos would be awesome.

#57 9 years ago

Something like this:
http://www.acdc.com/us/photos/acdc-black-ice-world-tour-stage

It could include for example that tour intro video \,,/

#58 9 years ago

I have one of the prototype black tv mdms in my TZ. These are great little mods to give a noce flare to the game.

I find myself watching the clips thinking about how much I like that TZ episode and drain the ball.

We test fit one in tron to get pictures on the website and that looked great as well.

Good luck sparky. Once these things really take off I hope you have enough time on your hands tk keep up with demand.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Jabbles180:

I have one of the prototype black tv mdms in my TZ. These are great little mods to give a noce flare to the game.
I find myself watching the clips thinking about how much I like that TZ episode and drain the ball.
We test fit one in tron to get pictures on the website and that looked great as well.
Good luck sparky. Once these things really take off I hope you have enough time on your hands tk keep up with demand.

Really hope he make the tz again I really would like one .you have any pictures or video of yours ? Id like to check it out

#60 9 years ago

Any chance of doing a Family Guy TV done up similar to the Simpson's one? It would go perfectly above the TV mode start hole for that game.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really hope he make the tz again I really would like one .you have any pictures or video of yours ? Id like to check it out

I posted this pic and video in the TZ owners' thread and displayed the TV in my game at PAGG. The guys who bought it seem to like it, but I had a difficult time selling them. At the same time, TSPP was selling like crazy, and I had wait lists two different times! Since both use the same model, the decision was made to stock up on TSPP, and it's been a steady seller.

A lot of the TZ market already has the slide show TV, so I don't think guys would buy both. Having a slide show tv AND an MDM with a different design shouldn't be an issue for guys to have both. I was considering the concept below for a future MDM.

Black TV.jpgBlack TV.jpg

TZ Plastic.jpgTZ Plastic.jpg

#62 9 years ago

Definitely need your TV or MDM in my TZ. I already have the slideshow TV, but would seriously think about replacing it with your TV!

#63 9 years ago

Many of our TZs are chock full of mods, which begs the question, "Where to put another mod?" One suggestion is between the shooter lane.

0141fce752140978af4d5fe78cedcb163042dce638-865.jpg0141fce752140978af4d5fe78cedcb163042dce638-865.jpg

MDM Bezel design? Maybe a broken window graphic like the one on the left shooter lane or maybe something similar to the right inlane graphic.

014e4eb8cb62d8f3774d417ca0390d97ecbfa3070f_00002-633.jpg014e4eb8cb62d8f3774d417ca0390d97ecbfa3070f_00002-633.jpg

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Many of our TZs are chock full of mods, which begs the question, "Where to put another mod?" One suggestion is between the shooter lane.

MDM Bezel design? Maybe a broken window graphic like the one on the left shooter lane or maybe something similar to the right inlane graphic.

This is a good spot, too (yellow square). I tried a different MDM there, and it fits perfectly on one of the screws there. It also hides the switch cover.

TZ MDM Sample Location.jpgTZ MDM Sample Location.jpg

#65 9 years ago

Shit that's cool. How long is the Metallica video? I'll be buying this one soon.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Shit that's cool. How long is the Metallica video? I'll be buying this one soon.

My sample is about 15 minutes for Metallica. I'll have instructions on how to re-format the cards and customers can load their own video in the near future. You can get about 60 minutes, if you want, before it repeats.

#67 9 years ago

Do you have any pictures of this mod on a Spider-Man? How long is the video and what are the clips of?

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Do you have any pictures of this mod on a Spider-Man? How long is the video and what are the clips of?

No pictures of it installed in a game yet, but here are pics of the device on the website:

http://sparkypinball.com/spider-man-mdm

My sample video is about 21 minutes long, and there are scenes from all three movies, including Bonesaw, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, the New Goblin, black suit, saving MJ from Venom and Sandman.

#69 9 years ago

Im interested in the NASCAR display. Id also like to know what the video consists of and how long it runs.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Im interested in the Nascar display. Id also like to know what the video consists of and how long it runs.

My sample for NASCAR is about 15 minutes of mostly race finishes, guys celebrating by burning out, and just a basic compilation of racing coverage. If you're a fan of a specific car/driver/team, you could put together a compilation of your favorite stuff.

#71 9 years ago

I finally installed the MDM in my Bride of Pinbot. Installation could not have been simpler. I ran the wires along the existing harness and into the existing clips. I chose to install to the left of the main ramp covering the small wheel\jackpot entry.

I used a custom video of a compilation of space shuttle launches. As mentioned earlier the video is too small. I have chosen another I will convert for this but I was too impatient to do it before I installed.

I used the star trek mdm for mine.

WP_20140809_16_08_48_Pro.jpgWP_20140809_16_08_48_Pro.jpgWP_20140809_16_10_30_Pro.jpgWP_20140809_16_10_30_Pro.jpg

This mod is difficult to get good pictures of. The video looks excellent in person.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

...As mentioned earlier the video is too small.

I have a BoP and was wondering which MDM you used. The Star Trek MDM looks good.
I still think your quad video is a bit small. Please let us know if you come up with am alternative video of shuttle launches.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I posted this pic and video in the TZ owners' thread and displayed the TV in my game at PAGG. The guys who bought it seem to like it, but I had a difficult time selling them. At the same time, TSPP was selling like crazy, and I had wait lists two different times! Since both use the same model, the decision was made to stock up on TSPP, and it's been a steady seller.
A lot of the TZ market already has the slide show TV, so I don't think guys would buy both. Having a slide show tv AND an MDM with a different design shouldn't be an issue for guys to have both. I was considering the concept below for a future MDM.

» YouTube video

Black TV.jpg 32 KB

TZ Plastic.jpg 18 KB

Not diggen the spiral setup, and wouldn't buy a TV with the slide show, but TV with video? Uh, hell yeah! Get er done!

More action video though. Space ships, shock scenes ( doctors with ugly faces trying to make 'pretty girl like them), how to serve man, guy with glasses after nuclear war breaks glasses, Rod Serling smoking. Etc.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

» YouTube video

Black TV.jpg 32 KB

TZ Plastic.jpg 18 KB

Wow id love to have that tv and videokeep up the awesome work and if you ever find or make thistz one again let me know

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I have a BoP and was wondering which MDM you used. The Star Trek MDM looks good.
I still think your quad video is a bit small. Please let us know if you come up with am alternative video of shuttle launches.

There are a bunch of space shuttle launch videos on youtube. The one below is a compilation that's 9 1/2 minutes long that could be edited in with others if you wanted the video to be longer. Some of the portions might need to be edited out because of split screens or leaving the camera on a blue sky with a speck of light (shuttle) for too long, but pretty easy.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I finally installed the MDM in my Bride of Pinbot. ...
I used the Star Trek mdm for mine.

This mod is difficult to get good pictures of. The video looks excellent in person.

Looks great, Cheddar! Goes great with the purple post sleeves.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from packetpusher:

I'll make that 2 orders for an Avatar version. This mod would be perfect for such a visually impressive movie. Until then - I'm off to order a Tron!

Yep I would be in for one for my Avatar LE...great looking mod Sparky

#78 9 years ago

For your IM viewing pleasure in case you were on the fence:

#79 9 years ago

How bout one for JM or JD ?

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

For your IM viewing pleasure in case you were on the fence:
» YouTube video

Thanks for the video! How did you avoid the frequency scan lines while filming? Would it be too much to ask you to film some of the scenes that don't take place at night, so IM owners can get a better feel for the video content? Or do the frequency scan lines show up on the brighter scenes?

Quoted from PinRob:

How bout one for JM or JD ?

Honestly, I'm open to doing any titles that might sell, and this includes DE games like TFTC and GnR, or Sys 11 games like ES or WW, There's a certain investment in creating "X" number of plastics, and I'm hoping the initial investment in these first 16 designs was worth the effort and justifies doing more.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Thanks for the video! How did you avoid the frequency scan lines while filming? Would it be too much to ask you to film some of the scenes that don't take place at night, so IM owners can get a better feel for the video content? Or do the frequency scan lines show up on the brighter scenes?

Honestly, I'm open to doing any titles that might sell, and this includes DE games like TFTC and GnR, or Sys 11 games like ES or WW, There's a certain investment in creating "X" number of plastics, and I'm hoping the initial investment in these first 16 designs was worth the effort and justifies doing more.

TFTC! TFTC! TFTC! TFTC! TFTC!

FTW!

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

There are 3 of us who want Avatar, if that's not enough to do the face plate and the video how much would you charge for just the set-up without a design on the faceplate and no video on the card. We could do it ourselves.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I will def do one with brighter scenes and I'll get a different angle as well. I don't know about the frequency scan lines, I just hit record. Maybe they'll be more noticeable on the brighter scenes like you said. We'll see.

It's one of those mods that it's even better in person.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

There are 3 of us who want Avatar, if that's not enough to do the face plate and the video how much would you charge for just the set-up without a design on the faceplate and no video on the card. We could do it ourselves.

There's no charge for the video. The video you receive is a sample for testing purposes to make sure the display works.

I've only been selling these for five days, but it's interesting that I have more requests for Avatar than I have sales for LOTR, SM, Transformers, and XM! LOL!

Any suggestions for the Avatar faceplate art?

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Any suggestions for the Avatar faceplate art?

VH-avatar-rowan-atkinson.jpgVH-avatar-rowan-atkinson.jpg

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

VH-avatar-rowan-atkinson.jpg 20 KB

LOL! That reminded me of Pepper from American Horror Story!

pepper.jpgpepper.jpg

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

VH-avatar-rowan-atkinson.jpg 20 KB

OH GOD NOOOO! But that is funny.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I've only been selling these for five days, but it's interesting that I have more requests for Avatar than I have sales for LOTR, SM, Transformers, and XM! LOL!

That could be because no one really makes a mod for Avatar. If you look at my Avatar Club topic you'll see that I've been making my own. Your mod would really fill a "mod void" for Avatar and fill it rather nicely. Coming up with a faceplate design is a tough one though, not much of a "canvas" to work with. There are so many stunning visuals in the movie like the night scene where they are running through the multi colored glowing woods and the flying scenes, you would just have to put an entire 1 hour on the card. The whole movie is just so full of color that it would REALLY show your mod off. I might even buy 2 for the game.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That could be because no one really makes a mod for Avatar. If you look at my Avatar Club topic you'll see that I've been making my own. Your mod would really fill a "mod void" for Avatar and fill it rather nicely. Coming up with a faceplate design is a tough one though, not much of a "canvas" to work with. There are so many stunning visuals in the movie like the night scene where they are running through the multi colored glowing woods and the flying scenes, you would just have to put an entire 1 hour on the card. The whole movie is just so full of color that it would REALLY show your mod off. I might even buy 2 for the game.

What about a "field" of the floating tree seeds? This is just a quick mock up:

avatar concept.jpgavatar concept.jpg

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

That's a good one.

#91 9 years ago

I'll take one of the TZ TVs if you ever make them again

#92 9 years ago

**Sorry, edited post. I didn't mean to hit send**

#93 9 years ago

I just ordered an iron man one though my refinery edition machine hasn't been delivered yet. Will be getting it soon. Very cool looking mod. Well done.

#94 9 years ago
#95 9 years ago

This mod makes me wish I still had my Stern Playboy !

( . ) ( . )

#96 9 years ago

Just got my Met, ST and Mustang today. Man that's some FAST shipping. Now just have to find the time to hook them up. Thanks Sparky.

IMGA0179.JPGIMGA0179.JPG
#97 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just got my Met, ST and Mustang today. Man that's some FAST shipping. Now just have to find the time to hook them up. Thanks Sparky.

Paul, even if you don't have time to install, at least plug one harness through a coin door and plug in each, one at a time, to see what the video looks like.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Me likie. You could also do a version with some of the human flying machines going off to fight those pesky natives (or the natives going off to fight those pesky invading humans).

#99 9 years ago

First, tremendous mod! Absolutely awesome!

Second,any chance you plan to add additional offerings from Stern such as Shrek, Family Guy or Avengers (Hulk LE)?

Thanks!

Marcus

#100 9 years ago

The Avatar surround looks great...take my money!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 85.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 149.00
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

There are 437 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-micro-display-mods-and-tspp-video-tv/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.